As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency Steam Thread

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    you americans are weird bout your dick skin

You Canadians are weird about YOUR dick skin!!!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh don't worry, they didn't invent dick skin fascination, you can find that all over, and some even weirder ones to boot

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Is Stardew Valley Harvest Moon PC?

e: on that note, wasn't there something somewhere about Harvest Moon coming to Steam?

e2: Kojima has a new home, and the logo reminds me of ZoE http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/

Yeah, it's pretty much Harvest Moon but with 4 player co-op. I'm super excited about it because one of my best friends growing up had Harvest Moon on the SNES and we'd take turns playing it together, so now we can play together with this online!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Stardew Valley looks awesome, and as soon as it's available for purchase I'm gonna get it.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Americans are weird about genitalia in general. Those damn puritanical influences done repressed us good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Americans are weird about genitalia in general. Those damn puritanical influences done repressed us good.

The puritans were pretty open-minded about sex, actually

They boned like, all the time

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

constantly and without hesitation

toy can thank england for our sex problems

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Lower-case P.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh that thing! Yeah, cool!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Wait how have I not heard about this new Homeworld game? That looks awesome. Especially whatever that satellite view is, holy shit.

Aistan on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Was not expecting that to be a more standard ground-based 2d rts, that's weir- okay is that a giant landcrawler aircraft carrier my god

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    It started as a fan thing and iirc they got approval to make it an official Homeworld game. Pretty cool of whoever owns the Homework rights (Gearbox?) to do that.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Darmak wrote: »
    It started as a fan thing and iirc they got approval to make it an official Homeworld game. Pretty cool of whoever owns the Homework rights (Gearbox?) to do that.

sorta

Blackbird Interactive (being founded by some of the Homeworld devs) started development on a "Hardware - Shipbreakers". Then Gearbox comes along and says "yeah, you can use the Homeworld IP again"

It was renamed Homeworld - Shipbreakers for a long time, but I really like the new title.

edit: but I came in to ask if the Remastered stuff was worth picking up. I don't mind spending $50 to get a $35 package free. That sounds reasonable to me?

Tamin on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    most people are fine with their dick skins, just not a couple loonies

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Wait how have I not heard about this new Homeworld game? That looks awesome. Especially whatever that satellite view is, holy shit.

I'd wager that the satellite view is just the "next map" loading screen, similar to the guidestone loading screen in the first game

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'm going to write an article about that wiki

This article was not approved!

Circumcision is always a sensitive subject.

Sensitivity is one of the major complaints.

I'm glad someone noticed the joke I set up.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    On some visceral level I'm annoyed at that game, because I can't help but think that the money put into it could just as easily have gone into an actual Homeworld game. But hey, if it's a fun strategy game it might be worth getting anyway.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I tried out Just Cause 3 for a while last night.

It's so bizarre, as I thoroughly enjoyed JC2.

But playing JC3 I was just... bored?

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    On some visceral level I'm annoyed at that game, because I can't help but think that the money put into it could just as easily have gone into an actual Homeworld game. But hey, if it's a fun strategy game it might be worth getting anyway.

It wasn't going to be a homeworld game for the first half or so of its development. By the time they managed to get the licence it was probably too far developed to be completely binned and turned into a space game.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So I tried out Just Cause 3 for a while last night.

It's so bizarre, as I thoroughly enjoyed JC2.

But playing JC3 I was just... bored?

I think having to do challenges to unlock upgrades is what kills the game for me. Otherwise, it's mostly JC2, but prettier.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So hoping that the January date for Tomb Raider is true, I'm feeling playing through the first one again

Man such a great game

AND I CAN RUN TRESSFX NOW

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I started playing Elite Dangerous, and man, that game is cool.

Does anyone else get MASSIVE framerate drop in supercruise, though? Like, holy shit. The game runs great outside it, but in it it's basically sub-10 frames per second. Really strange!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I haven't experienced that myself, even on my tablet. Horizons? That adds to the spec.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    New trailer for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada featuring the Imperium this time (and one exploding Eldar ship)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBjZTm8IV4

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2v-FYCN72M

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen should be up for preorder on Steam sometime today

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    did you know that goblins ill like fire

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I want a mod that makes bows shoot meteors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    New trailer for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada featuring the Imperium this time (and one exploding Eldar ship)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBjZTm8IV4

I did not know this was being made! I'd been hoping for a Battlefleet Gothic game for ages!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tuuuuuuube

Did you ever get ahold of the most recent Wolfenstein games? Did you like them?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sorce wrote: »
    Tuuuuuuube

Did you ever get ahold of the most recent Wolfenstein games? Did you like them?

I have return to castle wolfenstein but haven't had the chance to play yet.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    You mean The Old Blood, or the actual RtCW?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder what the continuity on those games is.
    IIRC, RtCW was a reboot. (The 'return' in the title refers to how you start the game at Wolfenstein, do a globetrotting adventure, and then return to the castle at the very end.). Deathshead is a mid-teir nazi commander in that game. In Wolfenstein (2009) Deathshead returns as the surprise commander of the dimensional project BJ is trying to stop. And in New Order he's the primary badguy. However, Old Blood maybe undoes RtCW?

• Options
    IIRC, RtCW was a reboot. (The 'return' in the title refers to how you start the game at Wolfenstein, do a globetrotting adventure, and then return to the castle at the very end.). Deathshead is a mid-teir nazi commander in that game. In Wolfenstein (2009) Deathshead returns as the surprise commander of the dimensional project BJ is trying to stop. And in New Order he's the primary badguy. However, Old Blood maybe undoes RtCW?

I'm pretty sure they've said that everything is canon.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited December 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7beE0NgnmU

apparently the "announce trailer" for Deserts of Kharak

can anyone make out what the masked guy is saying at the end?

Tamin on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    By entering into space you seek the stars, we can tolerate this no longer

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yup I gotta buy that.

Just gotta make sure my computer can run it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure they've said that everything is canon.

hitler both dies and does not die

it's... just don't think about the canon too much and murder more nazi robots

• Options
    I could believe the Nazis of the Wolfenstein universe had a spare Hitler lying around.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.