Options

Rise of the Planet of the Tomb Raiders

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    -Tal wrote: »
    I don't think tomb raider had the theme of how damaging it is to take a life

It had a scene where she was very upset right after the first one, but they moved past it very quickly

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I don't think tomb raider had the theme of how damaging it is to take a life

It had a scene where she was very upset right after the first one, but they moved past it very quickly

when she talks to roth right after he says something like "oh geez it must have been really hard to have to kill someone" and she responds "actually it was more scary how easy it was"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I've always viewed Tomb Raider as action movie-esque. Kind of like the original Rambo.

That said I'm not sure why folks are always more critical of this game in that department. I guess cause they wanted the survival aspect played up a bit more?

Personally I didn't mind.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    First Blood was more of a drama/thriller IMO.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    First Blood was more of a drama/thriller IMO.

That's kind of what I'm saying.

Tomb Raider starts at First Blood and ends with Lara fighting a helicopter.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I got this game yesterday. I love it so far. You should get it also.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    To anyone who beat the game, wondering how much more is left.

I just had
    Jonah captured after I got the Atlas.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There...ARE multiple open hub areas in this game, right?

Cause boy I've been in this first area for a looooooong time and I am starting to worry this is the whole thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    There...ARE multiple open hub areas in this game, right?

Cause boy I've been in this first area for a looooooong time and I am starting to worry this is the whole thing

There are two

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Man this game uses darkness effectively. Even with the glowstick I'm inching forward thinking "Be brighter!" and it's great.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Does Rise do the same thing as the previous game where you can wander around and unlock stuff after you beat the game or no?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Does Rise do the same thing as the previous game where you can wander around and unlock stuff after you beat the game or no?

Yep!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So

GameStop's Black Friday deal is $350 for an Xbox One 1TB system, along with Rare Replay, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Kinda considering getting that bundle along with Rise of the Tomb Raider

I really don't wanna wait a year to play it

Does this mean their timed exclusivity paid off?

I don't want Gears of War, I'll probably just give that away if I end up getting this bundle

Also, GameStop is actually doing Black Friday on 5 AM at Friday while every other store has moved up to 6 PM on Thursday, so I actually oddly kinda respect that

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    So

GameStop's Black Friday deal is $350 for an Xbox One 1TB system, along with Rare Replay, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Gears of War Ultimate Edition

I don't want Gears of War, I'll probably just give that away if I end up getting this bundle

Also, GameStop is actually doing Black Friday on 5 AM at Friday while every other store has moved up to 6 PM on Thursday, so I actually oddly kinda respect that

Yes.

Also that's one hell of a deal. If you're giving away gears, id gladly take it off your hands. :p

No I don't.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    This game looks super violent

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Well, it is rated M for murdering tons of people

No I don't.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

it's toned down from the last one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Well, the first game was pretty violent.

I think the final battle was like literally killing 100 dudes.

Sure they were like spirits or whatever but I still fucked em up.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    So

Yes.

Also that's one hell of a deal. If you're giving away gears, id gladly take it off your hands. :p

Target's got a deal going right now (it ends tomorrow) where you get a free game with your purchase, and Rare Replay will be $15 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday (which I'm going to anyways with some friends), so I just did the math and...yeah

Gears of War Xbox One with Rise of the Tomb Raider ($350) + Ori ($20) + Rare Replay ($15) = $385

Whereas at GameStop it would be

Gears of War Xbox One with Ori and Rare Replay ($350) plus Rise of the Tomb Raider ($60) = $410

So I just ended up ordering an Xbox One and Rise of the Tomb Raider for in-store pickup tomorrow

It's only 500 gigs instead of 1TB, but I doubt my Xbox One will get that much use - my multiplatform games will still be PS4

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    So

Yes.

Target's got a deal going right now (it ends tomorrow) where you get a free game with your purchase, and Rare Replay will be $15 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday (which I'm going to anyways with some friends), so I just did the math and...yeah

Gears of War Xbox One with Rise of the Tomb Raider ($350) + Ori ($20) + Rare Replay ($15) = $385

Whereas at GameStop it would be

Gears of War Xbox One with Ori and Rare Replay ($350) plus Rise of the Tomb Raider ($60) = $410

So I just ended up ordering an Xbox One and Rise of the Tomb Raider for in-store pickup tomorrow

It's only 500 gigs instead of 1TB, but I doubt my Xbox One will get that much use - my multiplatform games will still be PS4

Cool cool. Ori is awesome, so look forward to that. :)

No I don't.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    tomb raider? more like tomb creator

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Replaying the last game.

Does Rise do something like the "an edge with white paint is an edge you can use" thing?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Replaying the last game.

Does Rise do something like the "an edge with white paint is an edge you can use" thing?

It does exactly that

• Options
    This game rules

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Got to the part with Himiko's tomb near the beginning of the game, and with it being a replay I wanted to bad just to burn the body then and there. But no, the rest of the game waits.

People who've played Rise, how does the weapon improvement scheme work? One of my biggest gripes with the first game is that I play an almost exclusively Bow game, and of the 2 or 3 playthroughs I've done so far, my handgun and rifle were all upgraded well ahead of my bow and that sucks donkey balls.

I can kind of understand what they were going for, it'd be a bit broken if I had the perfect 100% bow before a third of the game was over, but still, something that prioritized weapons I used would be nice.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    It's just like, here's a certain quantity of wood and cloth and metal and such that you have with you, and with that you can upgrade this gun or the bow or the axe or whatever

If you wanna prioritize the bow then you can just keep choosing bow upgrades all the time

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's just like, here's a certain quantity of wood and cloth and metal and such that you have with you, and with that you can upgrade this gun or the bow or the axe or whatever

If you wanna prioritize the bow then you can just keep choosing bow upgrades all the time

TR 2013 had weapon parts that you had to get before you could upgrade to the next 'tier'. Does Rise have that?

Add me to the list of people replaying 2013 to whet my appetite for Rise. Still an excellent game.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

TR 2013 had weapon parts that you had to get before you could upgrade to the next 'tier'. Does Rise have that?

Add me to the list of people replaying 2013 to whet my appetite for Rise. Still an excellent game.

Yeah, I've found a few weapon parts laying around. Although I also got a 'Rattlesnake' pistol because it was a 'community unlock' or something.

• Options
    You find specific parts to build a whole new weapon
    To upgrade existing ones you just gotta have enough wood/metal/etc

• Options
    Ah, yeah, I misunderstood what captaink meant by 'tier'

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    There are tiers to the upgrades but those are unlocked for all weapons by getting the crafting tool, it's not on a per weapon basis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I was sure I was going to progress the main story, but on my way I found the store and suddenly I need to find those coin stashes. Also I like the way the store is contextualised.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Replaying reminds me of how much I dislike Alex's death on the endurance. Like come on, I've killed way more solarii than that pretty much every step I take on this island.'

E: Got my last bow part! Had enough salvage on hand to 100% it, and then still had enough salvage left over to 100% the handgun which already had all the weapon parts needed.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I love this game. It does perpetuate the joke about how Lara doesn't respect archaeology as much as she seems to enjoy destroying things everywhere she goes.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    THIS [place name here] HAS ENDURED FOR OVER A THOUSAND YEARS.

AND THEN I CAME ALONG.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I forgot about how short the first game's story is. I ended it with about 75% completion, and it took me maybe 8 hours?

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I really like this game and very much want to play more of it

But I have been completely ensnared by Fallout for over a week now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I bought the Xbone bundle with this on Thursday but I haven't played it yet.

Does anyone need/want a code for the Definitive Edition? I already have it on PS4 so I don't need it

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I just got this, and holy whoa this game is gorgeous

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan