As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
edited June 2016 in Games and Technology
Webstores

PSN Webstore
PSN (US) Amazon Store

What's New?

NA Update 7 June
Full Summary
PS Blog Post

Summary:
PS+
  • echochrome (PS3)
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
  • Gone Home (PS4)
  • Little Deviants (PSV)
  • NBA 2k16 (PS4)
  • Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

PS4
  • Anima: Gate of Memories ($29.99)
  • Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~ ($59.99)
  • Broken Bots ($6.99)
  • Fenix Furia ($14.99)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- ($59.99)
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst ($59.99)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir ($59.99)
  • Psychonauts (PS2) ($9.99)
  • Soul Axiom ($19.99)
  • SteamWorld Heist ($19.99) Cross-Buy

PS3
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- ($49.99)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir ($49.99)

PS Vita
  • Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~ ($39.99)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir ($39.99)
  • SteamWorld Heist ($19.99) Cross-Buy

PAL Update 7 June
Full Summary
PS Blog Post

Summary:
PS+
  • echochrome (PS3)
  • Gone Home (PS4)
  • Little Deviants (PSV)
  • NBA 2k16 (PS4)

PS4
  • Art of Balance
  • Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~ with Bonus
  • Broken Bots
  • Ducati – 90th Anniversary
  • Fenix Furia
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-
  • Hard Reset Redux
  • Kitten Squad
  • Lords of the Fallen Complete Bundle
  • Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
  • RETSNOM
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
  • Soul Axiom
  • SteamWorld Heist Cross-Buy

PS3
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Bundle
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-

PS Vita
  • Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~ with Bonus
  • Grand Kingdom
  • SteamWorld Heist Cross-Buy

PS+ May Instant Game Collection
PS4
  • Gone Home (PS4)
  • NBA 2k16 (PS4)

PS3
  • echochrome (PS3)

PS Vita
  • Little Deviants (PSV)

Upcoming Digital Only Games

PS3
  • Exogenesis: Perils of Rebirth (Kwan)
  • Shantae: Half Genie Hero (WayForward Technologies)

PS4
  • Abzu (Giant Squid)
  • Alone With You (Benjamin Rivers Inc.)
  • Armikrog (Pencil Test Studios)
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! (Vertigo Gaming Inc.)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Zeboyd Games) Cross-Buy
  • Darkest Dungeon (Red Hook Studios)
  • Drawn to Death (The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency)
  • Dreamfall Chapters (Red Thread Games)
  • Drifter (Celsius Game Studios)
  • The Forest (Endnight Games)
  • forma.8 (MixedBag)
  • Heart Forth, Alicia (Alonso Martin)
  • Hellblade (Ninja Theory)
  • Hollowpoint (Ruffian Games)
  • Hyper Light Drifter (Heart Machine) Cross-Buy
  • I Am Setsuna (Square Enix)
  • Kerbal Space Program (Squad)
  • Kill Strain (SCE San Diego)
  • Killing Floor 2 (Tripwire Interactive)
  • Kodoku (Carnivore Studio)
  • Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games)
  • One Way Trip (Christine and Michael Frauenhofer)
  • Orcs Must Die! Unchained (Robot Entertainment)
  • Pavilion (Visiontrick Media)
  • Q.U.B.E. 2 (Toxic Games)
  • Rainbow Skies (SideQuest Studios)
  • Ray's the Dead (Ragtag Studio)
  • Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
  • Shenmue III (Ys Net)
  • Skytorn (IndieHouse)
  • SNOW (Poppermost Productions)
  • Starbound (Chucklefish)
  • The Tomorrow Children (Q-Games)
  • Vampyr (Dontnod Entertainment)
  • Wattam (Funomena)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (Giant Sparrow)
  • WiLD (Wild Sheep)
  • World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
  • Yooka-Laylee (Playtonic Games)

PS Vita
  • Alone With You (Benjamin Rivers Inc.)
  • Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)
  • Attractio (GameCoder Studios)
  • The Banner Saga (Stoic)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Zeboyd Games) Cross-Buy
  • Darkest Dungeon (Red Hook Studios)
  • Drifter (Celsius Game Studios)
  • forma.8 (MixedBag)
  • Game of Thrones (Telltale Games)
  • Heart Forth, Alicia (Alonso Martin)
  • Hyper Light Drifter (Heart Machine) Cross-Buy
  • Kodoku (Carnivore Studio)
  • Mighty No. 9 (Comcept)
  • Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games)
  • One Way Trip (Christine and Michael Frauenhofer)
  • Papers, Please (3909)
  • Pavilion (Visiontrick Media)
  • Rainbow Skies (SideQuest Studios)
  • Ray's the Dead (Ragtag Studio)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (Ska Studios)
  • Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
  • Starbound (Chucklefish)
  • Supermagical (Tama Games)
  • Tales from the Borderlands (TellTale Games)
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne (Telltale Games)
  • World End Economica (Sekai Project)
  • Zero Time Dilemma (Spike Chunsoft)
  • Zodiac (Kobojo)

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
Unco-ordinated on

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    FAQ

How do the stores work?
    Each region basically has their own, separate store. SCEA run the American stores, SCEE run the European, Middle Eastern, Indian, African and Oceanian (all of which are usually shortened to PAL) stores and SCEJA run the Japanese, Hong Kong and other East Asian stores. It's honestly a bit of a mess, as some games get released in one region and then take months to come to other regions. The good news is that you can create multiple accounts located in different regions, buy PSN cards online and then buy whichever games you want from the foreign stores.

When does the store usually update?
    Tuesday in North America and PAL countries. When exactly the updates occur depends and there are also games that are added early or late, which is usually noted in the PS Blog updates. Japanese updates, on the other hand, occur throughout the week.

Do digital pre-orders offer pre-loads?
    Often yes but the times vary depending on region. North American pre-loads are usually offered approx. two days before release and unlock at midnight EST. PAL pre-loads, on the other hand, are usually offered on the NZ midnight release. This means that Europeans get 10-13 hours to preload their games (depending on time zone and DST), while Australians get 2-4 hours (depending on which coast you live on) and New Zealanders get 0 hours. It's pretty fucking dumb, yeah.

Are sales common?
    The NA stores get a new sale every week and often get weekend-only flash sales. The PAL stores get a new sale every two weeks but often get new sales or additions in off weeks.

What's PS+?
    Sony's online subscription service. On PS4 you need it to play games online (excluding F2P and MMOs). On top of that, it offers cloud storage space on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita (1GB, 10GB and 1GB respectively), exclusive betas/demos and the Instant Game Collection.

Instant Game Collection?
    On the first Tuesday of every month, Sony updates the IGC with 6 new games, 2 for each system (though many are cross-buy). You can add these to your account and play them as much as you want, so long as you're subscribed to PS+. If your subscription expires, they are no longer playable but if you re-subscribe later on, they will be playable once more.

Backwards compatibility?
    If you've got yourself a first or second generation PS3, your system is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. For every other PS3, they're only backwards compatible with PS1 games. And sadly, so far, the PS4 isn't backwards compatible with anything. Hopefully that changes in the future but who knows. You can, however, use the PS3's remote play to play PS1 games on a PSP or PS Vita.

What can I play PSone Classics on?
    Most of the PSOne Classics are compatible with PS3, PSP and PS Vita but it does vary with some games. The good news is that they all support cross-buy, so any PS1 Classic you've bought for one system can be played on any of the other three systems, so long as they're compatible. You can also swap your saves between them. For a list of PS Vita compatible PSone Classics, check out the PS Vita thread.

What about PS2 Classics?
    Currently, PS2 Classics will only run on the PS3. The only downside is that you can't use your old PS2 saves, they're saved to a separate location.

What's Cross-Buy?
    Basically, 'buy one, get the other versions free' across PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. It works just as you would expect, you buy one version of the game and get the other versions for free. Just make sure you check beforehand because sometimes the PS3 version of a game may be the only version that's cross-buy (usually when the PS Vita version is cheaper) or the PS3 and PS Vita versions may be cross-buy but not the PS4 version (usually for a very late port).

Cross-Play?
    It's what Sony has labelled cross-platform online play between the PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. PS3 players can play online with PS4 or PS Vita players and vice versa.

Cross-Save?
    It means you can transfer your saves between different versions of a game.

PA PSN Friends List

I figured I'd get this done before the update on Tuesday. I updated the Upcoming list and FAQ a bit but if anyone has any suggestions, point them out.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I might as well post the Drop post in here as well.

Get your dancing shoes on for this weeks edition of The Drop.
    New Releases: September 29th, 2015

Arcade Archives Karate Champ
    PS4 — Digital

Karate Champ is an action game that was released from Data East in 1984. Players train a variety of karate skills with a combination of stick operations, to be a champion of competitions.

Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Shusse Ozumo is a sports game that was developed by Technos Japan in 1984. Players play as Sumo wrestlers, and aim to become a Yokozuna. Shusse Ozumo is the oldest sumo arcade game and was the forerunner of later Sumo Tournament games.

Dungeon Defenders II (Beta)
    PS4 — Digital

Dungeon Defenders is an action tower defense game filled up with classic role-playing elements like loot, levelling, and pets.

Dynamite Fishing — World Games
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Forget about idyllic ponds or beautiful coral reefs. Dynamite Fishing — World Games will ship you to the best fishing spots all over the globe, including an awesome jungle adventure!

EA Sports NBA Live 16 (+ Trial)
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Rooted in self-expression, NBA Live 16 takes player customization to another level. Whether it’s how you look or play, your entire journey is all about you.

Gem Legends
    PS Vita — Digital

Discover the legends of ancient China. The ancient Chaos devours the abode of the gods, all around turns to stone, and all are powerless to stop it. The Oracle has foretold the coming of a savior bearing an artifact. You could be that chosen one!

Hardware: Rivals (Beta Trial)
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30, PS Plus Only)

Suit up, pick your perks, select your vehicle and come and join us in the Hardware: Rivals Open Beta! It’s all-terrain, all-weather carnage as Tanks and Fast Attack Vehicles (F.A.V.s) go head to head across multiple maps and game modes.

Journey Collector’s Edition
    PS4 — Digital

Soar above ruins and glide across sands as you explore an ancient world where life once flourished. With stunning visuals, haunting music, and unique online gameplay, Journey delivers an experience like no other. Includes critically-acclaimed games Flow and Flower. (You’ll get the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Flow and Flower later this week. This has been edited for clarity.)

Mega Man Legends
    PSone Classic — Digital

Take control of everyone’s favorite blue bomber, Mega Man, and save the island of Kattelox. Discover the truth of a mysterious disappearance, and find the long lost family treasure — the Mother Lode.

NBA 2K16
    PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

NBA 2K is back with the most true-to-life NBA experience to date with NBA 2K16. Featuring an all-new career experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Guide your player through the complete NBA journey.

Onigiri
    PS4 — Digital

Onigiri is a action MMORPG where you can use various types of weapons to combat monsters. In a fantastic world that mixes Japanese history, legends, folklore and fairytales, the story will take you and your companions through an exciting journey.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
    PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Welcome to the Midnight Stage! The music is starting up, so get ready to boogie with the Persona 4 crew in their newest adventure!

Prismatic Solid
    PS4 — Digital

Experience the abstract yet dangerous world of Prismatic Solid through its simple shapes and geometric aesthetic. Swim through a torrent of bullets in this stylish top down vertical shooter as you dodge flashing lasers, debris from explosions, and fluttering embers.

Samurai Warriors 4-II
    PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail on PS4

The last title released for the tenth anniversary of the Samurai Warriors series, Samurai Warriors 4-II is here at last! Naomasa Ii appears as a playable character for the first time, and the various personalities of the age are explored in more depth in Story Mode.

Thief Town
    PS4 — Digital

Thief Town is a local multiplayer stealth party game for up to four players. Stab your buddies in a pixel-perfect rendition of the Wild West! Lurk in the crowds, emulate non-player characters, and achieve backstabbing victory.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 offers a fresh take on combo-driven skateboarding, the most advanced online multiplayer experience, and a state-of-the-art skatepark builder. Ride, build, and repeat.

Toto Temple Deluxe
    PS4 — Digital

Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Demo)
    PS4 — Digital

From the groundbreaking storytellers at Naughty Dog, comes the genre-defining epic that revolutionized adventure storytelling, rebuilt by Bluepoint Games with the power of PS4.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night hits this week and it's gonna be a wild ride. Get in and get funky.

A surprising release this week is Mega Man Legends as a PSOne classic, something I don't think any of us thought was possible. But it's gonna happen.

It's kind of digital heavy otherwise, but Samurai Warriors 4-II (I guess it's Xtreme Legends under a different name, basically) hits retail for PS4, as does Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Also there'll be an Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection demo...somehow. I would guess it might be a part of 1 (to show the main differences) or part of 2 for wow factor.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Yeah, Xtreme Legends is dead thanks to that dumb patent lawsuit from Capcom where they apparently invented expansions in 2002. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of "-II"s from now on.

Oh and the Uncharted Collection demo is from Uncharted 2.

Anyway, I'm playing Tearaway Unfolded now and it's as delightful as it was on the Vita. Most of the content so far is pretty similar (albeit with far better graphics), though I hear the later third of the game has been significantly changed. I'm hoping to have it and Volume done by the time the Uncharted Collection comes out next week.

How's Nobunaga's Ambition, Mogs?

Yeah, Xtreme Legends is dead thanks to that dumb patent lawsuit from Capcom where they apparently invented expansions in 2002. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of "-II"s from now on.

Oh and the Uncharted Collection demo is from Uncharted 2.

Anyway, I'm playing Tearaway Unfolded now and it's as delightful as it was on the Vita. Most of the content so far is pretty similar (albeit with far better graphics), though I hear the later third of the game has been significantly changed. I'm hoping to have it and Volume done by the time the Uncharted Collection comes out next week.

How's Nobunaga's Ambition, Mogs?

I'm digging it, really. I haven't played a whole lot, mainly just the tutorial and a little of a proper chapter, but it seems a lot more...I don't want to say streamlined, since that isn't a word I'd want to hear (especially after RTK12) but cuts out some of the fluff compared to some of the previous games. Things that you used to have to set to do every month that would take more than a month, like building buildings and raising bond with other Daimyos are now handled by the officer of your choice until it's done, with you having the option to recall them, rather than send them out again and again. So if you want your neighbor to have 100 bond, just send a diplomat out and he'll come back months later when they're at 100 Bond.

There's some counter-weights to that, of course - specifically in the case of bonds with other Daimyos, if you request reinforcements from them, it'll take away from your bond, since they know they're sending troops to die for your gain. So it's not just raise them to 100 and forget it for the rest of the game, nor is it 'random decay' from what I can tell.

My complaint right now is that I don't get the sorta...tactile feel of "I'm sending this guy to grow crops, this guy to patrol" etc., since you just pick develop and use up Labor to pick one focus (out of Crops, Crafts and Conscripts) per month. You get that with other stuff, of course, what with what I said about diplomats and the like, but still. I also had a little trouble with making an officer since it doesn't explain what anything does and I felt silly going to Google about it.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk 5! Please be good! I have faith!

Oh, so have you imported some of the other Nobunaga Ambition games and/or RTK12? The last RTK game I really put time into was RTK10 (albeit the Chinese PC version with English patch because region locking and RTK8 was the only one that ever got a PAL release) and I loved it. I'd create a character, wander around training and learning abilities, before letting a leader I liked recruit me and then make my way up the ranks. It was a lot of fun. I ended up buying the English PC version of RTK11 when that came out but never really put much time into it because it went back to the RTK9 style.

I take it from what you've said that it's closer to the strategy style of RTK9/11 than the more RPG-like RTK10? How's the port as well? I couldn't stand RTK8 on PS2, controlling that game with a controller just seemed so cumbersome and the load times were ridiculous.

Rise to Power and Iron Triangle actually did see (fairly limited) NA release, though I only managed to get a hold of RTP. But yeah, from what I understand, the NA games have always been a little closer to the Sim/Strat style of 9/11, given that you can only control a Daimyo, when RTK7, 8 and 10 were great because you could be anyone amongst the ranks. (Honestly, my favorite is probably 10, just eeks out over 8 because of some of the shenanigans you can pull as an officer/governor) Still, there is fun to be had to be in charge of everything.

I haven't found any particular load times to be bad (at least, I didn't notice and wasn't thinking to check), and the framerate didn't dip in the battle I played (though, granted, there were only three participants) but moving the cursor about when you need to (for Battles and to select different lands and such) is a bit slow. Also the default UI is horrendously small, though thankfully they give you an option for a bigger one.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Looks like that Iron Triangle game is on PSN for just $10. Huh.

uyvfOQy.png
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Rise to Power and Iron Triangle actually did see (fairly limited) NA release, though I only managed to get a hold of RTP. But yeah, from what I understand, the NA games have always been a little closer to the Sim/Strat style of 9/11, given that you can only control a Daimyo, when RTK7, 8 and 10 were great because you could be anyone amongst the ranks. (Honestly, my favorite is probably 10, just eeks out over 8 because of some of the shenanigans you can pull as an officer/governor) Still, there is fun to be had to be in charge of everything.

I haven't found any particular load times to be bad (at least, I didn't notice and wasn't thinking to check), and the framerate didn't dip in the battle I played (though, granted, there were only three participants) but moving the cursor about when you need to (for Battles and to select different lands and such) is a bit slow. Also the default UI is horrendously small, though thankfully they give you an option for a bigger one.

Really? Huh, for some reason I was under the impression this was the first Nobunaga's Ambition to be localised. I guess I just wasn't paying attention at the time. But as Reynolds said, both of Rise to Power and Iron Triangle seem to be on the US PSN.

I really liked RTK9 as well, so I'm guessing I'll like this too. I'll probably pick it up when I've cleared up the backlog a bit. Hopefully it does well enough to get Koei Tecmo to bring RTK13 over, because it sounds like that's going back to the RPG style.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm really excited for Uncharted Collection, and Wasteland 2. They're so close now you guys! And Persona DAN tomorrow!! Yissssss

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk 5! Please be good! I have faith!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIKzHAS1N_U

@UnbreakableVow Not sure if you've seen this, but it's pretty funny.

I also want Tony Hawk to be good.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Getting stuck in to the current PS+ titles. Really enjoying Grow Home, it's a wonderfully relaxing game of discovery.

STF:Ultra is also pretty much my perfect Vita game, I'm totally loving it and would never ever have given it a shot had it not been on PS+.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I hope Mega Man Legends 2 gets a PSN release eventually, too. It would bug the heck out of me to have just MML1 and Tron Bonne's Revenge.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PS4 firmware 3.0 is out tomorrow.

• AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Do we know what to expect?

NM, found some of it.

Asharad on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Just being able to take screenshots in .PNG format is huge for me. I hate you so much, artefacting!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Who's excited about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, huh!? Yeah!

Warning, 15mb gif: http://i.imgur.com/uwrzsvF.gif

I am

Also all games have bugs

I am

Also all games have bugs

Also that youtube video was cut using only an hour of gameplay footage.

I fully expected to see those kinds of videos today because everyone is primed to shit on the game

I could probably cut together an equally hilarious video using an hour of, say, The Witcher 3

Nothing personal. Just trying to save people some time, money, and frustration.

I suppose but at the same time I think the only people excited for THPS5 are cautiously optimistic at best

I am expecting to pay $60 today for a game that should be $20, $30 max

Barebones feature set at best, but as long as the core skating feels good and isn't so unbelievably buggy as to hinder my enjoyment I'll be satisfied with it

Activision was never going to fund a true sequel to Tony Hawk 4, sadly, but beggars can't be choosers and it's been well over a decade since the last enjoyable skateboarding game

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Did you dislike the Skate games? I'm not a skateboarding fan, but some of my friends are and they ate those games up.

edited September 2015
    I haaaaaate the Skate games

They are the Gran Turismo to Tony Hawk's Burnout, not really comparable

They're modeled to make doing a kickflip feel like an accomplishment, whereas I'd rather just hit left and Square and my accomplishment will be completing a line around the entirety of Alcatraz Island

UnbreakableVow on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    THPS5 looks pretty good. I doubt I'll ever be able to recapture those feels from my youth, playing THPS2 with my buddy, but it does look like a fun Tony Hawk game. I just don't see how they thought they could get away with releasing it at $60... I'm definitely waiting for a steep price cut, or the slim possibility of it being a PS+ game at some point years from now.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I'm still dumbfounded that it's this far in the current gen's lifetime and we've heard NOTHING about another SSX game. That game had solid reviews, was honestly really fun, had minimal DLC and online capabilities, and sold really well. And it's THAT game EA doesn't want to milk? I do not understand that publisher...

wbee62u815wj.png
    It sold really well?

I feel like I never heard that part

But yeah, fix the bottomless pits and SSX2 would be fantastic

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I am

Also all games have bugs

Sure, but not all bugs are created equal.

There's a difference between actively looking for glitchy scenarios, and having the bare bones core gameplay be glitchy.

That video makes it look like the latter. Unless jumping onto a rail or edge is supposed to launch you 50 feet into the air?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Does the game:

- Let me jump 30 foot in the air and spin around a lot?
    - Have an awesome selection of punk tunes?

If so, I'll probably buy it.

Those bug videos actually want me to play it more...

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    It sold really well?

I feel like I never heard that part

But yeah, fix the bottomless pits and SSX2 would be fantastic

I can honestly say it sold better than all those other snowboarding games out there. 8-)

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I'm still dumbfounded that it's this far in the current gen's lifetime and we've heard NOTHING about another SSX game. That game had solid reviews, was honestly really fun, had minimal DLC and online capabilities, and sold really well. And it's THAT game EA doesn't want to milk? I do not understand that publisher...

That's why.

kyrcl.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Holy christ, that's about the worst sign possible.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    There doesn't seem to have been a blog post about today's store update yet.

But

NBA 2K16, Poltergeist, Saint Seyia: Soldier's Soul and the new Skylanders are the new games I can see just looking at the store.
    Tony Hawk 5 is out Friday (in Ireland anyway) and there's an Uncharted Collection demo as well.

I'll do a full update if the blog post ever goes up.

Diarmuid on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that if you do not have a network connection on when you are playing the disc version, you can play the base levels and content just fine in private games (press the triangle button, not the x button. It's labeled at the bottom). It's a poor implementation because it checks for a network connection when loading the main game so it can dump you into an online lobby for that level, which on the PSN means "LOOK FOR PATCH". But with no network connection or signed out, you can do everything that's on the disc.

The patch does add another level to the thing and AC assets, at least according to the Update Notes. I'm not surprised that it's kind of big.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I haaaaaate the Skate games

They are the Gran Turismo to Tony Hawk's Burnout, not really comparable

They're modeled to make doing a kickflip feel like an accomplishment, whereas I'd rather just hit left and Square and my accomplishment will be completing a line around the entirety of Alcatraz Island

Skate may be more realistic than THPS, but it's still pretty silly and unrealistic in it's own right.

(I really miss Skate)

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I thought skate sold really well?