Options

[Battlefleet Gothic: Armada] Warnavy Germanic: Flotilla

123457»

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    They just updated a bit of it too, plasma macros look much cooler now, a long with a few other things. updating sfx is supposed to be one of their ongoing projects. I think there were at least 10 instances of it in the last patch, including paint job updates.

I keep hoping one of these SFX updates will be ambient Orks-mucking-about-sounds when you zoom in close enough to one of their ships.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    They just updated a bit of it too, plasma macros look much cooler now, a long with a few other things. updating sfx is supposed to be one of their ongoing projects. I think there were at least 10 instances of it in the last patch, including paint job updates.

I keep hoping one of these SFX updates will be ambient Orks-mucking-about-sounds when you zoom in close enough to one of their ships.

"Oi! Dun touch dat!"

*Miniature cosmetic explosion on side of hull*

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Space marines are out

Fast and zippy compared to the IN, they are pretty fun!

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Sweet!

Though I have to say that recently playing Forbidden Stars and the DoW3* shit has ruined this game for me. It's not enough 40k for me. Space, ground, faction management: I want all of those Ks. In my face, all the time.

(Still gonna have to grind up some Battle Barges tonight!)

*(And by employing some hype-algebra one could also prove that having recently played FS and this has put a damper on my hypetrain for DoW3)

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Looks like the Tau have just been released.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I just recently discovered this, but there's actually an Android version called Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan in the Google Play store.

What's amazing is that it's actually a straight up port of the tabletop! Turn based, special orders, die rolls, it's all there and it's pretty great. Even the campaign isn't bad.

My favorite bit: every single ship is available for skirmish immediately. None of this 15+ hours of grinding.

The downside is the limited fleet selection: Imperial Navy, Space Marines, and....Tyranids? Kinda cool seeing a faction rarely seen in Battlefleet, but they seem pretty limited in design. They obliterate anything they get within point blank range of, but that's it. You rush to point blank range and that seems to be the extent of playing them.

• Options
    some screenshots

Flanking-Formation.PNG

Special orders! Blast markers! Dice!
    p-20946_6-prenez-parfois-de-la-hauteur-pour-une-vue-plus-globale-de-la-bataille.jpg

• Options
    Online info is sparse. If anyone buys it and can find a way to make moving the wheel to turn your ship go faster, let me know.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Armada is so much more fun and complete but this is good for a phone game. I play it when I'm waiting for various things and it's a lot of fun. I'm not even a fan of tabletop games but it is good enough to not matter.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Arise...

Anyway, I've been seeing on my facebook feed that there is a Battlefleet Gothic Armada tournament this weekend.

Been tempted to check it out, anyone else watching it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Just posting for anyone interested:
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So, figured I should mention this here, but Steam has a big sale on pretty much any GW-licensed games. Not sure how long it lasts.

I'd love to hear any recommendations (positive or negative) people have. I'm a big fan of the Dawn of War series, and I liked Space Marine (though I've only played a small part of it so far). I've got a key for the first Total Warhammer. I have Space Hulk but found it kind of underwhelming.

BFG is 70% off, and both DLC are 33% off. It's a weekend deal.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Bought. Thanks for the heads-up! I've been waiting for a good deal on this game.

• Options
    Looks like they have just announced BattleFleet Gothic 2.

Kinda disappointed as the first feels a bit abandoned, with Space Marines in particular feeling not totally finished.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It is a bit disappointing, though I can't say I've played this as much as I thought/hoped I would. IIRC they did make a decent amount of money on the first one, and hopefully, they'll be able to work out some of the balance/design issues that have plagued the game from the start.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Arise!
    So BFG2 is in closed beta and so far it’s interesting.
    Ships feel a bit less robust, and emergency repairs isnt as strong. Will have to play some more to get a better feel for it.

Just wanted to necro the thread in case anyone else wants to talk about the new one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    omg, I love the skirmish mode. Played a bunch of chaos and orks. Orks are hard to play and slow...

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I have played lots and lots. Like it a bunch

Kharnastus wrote: »
    omg, I love the skirmish mode. Played a bunch of chaos and orks. Orks are hard to play and slow...

Clearly not pressing the big red button enough.

Bring 5 battleships and the big red button upgrade (only affects battleships). Never stop zooming.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    So I just got this game and I'm going through the campaign. I have a couple of questions.

1) can I merge fleets? Autoresolved a couple fights and took some losses. Can I stick the leftovers in another fleet? If not what should I do with a 90 power fleet? Which leads to...

2) how do I make money in this game? I took a whole system but each turn I am scraping down to nearly 0 cash saved. Between evolving planets, building defenses, building ships, repairing fleets it feels like my economy is supposed to be more robust

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Kharnastus wrote: »

Did they run out of red paint?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Snowbear wrote: »
    So I just got this game and I'm going through the campaign. I have a couple of questions.

1) can I merge fleets? Autoresolved a couple fights and took some losses. Can I stick the leftovers in another fleet? If not what should I do with a 90 power fleet? Which leads to...

2) how do I make money in this game? I took a whole system but each turn I am scraping down to nearly 0 cash saved. Between evolving planets, building defenses, building ships, repairing fleets it feels like my economy is supposed to be more robust

I also have no idea re: those. When my fleets get too broken down I've just been sending them into hopeless battles to die as it's the only way I can find to get rid of them..and money wise same thing, I lost ~1500 mp worth of ships in a battle in my imperial campaign and had to restart because even with 0 upkeep I was getting like, +40 per turn tops certain evolutions give you +5 production but that's nothing

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    You can scrap ships and get some money back from it.

I don't know if you can merge fleets. I'll check.

For making money, certain planets give you resources for being upgraded. Upgrade them to max and you'll get either 30 or 60 a turn based on what sort of planet it is. Some planets give multipliers to earned income as well. Just protect your money systems and let your agriworlds fall.

• Options
    Snowbear wrote: »

Each of the first 3 Imperium fleets are a different faction: Imperial Navy, Space Marine, and Adeptus Mechanicus.

So those ones cannot be merged.

For the money resources, it is supposed to be pretty tight to try to increase the difficulty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    With the... I think it's called.emergency bar? or whatever? It seems entirely too easy to fuck over your campaign of you lose a single battle due to how tight resources are. Lose one fair sized fleet and you're toast as you don't have time to rebuild. I think I'm definitely restarting with it turned off

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So what planet gives you resources?

I click on a planet and it tells me jack shit, just some nice fluff about how much it sucks to live on it. But nothing important like 'this planet produces this much resources per turn and if you upgrade it then it'll produce += whatever"

• Options

I click on a planet and it tells me jack shit, just some nice fluff about how much it sucks to live on it. But nothing important like 'this planet produces this much resources per turn and if you upgrade it then it'll produce += whatever"

Every system has at least one Point of Interest (its mentioned in the tutorial) these points do stuff. As you hold the system you get progress towards Evolutions which are just upgrading whatever properties it already has.

Don't click on the main planet, look for moons or asteroid belts or something to click on. After you've held it for a bit they'll have exclamation points on them saying you can upgrade them.

If you find it, the traits are things like agriworld or hive world or forge world, etc. Keep your cursor on it, it'll bring up a tooltip that says what it is for

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the other campaigns in the future, though I'm very much enjoying the Tyranid campaign so far. Also playing multiplayer a bunch, not really paying attention to my actual ranking and just trying to get good with the different factions and level them up for skills and upgrades.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

In the imperial campaign Forge worlds (20/40/80), Hive worlds (10/20/40), Outposts (5/10/20) and Mining worlds (+3%/+6%/+12%) provide resources (ie, money).

P.S: Holy shit Nemesis tessera is a tough battle

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden