As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Absolutely the worst Brawl they've put out. Games take ages, no way to plan around your hand, and the same dreadful RNG from the "all random decks" Brawl.

I'm sure it's fun for the new players to get to see cards they can't play with otherwise, but the other brawl did that without being five times as long.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Jesus fuck these games are taking forevvvver.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Every week is the worst Brawl. Like, literally, has there been a week people haven't said that? :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I actually like this brawl. Maybe I just got lucky with an opponent that picked his cards quickly?

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Every week is the worst Brawl. Like, literally, has there been a week people haven't said that? :P
    Even considering that.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I won my Brawl when I dropped a Nozdormu. The guy freaked out and didn't know what to do.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Of all the worst brawls ever, this is the worst brawl ever! :P

• djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I had a fun brawl. Done by turn 9 or so. Always fun when the mechanic is wacky enough imho

• webberwebber Registered User regular
    I've played four games and none have gone more than fifteen turns.

I like this brawl. The first few picks I try to grab value cards, then just pick on curve.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Had an interesting time in this Brawl. Rolling Priest, and I get the chance to take a Confessor Paletress (Inspire: summon a random legendary minion).

And then the next turn I get ANOTHER Paletress.

Hilarity ensued.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I just opened my third Nat Pagle. I'm still not fishing anymore, Blizzard.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    people wanted a less aggro meta

look upon your works and despair, ozymandias
    People wanted a midrange meta, not a control meta. Certainly not troll fatigue deck meta (although the time constraint will prevent that from happening too much on ladder)

the complaint was that everything was midrange!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    people wanted a less aggro meta

look upon your works and despair, ozymandias
    People wanted a midrange meta, not a control meta. Certainly not troll fatigue deck meta (although the time constraint will prevent that from happening too much on ladder)

the complaint was that everything was midrange!
    I'm accounting for the fact that cards are made 6 months in advance, LoE was made when people were mad about face decks, not secret Paladin. Although I don't know if secret Paladin really counts as midrange since the can put immense pressure on you from turn 1 until like 12.

• CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I got to pick Boom, Tirion, and Ragnaros one after the other and then also play them one after the other from turn 7. That brawl ended very quickly.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    'I hate decks that kill me on turn 5'
    'I hate decks that curve out and deny my board'
    'I hate decks that remove all my threats'
    'I hate decks that stall into combos'

Losing isn't fun. People will always dislike whatever the most popular or viable strategy at the time is.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Oh hey- I just thought of a great new card idea: Portal of Nullification (Mage secret).

3 mana: "Silence the next minion your opponent plays. Any battlecries on that minion do not trigger"

Because sometimes you just know an Alexstraza or Jaraxxus or Mysterious challenger is coming down next turn, and you just need to say NO.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

i don't think anyone complains about rag vs nef, except for the people who think rag is bad, and those people are bad

liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

i don't think anyone complains about rag vs nef, except for the people who think rag is bad, and those people are bad

Did you literally just say "I don't think anyone complains about x, except for the people who complain about x"? :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ARGH I picked rouge fro teh brawl and thought i was clever for playing to the first 3 cards they gave you

until i realized that they merely used the artwork for bloodsail raider and not the actual card

blizz pls

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Oh hey- I just thought of a great new card idea: Portal of Nullification (Mage secret).

3 mana: "Silence the next minion your opponent plays. Any battlecries on that minion do not trigger"

Because sometimes you just know an Alexstraza or Jaraxxus or Mysterious challenger is coming down next turn, and you just need to say NO.

That seems a bit overcosted as a 3-cost secret, considering Silence is literally worth 0 mana (Priest spell). But that does fit in nicely with my plan for 0-mana Priest secrets! There'd be things like "When your opponent plays a minion, reduce its attack to 1", "When your opponent plays a minion, give it +2 health and draw a card", and "When your opponent casts a spell, give all your minions +2 health".

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

That seems a bit overcosted as a 3-cost secret, considering Silence is literally worth 0 mana (Priest spell). But that does fit in nicely with my plan for 0-mana Priest secrets! There'd be things like "When your opponent plays a minion, reduce its attack to 1", "When your opponent plays a minion, give it +2 health and draw a card", and "When your opponent casts a spell, give all your minions +2 health".

The cost is for the battlecry denial. I'd probably still play it as a 4 mana.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

The cost is for the battlecry denial. I'd probably still play it as a 4 mana.

...then you're not a very good player? Like, no offense, but that card is just way too niche to stick in the average deck, especially when--with the way it is worded now--it doesn't wait for a battlecry minion. It'll proc on literally any minion they play; they can soak it up with a Zombie Chow and then Alextraza themself/you as normal. The issue is that secret has way too big a chance of doing literally nothing, which is why paying any sort of mana for it at all would make it unplayable. It's not even a good secret to pull of Mad Scientist because of how situational it is, and secrets are barely tolerated for having a mana cost as-is because they can be pulled by Scientist.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, no shit I'm a bad player. I've been playing for like 2 months. Thanks for reminding me.

TheCanMan on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Did you literally just say "I don't think anyone complains about x, except for the people who complain about x"? :P

yes, i'm saying that the only people who complain about it are people you can safely ignore :P

liEt3nH.png
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    Yeah, no shit I'm a bad player. I've been playing for like 2 months. Thanks for reminding me.

How about a secret that steals a cards deathrattle and battlecry and puts it on a 3/1?

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071

Hey man, it's all a learning experience. I was running Core Hound in my first priest deck over Boulderfist Ogre for a few months before someone explained to me why that was dumb.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    webber wrote: »

How about a secret that steals a cards deathrattle and battlecry and puts it on a 3/1?

I dunno. I'd rather have a 3-mana epic "Unruly Mob-1/4 Battlecry: Un-nerfs all cards played during this match."

Anyway, what's crappy is when you've been playing for 5 months and you're STILL a bad player. :)

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
    Not thrilled with summoning stone so far, although it is hilarious when it sticks. Seems almost counterproductive trying to use it as mage, since cheaper spells work better with mana wyrm, and reducing spells' cost with apprentice results in smaller minions being summoned. (The reverse is also true - on the turn of Loatheb's battlecry, your spells will cost more and summon bigger minions.)
    I think I will try it with rogue next, since they have a few pricy spells (especially sprint) as well as more reliable means to protect it. Maybe a class with attack buffs after that.

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    Not thrilled with summoning stone so far, although it is hilarious when it sticks. Seems almost counterproductive trying to use it as mage, since cheaper spells work better with mana wyrm, and reducing spells' cost with apprentice results in smaller minions being summoned. (The reverse is also true - on the turn of Loatheb's battlecry, your spells will cost more and summon bigger minions.)
    I think I will try it with rogue next, since they have a few pricy spells (especially sprint) as well as more reliable means to protect it. Maybe a class with attack buffs after that.

Beware: if it works like the brawl did, Prep+Sprint is a 0-cost and a 4-cost minion.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127

Well first, all mage secrets are 3 mana (the most expensive class). second its the same cost as vaporize which just kills a minion, if you want to be technical...

Well first, all mage secrets are 3 mana (the most expensive class). second its the same cost as vaporize which just kills a minion, if you want to be technical...

"Kill a minion you don't get to choose" is worth 3 mana, though. Deadly Shot. So it works out. Silence isn't worth 3 mana.

And yes, all mage secrets are 3 mana. Hence why I said it shouldn't be a mage secret, and instead be one of my hypothetical new breed of Priest secrets, or else a 1-mana Paladin secret.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    MadPen wrote: »
    Cromarty wrote: »

Beware: if it works like the brawl did, Prep+Sprint is a 0-cost and a 4-cost minion.
    Yeah. I mean to cast sprint for its full cost in this case. Also, I don't have prep :P

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying it's worth it but it's not just a silence. There are some amazing battlecries and if you can manage to snipe them it's worth a lot.

It could have loatheb level impact in certain scenarios. Against a freeze mage maybe you halt Alex and worst case silence a doomsayer or emperor never gets a tick.

Again I'm terrible at evaluating so I'm not making a call but it's not just a silence is all

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited November 2015
    the thing is loatheb is also a 5/5 body for 5 along with his very potent effect. You're losing very little if his effect whiffs, because you're still putting a competitive body on the field. A secret, on the other hand, leaves you with nothing if it whiffs. I'd be a lot more interested in that card as a battlecry a la Loatheb or Sabateur.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I don't feel like midrange druid is that great against warrior. I probably just play it incorrectly or my memory is wrecked by salt.

but dreadsteed lock eats pally alive woooo. went like 4-2 with kibler's version, first time playing it, and I was 1 turn off from beating a warrior and somehow lost to a druid after getting a gross hellfire off with 2 minions he refused to attack out of stealth with and a piloted shredder. either of those could easily have been wins.

then beat 3 straight pally, although none were secrets.

just if you get an early dreadsteed you can negate their hero power, plus kibler runs 2xdemonwrath which is a superb board clear vs pally.

midrange druid is so good against control warrior

Out of all of the decks I've played, midrange druid and control warrior are probably the most number of hours logged, so I've seen the carnage from both sides

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This is a pretty shitty Brawl.

Though it may have something to do with my opponents curving: Cairne > Cairne > Rhonin > X > Pyroblast; in 80% of these games.

I hit turn 8+ and I'm lucky if discover gives me a 3 drop.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Losing isn't fun. People will always dislike whatever the most popular or viable strategy at the time is.

Well if life weren't so OP...

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

I just hate games that take forever (and have nothing happening). I'd legitimately prefer the all random Brawl instead.

"Kill a minion you don't get to choose" is worth 3 mana, though. Deadly Shot. So it works out. Silence isn't worth 3 mana.

And yes, all mage secrets are 3 mana. Hence why I said it shouldn't be a mage secret, and instead be one of my hypothetical new breed of Priest secrets, or else a 1-mana Paladin secret.

I dunno. You don't get to choose what minion gets played next any more than you get to choose what minion attacks next. And "silence a minion you don't get to choose" is less powerful than "kill a minion you don't get to choose", at least in general. Again, if you're skillful and play it when your opponent is about to play Alex for lethal, then it's worth more than 3 mana...but that's only if you play it well, so rewarding skill...which is good.

And really the spread of minions this really helps against (useful deathrattle minions, good battlecries and abilities) is probably actually much smaller than the amount it is irrelevant against (minions without abilities/battlecries/deathrattles, or whose abilities are not worth 3 mana to remove), not to mention the ones it actually helps your opponent (deathlord, many warlock minions, Milhouse, dancing swords etc). Maybe that isn't true if you only look at the current meta, but there's nothing wrong with adding spells that don't favour cards in the current meta... In fact that's probably a positive thing.

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I don't feel like midrange druid is that great against warrior. I probably just play it incorrectly or my memory is wrecked by salt.

but dreadsteed lock eats pally alive woooo. went like 4-2 with kibler's version, first time playing it, and I was 1 turn off from beating a warrior and somehow lost to a druid after getting a gross hellfire off with 2 minions he refused to attack out of stealth with and a piloted shredder. either of those could easily have been wins.

then beat 3 straight pally, although none were secrets.

just if you get an early dreadsteed you can negate their hero power, plus kibler runs 2xdemonwrath which is a superb board clear vs pally.

midrange druid is so good against control warrior

Out of all of the decks I've played, midrange druid and control warrior are probably the most number of hours logged, so I've seen the carnage from both sides

I heard (from Sjow/Kitkatz) that the newer styles of Druid with Aspirant suck against Control Warrior. Not that I have much experience on either side though.

sig.gif