Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I too wish this was a 40k game. Makes me a bit sad to be honest. I've always wanted an inquisitor style game after reading the eisenhorn series.....

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    So, if you want to know when you get your first orange, Exotic tier item...watch your achievements, lol. I believe it was right before the EXP calculation, but roughly that time, the "Force of Nature" achievement popped for me. That's the achievement for getting an Exotic item.

Note, since it popped before my EXP calculation, this means the game knew I was getting an orange before I ever rolled the dice. Hardly matters for anything other than that achievement arguably spoiling the surprise of your first orange, but it makes the dice look even more rigged than they already are in an amusing way.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hard mode horn, top loot was helm trinket daggers trinket. Where does it land? Square on fucking daggers. Fuck you.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    canuckont wrote: »
    I too wish this was a 40k game. Makes me a bit sad to be honest. I've always wanted an inquisitor style game after reading the eisenhorn series.....

Speaking of Eisenhorn, I have a thread on Inquisitor Martyr

And actually speaking of Eisenhorn, I hear things about this http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/16/eisenhorn-xenos-trailer/

It's coming to PC and they seem to be trying.

That trailer looks rough though.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This is surprisingly good. The warhammer license hasn't got the love it deserves in pc gaming, this and hopefully warhammer total war will change that.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I really love the aesthetic of the firebolt staff for Bright Wizard. makes me feel like I'm Vegeta and shit. But oh my fuck does it run out of 'safe' heat almost instantly and takes three body shots to take down even the shittiest of rats. At least its charge shot is alright.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Have trouble doing Hard mode Smuggler's run

Decide to attempt to duo it with a friend. Markus Bot is 3x better then most Imperial Soldiers. Does the same damage (basically 0) but actually lives and doesn't wander off. Markus...you da real mvp. Did it non stop with Markus bot until a rat ogre at the end of the map killed our streak hard.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Man I just ran into the unicorn pug, a well oiled killing machine. One british guy was streaming, the other 2 were mostly silent but there was no need to talk because things just died. On Hard mode tower everyone took a total damage in the 200-320 range, with a rat ogre probably taking about 1/3rd of that.
    We were a bit lucky with few special spawns on the finale, but it was pretty great.

We confirmed that the jump back trick still worked. But if one of the teammates doesn't know it and jumps down before you do it, then you can't really test it.
    It sucks that my prize for this was a 3rd crappy green poison bow.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

Speaking of Eisenhorn, I have a thread on Inquisitor Martyr

And actually speaking of Eisenhorn, I hear things about this http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/16/eisenhorn-xenos-trailer/

It's coming to PC and they seem to be trying.

That trailer looks rough though.

Colour me mildly interested. Phone games aren't my thing.

If the port is done well I still won't be happy because it will never fulfill my dresser but I guess it'll do.

In other news I stabbed some rats in the face with a rapier last night before bed. First match was bust due right before the last elevator due to free for all running.

Second round won hard and got me a new set of pistols.

Should tie me over until FO4

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    The game's called vermentide but I really hope we eventually end up fighting other enemies(either in the base game or expansions/dlc)...chaos, tomb kings, dark elves, lizardmen...the license is ripe with potential.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    The game's called vermentide but I really hope we eventually end up fighting other enemies(either in the base game or expansions/dlc)...chaos, tomb kings, dark elves, lizardmen...the license is ripe with potential.

Their choice of name structures makes this seem pretty likely.

Warhammer: End Times - Greenskin Hordes
    Warhammer: End Times - Spawn of Chaos
    Warhammer: End Times - Vampire Legions

And so on

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Warhammer: End Times - Nagash

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Warhammer: End Times - Malal

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Warhammer: End Times - Malal

Thanks for leading me to a pretty cool wiki page!

Not sure how much of a challenge this would be though.
    Malal was the embodiment of Chaos' indiscriminate and anarchic tendency toward destruction, even of itself and its own agents.
    So essentially each map would boil down to finding the one remaining member of the various infighting Malal suicide squads who was unfortunate enough to get a defective cyanide pill.

Vic on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Played a bunch last night. Game is quite good, but not without its flaws.

Rats seem to have more range that the graphics would have you believe. The movement feels a little sluggish for my liking. And maybe it's just the Witch Hunter's hand cannons, but sometimes the bullets will miss the rats, making me think that the hitboxes are a little off.

Aside from the above though, I would give it an 8/10 so far. Having fun with it.

Fighting off the hordes is very efficient with everyone backed into a corner and swinging like mad men. I have no idea how you are supposed to beat the game on nightmare+ with friendly fire on. Looking forward to trying though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Svevin wrote: »
    And maybe it's just the Witch Hunter's hand cannons, but sometimes the bullets will miss the rats, making me think that the hitboxes are a little off.

Fighting off the hordes is very efficient with everyone backed into a corner and swinging like mad men. I have no idea how you are supposed to beat the game on nightmare+ with friendly fire on. Looking forward to trying though.
    Your cone of fire is every bit as big, if not bigger, than the fully expanded cross hairs indicate. Unless you're right on top of a rat it's pretty easy to miss with how small they are even with pin point weapons like a bow, let alone how inaccurate the pistols are for the witch hunter. Lag also plays a part. It's much, much easier landing head shots with anything when I'm farming with bots than it is in a full group if I'm not host. Not sure just how accurate body hit boxes are but with how accurate the head shot hit box seems to be, for both melee and ranged, it's probably a combo of movement, lag, and WH pistols being meh for accuracy.

On Nightmare and Cataclysm it's only ranged friendly fire. You can still stay stacked and be just fine as long as your Brightwizard realizes spells now hurt teammates. And set them on fire. Or when playing the Dwarf Drakefire the elf half to death with your pew pew dual pistols because you forgot you set it to Nightmare instead of Hard to bot farm like I did last night.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So there definitely is a problem with mobs late spawning sometimes. I had a horde where in the middle I just saw 4 enemies straight up appear in front of me, and in the same game we were fighting a single armored dude and suddenly the armor rat patrol runs in from 20 feet away and pwns us.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    I don't think the combat systems in place would work well for anything but Skaven and maybe goblins/orcs. Mowing through hordes of things with a pretty simple melee system is great for this but wouldn't feel fun fighting bigger enemies. The greenskin mix could be just right, though.

I think the enemy range thing is lag-related, but a lot of them have spears and can definitely seem like they're hitting you from really far away.

• Options
    Croaker wrote: »
    I don't think the combat systems in place would work well for anything but Skaven and maybe goblins/orcs. Mowing through hordes of things with a pretty simple melee system is great for this but wouldn't feel fun fighting bigger enemies. The greenskin mix could be just right, though.

I think the enemy range thing is lag-related, but a lot of them have spears and can definitely seem like they're hitting you from really far away.

I think having enemies that stray from the easily mowed down horde-style would be part of the reason other enemy factions would work as standalone expansions. New enemies shouldn't just be a reskin. The big problem is enemy mobility, I feel. Allowing the enemies to climb is absolutely key, and it makes less sense to have fully armored chaos warriors and zombies climb.

Orcs and Goblins certainly seem like the best fit though. You'd have a combination of skaven slave-like goblin hordes and less numerous but more durable orcs. Stormvermin are replaced by black orcs, and for special characters you have stuff like orc and goblin shamans, fanatics, squig riders, maybe a savage orc boss that works kind of like a charger.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    So there definitely is a problem with mobs late spawning sometimes. I had a horde where in the middle I just saw 4 enemies straight up appear in front of me, and in the same game we were fighting a single armored dude and suddenly the armor rat patrol runs in from 20 feet away and pwns us.
    The spawn system in general needs some tweaks. It either has a ton of bugs where layered RNG for spawns isn't kicking in, or it's just total RNG gonna RNG with no layers of what to spawn, where to spawn, and when to spawn for both items and enemies. Combined with the issue you mentioned about spawns just appearing wherever they damn well please rather than a room or hallway in front of or behind you and it can be a cluster.

I don't want them to tweak it a ton, I do like how some maps are just harder than hell because there's more special spawns than usual so things feel as different as possible even on the same map but it needs to be evened out at least a little. Things should not be able to literally spawn on top of you like they can now with how many side passages, doors, etc. they could spawn in players can't access.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I gots this!
    Steam: Span_Wolf

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    Croaker wrote: »

I think having enemies that stray from the easily mowed down horde-style would be part of the reason other enemy factions would work as standalone expansions. New enemies shouldn't just be a reskin. The big problem is enemy mobility, I feel. Allowing the enemies to climb is absolutely key, and it makes less sense to have fully armored chaos warriors and zombies climb.

Orcs and Goblins certainly seem like the best fit though. You'd have a combination of skaven slave-like goblin hordes and less numerous but more durable orcs. Stormvermin are replaced by black orcs, and for special characters you have stuff like orc and goblin shamans, fanatics, squig riders, maybe a savage orc boss that works kind of like a charger.

It works for Chaos too, with the hordes of Cultists, and then bigger enemies being Beastmen and Chaos Warriors, with elite Chosen / Zealots / Magus / etc.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Also, anyone going to create a PA Steam group for this?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It works for Chaos too, with the hordes of Cultists, and then bigger enemies being Beastmen and Chaos Warriors, with elite Chosen / Zealots / Magus / etc.

On that note there's an actual Mordheim game in early access(?) right now.

• Options
    Which I also have and havn't played much. It looked beautiful but wasn't very optimized...at least for my old card.

I really need to check it back out.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Are we doing a group for this or just adding people from the list in the OP?

Either way, I will be on for a couple hours here if anyone wants to join me! Will be interesting to see what gameplay is like without PUG-ing it up. Maybe I will try out a bot game in the mean-time.

*edit*
    I lied! backend issues have brought the server down! The skaven have apparently won.

Nice going dwarf who always ran ahead of the group. I hope your happy now.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Servers still down, much sadness. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Really enjoyed the combat in War of the Roses, another game they made. Really weighty and tactical, if not a lot stiffly animated. Looks like they've improved it quite a bit since then.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Due to "failed unauthorized tampering" wow, do they mean over the net kind of tampering...or did someone take a fireaxe to their server room?

Either way it's a real damn shame for a promising game to have this problem right out of the gate.

They reckon they'll be back up some time "Today" though.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Due to "failed unauthorized tampering" wow, do they mean over the net kind of tampering...or did someone take a fireaxe to their server room?

Either way it's a real damn shame for a promising game to have this problem right out of the gate.

They reckon they'll be back up some time "Today" though.

They're technically not even out of the gate for a few more days, so I'm not too concerned.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Hell naw, the melee focus makes it a proper WHFB title.
    I'm sooo wishing we'll get massacred by a goddamn 6m tall Vermin Lord somewhere in the final levels! :rotate:
    My group was talking about orcs as a class yesterday too, I can't see it happening (that's actually a thing that could've gone over better in 40k) but it would've been so badass for a 'berzerker' style hero.

• Options
    This format could work well in 40k as well. A space hulk kind of setting would be incredible.

I'm just glad we're finally getting warhammer games with some regularity, got a few turn based games this and eternal war for more shootery ones and total war.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbREAF-wmEg

The down time sucks but have a release trailer. There's definitely some embellishment in the fight scene, the elf flipping and wizard's fireball explosion being a full on anime beam attack the most noticeable, but most of those animations are either close or the exact same ones used in game. Pretty cool just like using the same docks layout you start Horn on. Might be the opening cinematic or part of it from full release when you begin act 1.

Column on
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hopefully, Space Hulk: Deathwing is as good as this.

Space_Hulk__Deathwing_64935.jpg
    Space-Hulk-Deathwing-Screenshot-Copy.jpg

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    New patch w/ new level:
    - Added new level: The Wizard's Tower
    - Fixed a number of sartup error
    - Fixed an exploit with speed boost potions
    - Fixed so that binding a key that's already bound unbinds the prev.
    - Added localization options to the launcher (RUssians is currently broken in certain menues)
    - Fixed a revive glitch with Rat Ogres
    - Several fixes to the Bot AI
    - Several localization fixes
    - Added a warning that connection has been lost to the backend server during a game rahter than waiting until end of round
    - Optimization fixes for the particules and physics

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    New Mission is pretty fun.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Man I forgot this team did war of the roses as well. I personally liked that more than Chivalry.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I'm a little bummed at how hard it is to get new gear tho, especially as an older gamer with less time. I enjoy the core gameplay but I'd like to get something useful every 2-3 hours rather than every 5 or so. Right now, stupid pubs wiping an otherwise good run costs me 20 minutes of limited gaming time.

I'm excited for release but ugh, I'm sick of crappy white weapons and barely better greens.

• Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    New patch w/ new level:
    - Added new level: The Wizard's Tower
    - Fixed a number of sartup error
    - Fixed an exploit with speed boost potions
    - Fixed so that binding a key that's already bound unbinds the prev.
    - Added localization options to the launcher (RUssians is currently broken in certain menues)
    - Fixed a revive glitch with Rat Ogres
    - Several fixes to the Bot AI
    - Several localization fixes
    - Added a warning that connection has been lost to the backend server during a game rahter than waiting until end of round
    - Optimization fixes for the particules and physics

I bet this speed potion exploit fix is for the end of Horn of Magnus where you can all hide on the safe side of the one way ledge and have one person sound horn then jump back.

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Spoiler about the new level in case people want to discover it for themselves:

So I guess there is a room/area (Hall of Illusions I think it's called) in the new map that looks totally different depending on which character you are playing. It is structurally the same, but the tile set is completely different.

One is a room of gold, one is an outdoor courtyard in daylight, etc.

I haven't had a chance to experience it, but I was watching a stream where the group playing confirmed it.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153