As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, YOU La Mog! [Magic: the Gathering] Thread to praise Taramoor because

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Sometimes I think Pauper might be the most degenerate format.

when we started doing pauper locally our playerbase didn't understand how broken it was until we showed them some decks

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    At least it's still really cheap though.

I'll build Mono-B without Oubliette's, sure.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    burn is probably the most expensive pauper deck because most of it are actual eternal format cards

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    pauper league might get me back into mtgo

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Sometimes I think Pauper might be the most degenerate format.

when we started doing pauper locally our playerbase didn't understand how broken it was until we showed them some decks

delver is almost legacy delver with a worse manabase and no snaps

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    pauper tron is a lot of fun
    I love pauper Tron. I have about 6-7 variations on the deck (including 4 mono colored), I'm just not sure it's better as a competitive deck than mono-B.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    pauper tron is a lot of fun
    I love pauper Tron. I have about 6-7 variations on the deck (including 4 mono colored), I'm just not sure it's better as a competitive deck than mono-B.

it loses very hard to delver variations and mono-b

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    I'm experimenting with a watered-down version the pauper Jeskai artifacts (too poor to afford hydro/pyroblast for the sideboard) and this list seems pretty great, although I'm bad at piloting it and it probably loses to some deck I don't know about yet.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    We're debating putting together rotating 8-week "Build your own Standard" drafts at the local store. You'd basically rotisserie draft two blocks and a core set to each player, build a standard deck (probably all proxied because fuck it) and then round robin eachother. I've always liked the idea of Build your own Standard as a format, but I've never actually done it. I think if you went Onslaught/Time Spiral/M11 you could put together a fantastic UB control deck.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    apparently my saved pauper deck lost 10 sideboard cards... or i let a trade bot take them. that's no bueno

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    We're debating putting together rotating 8-week "Build your own Standard" drafts at the local store. You'd basically rotisserie draft two blocks and a core set to each player, build a standard deck (probably all proxied because fuck it) and then round robin eachother. I've always liked the idea of Build your own Standard as a format, but I've never actually done it. I think if you went Onslaught/Time Spiral/M11 you could put together a fantastic UB control deck.

Sounds like fun. You could get some very dangerous block combos though. Urza block + Mirrodin comes to mind.

• Options
    artifact blocks are broken, yes.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

Sounds like fun. You could get some very dangerous block combos though. Urza block + Mirrodin comes to mind.

the 2 blocks that almost destroyed the game

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what was so bad about those blocks? Curious about the history.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/135

incidentally i'm reading an article about broken-ass cards

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

It's going to use a banlist that includes any card that was ever banned in Standard.

So no Skullclamp, JTMS, Mind Over Matter, Earthcraft etc.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Could make hilarious 5 color blocks too, with like Alara Reborn, Khans, and another multi enabling set

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

So, so many things. The Magic Show is actually doing a set of forgotten lore videos on urza's block, and two of them expound on the impact of the the first two sets to constructed formats of the day. Which is to say it completely snapped them in half like a twig.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Damn, where are my pick 1 into pick 2's that are anywhere NEAR this!

( deck ends up pretty insane too)

https://youtu.be/KfQZVgws_eg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    What kind of cruel god lets me draft Cho-Manno and Pariah in this legendary cube and then not give them to me together once?

• Options
    @Whippy - As a fan of monoblack control, if you could build your own standard for MBC, what would be your top 3 "blocks" and top 2 core sets? I was looking at Time Spiral / Odyssey / Lorwyn and then M11 and M14 for core sets, wanted to get your opinion.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    My god, if this new restaurant keeps going like this, I'll be able to buy into Modern - in paper - by Christmas.

• Options
    Or buy into Commander instead because you are an enemy of fun!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So we finally had a chance to play commander as a full group. It was fun but I learned to harness the fires of vengeance after our prosh player exiled my whole graveyard while I was welding artifacts... Some injustices will not stand!

We've now opened the floodgates to fully customize our decks though so we'll see who's first to come up with some degenerate infinite combo

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Leveler+laboratory maniac

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    My goal is to build a Commander deck that uses Maze's End as its primary win condition.

• Options
    I actually saw a list on dailymtg that did that recently!

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I remember a lands EDH list that had Maze's End as their 3rd wincon, after Dark Depths and Valakut.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    huff puff mazes end did someone say mazes end

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    huff puff mazes end did someone say mazes end

I played Maze's End during RTR/INN Standard. That was good stuff.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I played mazes end up until the last god damned day of rtr/theros and honestly I'm trying to figure out how to make it work in extended right now

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I played against Maze's End. Almost lost! Almost.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Leveler+laboratory maniac

Pssh, too nice.

Leveler + Endless Whispers + Torpor Orb + Claw of Gix + Homeward Path = murder one library per turn

• Options
    you leave my library alone

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=89111&type=card
    He will target your library all day and doesn't give a hoot about your "you have hexproof" bullpoop.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Or buy into Commander instead because you are an enemy of fun!

Commander would be more tempting if I had a playgroup to play with. However, I do not. Might ask for one of the new Commander Precons for Christmas though (asking for Singles is... Probably too tall a task for my family). The question is which one.

That's the question for Modern too. If money works out? I'm leaning towards Lantern (of course) or Twin.

• Options
    scg new jersey is live

time for some legacy and shit-talking

• Options
    painful truths being played in grixis control

get in there bfz

• Options
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=89111&type=card
    He will target your library all day and doesn't give a hoot about your "you have hexproof" bullpoop.

TARGET LIBRARY???

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    painful truths being played in grixis control

get in there bfz

I should have played in the open. Burn is well positioned.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
This discussion has been closed.