As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ramp that can be killed with a fiery war axe definitely makes the matchup better for the warrior. Swinging it to favorable seems a bit of a strong statement, but it helps.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't feel like midrange druid is that great against warrior. I probably just play it incorrectly or my memory is wrecked by salt.

but dreadsteed lock eats pally alive woooo. went like 4-2 with kibler's version, first time playing it, and I was 1 turn off from beating a warrior and somehow lost to a druid after getting a gross hellfire off with 2 minions he refused to attack out of stealth with and a piloted shredder. either of those could easily have been wins.

then beat 3 straight pally, although none were secrets.

just if you get an early dreadsteed you can negate their hero power, plus kibler runs 2xdemonwrath which is a superb board clear vs pally.

midrange druid is so good against control warrior

Out of all of the decks I've played, midrange druid and control warrior are probably the most number of hours logged, so I've seen the carnage from both sides

I heard (from Sjow/Kitkatz) that the newer styles of Druid with Aspirant suck against Control Warrior. Not that I have much experience on either side though.

Aspirant is obviously quite weak to weapons (especially fiery war axe). And they spend multiple cards (wild growth, innervate) to be able to drop huge creatures that die to execute. I could see that matchup not working overly well, yeah.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The issue is when they get something like a Lore to stick and then oh lol forceroar you're ded.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    oh my god

this brawl is actually the most boring thing on the planet

it's like the all random one but it takes five times as long

kill me

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    oh my god

this brawl is actually the most boring thing on the planet

it's like the all random one but it takes five times as long

kill me

Hold on, just let me figure out which weapon to kill you with. I just need to think about it, hmmmm.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Druid was favoured against control warrior. Early justicar swings it back towards warrior IMO. I think its more 50/50 now instead of what it used to be.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    My first brawl opponent quit on turn 2

Thank you rngesus

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So I made a Patron Priest for shits and giggles.

It's fun. Probably not good, but fun. I'm winning more than losing.

Replace Frothing Berserkers with Holy Champions, use Pyromancers and Unstable Ghouls to activate Patrons, Circles of Healing for occasional ridiculousness. Watch your enemies rope as they stare at the board in confusion.

MSL59.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Druid was favoured against control warrior. Early justicar swings it back towards warrior IMO. I think its more 50/50 now instead of what it used to be.

Yeah I was gonna say, it all hinges on Justicar. If Justicar comes down, gg. You're probably boned.

It's not so much the new style of Midrange Druid as it is the new style of Control Warrior, running Bash/Slam/Justicar/etc.

Warrior simply has more tools than ever to deal with all the crap you can toss out as Druid.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I kind of want to run a fairly standard control paladin with Reno Jackson. I wonder if that would be worth it even if I don't run a Highlander-style deck.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Depends on what you think you need the heal for. Is the heal to stop you dieing to face hunter on turn 6? You need a highlander deck. If you plan on drawing most of your deck before you need it, highlander not super required. Particularly if you want to mulligan for most of your doubles (e.g. double chow, double muster double shieldbot).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The heal isn't so much for stopping a face hunter as would be just an additional gigantic heal in a slow control pally. It would be more about keeping the board clear and having a lot of heals to win in the long game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dumb tavern brawl strats:

play shaman

pick every mistcaller you see

crush your enemy under 2 mana 4/5s

liEt3nH.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

play shaman

But how do you draw them?

look i didn't say it was a smart strat

liEt3nH.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I actually had a rogue play turn 3 beneath the grounds and I laughed.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

play shaman

But how do you draw those 4/5s?

Also I have started to hate this brawl, because the same thing happens to me almost every time: The brawl starts, I get the first discover, somehow think it's a mulligan and click on the cards I don't want. Like, I've been playing a lot of brawls and I manage to screw this up in at least 3/4ths of them.

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Holy fuck this brawl

This priest I'm fighting against pulled four legendaries in a row

Sneeds Old Shredder
    Ragnaros
    Nefarion
    Chromaggus (to be fair, that last one isn't really that useful)

FUUUUCK

Meanwhile I pull the lowest tier cards

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    My friend just pointed out that the answer to the control meta is coming this week. I hope everyone is ready for the Brann mill decks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    WHAT THE FUCK, TWO OF YOUR OPTIONS IN THE BRAWL CAN BE THE SAME CARD?

ACTUALLY WORST BRAWL, SHIP IT, SEND IT UP THE RIVER

liEt3nH.png
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man I really don't like how every game drags until late game and then it comes down to your luck in this brawl

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I don't feel like midrange druid is that great against warrior. I probably just play it incorrectly or my memory is wrecked by salt.

but dreadsteed lock eats pally alive woooo. went like 4-2 with kibler's version, first time playing it, and I was 1 turn off from beating a warrior and somehow lost to a druid after getting a gross hellfire off with 2 minions he refused to attack out of stealth with and a piloted shredder. either of those could easily have been wins.

just if you get an early dreadsteed you can negate their hero power, plus kibler runs 2xdemonwrath which is a superb board clear vs pally.

Out of all of the decks I've played, midrange druid and control warrior are probably the most number of hours logged, so I've seen the carnage from both sides

I heard (from Sjow/Kitkatz) that the newer styles of Druid with Aspirant suck against Control Warrior. Not that I have much experience on either side though.

I think I beat 1 Control Warrior out of 20 with Mid Druid. I don't believe this. I would have to see a Youtube of a Mid Druid overcoming all the armor and watching minion after minion crumple and die.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I think I beat 1 Control Warrior out of 20 with Mid Druid. I don't believe this. I would have to see a Youtube of a Mid Druid overcoming all the armor and watching minion after minion crumple and die.

I went to here and looked at some games. Here's the very first result:

https://youtu.be/DVXj6zNvDEE?t=2740

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Druid v Warrior games starts about 45 minutes in to that video.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    El Skid wrote: »
    Oh hey- I just thought of a great new card idea: Portal of Nullification (Mage secret).

3 mana: "Silence the next minion your opponent plays. Any battlecries on that minion do not trigger"

Because sometimes you just know an Alexstraza or Jaraxxus or Mysterious challenger is coming down next turn, and you just need to say NO.

I really like this idea, and it's a good area, as there isn't much in the way of anti-battlecry, and what of it exists (as best I remember) does not prevent the battlecry.

A few variations that might make more sense for the cost as a Mage secret:
    - "All minions that come into play this turn are silenced."
    - "The next battlecry does not trigger."
    - "The next battlecry triggers as if you cast the minion"
    - "The next battlecry minion played is countered. Return a silenced copy of the minion to opponent's hand"

(inventing cards seems pointless, since we have no say, but for whatever reason I find it a lot of fun; I'm glad to see I'm not alone there.)

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    So I move up the ranks using the OP decks of Secret Pally/Zoo.
    I get bored of them and try something fun like Anub Rogue.
    Down the ranks I go.
    Repeat.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    So I move up the ranks using the OP decks of Secret Pally/Zoo.
    I get bored of them and try something fun like Anub Rogue.
    Down the ranks I go.
    Repeat.

There's a reason those decks are OP.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    More like, there's a reason anub rogue isn't a good deck. UNTIL RAPTOR

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    More like, there's a reason anub rogue isn't a good deck. UNTIL RAPTOR

I actually think with Raptor and maybe Reno you might be able to make it work. But it'll always be gimmicky.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Oh hey- I just thought of a great new card idea: Portal of Nullification (Mage secret).

3 mana: "Silence the next minion your opponent plays. Any battlecries on that minion do not trigger"

Because sometimes you just know an Alexstraza or Jaraxxus or Mysterious challenger is coming down next turn, and you just need to say NO.

I really like this idea, and it's a good area, as there isn't much in the way of anti-battlecry, and what of it exists (as best I remember) does not prevent the battlecry.

- "The next battlecry minion played is countered. Return a silenced copy of the minion to opponent's hand"

(inventing cards seems pointless, since we have no say, but for whatever reason I find it a lot of fun; I'm glad to see I'm not alone there.)

That one is my favorite. The joy of imagining the look on that warrior's face when his Justicar buffs my ability would be fantastic.

• CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular

There is nerub'ar weblord, but its effect is an aura, which means you also have to keep it safe from whatever is already on the board for it to make a difference. I don't think you can just throw it in as a one-off counter, either, since the effect also applies to you. In particular, you would be hindering your own ability to play owl, Loatheb, kezan, or BGH.

I think it could be fun to make a deck that uses it. I have never seen a weblord played (as opposed to summoned by a shredder) and I can only imagine the reaction when a paladin has MC in hand on turn 6 and cannot play it.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am gonna face hunter so hard if I get milled to death even once I swear

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Let's just use some existing cards combined with a new Legendary to solve the problem.

Uq5lN36.png

You get a 3/7 and a pair of 1/4's for a total of 20 points in stats. That's a lot until you realize the stat distribution isn't that great. A pair of Weblords provide a +4 cost to Battlecry minions, which basically shuts most of them down. Considering the value obtained, it might be better if there was only 1 Weblord or reduced stats on Faerlina. Either way, it's a much less confusing way of blocking Battlecry effects.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Let's just use some existing cards combined with a new Legendary to solve the problem.

Uq5lN36.png

You get a 3/7 and a pair of 1/4's for a total of 20 points in stats. That's a lot until you realize the stat distribution isn't that great. A pair of Weblords provide a +4 cost to Battlecry minions, which basically shuts most of them down. Considering the value obtained, it might be better if there was only 1 Weblord or reduced stats on Faerlina. Either way, it's a much less confusing way of blocking Battlecry effects.

What if she summons a Nerub'ar Weblord for each player? Makes it trickier to get rid of the effect if that's what you're after (and her 3 attack means it can't be killed by attacking her), has some niche use with Hounds/MCT.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

So fell reaver doesn't keep drawing past fatigue. Once they're out of cards it stops triggering.

Booooooooo!!!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Cromarty wrote: »

There is nerub'ar weblord, but its effect is an aura, which means you also have to keep it safe from whatever is already on the board for it to make a difference. I don't think you can just throw it in as a one-off counter, either, since the effect also applies to you. In particular, you would be hindering your own ability to play owl, Loatheb, kezan, or BGH.

I think it could be fun to make a deck that uses it. I have never seen a weblord played (as opposed to summoned by a shredder) and I can only imagine the reaction when a paladin has MC in hand on turn 6 and cannot play it.

I played Weblords in priest for a while when the meta was mostly hunter and zoo. They're a good Velen's target, with the butt to survive being played on turn 2 to actually get the buff turn 3, and it's hilarious how hard zoo (at least classic zoo, not sure about demonzoo) is screwed by it; like 75% of their minions have a battlecry.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

I played a bit of mill rogue in preparation for Brann and face hunter isn't too bad a matchup.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

I played a bit of mill rogue in preparation for Brann and face hunter isn't too bad a matchup.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited November 2015
    the trick to beating mill rogue is to priest hard enough that you have more coldlights than they do

recycle on a coldlight will be funny

edit: ahaha, an actual use for convert, as well

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*said by your avatar*