Options

[Rainbow Six-Siege] Always Check Your Corners!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Well, it is a beta.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Played a bit of the beta thanks to @mighty giving me a key. Pretty fun! Terrorist Hunt feels like the old mode. The drones are insanely useful. 6 on Sledge to throw one down, little robot you drive around and mark enemies with. The best way to deal with bombers is knowing where they are ahead of time!

Definitely not going to throw down 60 at this, but it's quite a bit of fun with a group of buddies. Reminds me of the old games in a good way. Breach bang and clear! (Except pubbies just run in as soon as you breach and are immediately blown up by bombers)

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Played a bit of the beta thanks to @mighty giving me a key. Pretty fun! Terrorist Hunt feels like the old mode. The drones are insanely useful. 6 on Sledge to throw one down, little robot you drive around and mark enemies with. The best way to deal with bombers is knowing where they are ahead of time!

Definitely not going to throw down 60 at this, but it's quite a bit of fun with a group of buddies. Reminds me of the old games in a good way. Breach bang and clear! (Except pubbies just run in as soon as you breach and are immediately blown up by bombers)

I have killed so many of my teammates with breach charges.

So many

I don't know how me backing away from a door with a big block of explosives on it calls to them so.

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Terrorist hunt really is a side-mode though. It's clear that 5v5 is what the game is about.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Fuck that Terrorist Hunt was always my favorite! It seems pretty great too. Why would you say it's a side-mode? You get similar rewards. Although slightly less it seems. I haven't tried Terrorist Hunt on realistic yet though.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Well, the TDM stuff is what they've been showing since the game was announced. Personally, I find TH super boring. I don't enjoy playing hide and seek with the AI.

• Options
    Because the 5v5 mode is so much cooler of course :D.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I played exclusively Terrorist Hunt because apparently the beta was incapable of putting me in any matches under 400 ping, and many above 500.

The least the matchmaker could do is just not put me in matches where I'm going to end up with ping over 500 - I'd rather spend long amounts of time waiting for a stable match than wasting that same amount of time connecting and disconnecting from games where I'm never going to be able to finish.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Open Beta is up now for anyone who played the Closed Beta (until tomorrow when it's open for everyone). Just started so there's still some server instability, but they did make some pretty significant balance improvements since the Close Beta, most notably to pistol hipfiring accuracy. Also, they tapered the explosive damage of the suicide bombers so it doesn't do full damage at max range anymore. Anywho, check it out if you're interested. I'll probably be dropping in and out throughout the duration of the beta.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Got this game free with my graphics card. Played Close beta and am waiting to sink my teeth into Live in a week.

Had a lot of fun last time I played, I think this game has something going for it.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Time for a thread resurrection! The OPEN BETA starts today. After logging in last night (being unable to play, though), the menus and interfaces are WAY more feature complete than what we saw last month. Launch your Ubi client to get the update. Really looking forward to playing this again.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Open beta doesn't start today now due to server issues. Not a good sign for a game coming out in less than a week.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is this one more like the old Rainbow Six games or more of that console crap that I couldn't stand?

• Options
    Emptied half a mag of the L85 at a Bomber's head in Beaufort Training level
    Not a single hit marker
    Bomber takes out two of us out in open space near the spawn
    Game disconnects shortly after

Welp thank you for helping me make my decision, Rainbow Six Siege

I'm agreeing with your post simply because you said 'mag' and not 'clip'.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    Is this one more like the old Rainbow Six games or more of that console crap that I couldn't stand?

This game is awesome on the PC. I don't think you're looking at anything special for the console version.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    No, I mean is this game more like the old games, or more like the more recent games that were dumbed down for consoles.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    No, I mean is this game more like the old games, or more like the more recent games that were dumbed down for consoles.

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to be more specific about what you're asking instead of just assuming everybody understands exactly what you mean by "You know, dumbed down! For consoles! As things are."

• Options
    Roe wrote: »

This game is awesome on the PC. I don't think you're looking at anything special for the console version.

Aren't the PC and console versions the same? Or are you just talking about graphics? Because that's absurd to consider one awesome and the other nothing special if the graphical quality is the only difference.

I'm pretty sure there's no planning phase, if that's what you're referring to as "dumbed down". I don't think we'll ever see that kind of detail and strategy in a AAA shooter ever again. Otherwise, I think the game is going for a realistic methodical approach to the genre, and less the hectic insanity of CoD.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Thanks. I enjoyed the old games (Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear, Raven Shield/Athena Sword), but not Vegas or Vegas 2.

Bigity on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Time for a thread resurrection! The OPEN BETA starts today. After logging in last night (being unable to play, though), the menus and interfaces are WAY more feature complete than what we saw last month. Launch your Ubi client to get the update. Really looking forward to playing this again.
    I tried logging in last night and the servers were down. As has been said:
    Not a good sign for a game coming out in less than a week.

26904.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I logged in last night and spent 5-10 minutes trying to get into a match where all 10 player slots were full and it just never actually started the game. That was enough for me. Compared to the closed test, the difference is:

1. You look at prettier screens while you're waiting to never get into a match.
    2. You never actually get the server error message, you just wait until you're tired of waiting and give up.

But once again, there are people on Twitch playing fully-populated 5v5 matches! Somehow! More power to them, I guess.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    They are really screwing themselves with this beta. Feel kinda bad for them, probably losing sales by the minute as news of these troubles spread around.

• Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I haven't had a problem yet (on PC by the way). My complaints thus far are more around the tremendously stupid difficulty levels over the last beta. In terrorist hunt, you're restricted to bomb defusal. Getting to the bomb points are easy but trying to defend it is almost impossibly. Even on "normal" (the lowest setting) I think I've won... once? Your team has to be on-point with timing breaches and knowing where is a good place to defend from. The enemies won't hesitate to blow up or shoot through destructible terrain. In the last beta, I had enjoyed pretty decent success on "hard" or "realistic" from time to time. But here, it's pretty difficult.

• Options
    There is totally a planning phase in this game, its the preparation phase and the whole chunk of time where you choose spawns/characters. Obviously serious planning wont happen with randoms in a completely new game without a structured meta, regardless of phases.

I think this game really has something going for it and I enjoyed the closed beta a lot. Server issues abound, thats the norm these days, but what I really care about is the matchmaking. I really hope it works better in full open/release of the game because you have to wait too long for games. And typically the opposition is really bad leading to very lopsided games, but eh thats beta.

Or maybe not, titanfall is the best deathmatch-esque FPS ever made and its playerbase was always laughably bad at the game. I just hope this game gets some players behind it so the structure can emerge. Most matches become shootfests because the defenders just arent very good, but those games where it gets tight are really cool and unique. Like some kind of modern counter strike.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    My only issue is that the framework for the planning doesn't exist. It would have been cool to see things like team leader designation and team member placement requests or assignment. Implementing character shouts would also help for public queues. A simple pre-match ready/agree button would also help things along.

• Options
    2 more days and it's live!

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Are the technical issues with this as pronounced on consoles as they are on PC? I played a bunch of the open beta thus far and while I really like it, it does feel like a game that will benefit greatly from some time marinating with post-release patches.

I've played like three games today so far and each has had a huge issue. I was in a ranked game that was 2v3, and when someone else joined it made the game a 2v4 rather than a 3v3. Others have hung on loading screens forever, forcing everyone to quit out. One had pings spiking into the 5k range, causing massive rubberbanding and the match simply not working. More problematically, the issues seem to have gotten worse with every passing day of the beta.

There are other lulzy PC issues, like how the game adjusts your universal volume and gamma settings instead of having its own, or how voice chat constantly re-enables itself to open if you change it and echoes your push to talk macro from Mumble/Vent/TS sometimes.

I am loving the gameplay when it does work. I'm pretty concerned by the game+season pass+microtransaction model ONLY because it's coupled with an obviously half-baked release and server structure, so it sort of feels like they're trying to squeeze as much blood from the stone as possible.

The style of play is right up my alley and I am looking forward to it regardless, just not nearly as excited as I would be if the beta went well.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Never heard of this game until yestrrday but tried the beta for 5-6 h with a buddy. We had absolutely zero server issues so I was quite surprised when I started reading here. Maybe the EU servers were less bogged down by people.

Great fun with a fried or two though. Almost like high-speed chess with guns when your strats/countetstrats works out.

That the voice chat highjacks vent/ts and auto-enables voice activation is extremely frustrating though.

• Options
    My only issue is that the framework for the planning doesn't exist. It would have been cool to see things like team leader designation and team member placement requests or assignment. Implementing character shouts would also help for public queues. A simple pre-match ready/agree button would also help things along.

But you already have these. You have voice chat and a whole phase for saying where you are going complete with in game names for every room/area. The "randomly stick team leader next to a guys name" thing has never worked in a competitive multiplayer game. You can have a team leader, just designate someone for real instead of some random in game mechanic. Look at counter strike, players can organize just fine provided there is a metagame to follow and absolutely nothing would change if the player with the highest MMR was designated "team leader" by the game.

The main bugs I know of is the voice chat options that re-enables every time you tab out and the occasional "error has occured" when you start searching. I have also managed to get stuck on the map, but I got unstuck by just laying down and getting up.

The matchmaking issues became a lot better as the game went on, towards the end of this beta matches came on quick which is great. Shields are now very difficult to use but the hip fire nerf for them was completely correct. Now I just wanna be able to have an additional sidearm on the shield class.

• Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I played/streamed the Beta for about 3/4 hours. I gotta say I really enjoyed it. I think this is gonna be a day one purchase for me now. I'll link the recording once it's live.

Vicious_GSR on
  • Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    Here you go, 3 hours of gameplay. I encountered very few server issues or bugs. Just had a few nitpicks here and there. (This is an unlisted video and has no ads)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxF8I2eidE

• Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    I have to agree, the Open Beta seemed to improve dramatically over the Closed Beta in terms of performance, didn't see any bugs, netcode for shooting seemed a lot tighter too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    So, I had no idea this game was coming out until yesterday afternoon. Ended up downloading the open beta and playing all night.

This is my jam. I really enjoyed everything about it.

But I mean, I've heard so little about it, and being a uPlay and multiplayer exclusive on PC, at $60, is slightly worrying.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Got to play the beta extensively over the long weekend.

This game is unique and it has the potential to be really cool when everything comes together.

The trouble is that it's unique to the point of being niche, is probably overpriced at $60 for the amount of content and longevity, and that unless you have a trusted group of friends to team with all the time your fun is completely at the mercy of the matchmaking crapshoot.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I know green man gaming had this on sale yesterday for 39$'s. Not sure if they still have this going as I'm at work and can't check on this PC.

Edit: checked on my phone and it's still 39 bucks and you can get 10% off of that with a coupon. Guess that is low enough for me to pull the trigger on this.

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    I like the game and the maps, but it sucks when you're new and didn't play the open beta. I find myself lagging behind a lot of other players because I don't know how to use tactics properly.

Also, the game really takes off when you have teammates that know how to work together.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    If anyone wants to play tonight I will be on. I believe my uplay and steam account is the same as my forum name, Bloodycow.

Shoot me a friend request and we can shoot some mans in the faces!

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
This discussion has been closed.