Options

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia's Community is open for business on PS4! Check it out!

1939495969799»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So I completed (0-100%) the dreaded "The Last Word" Crucible quest last night in about 2 hours. All rift matches. The last 10% went back and forth, but after a 1000-Yard Stare streak on the people trying to grab the spark I got the completion notice.

So now I am having to kill Ultras with a shotgun. Should I roll with Conspiracy Theory or 4th Horseman?

Do you even need to ask? Conspiracy takes a week to fire a 2nd shot, 4th Horseman has fired all shots before Conspiracy fires a 2nd shot.

Be aware that full auto completely changes how Conspiracy plays. I have one with it that I'm strongly considering getting as high as possible.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Nerf boxes.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

RE: Golgoroth

Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!
    This just sounds like more work to me than using the gaze properly.
    Sure, you get lots of DPS, but it's a shorter window. Even just using box gaze, you can easily get 4 in the pool for DPS and get between 3 and 6 orbs down for damage time.
    It's not about killing Golgoroth faster, its about easier execution. The less different roles people have to perform, the harder it is to mess up. With 1 gaze, you cut out:
    A gaze holder (eg the second person misses getting the gaze and then you have Golgoroth stomping on people in the pools)
    Exploding thralls (eg the exploding thrall killer forgets/misses some thralls)
    Figuring out the next orb to drop (not as big of a deal but sometimes ppl shoot the wrong orb)
    You did the gaze holder switch strat last night with us and it worked great!

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    For hard mode:
    I bet they up the orb regen time by a lot. Like if you don't use all six you're going to be standing around with Golgo's dick in your hand forever. Or even don't resplendent them until all 6 are gone.

I mean, that's what I would do.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Baske et al.

RE: Golgoroth

Use spoiler tags, but would someone please explain the "1-gaze" strat to me? Baski said last night that he prefers that for pugs, and I'm always interested in trying out alternate strats.
    Both of the strats that I've used involve 2 people swapping the gaze.

1. Gaze-holders run to where the pool/DPS team direct them - this involves more running for the 2 people on the distraction team, but less movement for the pool team.
    (This is the strat that ObiFett prefers.)

2. Gaze-holders direct the pool/DPS team where to set up - this involves more movement for the people on the ground with Golgy, but more time for the non-gaze distraction person to soften up the next pool-ball (since distraction team is spending less time moving)

I don't really have a preference since they can both be executed successfully. I think #2 is the "intended" method since Golgy's back will close up while the DPS team is in the 6th puddle, forcing everyone off the ground for another wave of adds.
    The one gaze is just no switching over. You have 5 people dpsing boss for the duration of the gaze. Exploder dudes I don't think spawn during that time before you jet out. Then get back into position and clear adds and repeat. You also I think only drop one bubble.
    Yep Radation explained it.
    Drop one of the front orbs. Gaze grabber gets aggro and spins boss to face the front. 5 ppl jump down and unload (weapons of light/tether are useful here). Once gaze is at 2-3 seconds left, everyone jumps back up. Kill all adds again and repeat.
    Usually takes 4-5 rotations depending on your team's DPS output.

The nice thing about the strat is that its super simple and requires a lot less coordination between gaze holders.
    Sorry for forgetting spoiler tags!
    This just sounds like more work to me than using the gaze properly.
    Sure, you get lots of DPS, but it's a shorter window. Even just using box gaze, you can easily get 4 in the pool for DPS and get between 3 and 6 orbs down for damage time.
    It's not about killing Golgoroth faster, its about easier execution. The less different roles people have to perform, the harder it is to mess up. With 1 gaze, you cut out:
    A gaze holder (eg the second person misses getting the gaze and then you have Golgoroth stomping on people in the pools)
    Exploding thralls (eg the exploding thrall killer forgets/misses some thralls)
    Figuring out the next orb to drop (not as big of a deal but sometimes ppl shoot the wrong orb)
    You did the gaze holder switch strat last night with us and it worked great!
    That's because everyone is pro =P. We almost messed up when no one killed thralls the first time though. I don't mind either strat honestly, I think one is faster but has more moving parts while one is simpler but slower (and probably won't work at all in hard mode)

Baske on
  • Options
    For hard mode:
    I bet they up the orb regen time by a lot. Like if you don't use all six you're going to be standing around with Golgo's dick in your hand forever. Or even don't resplendent them until all 6 are gone.

Yea, it's the one that already feels sorta like a hard mode fight to me.

Also, if any single fight can be blamed for the shotgun nerf I'd say it's this one.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Houn wrote: »
    I have a confession: I hate the fucking Samsara armor.

At Bungie HQ - How about we make Warlocks look like Druids just to fuck with them? I mean like bird feathers and the whole nine yards. (I like the helmet, however I dont like that almost everyone else has that same helmet or a slight variation.)

Hunters can look like real life Hunters with leaves and shit on their armor.

Titans? FUCKING GUNDAMS.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    I
    For hard mode:

I would guess one orb spawns at a time in a random spot.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    @metaghost sorry duders, was unavailable last night. You guys knock out Oryx?

We didn't ever try! We're hoping to get a "Kill Oryx" group together sometime tomorrow though.

Count me in.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Thanks for the discussion, guys! <3

Is it sad that I'm getting excited thinking about these possible hard-mode mechanics? Normal mode is still crazy-fun, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge of hard-mode. =D

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Can I get some thoughts on Nightstalker PVP? For me, it's the best of the bunch with the triple arrow, shadestep, and invisibility smoke grenades. The zone control is amazing with whatever perk that is, and I really don't miss any of the other supers. Not even my trusty golden gun.

The exotic helm that gives shadestep for free is almost a must for me personally, because the ability to mark targets is so so so useful for the team.

And for riftball.... holy hell people. You can grab the spark and just slide and roll your way to the rift before anybody knows wtf happened, and usually get a triple kill in the process since you're so hard to hit even if they're stacked up trying to defend it. I think my best game so far was 8500 points in that mode, and I ran every spark we held, solo, with zero troubles.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Edit: I run full armor and agility. Recovery for me is really kind of a wasted stat, because I can escape so well I don't need the regen in combat. If I get low on health and shields I can just nope away and take my sweet time getting it back.

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Paging @GMaster7 , page 99, paging GMaster

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    Can I get some thoughts on Nightstalker PVP? For me, it's the best of the bunch with the triple arrow, shadestep, and invisibility smoke grenades. The zone control is amazing with whatever perk that is, and I really don't miss any of the other supers. Not even my trusty golden gun.

The exotic helm that gives shadestep for free is almost a must for me personally, because the ability to mark targets is so so so useful for the team.

And for riftball.... holy hell people. You can grab the spark and just slide and roll your way to the rift before anybody knows wtf happened, and usually get a triple kill in the process since you're so hard to hit even if they're stacked up trying to defend it. I think my best game so far was 8500 points in that mode, and I ran every spark we held, solo, with zero troubles.

Edit: I run full armor and agility. Recovery for me is really kind of a wasted stat, because I can escape so well I don't need the regen in combat. If I get low on health and shields I can just nope away and take my sweet time getting it back.

Got to try that

once I get my 15 throwing knife kills :(

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Finally hit light level 300 last night after finishing off the sisters and getting a 307 Darkhollow mantle. Thanks to @Unicron80, @Radiation, @squall99x, @IDDQD and @Cormac for the really fun raid runs. Also, props to Squall99x for the amazing Golgorath strategy, so smooth.

After the sisters I immediately hit the tower to decrypt some exotic engrams I'd been keeping.

Unfortunately, nothing came out at 310 but I did get a Zhalo Supercell. Great gun or greatest gun? I love this thing.

Was a great time, again.

My only complaint is you guys moved so fast I missed three (three!) fragments. Not happy about that. Guess I should have read ahead on where they were, but I expected a PA group to make sure everyone got their fragments. And yes, I was asking nicely and repeatedly over comms, but seemed to get lost in the "here's how to solve this puzzle" din.

Small complaint, I'll get them next time, but something to consider for those of us that don't get to run multiple raids every week I know I only ran VoG and Crota one time in year one.

Sorry, bout that Hawk, I honestly thought everyone that was missing them got em. I heard a couple people directing others to the known locations, I even had to ask where the last one was since I hadn't gotten it yet. I think the only one we could get last night was the one on the dickwall puzzle? The rest were from the previous night, I think.

No worries. I was lagging from the group after our first fight.

We could get three fragments last night, I got the first one. One before, and two after our first fight.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Bubs wrote: »

Got to try that

once I get my 15 throwing knife kills :(

Woof. I'm not going to attempt that until I'm completely out of quests.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I have 11 of 15 with throwing knife kills, its one of those things I try every once in a while, but seemingly only get one out of complete luck.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Telestro is good shit. Just don't use it like a normal fusion rifle.

You're trading instant damage for the ability to do damage at a much longer range. It has zero recoil and nice hip fire. You can get hip kills at crazy ranges.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the possible final perks on raid weapons are?

I need a Silence of A'arn with Full Auto, Found Verdict will live again.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I thought the armor stat didn't apply in crucible, so I always just stacked recovery and agility.

Am I mistaken?

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    GardhausGardhaus Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to run anything this afternoon I'm down. I need to do the Nightfall and the daily heroic mission. Also, I'm currently leveling my Warlock, he's at level 10. Hit me up @Gardhaus

PSN: Gardhaus Steam: Gardhaus88 aka SsgtFuzzyNipples BattleNet: Gardhaus#1659
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought the armor stat didn't apply in crucible, so I always just stacked recovery and agility.

Am I mistaken?

No it definitely applies, that's why The Ram was so good.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was really excited when I first got Taikonaut.

Then I realized that with the death of Gjalla, I pretty much ignore rockets entirely now in favor of HMG.

Cool in concept, but just haven't found a need for it.

You still get radar while using hmgs which is pretty rad.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    mosssnack wrote: »

Am I mistaken?

No it definitely applies, that's why The Ram was so good.

Yea, Defense doesn't matter but Armor definitely does.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Well now I feel a bit silly. Went looking for a bit more data and I guess the difference between low and high armor stat in the crucible is 20hp.

For some reason I thought it was just a flat 200 regardless of that stat.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    EDIT: moved to the new thread.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    EDIT: also moved to the new thread.

awsimo on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I'm only up to about half way through the raid. I want to finish it blind with my three man crew but I'm constantly jelly of all the PA fun you guys get up to

Maybe I should just murder them and raid with you guys? My wife might see... So I suppose she'll have to go too...

Then the kids. Nah probably not worth it.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I've read a few reviews and watched a couple of videos lately and am interested in Destiny - mainly because the people who like it seem to love it. At the same time, I've tired relatively quickly of any and every MMO game and multiplayer shooter that I've played, added to which I've read comparisons with Borderlands, which I bounced off quite hard.

With The Fallen King out, can you guys make a recommendation whether it's worth checking out Destiny at this point for someone who hasn't yet fallen hard for online shootery? Also, is it the kind of game that I can easily play half an hour here, half an hour there, and I won't constantly be limited by not spending extended stretches on it? Finally, is it the kind of MP game where a headset is recommended for coop?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    As someone who burned out on MMOs long ago, didn't really get into borderlands, and has a family (limited bouts of time), Destiny is pretty great.

You can absolutely make good progress with a half hour here and there. Certainly, there are some things that need to be accomplished with more time than that, such as the raids.

Headset is recommended for sure. You'll probably spend a lot of time solo at first, so not the hugest of priorities.

There's a demo available, right? You should check it out. I got a feeling Destiny will click for ya.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The thing that surprised me most about the demo was how much my stuff from it actually helped once I got the full game. I mean, I didn't have any use for my gear from it or anything, but having a few hundred weapon parts and Vanguard rank three right out of the gate was rather handy.

cB557 on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    A demo, huh? That's actually ideal. I'm so used to 99.9% of all games not having demos any more, I never bothered to check.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    A demo, huh? That's actually ideal. I'm so used to 99.9% of all games not having demos any more, I never bothered to check.
    Yeah, I only found out about it last winter when someone mentioned it in D&D [chat].

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    @Hiryu02
    @Evil Monkey
    @Haximus
    @Iron Weasel

Okay, looks like I'm good for Monday night to finish off Oryx and snub his ghoulies.

If ya'll and Lycan is willing, then lets do it.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So just picked up the taken king on PS4 over the weekend and never got to play the original. Going through the story at the moment with a lvl18 vanguard. Any advice on what to do, collect, raid etc?

I didn't want to use the Skip to lvl25 trinket which a lot of my colleagues told me to do, oh and the game has been a blast so far!

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

I need to kill some rank 2 and 3 jerkwads in the court for Calcified whatsits; anyone down for some of that on the Xbox One before raid this week so I can maybe finish up my OP scout rifle? I need 8 more fragments; one I can knock out tonight via the Scent is the key chest. I'll have a charged Agonarch rune in a day or so for that one leaving me with 6 more to go. I have an antiquated rune so that's one, and a quest for a stolen rune...but will need to charge it, and then buy a few more if I don't see any as a drop while doing all this.

I might luck out and the Darkblade or Brothers are the nightfall this week and hopefully both are fragment droppers. (Darkblade is for sure, people figure the brothers are as well.)

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    @Evil Monkey what's your psn? getting ready for west coast raid

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
This discussion has been closed.