As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right v2 - take this bread and eat it, for OMG WE JUST BROKE THE LHC

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I noticed that. However the East is united with the Frankenstein Line. Animal Farm and Macbeth supporting to prevent Florida from reaching Louisiana.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    This is the infographic map thread, right?

zr2m70iduat3.jpg

Brought you from here https://www.learnalytics.com/wkar/

Link goes to a website that will let you check each state's top 3 books read by grade level. I believe this is for the 2014-2015 school year.

While I may be embarrassed about the Wisconsin book, at least it's not Alaska

Ok, tried to find it on the site couldn't, going nuts, why is there a * for Beast Feast!

What's the notification, annendum, etc! I can't not know the *!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

zr2m70iduat3.jpg

Link goes to a website that will let you check each state's top 3 books read by grade level. I believe this is for the 2014-2015 school year.

I find it funny that TFIOS is prevented from getting Blockbusters by Animal Farm in both directions.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    If you focus on the middle of the photo, you can mostly see the animal.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

I got really excited because Surrey is the largest county in the UK and is where I'm from.

Then I saw the number plates.

No cows for me :(

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

zr2m70iduat3.jpg

Ok, tried to find it on the site couldn't, going nuts, why is there a * for Beast Feast!

If I were to guess, it's because that's the most popular book for sophmore, rather than senior New Hampshire kids.

If you try to see the top 3 books for NH 12 graders on the website, you get nothing, same for 11th grade, 10th grade is the highest one it shows data for, and Beast Feast is the #1 book for that grade level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Oregon is the only state without an incredibly depressing literary mascot.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Proof that suffering is art.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Proof that suffering is art.

No. Proof that art suffers.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    11th grade in Maryland is a Ben Carson autobiography?

The hell?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    He was the director of a hospital in Maryland up until 2013.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Wow. That sure is a thing.

One more sign of just how spoiled we are as a country. Dangling a $700 phone from your finger tips just for a laugh. Then again I imagine it is mostly teenagers so....

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I thought cell phone pinching was when you played Bejeweled while pooping.

Kids these days, /sigh.

• Options
  • Options

You know, Dick measuring tapes, could possible solve a lot of the problems in the senate atm....

• Options
    Also, this is what the German police are wearing these days:

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    my the Schwartz be with them.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

zr2m70iduat3.jpg

Jesus. Alabama is almost totally surrounded by that freaking tween novel.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Also, never be fooled by Night.

Students only like it because it's very short.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

I got really excited because Surrey is the largest county in the UK and is where I'm from.

...you mean 35th out of 48 in terms of area? Definitely 1st in self importance mind.

(<-also from Surrey)

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Did somebody mention Surrey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSflRlHPay4

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Dis' wrote: »

...you mean 35th out of 48 in terms of area? Definitely 1st in self importance mind.

(<-also from Surrey)

Huh. I always thought in terms of population we were the biggest aside from London

• Options
    Also the phone pinching videos were pretty funny and clearly meant to be ironic, the guy screaming "What a rush! What a rush!" was a bit of a giveaway.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

(<-also from Surrey)

Huh. I always thought in terms of population we were the biggest aside from London

12th, even disregarding the major urban centres like greater Manchester or the west midlands, neighbouring Kent and Hampshire are a third again bigger.

You're certainly not alone in overestimating surrey's relative size given the conversations I'm had there :).

• Options

(<-also from Surrey)

12th, even disregarding the major urban centres like greater Manchester or the west midlands, neighbouring Kent and Hampshire are a third again bigger.

You're certainly not alone in overestimating surrey's relative size given the conversations I'm had there :).

Ha! Well I don't live there anymore, but my parents do. Can't say I've met anyone "proud" of being from Surrey :p

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Man I haven't heard this in a while, thanks for the reminder. :D

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Did somebody mention Surrey?
    How have I never been exposed to this until now?! Splendid, dear chap!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/dog-returned-to-shelter-for-being-too-affectionate-finds-forever-home/vi-AAfPrkN

I think the actual URL tells the whole story, really. The dog is beautiful, too!

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/dog-returned-to-shelter-for-being-too-affectionate-finds-forever-home/vi-AAfPrkN

I think the actual URL tells the whole story, really. The dog is beautiful, too!

additional information:
    Dog had anxiety issues, the person returning it did not have the skills/patience to work throuh them, returning the dog was the right thing to do (some people would have just put it down or abandoned it).
    Dog is now receiving therapy, other people who wanted to adopt the dog but could not ended up adopting other dogs instead form the shelter.

There's no real bad news here imo, but it definitely did go right.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Also the phone pinching videos were pretty funny and clearly meant to be ironic, the guy screaming "What a rush! What a rush!" was a bit of a giveaway.
    There's no difference between actually destroying your phone and ironically destroying your phone. That said, most of the pinching seems to be done with an old phone or someone else's phone.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Honestly, the only thing that stands out on that map is a Raisin in the Sun, and the fact that fucking west virginia reads it.

Open for Buisness, indeed.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    , returning the dog was the right thing to do (some people would have just put it down or abandoned it).

As someone who worked in Animal rescue over a decade, yes, thank god he brought it back, I'm kinda mad at all the hate that he's getting over returning it, because holy shit ya there were TONS of worst things he could have done instead that I have seen firsthand that make me physically ill to remember.

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    , returning the dog was the right thing to do (some people would have just put it down or abandoned it).

As someone who worked in Animal rescue over a decade, yes, thank god he brought it back, I'm kinda mad at all the hate that he's getting over returning it, because holy shit ya there were TONS of worst things he could have done instead that I have seen firsthand that make me physically ill to remember.

Agree, This person isn't a bad person. They recognized they didn't have the skills, and instead of beating the dog, abandoning it on the street, tying it up on a leash in the back yard or any of the hundred and one nightmare inducing things humans are capable of doing, they returned it to the shelter where someone else with the know how and patience can work with it.

This person is like, the best type of person for situations like this.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Michigan's Butt named Tight End of the Year
    Butt was the All-Big Ten tight end, according to the coaches and the media, and was joined on the coaches’ first team with Jehu Chesson at wide receiver.

. . .

With a year of eligibility remaining and now in Harbaugh’s tight end-friendly offense, Butt could hold most of the program records when it's all said and done, as he’s also in the Top 5 in career catches and yardage.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

It has been insisted that this is a 'shop by the way.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    7n2dvluxtaib.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Michigan's Butt named Tight End of the Year
    Butt was the All-Big Ten tight end, according to the coaches and the media, and was joined on the coaches’ first team with Jehu Chesson at wide receiver.

. . .

With a year of eligibility remaining and now in Harbaugh’s tight end-friendly offense, Butt could hold most of the program records when it's all said and done, as he’s also in the Top 5 in career catches and yardage.
    Thanks the gods there are other people in this world who are still as juvenile as me.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
This discussion has been closed.