As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right v2 - take this bread and eat it, for OMG WE JUST BROKE THE LHC

Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat PersonBostonRegistered User regular
5cpnmgaob3j6.jpgtortoise-burger-_2631647b.jpg

Somehow, this thread is still alive. I have no idea how it happened, but it did. So now we venture on to version 2.0, where we will continue to post, read, and debate stupid shit that goes on all over the world.

What is "Bad News Gone Right?" Well that's still up for debate, but the majority of the posts in this thread deal with weird news (usually messed up or bad things) that have a hilarious twist or reported in a way that just makes you have a good laugh. Florida Man is usually a prime candidate for such posts, but below are some other examples:

Anywho, you get the drift, now post away!!!

If you are looking for the old thread for any old posts, you can easily find it here

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
Le_Goat on

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Why did I look at the end of the old thread before I clicked on the new thread?

day = ruined

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    My thoughts on the David Cameron thing: his frat (or w/e) was auditioning for a part in Freddie Got Fingered.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

day = ruined

How can you say that? This is a gripping story of pet badassitude (warning, sad + puppies = http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5950304#.VgFgj99Vikr)

First they came for puppy's brothers and sisters. And when it was her time, puppy was asked "Are you enough of a badass to avenge them?"

And puppy answered "Yes".

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

day = ruined

How can you say that? This is a gripping story of pet badassitude (warning, sad + puppies = http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5950304#.VgFgj99Vikr)

First they came for puppy's brothers and sisters. And when it was her time, puppy was asked "Are you enough of a badass to avenge them?"

My dog is a shepherd mix

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    'Ginger extremist' found guilty of plot to kill Prince Charles
    A far-right "ginger extremist" who fantasised about assassinating Britain's Prince Charles so his red-haired son Harry might become king one day was found guilty of plotting a terror attack.

Mark Colborne, 37, who felt marginalised due to his ginger hair, compared himself to the Norwegian extremist Anders Behring Breivik and wrote in his notebook of his plans to kill Charles, the heir to the throne.

Colborne said he wanted to "put a bullet in Charles' head".

"I would sacrifice my life for that one shot. Kill Charles and William and Harry become king. Kill the tyrants," he wrote.

"I want them to see my transition from poor red-haired victimised minority that is constantly walked over to a fully transformed military terrorist," he wrote.

Colborne, who has been dubbed the "ginger extremist" by British tabloids, compared himself to Breivik, who in 2011 killed 77 people in a murderous spree directed at perceived proponents of multiculturalism.

He got information from the Internet about producing viable explosives and had books containing recipes for producing lethal poisons like cyanide.

Colborne was arrested on June 3 last year after his half-brother discovered papers detailing his racial hatred and chemicals at the family home in Southampton, on the southern English coast.

Judge John Bevan said it was a "very strange" case involving a "very strange person".

In his defence, Colborne dismissed his diary entries as "angry rants" made when he was off medication for depression.

As the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles is the heir to the throne. Second in line is his eldest son Prince William, followed by William's two children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

Harry, William's ginger-haired younger brother, is fifth in line.

- AFP

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I don't understand the ginger hate thing at all.

Come to America, where red hair is considered sexy by most everyone.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God do I hate the term ginger and how it is used as a derogatory term at times.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Red Haired women are, at least.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    South Park becomes reality?

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Eh? That Florida man story about the puppies was from 2004.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2105

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Red haired guys do just fine.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

day = ruined

My dog is a shepherd mix

/nod

Hug your puppy.

And then know that, if push comes to shove, he can wield a gun in your defense.

Also, according to MGS5, a knife.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Sharks aren't the threat against human life - selfies are.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Also, after two days of being branded the worst person in the world, the scumbag profiteering goose reverses course, says he will cut the price of the drug he jacked sky-high.

You know, I always wondered what the moment a fratbro goose realizes how horrible a person he is looked like.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hoo-fucking-rah!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Bitter divorce gets physical, so man wears camera to prove ex wife is assaulting him (and that he's not assaulting her).

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/09/20/soldier-uses-gopro-to-prove-wifes-domestic-abuse/72545676/

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday because-you-can't-stop-me-from-singing-this-song-now-you-greedy motherfuckers
    Happy Birthday to you! :whistle:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah! Yeah!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    LA Times wrote:
    The plaintiff's attorneys have said that they will move next to qualify the lawsuit as a class-action, in an effort to recoup millions of dollars in royalties that Warner/Chappell has collected on the tune over the years.

According to the article, Warner Music has gotten up to $2 million per year.

It's not Volkswagen possibly about to get fined back to the Stone Age for attempting to deceive the EPA, but it's nice to see these greedy bastards possibly being bled.

EDIT: @Gvzbgul, how did you react before Geth?!

Shadowen on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

I sense a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of servers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

• Options
    No robot's gonna take my job!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

I sense a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of servers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Servers at franchise restaurants may no longer have to learn whatever weird variation their corporate chain overlords made up to get around the copyright.

Waiters at nicer, independent restaurants tend not to be subjected to anything more than bringing out the special birthday ice cream or cake around here so they're not really affected.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Are you kidding? This means they can sing Happy Birthday now instead of whatever lame ripoff they've been doing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Or, you know, just an idea here, we could stop inflicting this public embarrassment on our friends and loved ones.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Or, you know, just an idea here, we could stop inflicting double posting on our friends and loved ones.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Or, you know, just an idea here, we could stop inflicting this public embarrassment on our friends and loved ones.

...and then there would be no reason to go to Applebee's.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Why the hell would you do that? Half the fun is embarrassing the fuck out of them like that.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Take them to nicer restaurants. As mentioned, the non-franchise, independent places usually don't do the singing in my experience.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    You are making me feel like I'm a terrible person for the schadenfreude.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2015
    Man "Happy Birthday" is like a hundred times more terrible a song than most of the ripoffs

Chevy's (and other places, I am sure, just went "Happy happy birthday, from the Chevy's crew, we're happy it's your birthday, cuz we can party too. HAY."

Shorter, faster, more energetic, and everyone goes YAY at the end.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Complete with silly hat that the birthday boy/girl must wear?

Seriously, do you people not enjoy having your friends/family being embarrassed like that? It's a continuous war that rages on for decades back and forth. I refuse to wave or accept any white flags with this!!!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

*crosses Le_Goat off birthday invitation list*

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It's fun in those Mexican/Cuban restaurants when they sing the birthday sing in Spanish and break out the guitars.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Today, I received these two emails from my university, slightly edited to remove identifying information because I dunno, there probably isn't any reason to bother but eh why not.

First email:
    To our campus community:

Tuesday evening a student found what are believed to be three nooses
    hanging from a tree in front of <building> on <location>. <university>
    Police responded to the scene immediately and are now
    investigating this incident as a hate crime. Police officers have
    removed the nooses.

I ask for the cooperation of all members of our community in this
    serious matter. If you saw anything suspicious on <location> between
    dusk and 10 p.m., on Sept. 22, I urge you to share that information
    immediately with <university> Police by calling <number>.

Such cowardly and reprehensible acts are clearly designed to intimidate
    and frighten, and they are unacceptable on our campus. I assure you we
    will work diligently to get to the bottom of this situation, identify
    the person or persons responsible and hold them accountable for their
    actions.

These hateful acts stand in stark contrast to the peaceful protest and
    discussion held near the same spot just one day earlier.

As we work through the investigation, I encourage you and other members
    of our community to stay strong and to remember that the true campus we
    envision for ourselves is attainable if we work together.

We are now planning a campuswide gathering for Wednesday, and I will
    share details as soon as they are available.

Second email:
    To the members of the <university> community:

Earlier this morning I sent you an email about a student finding what
    was believed to be three nooses hanging from a tree in front of
    <building> on <location>.

Thanks to tips from students who responded to our earlier call for
    information and the investigative work of <university>
    Police, the determination was made that the three noose-like items
    found outside <building> were not instruments of a hate crime, but
    the remnants of paper lanterns from an event previously held on <location>.

<university police chief> said, "We received several reports from
    students who said they had seen the materials hanging in the tree. I am
    confident that we have determined the origin of these items."

At the same time, the sensitivity of our campus to this potential issue
    clearly indicates a need for continuing dialog within our community. I
    continue to encourage everyone to join me at the gathering scheduled at
    4:30 p.m. this afternoon on <location>.

The safety and inclusiveness of our campus are our top priorities, and
    we will always act quickly and decisively to respond to concerns of our
    community.

I'm desperately hoping that the two events mentioned turn out to have been the same one. Stark contrast indeed.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My parents do it to each other so I've never been able to inflict it upon one of them.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Man "Happy Birthday" is like a hundred times more terrible a song than most of the ripoffs

Chevy's (and other places, I am sure, just went "Happy happy birthday, from the Chevy's crew, we're happy it's your birthday, cuz we can party too. HAY."

Shorter, faster, more energetic, and everyone goes YAY at the end.

Have you ever had to sing the rip offs? Especially while busy trying to wrangle 3 or 4 others who are busy? It is awful.

But the vast, vast majority of servers do not work at one of those chains that has their own versions, and cold just plead out of it due to copyright issues.

Now they have to sing every damn time.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    My parents do it to each other so I've never been able to inflict it upon one of them.

holy out of context, batman

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »

*crosses Le_Goat off birthday invitation list*
    Hey, I do make up for it with awesome gifts and free drinks/food all night.

This discussion has been closed.