As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] New heroes! Mode! Maps! Ruin friendships with Cho'gall!

1929394959698»

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    diablo's isn't so great because he loses all his stacks and has to run all the way back

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really don't plan on Diablo's trait when playing. It's more like a bonus.

His Regen trait on stacks is nice though.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    forty
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Wait, how are they nerfing it?

From one of the panels the two changes to Uther are:
    Divine Shield => Cooldown up to 90 seconds from 70 seconds
    Eternal Devotion (his trait) => Reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds

The issue is all in the esports scene since apparently by every metric they have Uther is ridiculously dead on 50% win rate or very close to.

re: Diablo's trait

I think it's not a bad idea but the stacks and the loss of them on your fast rez make it almost feel like a punishment. Especially cause they are such a pain in the ass to pick up alot of the time.

TheStigInquisitor77forty
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Diablo should have an option to wait on his rez and keep stacks or press d to rez in 5s. I think there are a lot of times you'd rather keep the stacks, but sometimes you just need to be alive.

Also this is why i hate picking early. we first picked monk. Other team picked both mages. I thought ok, kerrigan is good at diving squishies. next picks were johanna muradin.

oof. i got carried /hard/ to a win, barely did 30k damage because every engage i got chain cced for 4 seconds into blizzard death.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    For those who missed the panels, you can find them here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3s0v2s/for_people_who_didnt_had_the_virtual_ticket_here/

Also I feel kinda disappointed because we'd heard "4 heroes and 2 maps" and really we got 3 heroes and 1 map and then Arena mode in the distant future and Tracer I guess at some point.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We got four heroes and two maps.

Last year showed a little bit more of Sylvanas than what we saw of Tracer, and both she and a map didn't arrive until March.

I can easily see Tracer coming out in April or so.

YL9WnCY.png
    Knight_
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    A small piece of me was hoping that they'd end blizzcon with "Surprise, Tracer is available RIGHT NOW for everyone who pre-ordered Overwatch: Origins!"

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    kimeKhraul
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I think the thing we are kind of glancing over is that Cho'Gall is two heroes. Each head has its own abilities and talents. That basically is two heroes that act as one.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    a-hmmmm
    a-one, a-two, a-three, four

it's a split-pushing stitches,
    a splitpushing stitches,
    why'd you pick stitches
    if you were going to split push

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    tbh i'm happy it wasn't just 2 more maps. i think there might be too many maps in the rotation as it is

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I think the thing we are kind of glancing over is that Cho'Gall is two heroes. Each head has its own abilities and talents. That basically is two heroes that act as one.

Is that something we're glossing over? It's kind of a central tenant of the hero.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    tbh i'm happy it wasn't just 2 more maps. i think there might be too many maps in the rotation as it is

Bah.

Also, we need more maps anyway and then a map rotation.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I want a starcraft map. It is conspicuously missing (unless a reference has completely flown over my head somehow, the maps are all either Warcraft or Diablo).

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited November 2015
    sigh, ping danger over and over, whole team warns for bait on the boss, and the valla charges in trying to kill kael, uther divine shields as he has done many times before, and she dies instantly.

everyone else on the team at 2 deaths and valla is 7 because she refuses to stay behind the front line. i just don't know how these people are high ranked.

edit: and none of the maps are wc, only diablo and nexus themed technically

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I want a starcraft map. It is conspicuously missing (unless a reference has completely flown over my head somehow, the maps are all either Warcraft or Diablo).

technically none of the maps are directly warcraft themed, but all of the "it's the nexus!" maps they made borrow exclusively from the light fantasy aesthetic of warcraft

• ZekZek Registered User regular

There aren't any Warcraft maps either, they'll add those maps when they do another big franchise event. I'm a little surprised they didn't do that with Starcraft around LotV, but probably they'll do one after this next wave of heroes.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    They have also said, multiple times, that they fully intend to produce maps for all their major franchises.

It's just a matter of time. Art assets take a huge amount of time.

Starcraft and Warcraft maps will be released. We just need to be patient.

Also-- I really like their neutrally themed Nexus maps. The Ravenlord, the Garden Terror stuff, the mystical desert theme are all really awesome, and it does not bother me at all that the new maps announced at this year's Blizzcon are Nexus themed, rather than tied to a specific franchise. Don't get me wrong, I want to see franchise themed maps too.

But Luxoria and all of that are cool new places that Blizzard has invented and I enjoy seeing them.

forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Wait, how are they nerfing it?

From one of the panels the two changes to Uther are:
    Divine Shield => Cooldown up to 90 seconds from 70 seconds
    Eternal Devotion (his trait) => Reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds

The issue is all in the esports scene since apparently by every metric they have Uther is ridiculously dead on 50% win rate or very close to.
    I thought they were talking about nerfing him at the pro level, but that sounds to me like it nerfs him for everyone pretty obviously.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    New Thread

geth, close the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.