Options

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia's Community is open for business on PS4! Check it out!

19394959698

Posts

  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy

  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Remington on
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Yeah I think Xur can sell any non-quest y2 weapon OR y2 armor engram. That's my understanding.

    So we could see TELESTOOOO or some other crappy non-Telesto weapon at some point.

    Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Finally hit light level 300 last night after finishing off the sisters and getting a 307 Darkhollow mantle. Thanks to @Unicron80, @Radiation, @squall99x, @IDDQD and @Cormac for the really fun raid runs. Also, props to Squall99x for the amazing Golgorath strategy, so smooth.

    After the sisters I immediately hit the tower to decrypt some exotic engrams I'd been keeping.

    Unfortunately, nothing came out at 310 but I did get a Zhalo Supercell. Great gun or greatest gun? I love this thing.

    Was a great time, again.

    My only complaint is you guys moved so fast I missed three (three!) fragments. Not happy about that. Guess I should have read ahead on where they were, but I expected a PA group to make sure everyone got their fragments. And yes, I was asking nicely and repeatedly over comms, but seemed to get lost in the "here's how to solve this puzzle" din.

    Small complaint, I'll get them next time, but something to consider for those of us that don't get to run multiple raids every week I know I only ran VoG and Crota one time in year one.

    Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Its what we did during our blind run and is what i've done for the past 4 runs. I think its the best strat, personally. Erevar references it here in his spoiler as #1:
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.

  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Can Xur ever sell an exotic weapon engram at year 2 status? I've heard mixed things.

    Supposedly according to Bungie he will sell either a Y2 Exotic Armor Engram OR Y2 weapon (actual weapon, not engram). We just haven't seen a weapon pop up yet.

    He sold Year 2 Hawkmoon last week.

    Yeah, that completely slipped my mind since it wasn't a "new" weapon. And I already had a Y2 Hawkmoon :P

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Its what we did during our blind run and is what i've done for the past 4 runs. I think its the best strat, personally. Erevar references it here in his spoiler as #1:
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.

    I think you're missing the part in my strat where neither team has to change locations at all.

  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Finally hit light level 300 last night after finishing off the sisters and getting a 307 Darkhollow mantle. Thanks to @Unicron80, @Radiation, @squall99x, @IDDQD and @Cormac for the really fun raid runs. Also, props to Squall99x for the amazing Golgorath strategy, so smooth.

    After the sisters I immediately hit the tower to decrypt some exotic engrams I'd been keeping.

    Unfortunately, nothing came out at 310 but I did get a Zhalo Supercell. Great gun or greatest gun? I love this thing.

    Was a great time, again.

    My only complaint is you guys moved so fast I missed three (three!) fragments. Not happy about that. Guess I should have read ahead on where they were, but I expected a PA group to make sure everyone got their fragments. And yes, I was asking nicely and repeatedly over comms, but seemed to get lost in the "here's how to solve this puzzle" din.

    Small complaint, I'll get them next time, but something to consider for those of us that don't get to run multiple raids every week I know I only ran VoG and Crota one time in year one.

    Sorry, bout that Hawk, I honestly thought everyone that was missing them got em. I heard a couple people directing others to the known locations, I even had to ask where the last one was since I hadn't gotten it yet. I think the only one we could get last night was the one on the dickwall puzzle? The rest were from the previous night, I think.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Its what we did during our blind run and is what i've done for the past 4 runs. I think its the best strat, personally. Erevar references it here in his spoiler as #1:
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.

    I think you're missing the part in my strat where neither team has to change locations at all.
    The gaze holders move based on the pool team. The pool team has to change locations based on which pool they are in. Its not like you are in one pool the whole time. Its the same strat.

  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    @ObiFett
    We should try this box strat tonight. Keeping Golg facing the same side of the arena means you can have a WoL bubble up and keep refreshing for at least two pools of damage, then shift over to the right side and repeat with getting gaze on the box.

    I've only ever done alternating sides for gaze, but keeping on the same side could definitely help maximize DPS time.

    edit: Huh. Apparently if you start a spoiler tag without closing, it just hides everything after the tag.

    Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Since it's coming up soon, and I never did it because I only got Destiny a couple weeks before TTK, can someone give me a rundown on the Irony Bonanza? Just a quick "here's the deal" would be fine.

    So you know the tunnel to go to the Vanguard? Well above that will open up and you can go through there to get to Lord Saladin. He will have daily and weekly bounties that you can only complete in the Iron Banner playlist.

    The Irate Banana playlist is a regular control playlist, but it can drop Irritating Bamboo weapons and armor. Additionally, each win gives you Irascible Bivalve rep; a loss gives you a token and no rep. You can hold up to 5 tokens at once, and when you win all your tokens are redeemed for slightly less rep than a win (each).

    As you gain rep with Iridescent Buffalo you unlock gear/items for purchase, up to a maximum rank of 5. Your Ironic Bantha rank resets every time the event comes around. During the event you get a buff called Tempering, which increases your rep gain, and increases in strength over the course of the week (from like 10% on Tuesday to 150% on Monday, the last day). Wearing Iriquois Bicuspid shaders, emblems, and class items increases your rep gain by 10% per thing (so up to 30% total in addition to tempering).

    Basically the goal is to play enough to get your Iridium Brontosaurus rep up high enough that you can purchase all the items you want, although it sounds like this year drops from the playlist will be where we get most of the loot. In general you can wait until Friday to start playing and have plenty of time to max your rep because the rep buff increases in strength over the course of the week.

    Thanks! Also, liked how you started with Iron Banner and then turned it into anything but.

    10 / 10 would Indigenous Barracuda again.

  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I really don't care what we do as long as it works. Its basically and almost literally the same strategy (with the most minor of differences) that I've always done so I'm cool with it.

  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Its what we did during our blind run and is what i've done for the past 4 runs. I think its the best strat, personally. Erevar references it here in his spoiler as #1:
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.

    I think you're missing the part in my strat where neither team has to change locations at all.
    The gaze holders move based on the pool team. The pool team has to change locations based on which pool they are in. Its not like you are in one pool the whole time. Its the same strat.
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    @ObiFett
    We should try this box strat tonight. Keeping Golg facing the same side of the arena means you can have a WoL bubble up and keep refreshing for at least two pools of damage, then shift over to the right side and repeat with getting gaze on the box.

    I've only ever done alternating sides for gaze, but keeping on the same side could definitely help maximize DPS time.

    edit: Huh. Apparently if you start a spoiler tag without closing, it just hides everything after the tag.
    That's basically what the version I used last night did, except instead of having one person try to chain hold the gaze you just use a second gazeholder to hold golg long enough for the team to break the next bubble.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Remington wrote: »
    .....edited for length.......
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

    THIS is the tidbit I was missing.
    so basically
    Left gaze holder shoots the big G man and the DPS team starts at L1 .
    Right gaze holder gets attention, DPS team shoots L2, left gaze holder regains gaze.
    Same for L3.

    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    .....edited for length.......
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

    THIS is the tidbit I was missing.
    so basically
    Left gaze holder shoots the big G man and the DPS team starts at L1 .
    Right gaze holder gets attention, DPS team shoots L2, left gaze holder regains gaze.
    Same for L3.
    No, he is saying that both gaze holders are on the same side and can grab his gaze from the front due to being on top of the boxes.

    So

    G1 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L1
    G2 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L2
    G1 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L3

    And the Gaze grabbers never have to move much due to always being on the same side as the Pool Team.

  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Man this Chaperone quest is ridiculous. Even getting huge streaks sometimes I get the % dropping when I die. Five kill streaks, still losing a percentage point on death. That just isn't right.

    I'm putting a game up on The100 for this later if anyone else wants to try the two-simultaneous queues for Rumble trick.

  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    .....edited for length.......
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

    THIS is the tidbit I was missing.
    so basically
    Left gaze holder shoots the big G man and the DPS team starts at L1 .
    Right gaze holder gets attention, DPS team shoots L2, left gaze holder regains gaze.
    Same for L3.

    That's the way I did it last night. I believe Remington is talking about using the height of a box so that everyone, gaze holders included stay on the same side. Same result, slightly different execution.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So I completed (0-100%) the dreaded "The Last Word" Crucible quest last night in about 2 hours. All rift matches. The last 10% went back and forth, but after a 1000-Yard Stare streak on the people trying to grab the spark I got the completion notice.

    So now I am having to kill Ultras with a shotgun. Should I roll with Conspiracy Theory or 4th Horseman?

    Do you even need to ask? Conspiracy takes a week to fire a 2nd shot, 4th Horseman has fired all shots before Conspiracy fires a 2nd shot.

  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    So, I have a 2-gaze strategy that is pretty incredible:

    There's a couple boxes on the left, entrance-side of the arena. From the top of that box, you can always hit Golg's back, no matter which way he's facing.

    People pop the bubble on the left, closest to the door. Guy grabs gaze and jumps off the right side of the box to position himself in line to give all those guys the best possible shot at his stomach.

    While thats happening, the second guy jumps up on top of the box, waits a few seconds, and grabs the gaze. The two gazers swap positions but the DPS'ers never have to move out of the pool.

    When that pool goes down, DPSers pop the next bubble to the left. Now when the snipers grab the gaze, they just jump off to the left to keep everyone's angle on Golg.

    Extremely fast, extremely easy.

    This is a pretty normal strategy
    Most strategies I read have your DPS guys switching pools constantly because your snipers are on alternate sides of the pit.

    Its what we did during our blind run and is what i've done for the past 4 runs. I think its the best strat, personally. Erevar references it here in his spoiler as #1:
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.

    I think you're missing the part in my strat where neither team has to change locations at all.
    The gaze holders move based on the pool team. The pool team has to change locations based on which pool they are in. Its not like you are in one pool the whole time. Its the same strat.
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

    The core is the same
    The pool team is dictating the location of the gaze holders. I mean its cool that the gaze holders can stay in the same relative location and i can see how it would help drop the orbs, but what I am saying is that its still basically the same strat.

  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It makes me sad that there's so little support for the "Six Sack Zig-Zag Golgo Ball Strat".

    Y'all just wait! Bungie will no doubt patch the encounter to enforce how it's "supposed" to be done.

  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Oh OK. interesting.

    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I engrumbled a 310 taikonaut this morning. Titan is my character, so I'm considering feeding the helmet to my warlock's gear. How actually useful is the taikonaut? It seems more silly and fun than useful.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm sure after hearing the ways people are doing it, Luke will change hard mode so that the order you shoot the light pools will be random every time. If you shoot the wrong one, it adds a rune on the totem and Golg enrages immediately.

    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    .....edited for length.......
    They completely run out one pool, then move like 5 feet to the left to completely run out that next pool. The point of my strat is that everyone remains on the left side of the pit the entire time, which isn't referenced in the examples you gave.

    THIS is the tidbit I was missing.
    so basically
    Left gaze holder shoots the big G man and the DPS team starts at L1 .
    Right gaze holder gets attention, DPS team shoots L2, left gaze holder regains gaze.
    Same for L3.
    No, he is saying that both gaze holders are on the same side and can grab his gaze from the front due to being on top of the boxes.

    So

    G1 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L1
    G2 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L2
    G1 grabs gaze, PT shoots from L3

    And the Gaze grabbers never have to move much due to always being on the same side as the Pool Team.
    Kind of. PT only moves when L1 runs out. G's only move to keep Golg facing the right direction.

  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So I completed (0-100%) the dreaded "The Last Word" Crucible quest last night in about 2 hours. All rift matches. The last 10% went back and forth, but after a 1000-Yard Stare streak on the people trying to grab the spark I got the completion notice.

    So now I am having to kill Ultras with a shotgun. Should I roll with Conspiracy Theory or 4th Horseman?

    My suggestion is to just crucible it again. Ultras count for 6 percent, PvP kills 3. But finding ultras that actually count for the bounty is tedious as all heck. Lots of ultras that I thought would count, did not. Ended up back in crucible.

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

    The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!

    Baske on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @Baske — Spoilers, dawg.

  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I love how you're quoting spoiler-ed stuff but won't spoiler yours....

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I'm sure after hearing the ways people are doing it, Luke will change hard mode so that the order you shoot the light pools will be random every time. If you shoot the wrong one, it adds a rune on the totem and Golg enrages immediately.

    Fortunately they have been quoted saying that they designed hard mode first and then made it easier rather repeat the Crota method of watching the common strategies and peeing in their cornflakes.

  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I'm sure after hearing the ways people are doing it, Luke will change hard mode so that the order you shoot the light pools will be random every time. If you shoot the wrong one, it adds a rune on the totem and Golg enrages immediately.
    I'm betting they will end up having it so you get a debuff that keeps you from having the gaze more once you have had it once per dps cycle so that everyone will have to take a turn with the gaze if you want to use all the bubbles.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

    The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!
    This just sounds like more work to me than using the gaze properly.
    Sure, you get lots of DPS, but it's a shorter window. Even just using box gaze, you can easily get 4 in the pool for DPS and get between 3 and 6 orbs down for damage time.

    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I love how you're quoting spoiler-ed stuff but won't spoiler yours....
    metaghost wrote: »
    @Baske — Spoilers, dawg.

    Sorry guys! Forgot about them when I replying to the post. Should be fixed now. Plz don't kill me!

  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I engrumbled a 310 taikonaut this morning. Titan is my character, so I'm considering feeding the helmet to my warlock's gear. How actually useful is the taikonaut? It seems more silly and fun than useful.

    Man, free tracking rockets plus more heavy ammo from rockets?! Sounds way better than silly to me!

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    How often are you really using rockets, though? Like 0.07% of your play time?

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was really excited when I first got Taikonaut.

    Then I realized that with the death of Gjalla, I pretty much ignore rockets entirely now in favor of HMG.

    Cool in concept, but just haven't found a need for it.

  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Canvassing interest in a partial raid run this evening (EU) - in maybe 2 hrs or thereabouts
    I have a Daughters checkpoint and I'd like to take down the big guy. Game?

    Went ahead and set up a the100 event for this if anyone is around

  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

    The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!
    This just sounds like more work to me than using the gaze properly.
    Sure, you get lots of DPS, but it's a shorter window. Even just using box gaze, you can easily get 4 in the pool for DPS and get between 3 and 6 orbs down for damage time.
    It's not about killing Golgoroth faster, its about easier execution. The less different roles people have to perform, the harder it is to mess up. With 1 gaze, you cut out:
    A gaze holder (eg the second person misses getting the gaze and then you have Golgoroth stomping on people in the pools)
    Exploding thralls (eg the exploding thrall killer forgets/misses some thralls)
    Figuring out the next orb to drop (not as big of a deal but sometimes ppl shoot the wrong orb)

  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Don't know if it's been discussed here but if you turn in your bounties while on a vanguard strike streak the bonus rep applies. Reddit is saying the max on the streak is 3. Going to try this when I get a chance.


    Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Baske wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

    RE: Golgoroth

    Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

    1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

    2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

    I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

    The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!
    This just sounds like more work to me than using the gaze properly.
    Sure, you get lots of DPS, but it's a shorter window. Even just using box gaze, you can easily get 4 in the pool for DPS and get between 3 and 6 orbs down for damage time.
    It's not about killing Golgoroth faster, its about easier execution. The less different roles people have to perform, the harder it is to mess up. With 1 gaze, you cut out:
    A gaze holder (eg the second person misses getting the gaze and then you have Golgoroth stomping on people in the pools)
    Exploding thralls (eg the exploding thrall killer forgets/misses some thralls)
    Figuring out the next orb to drop (not as big of a deal but sometimes ppl shoot the wrong orb)

    Fair.
    I can see maybe using that for a sherpa run to simplify the encounter, but for anyone familiar with the mechanics it seems wholly unnecessary. While the Golg mechanics can have issues I find it actually a lot easier to manage since there is no chaos with adds, it's just orbs, timer, poison balls. I've found add phases to be where mistakes tend to happen as there is a lot more firepower coming down range at you with the acolytes and adepts, plus constant Golg lasers (which honestly is simple, just put a rock between you and him).

    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
This discussion has been closed.