As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Saturday, starting at 9 AM and going until whenever, I'm going to be streaming myself playing Spec Ops: The Line completely blind via Steam since I'm supposed to be playing it anyway due to SE++ Game Club and I'm already behind. So I'm gonna do as much as possible on Saturday and, if I decide to continue, Sunday. I know nothing about the game other than that it's a mediocre shooter with a powerful story that caused the infamous Yahtzee Crosshaw to go into a depressed stupor when he reviewed it.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Finally caught up on the thread.

Been busy at work, playing a lot more Heroes of the Storm and being prodded to play more League of Legends. Payday 2's Road to Crimefest is going on and next week starts up Crimefest which ends the weekend I travel away to play away at a ren faire for the wekeend. Fallout IV is incoming. FNG looks to maybe come back a bit? Woo! Could Pulsar be the expanded Artemis experience? Sounds like bomb defusing is more fun than one would think when tucked safely into a game. This is a mess of random sentences.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Oh man. I remember Sewer Shark.

"YOUR NEW NAME IS DOGMEAT!"

Might be the only FMV game I have fond but vague memories of in all it's goofy glory.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I've got tracking info for my Steam Controller, should arrive next Tuesday.

Any requests for things to try out? If there's a lot I'll make a strawpoll and try out the top 5.

Late suggestion: Cities Skylines.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Any requests for things to try out? If there's a lot I'll make a strawpoll and try out the top 5.

Don't own it :)

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Sir Carcass What have you done?

My part.

From giftpile's heart, I stab at thee!

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Anything flight-simmish? Freespace 1/2, IL2, DCS (there's some free modules for this one.)

EDIT:
    Ultimate test: Descent 3.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Expendabro's could have done better with a quicker respawn time.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I think my favorite FMV game was the X-Files game. I barely remember it now but I rented it once on PlayStation and had a pretty good time with it.

• Options
    Jeix wrote: »
    I think my favorite FMV game was the X-Files game. I barely remember it now but I rented it once on PlayStation and had a pretty good time with it.

I never did play that one. That was one of those 4-CD jobs, wasn't it?

I think the most CDs I recall was Phantasmagoria, Roberta Williams' notorious horror adventure, which was 7 CDs.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I have that sitting on my book shelf. Wonder if it'll still work!

• Options

I never did play that one. That was one of those 4-CD jobs, wasn't it?

I think the most CDs I recall was Phantasmagoria, Roberta Williams' notorious horror adventure, which was 7 CDs.

Four on PlayStation, seven on pc. I do remember it being short for four discs.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Are there any games that come close the the combination of Open World, ARPG, and Third Person Action mechanics that Kingdoms of Amalur has? I'm mainly asking for my brother, who is looking for something new to get addicted to. :wink:

Tell him to get Dragon's Dogma in January. It'll make Amalur look tame.

He might also enjoy Tales of Zestiria this month, though I've heard the "open world" of that is a bit barren.

He played Dogma on the PS3, and said the lack of competent fast travel was the glaring flaw in an otherwise great game.

I'll tell him about Zestria.

Witcher 3. Hits all the checkboxes and has a story to blow your brains out to boot.

He's been waiting for a slightly better sale than 33% to get that one. If it even hit 50% (Steam Key, he has no patience for other formats like GoG), he'd grab it up. I'll tell him though, and watch him weep. Witcher 2 is one of his top games he recently got to play, and he's been chomping at the bit.
    I think we've already awarded Kalnaur the award for Crazy Controller Setups, but thanks for playing! :razz:

As for the Steam controller, I'm not sure anyone here has laid hands on one yet? They should start hitting next week.

Pixie, are you talking about this:

a9rjrtp0ddti.jpg

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/koeitecmoweekend/?utm_source=Social&amp;utm_medium=Link&amp;utm_campaign=Koei Tecmo Store Sale

Koei Tecmo sale at Humble Store. Not a particularly great sale but does have the first notable discounts for Toukiden and Bladestorm Nightmare.

Almost all those games have some issues with the PC ports so if you're picky, might want to look into things first.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Speaking of temco, I looked up footage of the latest deception game and.......wow. Far cry from the ps1 game.

Anything like the ps1 game on steam?

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Just a reminder that we're planning on playing Damned for tonight's FNG at 9:00 Eastern. If you have it, make sure it's installed, and it helps to have Teamspeak set up, too! (If Damned is still too buggy, L4D2 is our backup, so it might be good to have that installed, too.) <3

Also, thank you so much to @HiT BiT for Benji's Halloween costume! He is even cuter than Bunnicula! <3

Berylline on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Anything flight-simmish? Freespace 1/2, IL2, DCS (there's some free modules for this one.)

EDIT:

I think I have a few of those, but on GOG, not Steam.

Which, in retrospect, could be an interesting experiment unto itself.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

EDIT:

I think I have a few of those, but on GOG, not Steam.

Which, in retrospect, could be an interesting experiment unto itself.

I think it should still work as you could have it entered as a non-steam game but definitely worth trying out.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I'm liking the Halloween-themed avatars, especially the subtle ones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Woo yess! Yessssss! S+ on MedulIa! Finally! It only took...like 3+ hours?
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to=*,*|1024:640&background-color=black

Haha! Now to see how I stand...
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to=*,*|1024:640&background-color=black

Two million more points?! Did they just stay at stage 7 and grind off the spawns? Not sure if you can do that but holy hell there is no other way I can think of...

Also beaten barely by an S...eternal shame is mine. However the next Coral score isn't till 30 so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/koeitecmoweekend/?utm_source=Social&amp;utm_medium=Link&amp;utm_campaign=Koei Tecmo Store Sale

Koei Tecmo sale at Humble Store. Not a particularly great sale but does have the first notable discounts for Toukiden and Bladestorm Nightmare.

Almost all those games have some issues with the PC ports so if you're picky, might want to look into things first.

Wow, down to around the sort of prices they should have been in the first place, and all it took was 50% off!

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @ReverseCreations for Lego Batman 3!

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The bomb game reminds me of the one where every person playing is part of a starship doing different roles.

That would be Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator.

And yes, I said the very same thing.

I love asymmetric co-op multiplayer.

Artemis is 10/10 the best meatball hailing/alien insulting/space FedEx simulator on Steam, bar none.

You know, if we visit space station D4 they have some shield parts for us, Captain.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I might be in trouble now.

Booted up Space Engineers last night because it's been a lot of updates since I last played the game. That and I wanted to try my hand at building a very very large carrier ship to act as a mobile base of sorts.

Well, now here I am at work, thinking about the game, even doodling a rough layout and thinking about how to go about building it. It's like minecraft all over again, just in space this time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Whoops, forgot to specify the Spec Ops stream will be at 9 AM PST. So yeah, that's going to be maybe fun.

• Options

Booted up Space Engineers last night because it's been a lot of updates since I last played the game. That and I wanted to try my hand at building a very very large carrier ship to act as a mobile base of sorts.

Well, now here I am at work, thinking about the game, even doodling a rough layout and thinking about how to go about building it. It's like minecraft all over again, just in space this time.

I've actually been craving some space engineers lately too. Tried out the tutorials which were not in the game last time I played. They are pretty good, I would highly recommend them for any new players as it brings the initial learning curve down sharply from what it was.

The big reasons for wanting to play again for me are that now survival mode has an ai faction of pirates and you actually need to build defences and survive. Also planets are just around the corner, the patch video yesterday was previewing a multistage ticket for breaking atmo which sounds cool. I'm really excited to build a mountain lair or something.

I think the reason I stopped playing when I did was just waiting for new features, but now seems like a good time to play again.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular

they just did a co-optitude video recently of the xfiles game and its the funniest thing ive seen in awhile.

also @kalnaur, if that is indeed the crazy controller setup pixie is referring to, then i have to say my controller set up is way crazier

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

I've actually been craving some space engineers lately too. Tried out the tutorials which were not in the game last time I played. They are pretty good, I would highly recommend them for any new players as it brings the initial learning curve down sharply from what it was.

The big reasons for wanting to play again for me are that now survival mode has an ai faction of pirates and you actually need to build defences and survive. Also planets are just around the corner, the patch video yesterday was previewing a multistage ticket for breaking atmo which sounds cool. I'm really excited to build a mountain lair or something.

I think the reason I stopped playing when I did was just waiting for new features, but now seems like a good time to play again.

I might have to retry it. I booted up after I got it from a Humble Bundle, started the first tutorial and just couldn't help thinking "where are my dinos?" But I need a break from ARK until they figure out what it's doing, I'm not really digging the recent changes.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    space engineers is great, and right now for like the last month or two they have been doing a bunch of bug fixes getting ready for a big update that will add planets. i havent played super recently as im sort of waiting for them to finish all the bug fixes as one of the updates had made a number of the mods i was running unusable. but id love it if we got a number of people on here playing it and started a server

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    All this talk of Space Engineers is making me want to boot it up again too. I made a pretty sizable base inside an asteroid, then made both a Mining ship as well as a small fighter. Then I started to implement auto transfer of materials to different cargo boxes and couldn't get it to work. Got frustrated and quit. But now the opportunity to restart fresh with tutorials... Hmmm.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

I might have to retry it. I booted up after I got it from a Humble Bundle, started the first tutorial and just couldn't help thinking "where are my dinos?" But I need a break from ARK until they figure out what it's doing, I'm not really digging the recent changes.

I had some fun last night. Made a game using the infinite asteroid (high density) map and with only a small rescue ship to start. Before I quit for the night, I'd found sources of the metals I needed and (with scavenging some non-essential parts of the rescue ship) managed to build a tiny little mining ship.

Next step is to build a station and move all my equipment to it. Eventually, that station will serve as the base for the huge carrier ship I have in mind to build.

If it's true that there's now an ai faction of pirates that might come sniffing about, my plans will have to be modified to include placing some weapons as I build up. The game is beautiful. Though having to take a trip between asteroids by myself in just my space suit was tense. Though even worse was hoping I'd guessed right and was going home on the return trip. :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I love me some Space Engineers. I only stopped playing because in my game, after quite some effort in building a Star Fury in my survival game, it got destroyed :(

Too much materials to build another, kinda lost interest (same story as ever with survival sims for me.)

Kinda wanted to start again a couple of months ago, but I was not getting any good materials in the nearby asteroids. :/

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Did I read correctly that some folks were trying to bring back some Friday Night Gaming tonight? I should be home and might be able to find my headset if people were doing something online. Otherwise I'll do my normal Friday of hang in chat, play Binding of Isaac, drink beer.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

Two million more points?! Did they just stay at stage 7 and grind off the spawns? Not sure if you can do that but holy hell there is no other way I can think of...

Also beaten barely by an S...eternal shame is mine. However the next Coral score isn't till 30 so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Holy shit!

That's extremely impressive.

I can't imagine where those 2 million extra are coming from... the surge chaining thing shouldn't really affect it that much on bosses... maybe just moving impossibly quickly?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Did I read correctly that some folks were trying to bring back some Friday Night Gaming tonight? I should be home and might be able to find my headset if people were doing something online. Otherwise I'll do my normal Friday of hang in chat, play Binding of Isaac, drink beer.

Aye. @Berylline is the driving force tonight. I believe the main is Damned, with old perennial Left 4 Dead 2 as the backup plan and also probably next week's game. 9pm Eastern, voice comms over Teamspeak.

Jazz on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Is that leaderboard just from your friends list or did you honest to god get the fifth highest score in the world?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Aye. @Berylline is the driving force tonight. I believe the main is Damned, with old perennial Left 4 Dead 2 as the backup plan and also probably next week's game. 9pm Eastern, voice comms over Teamspeak.

We need a west-coast version of these forums. I love you all, but seriously, every game I play, Arcadians schedule everything for way too early for me to even think about joining in.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    PA people have been racking up very impressive Assault Android Cactus scores. In a field of like 100,000 or so most of our scores seem to be in the low hundreds at least.

Edit: Of course... now I must beat Medulla with an S+ and 5,000,000 points.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

We need a west-coast version of these forums. I love you all, but seriously, every game I play, Arcadians schedule everything for way too early for me to even think about joining in.

And then no Euros would be able to show up. Its rough enough with how late we start for east coast, its the closest we can do to a universal time. :p You're welcome to start another night with a better time though! We can always use more game nights.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular

Are we allowed to participate if we can't do TeamSpeak? I don't have a headset at home right now. :(

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.