As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] New heroes! Mode! Maps! Ruin friendships with Cho'gall!

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Invulnerability should have an associated cost. For example: nerfing or preventing damage output, skills from being cast, or movement. All the other comparable skills are balanced this way, especially the self-cast ones like Ice Block, Feign Death, and Murky's Bubble.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the cost is a character with an ult that does not do damage

shrykekimeSo It GoesOrphaneNeurotikaTim is on the Internet
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Were there banned heroes?

in each game, each team bans 2 heroes of their choosing

That's different than I expected, but makes a lot more sense than blanket bans everywhere.

it has more to do with strategies and counter picks, like if you have jaina/kael, you're gonna ban zeratul. It's not so much about x hero is OP.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    fortyjungleroomx
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Were there banned heroes?

in each game, each team bans 2 heroes of their choosing

That's different than I expected, but makes a lot more sense than blanket bans everywhere.

it has more to do with strategies and counter picks, like if you have jaina/kael, you're gonna ban zeratul. It's not so much about x hero is OP.

well, except tyrael

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    linkin park tried so hard and got so far

but in the end

they were bad

l3icwZV.png
    fortyMMMigFry
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    linkin park tried so hard and got so far

but in the end

they were bad

OFFICIAL BLIZZARD COMPANY STANCE

The Escape GoatTheStigSo It GoesOrphaneCantidoprogramjunkie
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    MY POSTS DO NOT REFLECT THE OPINIONS OR POSITION OF ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES

but they are correct posts

you know what else is a correct post? One that says "Heroes of the Storm" is fun. When we were preparing to close the booth, two randos showed up and asked to play a game. I'm pretty sure they were press or esports celebs or something because we put together a game of them + 8 folks from the booth for a quick game on Towers of Doom. A quick game that lasted a half hour :V

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
    GethKhraul
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    New map looks super weird. Sort of like a Blackheart's without the whole "you just end up stuck in your base" thing... which is a good thing, I suppose. Being able to retake towers lets you expand your position back out. And they just completely took core rushes out of the equation.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I just noticed that you can see Azmodan's cast range on the mini-map.

I suppose the same is true for other abilities, but the ranges are just so short that it is hard to notice.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think it's just certain long range abilities that show up on the minimap (such as Falstad flight, Illidan Hunt, etc.).

kime
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    One thing I found interesting in the HotS championships is that the couple of games where Rexxar was picked, the bear stun talent wasn't picked. That talent seems crazy to me, so I wonder why it isn't preferred at that level.

I just presumed that the hero portrait eclipsed the range circle for most other abilities.

3DS Friend Code:
  • SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    that is almost too much information to actually parse

That was my initial reaction, too, but now I get it. Super cool!

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
    forty
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Blizzcon should have hired Mastodon.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    MMMigGachnarBrainleechUndead Monkey
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Fan use of Tass as an annoyance hero was really interesting.

I'd never thought about taking the E talent boosts and jsut trolling people like he did

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Blizzcon should have hired Mastodon.

They were probably blazed out of their minds

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They should get Weird Al, someone who is actually appropriate for a big nerd convention. At least they went with Tenacious D once.

It's worth noting that Cloud9 always banned Tyrael, which suggests that maybe Sanctification is too strong.

YL9WnCY.png
    MMMigforty
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    They should get Weird Al, someone who is actually appropriate for a big nerd convention. At least they went with Tenacious D once.

It's worth noting that Cloud9 always banned Tyrael, which suggests that maybe Sanctification is too strong.

That's precisely why I chose Mastodon. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9_e4ySRYA

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So I take it Linkin Park sucked?

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So after all the panels yesterday, ZPs did a short stream with Trikslyr directly from Blizzcon showing off the three new Heroes (and the new map).

I gotta say, Lunara was OVERSHADOWED by Greymane and Cho'gall. She ain't as flashy but HOLY SHIT she looks amazing. Tons of aoe/DoT damage, a slow, and vision. Both her ults seem pretty good, although I'd wager the 3-charge damage skillshot is probably going to be picked more than the leap-y one. The leap gives her incredible mobility and really good chase. She can quickly go into the backline, blow a squishy up, and then leap back out. But the damage skillshot just does so much more damage (and on a shorter cooldown), especially when you unload all three in a row. She definitely seems very good.

It was hard to get a read on Greymane, I think mainly because ZPs was 1) playing vs bots and 2) wasn't entirely used to the whole swappy thing yet. But he seems pretty decent as well. He can basically keep his 50% attack speed buff up with almost 100% uptime so long as he's attacking stuff, because it refreshes on autoattacks. Greymane is king of the chasers, though. You can pelt someone as Human, then swap to Worgen and stick on them to finish them off. His Worgen's Q has a really short cooldown and it moves him forward a decent bit, so you can use that to stay on fleeing targets. We'll see how he shakes out, but he seems alright.

Cho'gall looks pretty damn good. Coordination with your other head is going to be key, but his kit seems great. Tons of health, lots of damage, two Ultimates. Even has a pseudo-escape with Cho's Q. Above anything else, he looks very very fun to play.

I'm super goddamn excited for all three of these characters though. Lunara took me by surprise though. Greymane and Cho'gall may be more flashy, but Lunara's kit is great and her damage is real.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Psedo-escape? Gall has a Z that lets Cho run 60% faster and ignore collision. That's pretty damn good.

YL9WnCY.png
    TheStig
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well that was a thing. started hero league and ended up with first pick. guy on our team says if anyone picks raynor, he's going to afk.

i pick kael, and then other team picks raynor and li li. 3 seconds later i'm booted back to the play menu after someone quit the draft. i guess 300 points isn't worth having to play even against a raynor.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    well that was a thing. started hero league and ended up with first pick. guy on our team says if anyone picks raynor, he's going to afk.

i pick kael, and then other team picks raynor and li li. 3 seconds later i'm booted back to the play menu after someone quit the draft. i guess 300 points isn't worth having to play even against a raynor.

I hate people like that. At least now they get penalized before anyone else does.

People who decide your comp isn't good and basically quit at game start are worse than Hitler

jungleroomxforty
    So apparently on Tower of Doom it's actually the Raven Lord vs. the Gravekeeper with each team representing a side.

YL9WnCY.png
    MachwingkimeshrykeMMMig
    Dibby wrote: »
    So after all the panels yesterday, ZPs did a short stream with Trikslyr directly from Blizzcon showing off the three new Heroes (and the new map).

I gotta say, Lunara was OVERSHADOWED by Greymane and Cho'gall. She ain't as flashy but HOLY SHIT she looks amazing. Tons of aoe/DoT damage, a slow, and vision. Both her ults seem pretty good, although I'd wager the 3-charge damage skillshot is probably going to be picked more than the leap-y one. The leap gives her incredible mobility and really good chase. She can quickly go into the backline, blow a squishy up, and then leap back out. But the damage skillshot just does so much more damage (and on a shorter cooldown), especially when you unload all three in a row. She definitely seems very good.

It was hard to get a read on Greymane, I think mainly because ZPs was 1) playing vs bots and 2) wasn't entirely used to the whole swappy thing yet. But he seems pretty decent as well. He can basically keep his 50% attack speed buff up with almost 100% uptime so long as he's attacking stuff, because it refreshes on autoattacks. Greymane is king of the chasers, though. You can pelt someone as Human, then swap to Worgen and stick on them to finish them off. His Worgen's Q has a really short cooldown and it moves him forward a decent bit, so you can use that to stay on fleeing targets. We'll see how he shakes out, but he seems alright.

Cho'gall looks pretty damn good. Coordination with your other head is going to be key, but his kit seems great. Tons of health, lots of damage, two Ultimates. Even has a pseudo-escape with Cho's Q. Above anything else, he looks very very fun to play.

I'm super goddamn excited for all three of these characters though. Lunara took me by surprise though. Greymane and Cho'gall may be more flashy, but Lunara's kit is great and her damage is real.

They all look really cool. I think I'm most excited for Greymane but Lunara is looking more and more cool the more I see of her.

TheStig
    lunara and greymane both tickle my hero design fancy, as i love heroes with crazy movement abilities.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So, I'm checking out Tyrael.

I see why some people have issues playing him. He's definitely not as easy to pick up as other heroes.

I've gotten 2 builds so far, one a tanky one with shields and regen and a bruiser one. I'm still not sure they're ready for HL, but I'm gonna QM them until I develop something.

Help! I'm leaving my comfort zone of easily playable toons and I'm scared.

• Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Tyrael is a weird hero. He has very boring talents but quite complicated basic abilities. Add into that Holy Ground at 16 and you have a huge amount of power with his build to just *dive*. I wouldn't like to play him as the solo tank in a ranged dps comp, but alongside someone else going in with him he can be hilarious fun.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ive been approaching him as a ranged hero where he is the bullet. A bullet that can die.

I dont like his trait because its only useful upon death, and im not wasting a talent so he can use his abilities.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think the on-death traits (Tyrael, Uther, Diablo) get a bad rap - dying is an inevitable part of a match, and if you're never dying then that just means the other team is getting stomped anyway. Same if you're the ones getting stomped. What matters is getting an edge in the close games where things don't always go the way you want.

That said, yes Tyrael's trait in particular is not the best and seems to rarely have a significant impact on the fight.

Tim is on the Internet
    Uther and Diablo's traits are fine for the most part. Tyrael's is the problem cause it's just dull and unimpactful most of the time.

mastmanTheStigDibbyfortyKnight_MMMigLt Muffin360
    Man Sanctification is a great talent, especially with the 20 boost.

I have 15k gold and don't know who to buy D:

I guess I'll wait and see who I get with the next free rotation.

3DS Friend Code:
    Man Sanctification is a great talent, especially with the 20 boost.

It's just really hard to use in pubs. I've had a pub Tyrael or two use it clutchly, but Judgement is a lot easier to use but is also an incredibly good talent. Maybe less so now that the meta has shifted away from squishies mostly, but it's still satisfying to fly across the screen to stun a Kael'thas in his smug elf face.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I have 15k gold and don't know who to buy D:

I guess I'll wait and see who I get with the next free rotation.
    The Doubloon, obviously.

YL9WnCY.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Also, from the Q&A, a fan asked about Gul'dan, and the dev who answered said that Gul'dan is literally the hero he's working on right now. So Gul'dan confirmed.

He needs an Azmodan skin.

shrykeMachwingNeurotika
    Echo wrote: »
    Also, from the Q&A, a fan asked about Gul'dan, and the dev who answered said that Gul'dan is literally the hero he's working on right now. So Gul'dan confirmed.

Give him a b-ball Jersey skin and it's sold.

3DS Friend Code:
    MMMig
    Echo wrote: »

Gul'Modan!!

I mean, uther's on death trait is so good they're nerfing it next patch. If there was more punishment for nuking tyreal down to start a fight through his trait, then it would be good. But as is it rarely hits one person, and it does so for middling damage.

Whereas Diablo just gets to be alive again, and Uther becomes the best healer in the game for 10 seconds.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    TheStigforty
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Wait, how are they nerfing it?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    forty
This discussion has been closed.