As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Hello please help me make a hard choice

I already have a kodorider but two is maybe good? I was leaning towards sky golem but am very torn

Skygolem 100%, it's sticky and can be very threatening if left unchecked.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So that was an interesting brawl. Faced a druid. Who used stealth mobs at every turn and I had no aoe. Queue turn 6 with a roar and I was done.

On the flip side, outduelled 2 warlocks and a shammy with my shammy deck.

I actually like this brawl alot, surprisingly.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    strong turn 2, 3, 4, 5 but no bgh to kill the mysterious challenger so I lost

gotta love that tgt pally.

edit - oh hey btw boom bots are still dumb. my 5/5 and 4/3 wiped out by a side effect of a 7/7. no it makes total sense. yes I deserved to lose that game.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hey @ObiFett I was doing some more thinking about your Control Paladin deck, I think running Deathlords might be a really good idea actually. Stalls out the game, anti-aggro, huge pain to deal with. And it feeds right into Enter The Colosseum, so them getting a minion off it really doesn't matter much. Even if it's something large and threatening, you can just follow up with Humility/Aldor.

I actually got the idea from going up against a Control Warrior with double Deathlords and double Brawl. He'd drop Deathlord, and whatever popped out he'd just Brawl away with the rest of the board. It was a pretty cool idea.

Smart, I like it.

I'm like right on the edge of crafting Tirion and Eadric to see if I can make this work. I think its a viable deck, but I won't know until I have those power pieces.

Don't craft Eadric, he's shit and also you already have 4 humility effects which imo is already 1-2 too many. Since you run kodo, you can make the case to run one or even two humility but I'm certain you don't need the 5th ever.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Hey @ObiFett I was doing some more thinking about your Control Paladin deck, I think running Deathlords might be a really good idea actually. Stalls out the game, anti-aggro, huge pain to deal with. And it feeds right into Enter The Colosseum, so them getting a minion off it really doesn't matter much. Even if it's something large and threatening, you can just follow up with Humility/Aldor.

I actually got the idea from going up against a Control Warrior with double Deathlords and double Brawl. He'd drop Deathlord, and whatever popped out he'd just Brawl away with the rest of the board. It was a pretty cool idea.

Smart, I like it.

I'm like right on the edge of crafting Tirion and Eadric to see if I can make this work. I think its a viable deck, but I won't know until I have those power pieces.

Don't craft Eadric, he's shit and also you already have 4 humility effects which imo is already 1-2 too many. Since you run kodo, you can make the case to run one or even two humility but I'm certain you don't need the 5th ever.

I want all the humilities because its awesome with Enter the Coliseum

• Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    What's the best card for your spellslinger to give to a control warrior?

Did you guess Tree of Life? Because that happened....

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I've started running the "new" version of the control warrior with no acolytes after tilting. Seems to work pretty good though the games are long and usually go to fatigue.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Yeah, that was asinine. It will get fixed.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    So it looks like I didn't get a new quest today. Anyone else having the same problem?

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    So that was an interesting brawl. Faced a druid. Who used stealth mobs at every turn and I had no aoe. Queue turn 6 with a roar and I was done.

On the flip side, outduelled 2 warlocks and a shammy with my shammy deck.

I actually like this brawl alot, surprisingly.

That druid strategy (+ramping) is what I used to win my free deck. I agree, this is a fun Brawl though at first glance I thought it would be kind of boring. There are a lot of complex strategies you can build around this. So far my favorite is letting my opponent beat on me for a few rounds to stack the board and then heal/taunt up and kill kill kill

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So this morning I finally, for the first time ever in two years, got to rank 10 (I am bad at this game). Here's the thing: I did it almost entirely with Face Hunter (I switched to Mech Warrior for two games to do a daily). Now, I don't have the same distaste for Face Hunter that a lot of people do, but after going through these ten ranks and losing maybe two or three times the entire time, I actually feel kind of guilty. I feel like maybe I don't really deserve those wins. I mean, alright, I'm developing an intuition for the deck, there's some decisions to make about when to clear out minions and when to go face, but I'm not making spectacular plays. I'm just riding the relentless forward momentum of the deck. Sure, if your board gets wiped it's hard/impossible to come back, but you can put out so much pressure early on that it often doesn't matter.

It doesn't help that my fight against the rank 10 boss went like this:
    Opponent: Ancient of War in taunt mode.
    Me (nothing useful in hand, stealthed Worgen Infiltrator on the board): Topdeck Hunter's Mark. Mark the Ancient, drop Knife Juggler and Argent Horserider -> Knife Juggler's knife hits and kills the Ancient, I go face.
    Opponent (next turn): Ancient of War in taunt mode again.
    Me: Topdeck Owl. Silence Ancient, lethal.

To be fair, the opponent wasn't ENTIRELY innocent here either; they had a Sylvanas on the board that they used to just hit my face over and over, when instead they should have used her to kill my Knife Juggler. Still, though, that was complete bullshit. I literally topdecked the only cards in my deck that could have saved me; I was losing by a mile, otherwise. If I was on the receiving end of this, I would have ragequit.

I'm curious how Face Hunter will do in rank 10 and lower.

• Options

Smart, I like it.

Seems like a shitload of setup for a combo with Enter the Coliseum (which already has a good, specific use) and a lot of humility effects you could be replacing with other shit that kills or controls more better. Replace two of your humility effects with Equality - Consecration and you insta-wipe the opposite board with a lot less effort.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Yeah, that was asinine. It will get fixed.

I like grim patron as a deck type but agree that it needs some changes. In my opinion, the biggest problem is the high damage output from frothing berserkers.

My fix would be to rewrite the warsong commander's text:

All friendly summoned minions have Charge while their attack is 3 or less.

This allows for big patron combos, but denies huge berserker damage.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Smart, I like it.

Seems like a shitload of setup for a combo with Enter the Coliseum (which already has a good, specific use) and a lot of humility effects you could be replacing with other shit that kills or controls more better. Replace two of your humility effects with Equality - Consecration and you insta-wipe the opposite board with a lot less effort.

The deck has that as well. It's a deck focused on board clears, stalling, and heals.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    So it looks like I didn't get a new quest today. Anyone else having the same problem?

Had that a lot in the last couple weeks, although not today. Usually it pops after playing a game.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Smart, I like it.

The deck has that as well. It's a deck focused on board clears, stalling, and heals.

Interesting. What are you using for to smash face?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Smart, I like it.

Interesting. What are you using for to smash face?

Tuskarr Jousters (5/5 is nothing to scoff at), Dr. Boom, and Rag right now. Thinking of switching out Rag for Tirion and trying to fit Eadric somewhere in there. I took it through the paces a couple days ago and it beat a full Control Warrior, Aggro Mech Mage, Oil Rogue, Patron (pretty sure this win was because he had no idea what I was doing) and a couple other key meta decks. Here's the deck:
    2k44xfsyqzwr.jpg

• Options
    Color me impressed. I like it. Definitely dig the Rag to Tyrion switch (mostly because I just love the shit out of Tyrion). I've got Eadric and I actually like the card despite a lot of people hating on it but haven't found a good way to work it in yet. Let me know if it ends up shining with this config.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    So this morning I finally, for the first time ever in two years, got to rank 10 (I am bad at this game). Here's the thing: I did it almost entirely with Face Hunter (I switched to Mech Warrior for two games to do a daily). Now, I don't have the same distaste for Face Hunter that a lot of people do, but after going through these ten ranks and losing maybe two or three times the entire time, I actually feel kind of guilty. I feel like maybe I don't really deserve those wins. I mean, alright, I'm developing an intuition for the deck, there's some decisions to make about when to clear out minions and when to go face, but I'm not making spectacular plays. I'm just riding the relentless forward momentum of the deck. Sure, if your board gets wiped it's hard/impossible to come back, but you can put out so much pressure early on that it often doesn't matter.

It doesn't help that my fight against the rank 10 boss went like this:
    Opponent: Ancient of War in taunt mode.
    Me (nothing useful in hand, stealthed Worgen Infiltrator on the board): Topdeck Hunter's Mark. Mark the Ancient, drop Knife Juggler and Argent Horserider -> Knife Juggler's knife hits and kills the Ancient, I go face.
    Opponent (next turn): Ancient of War in taunt mode again.
    Me: Topdeck Owl. Silence Ancient, lethal.

To be fair, the opponent wasn't ENTIRELY innocent here either; they had a Sylvanas on the board that they used to just hit my face over and over, when instead they should have used her to kill my Knife Juggler. Still, though, that was complete bullshit. I literally topdecked the only cards in my deck that could have saved me; I was losing by a mile, otherwise. If I was on the receiving end of this, I would have ragequit.

I'm curious how Face Hunter will do in rank 10 and lower.

Yeah, I finally crafted 2 eaglehorn bows, since they're apparently never gonna drop from one of my packs, and now I'm just cruising up the ranks with face hunter. It's not nearly as fun as the dragon warrior deck I'd been playing, but it seems to work a whole lot better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Face Hunter update: Two games at rank 10 did not go so well. First one, got out-faced by another Face Hunter (so, I guess it's going well for someone); second, got stomped by a Mech Mage (would have won if I'd used Kill Command when I had an Owl out, but decided to save it for later; later never came). My comeuppance!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Face Hunter is not a good deck anymore in the upper ranks, everyone is playing warrior, priest, and paladin.

Coinage on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Really love what this expansion has done for priest. Dragon Priest is legitimately good and has some of the most interesting decision trees.

Feels very rewarding when you alter you play style against different decks. Good job on Blizzard.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Picked up the habit this week. Mainly doing ranked with complete disregard for winning to get some coins (for the 3 wins and quests.) Leaning towards mage, but haven't really leveled anything so far.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Really love what this expansion has done for priest. Dragon Priest is legitimately good and has some of the most interesting decision trees.

Feels very rewarding when you alter you play style against different decks. Good job on Blizzard.
    I played a bunch of dragon priest because I love high dust decks, but it still has the same thing I absolutely hate about Priest (playing as and even more so playing against): it's either stomp on your opponent's dick the entire game with minions that never die and card draw, or do basically nothing the entire game.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Color me impressed. I like it. Definitely dig the Rag to Tyrion switch (mostly because I just love the shit out of Tyrion). I've got Eadric and I actually like the card despite a lot of people hating on it but haven't found a good way to work it in yet. Let me know if it ends up shining with this config.

I added the Tirion and its made a huge difference Taunt and Reach is exactly what this deck needed to finish games stronger than before. I recommend trying it. If you have the Eadric I'd be interested to hear how he works in there. I'm still on the fence about crafting him.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    Okay patron warriors are fucking stupid
    I can build up the board and bring him within lethal range only for the dude to undo everything while filling up his entire board in one single swoop
    Granted I got lucky and have a drake & 2 dmg aoe combo so I barely won but it's so freaking frustrating just watching the other player using the entire turn for his patrons animation

Congratulations! You are the first <I hate popular deck> poster of the new thread. You get... nothing!

Oh oh, what do I get for going second?!

Secrets Paladin is such a fantastic deck that makes me really love HS and the designers behind MC. Let me just poop out some the strongest early cards like minibot and muster for a few turns, then drop MC on turn 6, dr. boom on turn 7, and the other MC on turn 8. Then let's see if you managed to draw into enough answers as you were frantically trying to clear my board. I'm so clever! My play is brilliant. I used to grind face hunter all day, but now I found a deck that makes me feel even smarter.

Yeah, honestly Secrets Paladin super pisses me off. I'm really tempted to craft flare. The only good thing about Secret Paladin is that my answer to tilting, face hunter, also works quite well against that deck.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    Okay patron warriors are fucking stupid
    I can build up the board and bring him within lethal range only for the dude to undo everything while filling up his entire board in one single swoop
    Granted I got lucky and have a drake & 2 dmg aoe combo so I barely won but it's so freaking frustrating just watching the other player using the entire turn for his patrons animation

Congratulations! You are the first <I hate popular deck> poster of the new thread. You get... nothing!

Oh oh, what do I get for going second?!

Secrets Paladin is such a fantastic deck that makes me really love HS and the designers behind MC. Let me just poop out some the strongest early cards like minibot and muster for a few turns, then drop MC on turn 6, dr. boom on turn 7, and the other MC on turn 8. Then let's see if you managed to draw into enough answers as you were frantically trying to clear my board. I'm so clever! My play is brilliant. I used to grind face hunter all day, but now I found a deck that makes me feel even smarter.

Yeah, honestly Secrets Paladin super pisses me off. I'm really tempted to craft flare. The only good thing about Secret Paladin is that my answer to tilting, face hunter, also works quite well against that deck.

I played a bit of Patron Warrior for a quest today. Went up against a Control Hunter and Secret Paladin. Beat both on turn eight without playing a frothing beserker.

I don't think Hunter runs a board clear, so get the patrons out as early as you can and you seem to be guaranteed a win.

I don't know if secret paladin runs equality or both consecrates but the patrons were super sticky in that game too.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, why did I start playing this.

I must not spend money on cards. I must not spend money on cards.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, why did I start playing this.

I must not spend money on cards. I must not spend money on cards.

Of course. You can grind gold for cards. Save your money for custom avatars!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    god my current arena deck feels like cheating

2 Dread infernals
    3 Voidcallers
    2 Mal'ganises (Mal'gani? Mal'ganes?)

and an otherwise smooth curve

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Hello please help me make a hard choice

I already have a kodorider but two is maybe good? I was leaning towards sky golem but am very torn

I say Sky Golem, it has better value as a turn 6 drop

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

It's good UNLESS all your dragons stick to the last few cards in your deck.

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

agreed. AND there's another imo very solid priest list that's more oldschool style but that new 4 drop is really good. the 3/5 that increases dmg on healing. and the new legendary isn't bad (even though I said I wish I didn't craft it the other day)

def looking forward to dragon priesting once I get my golden lock (and run out of lock, demon handlock has been good to me again... I think I remembered how to play it the right way)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Dragon Priest is definitely strong and fun. Face hunter is not going to have a good time. However, I think the proactive minion play style makes the decisions less interesting than a classic control priest playing catch up and reaction-fu the whole game.

I played several games tonight, where I pretty much just played guys on curve, traded and healed things.

fedaykin666 on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Ya, it's pretty straight forward a ramp deck without the ramp.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »

It's good UNLESS all your dragons stick to the last few cards in your deck.

Eh it's not that much different than when you're playing druid and your hand is 5 drop, 7 drop, 7 drop.

• Options

Dragon Priest is definitely strong and fun. Face hunter is not going to have a good time. However, I think the proactive minion play style makes the decisions less interesting than a classic control priest playing catch up and reaction-fu the whole game.

I played several games tonight, where I pretty much just played guys on curve, traded and healed things.

This is true, but it's probably a much healthier place for the class to be.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's important to remember all decks have bad draws

i played zoo the other day and had to lifetap until turn 4

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    it's important to remember all decks have bad draws

i played zoo the other day and had to lifetap until turn 4

This is why we mulligan!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular