Options

Rise of the Planet of the Tomb Raiders

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This game is driving me insane

I cannot find a few of these collectibles for the life of me in this one area

I'm guessing I have to find a survivor satchel but I've scoured this area and nothing

Unless survivor satchels show collectibles for other areas as well?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    No, just that one
    What are you missing

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The first DLC for this will premiere 30 minutes before the Game Awards on Thursday

It's about Baba Yaga

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Aww sonova. I accidentally missed a challenge in the first dang area.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    No, just that one
    What are you missing

Stuff

A couple documents and survival packs

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The first DLC for this will premiere 30 minutes before the Game Awards on Thursday

It's about Baba Yaga

John Wick?

• Options
    Remember how the first game sold 3 million copies (a lot by any standard), but was considered a disappointment by Square?

Microsoft and Square are "very happy" with the performance of Rise

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Well if you read that article it's clear that they mean they are very happy with the actual quality of the game.

As far as sales go, I can't imagine they wouldn't have realized that both the Xbone exclusivity and the fact it came out in the middle of the Halo/CoD launch would have hurt it. I'd like to think they were prepared for lower sales.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I finished this tonight but I missed a tomb somewhere I have no idea where

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Well if you read that article it's clear that they mean they are very happy with the actual quality of the game.

As far as sales go, I can't imagine they wouldn't have realized that both the Xbone exclusivity and the fact it came out in the middle of the Halo/CoD launch would have hurt it. I'd like to think they were prepared for lower sales.

In some ways this is a good thing, because the positive feedback from the Xbone "early adopters" will probably help fuel PC and PS4 sales down the road. Turns out when your game is actually really good, post-release hype is a thing and you don't have to pressure people into buying it before reviews come out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

Which area

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

This doesn't sound like you finished it at all

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8uIAFgq-w
    Tomb Raider has Gone Gilliam

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT THE HOUSE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Not at all like Quest for Glory's house. Much scarier.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I just got the grapple axe and oh my godddddddddddd

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Holy shit

• Options
    I was really not feeling the action for a good long while

But now I have a single-shot rifle and the shotgun and I am loving it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Endurance Mode – Available December 29th

Alone and in the wild, Lara must scrounge, scavenge, craft and survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is her ultimate woman-versus-wild test to push the limits of how long she can survive on her own in sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, but everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Challenge friends to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards for the title of Ultimate Survivor. Includes a new outfit and weapon.

Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch – Available in early 2016

Deep in the wilds of Siberia, there is a forbidden forest that no man will enter, where a Soviet expedition vanished without a trace. Lara enters the Wicked Vale in search of a missing man, but what she finds is a nightmare that she cannot explain. Is the witch, Baba Yaga, truly haunting the forbidden forest? Or is there more to the legend? Featuring hours of new gameplay, this adventure expands the story of the main campaign with Lara facing deadly new adversaries, exploring a new puzzle-filled tomb, and solving a decades old mystery, all culminating in a showdown with an ancient and mythic evil. Includes a new outfit, and a new bow.

Cold Darkness Awakened – Available in 2016

Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.
    http://majornelson.com/2015/12/04/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-add-on-content-detailed/?linkId=19324087

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I love DLC that goes full fantasy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I love Russian folklore.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I don't really care for those other two but I'm all about the Baba Yaga one

• Options
    I'm nearing the end, I think, and man the story is just as forgettable as the last game

Tomb Raider is like the opposite of Uncharted for me, in that I want Lara to be alone all the time always only talking to herself

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I actually thought the narrative in the first game was way way better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    As for the DLC, Baba Yaha obviously looks awesome and the survival mode sounds potentially interesting? Like a new take on the Dead Rising endurance mode?

The last one I need to know more though, it sounds sorta like a horde mode which... well it needs to be more than just a straight horde mode.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am enjoying this game. Just cleared the second optional Tomb.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Are the optional tombs better in this one? It was my only real gripe with the last game, a lot (all?) of them were single puzzles in a single room.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    The survival endurance thing was 100% what I wanted from the reboot before I played it, depending on execution it could be completely awesome
    And Baba Yaga? fuck yes.

Looks like some good DLC for when I buy this game in a year on PS4! :rotate:

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Are the optional tombs better in this one? It was my only real gripe with the last game, a lot (all?) of them were single puzzles in a single room.

Well...now they're more like two puzzles in a really BIG room

But they're great

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    You can keep playing after you finish, right

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You can keep playing after you finish, right

Yep

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I picked this up today! I'm really excited to get into it. The first game was so good, and everything I've seen about this one seems even better.

• Options
    Just finished

Same thing as the first game

Exceptional gameplay, completely forgettable writing in just about every aspect

Don't care for anything about the steps in the treasure hunt, any of the non-Lara characters, or the narrative

There's really a shocking lack of chemistry in any of the character interactions

Gameplay's real real good though!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I never really thought the general plot was anything more than standard action game flair.

Though I never really needed it to be.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    You can tell they tried harder to make the plot compelling, but honestly I'd be pretty happy if she was just dropped into [PLACE] looking for [MACGUFFIN] and that's all the story you got. As ever I enjoyed tracing the history of the site via the documents way more than the narrative.

My favourite bit of the story is actually a piece of cutscene animation, when she says to an NPC "I don't even know who you are" and the gesture (combination gesturing to NPC with a single shoulder shrug, skeptical eyebrows) she does with that is super real looking and also pretty in character for her at that time.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    The only thing I thought was even remotely interesting about the narrative was the metatextual part of it, considering Rihanna Pratchett's relationship with her father

All of the characters fall pretty flat to me

Jacob was bland the whole time, I've never cared for Jonah cause I can very clearly see the strings being pulled of "this is the likable guy! you like him!" (also I don't think his actor's very good), and Sofia had nothing to do

I don't want to keep comparing these to Uncharted, but the character interactions in those games just crackle every time, and there's so many memorable small parts

I'm going to forget most of this game within a week, outside of the actual experience of playing it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm, I guess. Personally Uncharted never captured me narratively either, so the contrast is lost on me.

Though I will admit its cast of characters were a bit more memorable.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I started playing this today. I like it a lot! The tombs are neat.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm still early in the game but loving it. I just played for like two hours and barely did any story.

My fiancé was watching me play before, but I'm glad he didn't tonight because it was a lot of me running around, pressing Survival Instinct, and then chopping down trees and shit.

• Options
    This didn't even place in the top ten for November sales

Just Dance 4 was #10, if that's any indication

Bummer