As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Emergency Steam Thread

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma on PS3 could turn into a slideshow at times, like when you're shooting a dozen magic cannon blasts at a 4-story tall dragon; so if they're touting stable framerate beyond what I can probably perceive I'm totes okay with whatever numbers they want to say it is.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can usually tell the difference between 30/60 fps when shown a direct comparison

but for the most part as long as it's consistent I'm not terribly picky

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    In OotP 16 your dynasty can be derailed by your star player retiring to like build orphanages or some other bullshit.

Def recommend

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I love 60 fps but it takes all of about 5 minutes to perfectly acclimate to 30. Stability is bigger for me than how high it is.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have OOTP 16 but not having a real good grasp on baseball makes the whole thing really confusing.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I think I'd be more into OOTP 16 if the individual games were a bit more engaging.

Which is weird because I grew up on Championship Manager where everything was just text and I don't particularly like the 3D engine in the new Football Manager, but... you know, at least gimme a ball flying and li'l nametags running the bases.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Once a framerate is past 40 I have no fucking clue what the difference is supposed to be. Honestly, probably after 30 if it's stable

I absolutely cant tell

I really enjoy people telling me I am lying about this

It has happened more than once

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Once a framerate is past 40 I have no fucking clue what the difference is supposed to be. Honestly, probably after 30 if it's stable

I absolutely cant tell

I really enjoy people telling me I am lying about this

It has happened more than once

I can tell the difference but it's usually not something I care about. Unless I play a game for awhile then watch a 1080p Youtube video of it being played at 60fps. Then it definitely bothers me because I'll want my game to play that smooth. Once I start playing the game again though I forget all about it. Once I build my new computer for the Oculus Rift next year though I should be able to get 60fps in quite a few games.

JtgVX0H.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    So, Dragon's Dogma on PC, does anyone know if it's just a port that will run better because it's a PC or is it an uprez or anything? There is a good chance i will end up buying it either way, but i want to know what i'm getting myself into.

From Capcom's blog:
    It’s a wonderful thing to see the dark-fantasy world of Dragon’s Dogma finally realized in 4K and running at silky-smooth 60 FPS. As a matter of fact, the framerate is uncapped, so if your rig surpasses the recommended specs below, just set the framerate to “Variable”, sit back and enjoy all the action.

I dunno about 4K, but most of the comparison stuff coming out seems at least somewhat nicer. A solid framerate alone would be worthy the price of admission for me.

Neat. maybe this will let them get some capital to make dragon's dogma two since online is apparently not great and maybe never coming out here.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh did that other dragon dogma project turn out to not be dragons dogma 2? And it came out and bombed already?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh neat, some game called Turok got released on Steam! Anybody ever heard of it?

JtgVX0H.png
    wait, what?

There was preview footage of a new dragon's dogma game from a trade show or something in the last few years, it was supposed to be an actual online-with-friends style multiplayer game rather than dd1's pawn sharing pseudo-online style. I had assumed that was going to be dragon's dogma 2, but I guess it was marketed as a multiplayer spinoff instead and was bad, based on what melding just said?

BahamutZERO.gif
    20 dollars for turok is friggin hilarious

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Deep Down is what you're thinking of, and it is still in development

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I think Turok needs to hit the ten dollar pricepoint to become really attractive to me. I have nostalgia for it, but not 15-20$ worth of nostalgia.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    For $20, I want Turok 2 included

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    For $20, I want Turok 2 included

That'll be another $20.

Turok 1 is a bad FPS that was only ever played because of dinosaurs and only ever fun because of cheat codes

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Games where you have to deal with really fast objects make FPS more noticeable when the difference between frames is several ingame feet of distance

most games don't really run into that issue

VRXwDW7.png
    edited December 2015

Oh, what online thing is melding talking about

E: Actually no I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of deep down, that doesn't have the dragon's dogma brand attached does it? The thing I'm thinking of was explicitly a dragon's dogma thing.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Turok 1 is a bad FPS that was only ever played because of dinosaurs and only ever fun because of cheat codes

yes

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84UkG5rZA94

Also good lord that draw distance

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

E: Actually no I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of deep down, that doesn't have the dragon's dogma brand attached does it? The thing I'm thinking of was explicitly a dragon's dogma thing.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/27/7922575/dragons-dogma-online-ps3-ps4-pc-capcom

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Rtcw, wolf 2009, and TNO are in fact a canonical trilogy

Bethesda needs to get the Wolf 2009 rights from Activision then so it can be put onto Steam.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

while that's true for me for desktop games

oh man do I need like 75+ for VR stuff
    I was trying a DK2 Rig that was running between 40-50 and that is a recipe for motion sickness and a splitting headache

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Vertiginous Golf is actually really insane and kinda fun, if a weird ass story for a golf game.

will it give neogeo Turfmasters a run for its money?

Hmm dunno never played, these are like full size mini golf courses, pars go to like 6-7 for some, ball itself has a little jet on it for "spin" , a single hole can cover like 3 stories with like cages and air fans and obstacles, you have a bird drone to fly around level to get site on shot, etc

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    So, Dragon's Dogma on PC, does anyone know if it's just a port that will run better because it's a PC or is it an uprez or anything? There is a good chance i will end up buying it either way, but i want to know what i'm getting myself into.

From Capcom's blog:
    It’s a wonderful thing to see the dark-fantasy world of Dragon’s Dogma finally realized in 4K and running at silky-smooth 60 FPS. As a matter of fact, the framerate is uncapped, so if your rig surpasses the recommended specs below, just set the framerate to “Variable”, sit back and enjoy all the action.

I dunno about 4K, but most of the comparison stuff coming out seems at least somewhat nicer. A solid framerate alone would be worthy the price of admission for me.

technically the framerate is capped, but it's capped at 150 FPS so that the whole physics engine doesn't explode past that

dragon's dogma is an action mmo being developed by capcom. however, it's in beta in japan and the americans who sneak in to play it don't really seem to have glowing reviews of it. now of course it's in beta so the full game could be great, but i'm not holding my hopes very high.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

dragon's dogma is an action mmo being developed by capcom. however, it's in beta in japan and the americans who sneak in to play it don't really seem to have glowing reviews of it. now of course it's in beta so the full game could be great, but i'm not holding my hopes very high.

*dragon's dogma online.

Dragon's Dogma is out now for PS3/360, and coming for PC soon.

So we have, Deep Down, Dragon's Dogma and Devil Daggers all coming soon?

I think we can move to the next letter of the alphabet

dark dreams don't die
    dark douls
    dark dage dof damelot
    dwarf dortress
    disney dinfinity
    dingdom dearts
    dinal dantasy
    dundertale

BahamutZERO.gif
    i can think of any good monsters and figures that start with E.

best i got right now Is Evil Elephants. but it's a card game where you pick apples but every round the evil elephant can steal them, so you have to spend resources to build anti elephant defences.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Temple of Elemental Evil

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I forgot how violent Turok was

dang, they don't make 'em like that too often

also looking at Brutal Doom footage and seeing literal rivers of blood

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    i've been playing wizardry 8 and whenever you kill an enemy they just explode. gibs everywhere. it didn't bother me until i started fighting humans. then the horror set in.

And then faded because fuck those guys, I'm robbing all the places.

And now i want to play DnD where instead of dungeon delves we do hiests.

gtrmp wrote: »

Temple of Elemental Evil

Endless Ewoks

Brutal Doom is so good, oh man

The only thing I'm curious about Turok is if those levels were as ridiculously long as they felt when I was growing up or if that's just the perspective of age

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I remember having Turok 2 on the N64

never actually played it without the cheats, cerebral bore for life

This discussion has been closed.