As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rainbow Six-Siege] Always Check Your Corners!

• Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    eat at joeslops for good times and french cheeses

• Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I did get stuck in an infinite loading screen going into round 2 in casual but that's the worst issue I've come across so far.

I agree that Ela is going to have to get nerfed a bit though. Her gadget is fine, if a better and more versatile Yokai, but the Skorpion is just the best gun in the game right now by a lot. I don't see it keeping that 51 round mag.

Kon. Stop working late.

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I did get stuck in an infinite loading screen going into round 2 in casual but that's the worst issue I've come across so far.

I agree that Ela is going to have to get nerfed a bit though. Her gadget is fine, if a better and more versatile Yokai, but the Skorpion is just the best gun in the game right now by a lot. I don't see it keeping that 51 round mag.

Kon. Stop working late.

too busy with his 486 kids otherwise

but as a wise person once said (again and again and again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDyFq3pMSo

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    This is on sale for $7.50 on Steam during the sale.

New operators seem neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJcergNiMDQ

Kelor on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    New operators seem awesome (I love that we're getting more female operators) and I'm well excited for year 3.

Right in time for my new PC.

Zofia looks like a fucking bull of an attacker

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Kelor wrote: »
    This is on sale for $7.50 on Steam during the sale.

That's the Starter Edition - DON'T BUY THAT!!! While you do get 2 random free Operators and enough credits to purchase an additional 2, keep in mind that there are now over 30 Operators in the game.

MORE IMPORANTLY:

- In the normal edition, it costs between 500 - 2000 renown to unlock a new base game Operator. Without challenges, you get around 230 Renown per match and can unlock multiple base game Operators per week (depending on how much you play)
    - In the Starter Edition, it costs 12,500 Renown to unlock new base game Operators. That means it can take you anywhere between a few months and a year of playing just to unlock the base game Operators. It's complete joke, and I'm not sure why they continue to sell that edition. Do not buy it.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Yeah, starter edition is not a good idea and I think it was their way of getting people to buy R6 credits (to buy boosters) to unlock operators.

• Options
    My mistake, it said I owned it so I assumed it was the full version listed for $7.

Thanks for correcting that, the Starter version is an awful way to get into the game.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So, I played Siege on PS4 for the first time during the free weekend. I enjoyed the few matches I was able to play, but more than half the time I would get vote kicked or team killed just for playing as a Recruit operator since I didn't unlock anyone else yet. Is the community always this anti-newbie? I was planning to buy it since I did enjoy it, but getting TK' d and vote kicked constantly really put a bad taste in my mouth towards this game.

Zavian on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    So, I played Siege on PS4 for the first time during the free weekend. I enjoyed the few matches I was able to play, but more than half the time I would get vote kicked or team killed just for playing as a Recruit operator since I didn't unlock anyone else yet. Is the community always this anti-newbie? I was planning to buy it since I did enjoy it, but getting TK' d and vote kicked constantly really put a bad taste in my mouth towards this game.

The community is pretty toxic. Your best bet is to play with friends rather than randos. I don't know about how things work on console, but on PC when I've been recruit only I just let people know I was brand new and that didn't seem to bother anyone.

• Options
    On pc, I play with randos 100%. We've never kicked a player for being a recruit. In every game where that happens, we just give them tips.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

The community is pretty toxic. Your best bet is to play with friends rather than randos. I don't know about how things work on console, but on PC when I've been recruit only I just let people know I was brand new and that didn't seem to bother anyone.

Unfortunately, this. It seems that they are taking further steps to reduce intentional teamkilling, which is good, but unlike Counterstrike or Overwatch this game doesn't even have a way to report toxic behavior, nor even mute specific players' text chat.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    White Noise deployed yesterday. Dokkaebi's ability is hilarious. Zofia might be kinda OP.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's pretty good! I'm still debating whether Vigil is situationally powerful or in need of a minor buff.

• Options
    It's pretty good! I'm still debating whether Vigil is situationally powerful or in need of a minor buff.

My understanding of him is he should be on drone patrol at the start of the round as they can't see him, and he is situational in that he is extremely powerful when the defense has successfully turtled to the point that attackers need to drone the room, and he properly activates his ability.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I find Dokkaebi to have been overhyped. I’m not seeing her have much of an impact aside from being mildly irritating twice per round. Zofia, on the other hand, seems extremely versatile and feels like a good pick on just about any team. Vigil, imo, is significantly more powerful than he appears on paper. Even if you know what room he’s in, you’re going to have to be extra cautious about clearing it. Taking the extra time to check all your angles due to incomplete information gives him ample time to reposition or even bug out of the area completely.

I’m enjoying the new ops, and I’m glad the community is busy fawning over Dorkaebi so I have next to no competition for Zofia.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Dokka is great, I don't think she's overhyped at all. When the ringtone is timed just right, she exposes the enemy positions. I hear someone's phone go off, prefired into the room where I heard it coming from and got my kill. So she's definitely very handy, but just using the phone at random intervals isn't going to accomplish anything.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    I think Zofia is basically not quite a must pick but a "There's never a reason not to bring her", like Hibana. Dokkaebi is more specialized and probably not quite as useful at high level play; much like Caveira she feels useful in casual/ranked but I doubt she'll see much use in the pro league.

Vigil, I don't know. He's a three speed defender with good guns and his gadget, properly used, can be a huge timesink for attacking teams. I think he might see some play at higher levels where comprehensive drone recon and roamer clearance is such a big part of the meta.

• Options
    I played last night

Outbreak isn't released yet, right?

I just played a few rounds of casual and actually did pretty well. My favourite moment was killing Vigil with a single round to the head from Blackbeard's Scar and winning the match in overtime.

I had great fun with Zofia, her LMG can lay down crazy amounts of suppressive fire.

• Options
    Outbreak is Y3 Season 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oooooh that makes more sense

• Options
    So despite it being a new season, I'm still finding Ella to be proper OP.

Ther rifle has absolute murder fire rate

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    So despite it being a new season, I'm still finding Ella to be proper OP.

Ther rifle has absolute murder fire rate

Yeah, they supposedly nerfed her but she is still a high pick. Basically, she is the defense's Ash.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ela needs a big hit with the nerfbat. Specifically, her gun needs a 30 round magazine and her mines need an arming timer of a second or two.

• Options
    Ela needs a big hit with the nerfbat. Specifically, her gun needs a 30 round magazine and her mines need an arming timer of a second or two.

Pretty sure the mines do have an arming timer. If you're playing as her, when you throw them, they have an indicator that changes from green to red once they're armed. It is roughly 1 to 2 seconds. It is possible, however, that throwing them and hitting someone with them directly may have a different effect. I don't really play much as her so I'm not sure(I usually try to shore up the team's picks with whatever we still need, which is clearly always more Tachanka).

Speaking of Tachanka, I hope the development team gets around to reworking him. Their work on Blitz has been phenomenal and he is now a completely viable option. Kapkan changes are good but he's still "fat" Kapkan so he's got like this wide 3 armor player model but now he's 2 armor 2 speed.

Right now I feel like
    3 strongest attackers - Ash, Zofia, Glaz
    3 strongest defenders - Ela, Jager, Caveira

Ash is honestly SPD = 3+. She is the hardest to hit attacker, without question. Zofia's two grenade sets, resistance to Ela's mines and ability to self res to 1 hp border on Mary Sue territory. Glaz... well, come on. He gets his targets highlighted for him.

Ela, we covered, she needs a nerf. Jager's carbine is still badass with a red dot, muzzle brake and single-fire. Caveira still can just roll up on people unsuspecting. Honorable mentions for Doc/Rook being tanky powerhouses and having laser MP5s.

3 weakest attackers - IQ, Capitao, Montagne
    3 weakest defenders - Castle, Vigil, Tachanka

IQ's ability still hamstrings her to the pistol, which wins the award for 'most gadgety gadget' as you end up getting shot trying to figure out just what type of white electronic blob you're looking at(her gun options, which only she can choose, are all phenomenal though). Capitao just feels like he sucks lately: both guns are kinda crud, the incendiary arrows are reaaaaaaaaally spotty and smoke arrows be smoke arrows. Give that man some breaching charges, otherwise, he is basically relegated to Glaz's situational smoke butler. Montagne is kinda similar, where, alone, he isn't much of a threat unless the guy playing him is a pro level monty and his opponents are miserable at teaming up on him from more than one direction.

Castle isn't that bad, it's just its tough for him to be good in a casual setting. Vigil's ability is straight up junk. Our Lord and Savior needs a rework to either carry around the DP 28 at 0.5 spd or something, or he needs remote camera turrets instead of a manned one, or auto turrets with an *alert* sound and a short delay before they wind up and fire.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm happy they removed the acog from bandit and Jaeger a while back. Stopped spawn peaking and made players more likely to deploy their gadgets

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    This game legit makes me want to buy the year passes. Just got it on Xbox and the idea of grinding out all the season operators sounds tedious as fuck, especially since most of the people I'm interested in playing are them.

On the other hand, sledging down barriers and shotgunning fools is never gonna get old.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Absolutely get the season pass. The default operators may be fun, but the new ones add some fun variety to the game. (Except poor Capitao.)

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Downloaded this game again the other day. Having a great time playing it.

Except that new map where everything is dark.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    So if I were to jump in and grab this game with the sales going on. Is it worth doing the complete edition? What am I missing out on if I just do the standard?

Will it limit the maps I can play?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    The maps are always available for everyone. The complete edition comes with all the operators in the game so far ready to play out of the box. The standard edition requires you to unlock them with in-game currency earned by playing.

Whatever you decide, do not under any circumstances buy the Starter Edition. The prices of operators are massively inflated.

• Options
    Standard seems like the best way to go then if I am able to unlock new operators through play.

• Options
    I don't know if you've already bought it yet @El Mucho but Humble Bundle have a big sale going on at the moment for Siege.

• Options
    I haven't yet, but it was the uplay shop 40% off sale that has me interested. I'll check out humble bundle and see if it's a better deal in my region. Thanks!

• Options
    Well I pulled the trigger, $30 CAD seems like a good price and probably the best I'll do.

How bad of a time am I going to have playing solo as a new player? I'm having a really hard time convincing friends to play, which is surprising because we play a lot of CSGO.

• Options
    I play solo and it's fine.

Learning curve is steep though and you will die lots.

Play the situations, they're really good at teaching you the mechanics

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Well I pulled the trigger, $30 CAD seems like a good price and probably the best I'll do.

How bad of a time am I going to have playing solo as a new player? I'm having a really hard time convincing friends to play, which is surprising because we play a lot of CSGO.

Make sure you watch the tutorials. It takes 5 mins or so and gets you enough renown to buy two operators.

• Options
    I find I actually get better matches playing solo. The group I play with is much more skilled than I am so I end up getting matched way above my ability and not contributing/dying early most rounds because of it. When I play solo I get much more even matches.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I’m debating picking this up on the sale.

How’s the playerbase?Do PAers often play together?

This discussion has been closed.