As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    So I've been going through the FFVI dungeons and just made it to the Storm Dragon. That dude is a load of hot bullshit. I managed to eke out a Mastery, but he's harder than a lot of the ++s I've seen lately.

Was that the guy needed for Cyan's RM2? That guy was one of the toughest bosses I've fought, since you really cannot shut him down and he's prone to laying waste to you very easily. I always had him hit me with some AE nonsense for the 0.1 second in between break skills.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Ardor wrote: »
    So I've been going through the FFVI dungeons and just made it to the Storm Dragon. That dude is a load of hot bullshit. I managed to eke out a Mastery, but he's harder than a lot of the ++s I've seen lately.

Was that the guy needed for Cyan's RM2? That guy was one of the toughest bosses I've fought, since you really cannot shut him down and he's prone to laying waste to you very easily. I always had him hit me with some AE nonsense for the 0.1 second in between break skills.

I....he has Cyan's RM2? I have to do that again?

Wait, just checked, I don't care about that one.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Definitely one of the hardest Dungeon bosses. Shella + Magic Breakdown + SG is pretty much required. Also when it came out it was impossible to get three medals on actions taken, since big enemies counted as 1 enemy then, instead of two now, so you had 2.65 actions instead of the 6 you have now to kill them, plus damage taken was much stricter. Did you bring Cyan along?

• Options

Definitely one of the hardest Dungeon bosses. Shella + Magic Breakdown + SG is pretty much required. Also when it came out it was impossible to get three medals on actions taken, since big enemies counted as 1 enemy then, instead of two now, so you had 2.65 actions instead of the 6 you have now to kill them, plus damage taken was much stricter. Did you bring Cyan along?

Nooooope I did not. It's okay, though. What's not okay is the Deathgaze trio. Bosses like this that are designed to eat a mythril grind my gears a little bit.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Nooooope I did not. It's okay, though. What's not okay is the Deathgaze trio. Bosses like this that are designed to eat a mythril grind my gears a little bit.

That stage was custom made for the refill Record Materia. He doesn't have a huge amount of HP in each stage, to be honest. I beat it without a Mythril, so if you want to run your team by the thread, I can give you some feedback if you like?

In other news, I've pruned and polished by RW list. The latest incarnation:

10 Sentinel's Grimoire (most generally useful)
    3 Boon (Hastega against Magic bosses)
    3 Lunatic High (Hastega against Physical bosses)
    4 Advance (Advantaliate)
    2/1 Hand of the Emperor/Planet Protector (farming/when I'm out of Advances)
    4 Bio Blaster (highest chance to inflict poison)
    4 Shadow Flare (same for blind)
    2/2 Angel Wing Quake/Death Blossom (same for slow)

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    But it'll sit with you. Gnawing away at your subconcious. That the level isn't fully complete and you're missing Cyan's second RM. A constant, oppressive reminder of your total failure!

Or not. Free Retaliate at low HP? Whoopidy-doo. Might have served a use in the Dark Bahamut fight (for a grand total of one free action at the start) but that's about it. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    But it'll sit with you. Gnawing away at your subconcious. That the level isn't fully complete and you're missing Cyan's second RM. A constant, oppressive reminder of your total failure!

Or not. Free Retaliate at low HP? Whoopidy-doo. Might have served a use in the Dark Bahamut fight (for a grand total of one free action at the start) but that's about it. :)

I put over 2000 stamina in getting Garnet's Healer Materia, just because.

• Options

That stage was custom made for the refill Record Materia. He doesn't have a huge amount of HP in each stage, to be honest. I beat it without a Mythril, so if you want to run your team by the thread, I can give you some feedback if you like?

In other news, I've pruned and polished by RW list. The latest incarnation:

10 Sentinel's Grimoire (most generally useful)
    3 Boon (Hastega against Magic bosses)
    3 Lunatic High (Hastega against Physical bosses)
    4 Advance (Advantaliate)
    2/1 Hand of the Emperor/Planet Protector (farming/when I'm out of Advances)
    4 Bio Blaster (highest chance to inflict poison)
    4 Shadow Flare (same for blind)
    2/2 Angel Wing Quake/Death Blossom (same for slow)

I actually got through it without burning a mythril, but I was at the limit. It looks like I'm going to easily get 50 mythril before this event leaves, so I'm going to take another shot at Thyrus. If I get it I should be able to run it again no problem.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Well damn. Y'shtola can wear decent Light armor? That's pretty great for a white mage.

Shame about her Soul Break, though.

And poor Thancred, without Combat abilities.

Anyway, went and crushed Gyges for the special event quest. Thank you, Advance.

Enlong on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Ugh barely beat elite Kalavinka Striker from FFXIII. It shows up twice and my mages ran out of spells on its second appearance at roughly 5% hp. Had to defend and let my only ranged support auto attack it to death

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    why not just put a gun or bow on tyro and ret

I put over 2000 stamina in getting Garnet's Healer Materia, just because.

my plan is, once I am done with events and elites,

find the best elite for farming greater orbs for each realm (unless they have a fabul castle type level) and use that to try to get RM2s

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Tyro with a bow + boost takes too long to kill the trash, let alone the boss. Would have been nice if he could though but he's just too weak in this instance.

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Just got Fran's second record materia (before she hit level 51 even). With that, a faux 5-star bow, and her high speed, she's actually become an incredibly useful support character. Too bad about her soul break (having Wakka's status reels but no memory crystal makes me sad).

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just got the boomerang two days in a row from the free draw... It keeps coming back?

• Options
    OMG SOUL CANNON IS AWFUL ON ELITE

• Options
    Jesus Fuck.

Day 1: Get Masamune. Set it with Seph as the RW, because it's the best/only one I've got.

Day 2: Follower list explodes.

Day 3: "Your Record Warrior has been summoned 78 times. Here is a bonus reward of 15600 gil."

I mean... fuck. It's not even one of the really good ones, like SG, Boon, or Advance.

Still, I expect this will die soon. Looking at the list, it's all new to intermediate players summoning and friending. A lot of Tyro's with his default break.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    It may blow up again with Zack's event. I plan on switching back to Waterkick when that drops.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Yeah, you have a few choices for this one.

If you go Retaliate with Advance, remember that the launchers cannot kill you, so your only target is the Soul Cannon. You'll lose 2 medals in damage taken, but can still easily champion the fight if you can kill it before the AoE it uses. I found it had pretty high defense myself.

You can go with a Mage team and just nuke it down. going this route, you'll want Boon or Lunatic High for the Haste. I went this route and also had Cloud for retaliating the trash and Thundara Slash for the boss.

You can also use Carbunkle if you want, it'll reflect the Launcher attacks. they won't effect the Soul Cannon, but will hit for up to 9999 on the launchers. This is neat, but may cause a retaliate strategy to start hitting launchers and not the cannon.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I didn't even think about setting mine back to Seph for the Zack event. I think I've got Vivi now but I bet Hell's Gate would be better for Zack's event.

• Options

If you go Retaliate with Advance, remember that the launchers cannot kill you, so your only target is the Soul Cannon. You'll lose 2 medals in damage taken, but can still easily champion the fight if you can kill it before the AoE it uses. I found it had pretty high defense myself.

You can go with a Mage team and just nuke it down. going this route, you'll want Boon or Lunatic High for the Haste. I went this route and also had Cloud for retaliating the trash and Thundara Slash for the boss.

You can also use Carbunkle if you want, it'll reflect the Launcher attacks. they won't effect the Soul Cannon, but will hit for up to 9999 on the launchers. This is neat, but may cause a retaliate strategy to start hitting launchers and not the cannon.

oh I got it, it was just awful

advantaliate takes a few turns to set up since you have no trash to presetup anything and no slow or hastega means 7 turns until the cannon fires.

even with 7-8K thundagas and 95-9999 ret strikes after the setup, I needed to have a perfect start of near full action bars to do it.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

I went all Thunder on it. Didn't have an Angel Wing RW, so I went with one of the Hastega ones.

Yuna: Curaga R5/Ramuh R3
    Cloud: Thundara Strike R4/Mental Break R3
    Lightning: Thundara Strike R3/Thunder Strike R4
    Vivi: Quake R3 (for clearing trash), Thundaga R4
    Rinoa: Thundaja R2, Thundaga R3

Rekt. The missile launchers may get a few attacks off, but you get so many additional medals in the fight for clearing it without KOs and doing it before it fires off the beam, that losing one or two medals to damage is entirely negligible.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Apparently you can use Carbuncle to reflect the missiles to prevent medal loss.

• Options
    Is there anything that green... cat? can't do?

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    5* hunters rod and 5* judgement staff tend to always make it into the rotation, outside of that I have a bunch or random 3++ and 4* which I replace based on RS or element type (fire rod if using fire magic ect).

And honestly the Light Rod/Light Staff still get shit done. There is a 1 magic pt difference between a 4*Empyrean Rod and the Light Rod in terms of neutral synergy.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Apparently you can use Carbuncle to reflect the missiles to prevent medal loss.

That's how I beat it the first time on normal. For elite, I went with Ramuh over Carbuncle for the extra damage to the main cannon. I probably didn't need it, but I wanted to play it safe. 2 medals lost on 18 total for one stage is a Master win either way.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I really need a better RS weapon for I, III, IX, X and XII

• Options
    Jesus Fuck.

Day 1: Get Masamune. Set it with Seph as the RW, because it's the best/only one I've got.

Day 3: "Your Record Warrior has been summoned 78 times. Here is a bonus reward of 15600 gil."

I mean... fuck. It's not even one of the really good ones, like SG, Boon, or Advance.

Still, I expect this will die soon. Looking at the list, it's all new to intermediate players summoning and friending. A lot of Tyro's with his default break.

Murasame? The one with Bladestorm Rain? Why can't I get that many followers =[

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Jesus Fuck.

Murasame? The one with Bladestorm Rain? Why can't I get that many followers =[

No, the Masamune is Sephiroth's first SB weapon. It's from the second banner ever.

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Jesus Fuck.

I dunno about others, but I have a habit of always taking a Sephiroth RW if its available and I don't need something else particular. No particular reason other than I enjoy his animation/time ratio.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wish I'd gotten a Cloud SB weapon when they were available, because his default is not very good.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I wish I'd gotten a Cloud SB weapon when they were available, because his default is not very good.

The first Super Soul Break weapon ever is his, and it's coming next month.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My wife has been playing the Japanese version a bit and got a new Terra RW summon. She hops into Magitek Armor and his 10 times with missiles. It's hilarious and awesome.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    And then coming back in a celebration with a better banner if you miss it.

Also, I have stumbled upon a truism: if I'm at 4/5 on stamina shards and ready to chain two dungeons I will pick one that doesn't give a stamina shard 100% of the time.

• Options
    Just in case noone knows: the FFXIV bonus battle quests will be available in 3? days. Don't need to spend any stam now to complete them when you'd probably have to do battle again for the quests

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Figured a way to battle through elites. Plan is to do the elites of whatever event is current. Since FF7 is tomorrow, burned through 3 today after completing a few more Classics. Only 6 to go.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Hey, found a fix to iOS9 breaking FFRK. For whatever reason, creating a Game Center profile fixed the issue of combat being totally fucking broken.

• Options
    so I am now down to 1127 stamina worth of elites:

FFIV: 1
    FFVI: 3
    FFX: 5
    FFXIII: 5

unfortunately it looks like I only have 2 more free stamina refreshes left and some of those levels look annoying and/or difficult.

• Options
    After burning through a few dungeons I'm sitting at 4200 stamina worth of them left. It was 3000 higher last week, so it's progress. I used them gains on another 11 pull and I've now got a + Evoker's Horn and ++ Healer's Robe. I'm not going to complain, but I'd have preferred a Thyrus.

• Options
    After burning through a few dungeons I'm sitting at 4200 stamina worth of them left. It was 3000 higher last week, so it's progress. I used them gains on another 11 pull and I've now got a + Evoker's Horn and ++ Healer's Robe. I'm not going to complain, but I'd have preferred a Thyrus.

I love group heals. The esuna bonus is nice, but nothing beats a well-timed heal that brings the whole party back from the brink. Aerith's relic heal is still pretty nice, that SB will last you.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been getting really lucky with the XIV event pulls. Used a 1 pull, got Yoshimitsu, another one pull, Evoker's Horn. I may end up pouring some gems into it though, because Stoneskin is shit hot.

This discussion has been closed.