As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Won a game as Deathrattle Hunter. It got silly in the end when I had so many Explorer's Hats that I felt like Oprah giving them all away!

While it is dominant, it certainly is fun. I swapped in a single Lock and Load for an Abusive Sargent. Can't wait to add in Sir Finley Mrrgglton this week.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Won a game as Deathrattle Hunter. It got silly in the end when I had so many Explorer's Hats that I felt like Oprah giving them all away!

While it is dominant, it certainly is fun. I swapped in a single Lock and Load for an Abusive Sargent. Can't wait to add in Sir Finley Mrrgglton this week.
    nrtyRGAh.png

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh wow, just had an RNGsus moment.

Pally has two minions on the board (Rend and Nef) and 14 health. I have two boom bots and an annoyotron on my board, with shadowflame, ET and Doomguard in my hand.

Two boombots into nef to get him into ET-shadowflame range...both hit poor Pally in the face for 4 each, giving me exact lethal with my Doomguard plus Annoyotron.

I almost felt sorry for him- he wasn't even playing secrets!

El Skid on
    edited November 2015
    Holy shit, I just played against a Reno warrior who roped every other turn (and presumably kept BM emoting after I muted him), but I thought I could win since it took him a while to find Justicar and I was playing Shaman and had 2 healing waves, but nope, he had Gorehowl and a fucking *second* bouncing blade for my Ysera that was at the bottom of the deck. This dude trolled me harder than anyone in my 2 years playing LoL Jesus fucking Christ.

Coinage on
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I don't think that poor paladin understood Fellreaver. I know the downside of fellreaver is usually vastly overestimated but I've never seen someone drop an owl on one before.

edited November 2015
    This poor warrior. Sylvanas "wins" the 1/3 to steal my mana tide, and then he plays Brawl when I have 3 minions out and...
    OMEmRqcl.jpg
    womp womp, that mana tide did like 30 damage to him

Coinage on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I love how bizarrely dominant midrange shaman is against control warrior. I don't even build for it and even after the addition of Justicar (it always goes to fatigue for me) it's like a 70-30 matchup.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I love how bizarrely dominant midrange shaman is against control warrior. I don't even build for it and even after the addition of Justicar (it always goes to fatigue for me) it's like a 70-30 matchup.

Worse matchup than midrange Paladin; not as bad as midrange Druid.

They just get way too much value and can go wide way too easily. The only way you win is if you stabilize around 8-9 mana and land a finisher when they don't have a Hex.

They always have a Hex.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    And now thanks to LoE, they can have a third and fourth Hex.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't feel like midrange druid is that great against warrior. I probably just play it incorrectly or my memory is wrecked by salt.

but dreadsteed lock eats pally alive woooo. went like 4-2 with kibler's version, first time playing it, and I was 1 turn off from beating a warrior and somehow lost to a druid after getting a gross hellfire off with 2 minions he refused to attack out of stealth with and a piloted shredder. either of those could easily have been wins.

then beat 3 straight pally, although none were secrets.

just if you get an early dreadsteed you can negate their hero power, plus kibler runs 2xdemonwrath which is a superb board clear vs pally.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Running double BGH in control warrior to justify my taskmasters. First handlock I play against is a reno version. I lose because I had to beat my way through the mountain, boom, and mal'ganis manually, only getting to BGH to molten. Draw my second BGH as I'm getting beaten to death by infernals. god dammit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Have to say, it's very satisfying unloading 4 hats on Eydis Darkbane while your opponent has an empty board.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Oh my god is ladder nothing but fatigue warrior right now? I went up against them four out of my last five games.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    korodullin wrote: »
    Oh my god is ladder nothing but fatigue warrior right now? I went up against them four out of my last five games.

The new Controll Shaman is absolutely GREAT against warrior, and aggro hunter, any mage, so maybe try that?

See my profile here!
    edited November 2015

I mean, you're only getting to queue twice an hour if that's what you're playing against so it's hardly a representative sample

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular

One of them roped every turn on me.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    people wanted a less aggro meta

look upon your works and despair, ozymandias

liEt3nH.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Well shit: An Ambush eats up one of your draws with Varian Wrynn!

Well yay: Having a full hand makes the Ambush fail!

People wanted a midrange meta, not a control meta. Certainly not troll fatigue deck meta (although the time constraint will prevent that from happening too much on ladder)

Coinage wrote: »

People wanted a midrange meta, not a control meta. Certainly not troll fatigue deck meta (although the time constraint will prevent that from happening too much on ladder)

speak for yourself

*makes acolyte-of-pain-esque sounds as he takes fatigue damage*

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular

The only honorable range!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

The new Controll Shaman is absolutely GREAT against warrior, and aggro hunter, any mage, so maybe try that?

While I'd love to play a fun viable shaman deck, I was trying to pound out some warrior wins for dailies, and it turns out control warrior doesn't really perform well against fatigue!

Or I just suck, that's totally possible.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)

While I'd love to play a fun viable shaman deck, I was trying to pound out some warrior wins for dailies, and it turns out control warrior doesn't really perform well against fatigue!

No you're right, control warrior does badly against decks that are even more lategame focused.

edited November 2015

No you're right, control warrior does badly against decks that are even more lategame focused.

Control Shaman only is late game versus control, where it outdoes your opponent by clearing multiple threats with fewer cards, keeping card advantage and producing multiple giant like minions, just like hand lock.

Versus aggro it can go off much quicker, as your life total gives access to moltens sooner, while still removing full boards with 1/2 cards, bashing their heads in with giant threats they cannot answer and healing up to 25+ life 4-5 times.

It really depends on the matchup, but so far I smile when I see a Hunter, mage or Warrior show up. Palladian is much trickier though, it depends on who has the most staying/removal power. The beetles helped this matchup, thank god.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    This morning my quest was to do 100 damage to an enemy hero. The game I played was mid-range Pally against a Reno warrior, where I did 70 damage and lost. Thanks for pointing that out Blizzard.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Wow, that poor newbie Warlock is not happy right now. That is probably the most trollish win I've had so far since I started playing this game.

I was at 6 health and he's at mid-20s, but he's down to just a couple cards remaining in his deck with a Boulderfist Ogre and a Chillwind Yeti and I've got a Snowchugger and Mech Yeti. The final 9 turns go like this:

- I kill his Yeti with a Roaring Torch, freeze the Ogre with a Frostbolt and go face, he plays a Doomguard.
    - I kill the Ogre with my Yeti and freeze the Doomguard with my Chugger, he does nothing.
    - I drop a Blizzard, he takes fatigue and does nothing.
    - I play Frost Nova, he takes fatigue and does nothing.
    - I play another Frost Nova, he takes fatigue and does nothing.
    - I top-deck an Annoy-o-tron, he takes fatigue and attacks the bot with both minions.
    - I top-deck another Annoy-o-tron, he takes fatigue and attacks the bot with both minions.
    - He concedes since fatigue next turn is lethal.

I wanted to hit a sincere "Sorry", but after that sequence there was zero chance that he wouldn't have assumed I was being a dick.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Is Mech Mage any decent in this meta? Lost a ton this morning to aggro decks AND control decks.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    No idea. Feels like I lose 90% of the time regardless of what (partial) deck I'm playing and which deck my opponent is playing. I've resigned myself to pushing to 15 with stupid Face Hunter at the beginning of the season and then dicking around in Casual for the rest of the month.

Blackheart's Treasure Brawl is up. Unsurprisingly, the games take fucking forever, which is not what I want from a Brawl.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Brawl is not open for me yet, guess that's the Central time zone for you.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Is Mech Mage any decent in this meta? Lost a ton this morning to aggro decks AND control decks.

I'm not sure there is a definable meta right now. My experience may not be representative, but I see face hunter, secret paladin, and control warrior about twice as often as any other deck. The catch is that 'any other deck' could be literally anything.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

I think tempo mage is the way to go if you want to play mage right now. Mech Mage has been really unreliable for me and we'll see how freeze shakes out with all these Renos running around.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

I mean, prior to LoE launching? Absolutely.

Mech Mage shits on Midrange Druid and Secrets Paladin, and I think Face Hunter? Solid, yo.

Problem is, the meta is too chaotic with LoE being a thing now. We'll see where things shake out after this.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I am fine with RNG, but slow RNG on my brawl sucks.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/19891929548
    No wing next week because of Thanksgiving. The content is already in the game, what the fuck

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I've been running and tweaking my own QM Paladin since LoE, and I'm kind of in love. All the cards feel so strong that I think if I ever craft Tirion, it's probably gonna be Boom that is replaced.

edit: I mean, I can outrace a face hunter (a turn 3 9/9 Blood Knight is not something you can ignore), can out-value just about anything. So far, my only real weakness seems to be decks that draw and curve perfectly and keep my board completely clear.

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    If something breaks when it releases they won't be there to fix it, super unlikely it would happen but they can afford to make you wait another week

PSN SeGaTai
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    If something breaks when it releases they won't be there to fix it, super unlikely it would happen but they can afford to make you wait another week

Exactly. Never release new content when you don't have people there to start working on any unforeseen problems that arise.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Brawl:
    Varian Wrynn is bonkersly good here as your whole deck is just 2 mana 2/3 pirates.

10 mana 7/7 and 3x 2/3s yes, that will do.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I dont mind waiting. More time to save up gold and catch up!