Options

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia's Community is open for business on PS4! Check it out!

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Titan Pro Tip bears repeating:

Striker
    With juggernaut perk
    Equip sword
    Get kills.

Seriously it is great even without ammo. Got 9 kills in first Rift match trying it.

With ammo...

Totally overpowered. Unbelievable.
    I've not had good luck with it. Admittedly I don't know the maps well enough to know where all the short-sightline stalking paths are, but I struggle to remember a kill that I secured because of jugg.

If my shield doesn't shatter before I even get into range, I'm usually immediately shotgunned after the first hit.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I've come to terms with losing Y1 weapons (the Y2 arsenal is crazy fun so far), but I do wish they had given us a way to bring forward the Y1 Raid class items. I miss my Shattered Vault Cloak and Neon Disco Titan Buttflap.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Lore, full spoilers on grimoire.
    My interpretation now is that the black garden was a space created by the Vex who had been given the worship protocol by the Quria mind. Basically, one of the Vex minds became half Hive, since the Black Garden is one of the only times you are worship behavior in Vex, very similar to the way acolytes kneel.

This makes me wonder if the Vault of Glass was part of the Quria protocol, or part of one of the other Vex minds. It seems the Vex deliberately diversify into factions to try to have a version that will outlive the universe no matter what happens, unlike the Oryx led Hive who want to forcefully be the single strongest, ratherratherthan diversifying.

It also makes me wonder if we'll see another Vex version later, one unrelated to the black garden. Maybe even one not fundamentally opposed to us, which we could ally with? Or else it'll be another, later big bad that's different. [\spoiler]

Lore
    ...only reason I'm inclined to believe that there is a human-allied Vex faction, is because of the existence of the Mythoclast. Vex-made for human hands. Causal loops being what they are, this points to being the...

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    My interpretation now is that the black garden was a space created by the Vex who had been given the worship protocol by the Quria mind. Basically, one of the Vex minds became half Hive, since the Black Garden is one of the only times you are worship behavior in Vex, very similar to the way acolytes kneel.

This makes me wonder if the Vault of Glass was part of the Quria protocol, or part of one of the other Vex minds. It seems the Vex deliberately diversify into factions to try to have a version that will outlive the universe no matter what happens, unlike the Oryx led Hive who want to forcefully be the single strongest, ratherratherthan diversifying.

It also makes me wonder if we'll see another Vex version later, one unrelated to the black garden. Maybe even one not fundamentally opposed to us, which we could ally with? Or else it'll be another, later big bad that's different. [\spoiler]

Lore
    The only reason I'm inclined to believe that there is a human-allied Vex faction, is because of the existence of the Mythoclast. Vex-made for human hands.
    Yeah, that's a big give away. I've always felt like the Mythoclast could have something to do with Osiris, or potentially the Ishtar Collective scientists or both. Both of whom are supposedly traversing the Vex time gates.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Okay, any Xbone folks wanna put together a raid for today? I have all day today so time is flexible. My friend ded would also like in. So I need four more people. Reply to this post and tell me a good time for you. If we get a lot of responses we could even schedule two raids for today, either running concurrently or consecutively.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Hi Thread!

I know most of you guys won't care but this is a big deal for me. I had a baby last year a week before Destiny came out. I played Destiny solo for months in short bursts late at night, it got me through a rough time. Eventually I hit level 20, and then put the game down as I was confused and annoyed with what to do after that.

Patch 2.0, and then TTK, totally reinvigorated me on the game. I love it!

Last night after a few weeks of paying through Expansions 1 and 2, some crucible, and maybe 1/3rd of TTK I hit level 40 and I just wanted to share. My guy is not cool or anything, I still don't really know what I'm doing and I don't really have any good weapons but still, I got there!

rog8nwtqelte.png

It's pretty cool I think

What the hell are you doing using Seraph Reform IIs with a Nox Umber I? I can't. This is the worst.You are the worst!

I don't know what that means! All I did was equip the stuff with the highest light
    :(

I'm bad at destiny

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

That was my interpretation of the Garden as well.
    I haven't read all of the cards related to the Vault but it doesn't seem related to Quria and the Garden. The Vex in general want to eliminate everything in the universe that isn't Vex, so it's no wonder that they try to kill everybody regardless of which Vex faction/submind/whatever they belong to.

Everything in the Vault, though, seems to be focused on Atheon and time manipulation using Oracles. The Nexus, Undying, and Regenerative Minds don't really seem Hive/Worm/Darkness-focused either.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    So i'm gonna have this be my theme song everywhere I go... fucking love the epic music they did for this.

https://youtu.be/IPTHTFezIrE

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    I've come to terms with losing Y1 weapons (the Y2 arsenal is crazy fun so far), but I do wish they had given us a way to bring forward the Y1 Raid class items. I miss my Shattered Vault Cloak and Neon Disco Titan Buttflap.

I wish we could at least bring Crota's End weapons to the new raid. It'd be thematic if nothing else.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    There's a special PVP mode today: Zone Control. Like Control, but kills don't count for anything, you just have to hold zones for as a long as possible.

10 Marks to the victors.

EDIT: I feel like this is what Control should always be like. But FYI: folks do not understand how different this is from normal Control and will just go kill hunting for no reason.

So... King of the Hill and CTF have been added to Destiny in year 2, pretty much. Was wondering what that mode was (saw it in the app).

@Hardtarget: I'm just messing with you, you're fine! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

I wish we could at least bring Crota's End weapons to the new raid. It'd be thematic if nothing else.

Not to mention Nechrochasm had precisely one week of being not completely awful before irrelevance.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

I don't care what my Fireteam says, once I get to Oryx, I'm going to at the bare minimum shoot him in his stupid face at least once with a gun powered by his dead son.

Sure, we'll promptly wipe, but a point needs to be made.

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Okay, any Xbone folks wanna put together a raid for today? I have all day today so time is flexible. My friend ded would also like in. So I need four more people. Reply to this post and tell me a good time for you. If we get a lot of responses we could even schedule two raids for today, either running concurrently or consecutively.

I'd be down once I get off work at 4ish pst

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I don't care what my Fireteam says, once I get to Oryx, I'm going to at the bare minimum shoot him in his stupid face at least once with a gun powered by his dead son.

You'll be wiping plenty of times for other reasons, so I wouldn't sweat one more. =P

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Ok

One thing that confuses me

What is it about the Court of Oryx fight where you have to bring the two knights close together do people not get? It tells you what you need to do! On screen! Multiple times during the fight!

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure hitting Oryx in the face with his dead son is the Hive equivalent of a warm hug and kiss on the cheek. He'd be so grateful he'd give you your death as a welcome gift.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

Not to mention Nechrochasm had precisely one week of being not completely awful before irrelevance.

What? What is this thing you're talking about? Perhaps you mis-typed Eidolon Ally?

I tried to defeat him by punching him in the face. It seemed the thing to do, right? I was unsuccessful in defeating him.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok

One thing that confuses me

What is it about the Court of Oryx fight where you have to bring the two knights close together do people not get? It tells you what you need to do! On screen! Multiple times during the fight!

Honestly some people just don't understand literally anything.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Attention Lore Junkies!

Book of Sorrows:

PDF/EHUB formats: LINK to Google Docs
    Source (reddit)

Word format: LINK for Mobile Viewing / LINK for Desktop Viewing
    Source (reddit)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

I'm ready to raid pretty much all week. I know @shoeboxjeddy is ready, I have Btlycan ready also. I know Tanith is still working on it, but R3clipse has volunteered also. If we can get a sixth we should be good to go. Just say when, pretty much.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

@Local H Jay Jay I'm online tonight in an hour and 30 minutes. I've got all day Thursday my time. so 7am GMT to 5pm GMT. Id like to raid

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

A man of principle and priorities right here. My man.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »

What? What is this thing you're talking about? Perhaps you mis-typed Eidolon Ally?

I tried to defeat him by punching him in the face. It seemed the thing to do, right? I was unsuccessful in defeating him.

you were unsuccessful this time.

• Options
    CommunisCommunis Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm trying to put together a group for King's Fall tonight on PSN at 11EDT / 8PDT -- three slots open if anybody wants in!

Communis on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I have 3 raid ready characters + a friend of mine wants to raid and is at 295 light too, I just want to get back in there, I'd prefer an earlier starting time, like within the next four hours since I'm on european timezone, I can stay in the raid longer than that though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Communis wrote: »
    I'm trying to put together a group for King's Fall tonight on PSN at 11EDT / 8PDT -- three slots open if anybody wants in!

I'm interested. 292 Light currently.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    dporowski wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    Unless there is a damn good reason to have the exotic sword (like it doesn't use ammo), I can't imagine getting it. I don't use mine enough to justify not using Suros right now.

Sword forever. Sword is awesome.

Happily, the only exotic weapon I currently have is a Boolean, and I'm okay with swapping that for a different scout rifle. Ideally "full auto".

You might want to look into a raid weapon called Doom of Chelchis... Just saying. (Full Auto)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Full auto is a great perk for when you want to make your scout rifle way less fun to use.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I haven't played since Saturday and its killing me

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Okay so far we have evil monkey, Hiryu, David and Siri, with a possible Shoeboxjeddy/Tanith/etc as well. I will get on soon and start sending invites within an hour. I also have Thursday off, in case we have to finish another day.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Full auto is a great perk for when you want to make your scout rifle way less fun to use.

Disagree.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

The most fun I've had was the roll I got with both full auto and explosive rounds on a high-ROF scout. Just awesome. I like Boolean, but I'm getting finger cramps from having to pull the trigger over and over that fast to keep the bullets going.

Edit: Looks like Doom can roll full auto, yep. Mmm. One of the Armsday scouts can as well, so I'm going to be trying for that. I figure the Vanguard scout isn't too awful either.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

I'm ready to raid pretty much all week. I know @shoeboxjeddy is ready, I have Btlycan ready also. I know Tanith is still working on it, but R3clipse has volunteered also. If we can get a sixth we should be good to go. Just say when, pretty much.

Any weeknight works for me and weekends I'm ready to go when you guys are.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Full auto is a great perk for when you want to make your scout rifle way less fun to use usable.

I miss Visions of Confluence

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited September 2015

The most fun I've had was the roll I got with both full auto and explosive rounds on a high-ROF scout. Just awesome. I like Boolean, but I'm getting finger cramps from having to pull the trigger over and over that fast to keep the bullets going.

Edit: Looks like Doom can roll full auto, yep. Mmm. One of the Armsday scouts can as well, so I'm going to be trying for that. I figure the Vanguard scout isn't too awful either.

Full auto is a set perk, Raid guns dont have random modifiers, well except for their attack rating now.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I should have a second raid ready character by this weekend.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Full auto is a set perk, Raid guns dont have random modifiers, well except for their attack rating now.

Hm. Not according to destinydb, but I'll take your word on that one. (http://www.destinydb.com/items/2918358302-doom-of-chelchis#14.36czfl;15.6,0,0)

Looks like all the perks BUT that one are fixed though, so... Maybe halfway fixed?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I got a full-auto explosive rounds too, and I was really excited about that because fuck yeah GMG, but I actually was having way less fun after I unlocked full auto on it. I enjoy my Icarus/Firefly one way more.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Okay so far we have evil monkey, Hiryu, David and Siri, with a possible Shoeboxjeddy/Tanith/etc as well. I will get on soon and start sending invites within an hour. I also have Thursday off, in case we have to finish another day.

If you haven't played the new raid with Siri and he's running his warlock: let him clear out the mobs with his super. All the orbs .

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I saw Broman using the Doom and his didn't seem to be Full Auto, so I'm going to assume that final perk is in fact random.

This discussion has been closed.