As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Mario Maker] Create your own Mario levels and share them with everyone!

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    If you just so happened to desire playing a moderately difficult Wiggler themed level, well . . . you're in luck!
    bsve5yzm0agr.jpg

Also finished my SMMC entry for this week

@MNC Dover @The Sauce
    vcuoll2av8pe.jpg

(My first post in this thread wasn't meant to be a contest entry, just something for the list of "Levels submitted by PA people.")

Will be going back to play some more of the levels from the people of this thread over the weekend. Right now I haven't played too many just yet but I have played a good sample. Sort of being biased and starting with my Mario Kart Tourney pals and going from there. Favorite levels so far would have to be Courtney's Scurry Castle, TelMarine's Airship Raid Party, Dirk's Trick or treat?, and Sporky's Slidesmash Stronghold. And I can't pin down a favorite skeldare level yet but they have a nice "made by Super Mario Team" feel to them.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Fixed the loopholes @gjaustin found and added a couple more hints to Dungeon Crawler Advanced:

F22E-0000-006D-B2E4

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    gjaustin
  • RolloutRollout Registered User regular
    Hey guys(and girls).

I made a bunch of puzzley levels that you can all try if you want. I already added the codes to the google docs too.

1st set [0F27-0000-005F-9941]
    2nd set [5429-0000-0067-4ACF]
    3rd set [1708-0000-006E-506B]

I have been making challenging levels initially, but it made me sad to see a <1% clear rate on my levels, even after I made them easier and added a bunch of free power-ups, so I made some levels that are about solving challenges rather than survival and platforming. Hope you guys enjoy!~

glazedkoala
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Its Friday here! My entry for this week's competition.

SMMC Close Calls
    11F9-0000-006E-D833

I plan on playing everyone's courses tonight and tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that! Good luck, everyone!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reminder: there will be an Iron Maker Sunday at 5pm EDT! It will run for 90 minutes and people can see how that feels compared to an hour.

YL9WnCY.png
    TDawgHallowedFaithpirateluigiZilla360
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Reminder: there will be an Iron Maker Sunday at 5pm EDT! It will run for 90 minutes and people can see how that feels compared to an hour.

Hurrah, work has prevented an SMCC entry for this week so I'll have to get on this.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    AE25-0000-006F-4467

Piranha Underground. Getting my eye in.

• ikillkennyikillkenny Registered User regular
    I made a new one called Eraser's Revenge. You'll probably figure out the theme: 6759-0000-006E-9D20

glazedkoala
    Whoo, just beat the 100 Mario Challenge in Expert for the first time.

Then I played SMMC Close Calls and its even harder than a lot of the courses I came across in that Expert run.

TDawg
  • glazedkoalaglazedkoala Registered User regular
    Made a level based on the Puzzle Piece level from "Donkey Kong Country: Returns" where you have to keep bouncing on enemies as they fly through the level.

Diddy's Deadly House of Bounce:
    556E-0000-0071-2ED1

It's quite difficult, but very fun.

Ethan Benanav
    www.superhappyfunblock.com
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So while I wait until payday to turn my Internet on and download this game, I was looking to see if there were any good guides on building when I found this guy

https://youtu.be/e0c5Le1vGp4

He basically goes back to the original games of each theme, looks at how the levels were designed, then takes those lessons and applies them to creating his level. Really neat if you want to make something that feels like a professional game.

Later in another episode he shows of others' levels based on his analysis of design and a nice world flip level I'm dying to play.

https://youtu.be/1OG5S5GDouo

IceBurnerTim is on the InternetZilla360
    Rehab wrote: »

Then I played SMMC Close Calls and its even harder than a lot of the courses I came across in that Expert run.

I'll be sure to tone it down next time...sometimes when you're making the level and you know how to do something, it seems easier than it actually is.

• Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

I'll be sure to tone it down next time...sometimes when you're making the level and you know how to do something, it seems easier than it actually is.

After playing some of Rehab's levels, I would say he isn't someone you should take it easy on. :biggrin:

NNID = Zepp914
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My latest creation:

Spooky House of Doors
    58B-222-0071-B594

Suggestions and criticisms welcome! Trying to become a better level maker.

Dirk2112 wrote: »

After playing some of Rehab's levels, I would say he isn't someone you should take it easy on. :biggrin:

I would take this more seriously if it had a clear rate of over 5%!

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Okay I made my first non-traditional level

It's a 'challenge' map. Basically, you can finish the level at any time, or you can keep re-trying the challenge course to see how far you can get.

4F75-0000-006C-CCE8

If you can make it to the end of the challenge, you win a prize!*

*prize may be imaginary

I know the point of this level is to take part in the challenge, and I did, I got really far.

But the spike helmet let me break the blocks under the pipes and with a precise jump I could slip through and do some wall jumping. :P

tumblr_nvatjpd5WY1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Raiders of the Lost Shroom is awesome! Perfect use of this week's theme.

But...Agoraphobia just has everything. Platforming challenges, tight spaces, and a bit of thinking, as well. So far I am enjoying the levels everyone has made a lot.

pirateluigi
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Okay I made my first non-traditional level

It's a 'challenge' map. Basically, you can finish the level at any time, or you can keep re-trying the challenge course to see how far you can get.

4F75-0000-006C-CCE8

If you can make it to the end of the challenge, you win a prize!*

*prize may be imaginary

I know the point of this level is to take part in the challenge, and I did, I got really far.

But the spike helmet let me break the blocks under the pipes and with a precise jump I could slip through and do some wall jumping. :P

tumblr_nvatjpd5WY1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

I briefly tested it and couldn't get through so I uploaded it.

But in my book the cunning and initiative to successfully cheat the system awards you high marks anyway.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular

But...Agoraphobia just has everything. Platforming challenges, tight spaces, and a bit of thinking, as well. So far I am enjoying the levels everyone has made a lot.
    Yeah, great courses this week! I had trouble choosing.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Someone left a comment on my single screen Spin Jump to Win level

'sucks horrible'

Thanks for the star!

sig.gif
    glazedkoala
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Someone left a comment on my single screen Spin Jump to Win level

'sucks horrible'

Thanks for the star!

Hmm, they probably meant horribly

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    pirateluigi
    Hey, the regional/global level/maker rankings suddenly all go to 100 instead of just 50!

This means we can now see @pirateluigi on the regional all time list!

tumblr_nvawd2wd3i1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Congrats!!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    ecco the dolphinpirateluigiFleur de AlysMNC DoverTDawgRehabZilla360
    Dirk2112 wrote: »

Indeed, given some of the things I've put forth I deserve to die in some pretty rotten and vile ways (as Mario).

Plus the challenge I referred to was fun, it has just bested me for now. So yeah, tone nothing down TDawg!

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Fixed the loopholes @gjaustin found and added a couple more hints to Dungeon Crawler Advanced:

F22E-0000-006D-B2E4
    there's actually still a sequence break in it.
    you can yoshi boost from the door that has the helmet up into the room that normally requires the spike helmet. takes quite a bit longer than the intended way though. I didn't even realize it was a break in the first version until you added the yoshi hint at the p-switch.

perhaps more concerning is that you can yoshi boost out of the final encounter room. he kinda makes the fight itself a lot easier too. maybe don't give out the last one?

SaraLuna on
    edited September 2015

Master of Disguise is amazing too. The disguises are brilliant, the question block among question blocks looks awesome.

And Not So Fantastic Voyage...I love weird ideas like that. :P I'm surprised it hasn't been taken down for being gross or something.

I uploaded a couple new levels today. As usual they are fairly easy, though judging by the clear rates they are tougher than what I usually make.

The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53

tumblr_nvav4k9gRw1svx1aeo1_500.jpgtumblr_nvav60kTWv1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Explore the temple and get your hands on its treasures! Kind of a P switch experiment/coin run type thing. I always loved those rooms in Nintendo's games just full of blocks that all turned to coins, so this is a level devoted to that idea.

Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6

tumblr_nvavd5OX811svx1aeo1_500.jpgtumblr_nvavg2tK9q1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Just some ridin' on snake blocks, Mario World style!

UncleSporky on
    Zilla360
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    My latest creation:

Spooky House of Doors
    58B-222-0071-B594

@Lucascraft There are some numbers missing in that code

sig.gif
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I was feeling desperate to actually be useful in some way, shape, or form over a four-day weekend, so I made this level:

Close Quarters
    9EEC-0000-0071-79AD

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Rehab
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I made this thing:

0495-0000-0072-2200

It's not particularly hard, and the boss fight at the end is not what I wanted, since Thwomp's don't return to their tracks, but I mostly wanted it for the ending moment because I'm silly like that.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I uploaded a couple new levels today. As usual they are fairly easy, though judging by the clear rates they are tougher than what I usually make.

The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53

tumblr_nvav4k9gRw1svx1aeo1_500.jpgtumblr_nvav60kTWv1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Explore the temple and get your hands on its treasures! Kind of a P switch experiment/coin run type thing. I always loved those rooms in Nintendo's games just full of blocks that all turned to coins, so this is a level devoted to that idea.
    the actual gameplay on this one is a bit long/annoying, but the aesthetics are incredible.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    the actual gameplay on this one is a bit long/annoying, but the aesthetics are incredible.

According to Mario Maker, I've played well over a thousand levels on this game. Sporky's are legitimately the most impressive I've seen aesthetically. But that's true for all the levels from you guys. The levels PA peeps make are so much better than the other levels out there.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    If I could give Master of Disguise two stars, I would.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    My latest creation:

Spooky House of Doors
    58B-222-0071-B594

Lucascraft There are some numbers missing in that code

Hmm. That's strange, because that's not at all the number I typed. My keyboard must be haunted.

Here's the real code for Spooky House of Doors:
    58B2-0000-0071-B594

And here's another Saturday creation. I call it Rocks and Shrooms.
    0D88-000-0072-5B85

Lucascraft on
    Kupi wrote: »
    I was feeling desperate to actually be useful in some way, shape, or form over a four-day weekend, so I made this level:

Close Quarters
    9EEC-0000-0071-79AD

My productivity in Mario Maker levels has been giving me a great sense of accomplishment too!

Speaking of which, Fiery Bone Zone is now live.
    649xtyfa4lyg.jpg

I've got another level to playtest further, one that is roughly halfway finished, another three level ideas I texted myself which need to be made playable . . . I would almost say my Mario Making obsession is getting to be a bit much, but I think I will need to miss at least one more day of work before I admit it. :P

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, it's not my best...

I knew I wanted to do a temple full of Mario 3's shiny gold blocks, but the design ended up kind of aimless. I think it would be better if the P switch lasted just a few seconds longer.

It was really tricky to try to make the level finishable regardless of how you use the switches. And it's still not perfect...if you toss your only accessible pipe's switch into coins that then turn into blocks, you're screwed.

I also should've figured out a way to make the switches more easily picked up and carried. It can be tough to grab them off the pipe.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I decided that I wasn't too happy with Chain Chomp Factory Escape and went and redid it: F0C7-0000-0072-8B71

Slower ramp-up, a proper middle section, a persistent beginning-to-end pursuer, and no enemies that ambush you from the front while you're auto-scrolling. Hopefully fewer people will die in the first hallway and then give up.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2015
    So apparently if a Magikoopa turns the goal into something, the goal reappears if you defeat it.

Which kind of annoys me since there's a boss-esque element in the game and yet Bowser isn't!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    GethAbsoluteZeroZilla360
    So if you can somehow force a magikoopa stacked with other enemies to hit the goal...

I mean it's easy to make one individual do it...hmm, what if Bowser was on top of him? Would he even disappear and reappear with the magikoopa?! :o

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Here's another bubble bobble themed level.

Cave of Monsters 5: Does it end?
    44FE-0000-0072-CC6F
    WVW69ibYvgkoz064j8

Other Cave of Monsters levels:
    Journey to the Cave of Monsters
    C9B6-0000-004C-A885
    WVW69iZk_fwD7j71DK

Cave of Monsters "Not so deep"
    06D1-0000-0051-DD4F
    WVW69iZyn9k_fyE3dP

Cave of Monsters 3: Going deeper
    C445-0000-0059-61A5
    WVW69iaGOAYaLGDh-w

Cave of Monsters 4: Kind of scary
    BEC3-0000-006A-F020
    WVW69ia_bgsZ7CSvPK

Hope you guys give the levels a try.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Decided to do a sequel to my hold left level. It's actually a little on the short side, but I know people get sick of the super long automatic levels. I tried to have this one do some things that I haven't seen in automatic levels before.

Hold LEFT and run 2! 30DB-0000-0072-D5F1

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    Andy Joe
    I admittedly had to look up what Bubble Bobble is (I thought it was a puzzle game), but I am curious to see how it translates now.