Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Khorne weekly event with additional challenges is up.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    I finished getting all the Khorne loot. I enjoyed the event which encouraged slaughter and found it challenging on Champion. However, when I play on Champion I feel Armchair looking down on me shaking his head saying "You can do better,son"
    I need the DLC soon though, I can feel the boredom coming. Also, I almost have enough red dust to upgrade whatever new weapon I get in the Winds DLC. I have gotten my money's worht out of this game. (Hours Played /Dollars Spent)

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Anyone trying out World War Z? Don't see a thread for it. It seems like an updated Left 4 Dead with classes and levels.

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Anyone trying out World War Z? Don't see a thread for it. It seems like an updated Left 4 Dead with classes and levels.

I haven't but I'll check out some trailers. I love the 4 player coop games the problem being if I can convince enough of my circle of friends to get them.
    Keeping an eye on:
    Dying Light 2
    GTFO
    Back4Blood
    Borderlands 3

Also, August seems a bit late for Winds Of Magic. I'm getting bored now. ;-)

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've been taking a break from vermintide for a few months. I'm probably rusty. I love the game but lack of interest from my friends hurts. I think that some of the them would have enjoyed trying out the other character's play styles, but that would require going back to level zero and none of my friends have hit level cap for the sole character that they'd played. I'm still looking forward to winds of magic though.

I've seen some stuff about the new dying light game. Whether or not I get it hinges entirely upon whether they bring back the grapple hook or not. No grapple is instant sale. Returning grapple is a deal breaker. The first game was really fun with it's parkour mechanics that turned the whole world into an engaging puzzle to solve. Then unlocking the grapple hook took a massive steaming dump on that core game feature by letting you just zip off to a rooftop at a moment's notice like spider man. You also couldn't just ignore it since people would inevitably be using it in co-op.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    The gameplay looks interesting for World War Z. They nail the tidal wave look of zombie hordes from the movie. They have different classes.

The downside though is that right now the PC version is only available on the Epic Mega Store, though I guess the upside to that is their current $10 discount on all games over $15 means that it's only $20 right now. But the other downside is it looks like the Epic Store has a horrible layout and the launcher doesn't have anywhere near the chat/friends/invitation functionality of Steam, which is kind of important for a multiplayer game.

• Options
    I have privacy concerns regarding the epic game store and any game exclusively on that platform might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    But you have to admit at least their business model of "compete with Steam using an inferior product and bringing nothing to the table but throwing money around for forced exclusives" is admirable!

• Options
    I submitted to Epic because they have too many games I want. Mainly The Outer Worlds but B3 as well. I too have concerns I do tell it not to remember my CC data but who knows if that actually works.

• Options
    Asking them to not store your cc info would only benefit you if you're concerned that a third party will compromise their systems and capture the stored data. It does nothing to protect your cc information if you're concerned about Epic themselves being untrustworthy.

That said, I haven't personally seen anything to suggest that Epic has been irresponsible with payment information.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    My life is complete:

https://www.vermintide.com/versus

I am so pumped. I loved l4d2 vs. Don't screw this up! :-)

• Options
    Apparently you can request to take part in a winds of magic beta.

https://www.vermintide.com/news/2019/5/28/winds-of-magic-coming-to-you-in-

Also, I found these:

zjqkotxfnznv.png

rtfzmtye78lp.png

nkfhthhf3wvu.png

6o07tfzayors.png

k565f6ch3stg.png

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Word on the street is that the beta also feature a massive talent re-work. Here's what I've seen.

Saltzpyre
    b5o6gvkxyan0.jpg

Kruber
    qarqml5nspz0.jpg
    The cutoff word for FK tier 5 pick 2 is "effects"

Kerillian
    rhyceq7z00t8.jpg

Sienna
    ekc33om2wa6y.jpg

Bardin
    ooc49qhzeqag.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'd prefer a Kerillian voice line rework.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the beta so you can ask me any questions you have!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
      MrBody wrote: »
      I'd prefer a Kerillian voice line rework.

I bet you would, mayfly!

• Options
      Looks awesome. I may not be smart enough to forge Weave Weapons. It'll probably make sens when I see it. Wow, Weaves+VS+forging/upgrading goodness. I'm getting excited again for this game.

So Fiji:
      Does Player Power or Weapon power go over 300 now?
      What does increased level cap actually do?
      Does Cataclysm have a better chance of Reds or special rewards? One problem I had with the weekly mutations was it only offered more xp and I'm like 30+100 already. I do them once for fun then never again. I need some cheese to chase.

• Options
      Does Player Power or Weapon power go over 300 now?
      I been playing with all the chars a little yesterday (about 2 with each) so never got one to 31 but a guy I was playing with said player power will go up but doesn't know about weapon power. I hope that's true just so my reds aren't obsolete.

What does increased level cap actually do?
      Talent trees above 25, but I imagine it's for more power for the Cataclysm level beyond Legend.

Does Cataclysm have a better chance of Reds or special rewards?

No idea on this. I haven't played this mode yet. I was just trying to figure out these new menus. The fighting seems off from before. I can't really articulate it but I'm thinking it has to do with staggering.

• Options
        I've read that cataclysm is kinda tiresome right now and is just swarms 24/7. Part of the magic of this style of game is for the ai director to give you lulls to give you contrast to the chaos and to give you a moment to take in the ambience and listen to the characters banter. I hope that they end up tuning it before launch.

@TimfijI , can you provide any feedback about whether or not the talent rework info that I found on the web matches up with what you've see in the game. I like that the temp health talents are moved to tier 1. They were the biggest hurdle for intermediate players swapping characters once they were comfortable with the later difficulties.

3DS Friend Code:
      • Options
        BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
        I didn't notice any increased frequency in Cata hordes, but the hordes come with shields, elites and special spawns. Certain events like the portcullis in Righteous Stand now also have significantly increased special spawns.

But with the lvl30 talents and correct loadouts, it didn't feel like a huge step up over Legend for a reasonable group.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
      • Options
        I've read that cataclysm is kinda tiresome right now and is just swarms 24/7. Part of the magic of this style of game is for the ai director to give you lulls to give you contrast to the chaos and to give you a moment to take in the ambience and listen to the characters banter. I hope that they end up tuning it before launch.

@TimfijI , can you provide any feedback about whether or not the talent rework info that I found on the web matches up with what you've see in the game. I like that the temp health talents are moved to tier 1. They were the biggest hurdle for intermediate players swapping characters once they were comfortable with the later difficulties.

I can check later. Won't be able to play till this evening

• Options
          Oh hey, apparently alienware has a few thousand keys for the beta. I forgot that I registered on their forums for some other giveaway event ages ago.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2037273/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/vermintide-2-winds-of-change-closed-beta-key-giveaway

3DS Friend Code:
        • Options
          Oh hey, apparently alienware has a few thousand keys for the beta. I forgot that I registered on their forums for some other giveaway event ages ago.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2037273/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/vermintide-2-winds-of-change-closed-beta-key-giveaway

Yeah I compared your lists with 2 of the chars and they match. There's a 6th tier in the game though that your list doesn't have.

• Options
            I installed the beta tonight, but didn't have a chance to play any rounds. I did goof off in the courtyard with the training dummies though. I think that the throwing axes look like they have a LOT of potential. I'm actually thinking about running them on RV. I need to run some numbers, but they looked like they were doing very respectable damage against the SV dummies with bodyshots. It suffers at long range, but I think that the aimed throws might be serviceable at longer ranges once you have some experience with the weapons.

I like the idea of running RV with throwing axes with either dual hammers or pickaxe as the melee. It should have the capability to bring a lot to the table:
            *Pixaxe and dual hammers have solid anti-horde performance and can deal with armored opponents.
            *RV gets 5 throwing axes. That should be enough to allow him to be pretty liberal with their use and even "waste" them on mere elites like maulers and SV since he can just pick them up or recall them again. The extra ammo before needing to replenish the axes should allow you to be more liberal with using them to nail specials, such as getting the arc down on a long throw or nailing a squarely gutter runner.
            *The now merged bomb/potion talent cuts down on the bomb drop rate, but it should make it easier for RV to prep the strength potion+bomb combo. Especially with tri-pot gear. I need to test stuff, but on live a strength pot boosted bomb will kill a legend CW in one hit.
            *The new smokebomb talent lets RV get a guaranteed free bomb throw per activation. This should offset the decrease in bomb drop rate by giving him leeway to toss a free bomb about when needed. On its own, two guaranteed bombs is devastating against patrols. With the aforementioned strength pot/bombs, RV should be able to outright solo patrols in seconds.
            *The smokebomb knockback, combined with the two guaranteed bomb throws, should also give RV pretty great potential for knocking bosses off cliffs in a pinch.

It also means that 100% of the survivalist ammo drops can go towards supporting the team.

The throwing axes also have neat synergy with two of the level 10 talents. It allows RV to make more realistic use of the "bonus melee damage when out of ammo" talent since he's never more than a few seconds away from full ammo for ranged attacks. That said, seconds can be an eternity away in legend+, and I'm not sure yet if that bonus damage lets him hit relevant breakpoints. The second talent is the "accelerate ult timer by 2 seconds whenever you reload a weapon." Since tossing each axe counts as reloading the weapon, you can very quickly shave 10 seconds off of your ult time. Furthermore, since you can replenish your ammo at will, you could even just spend time tossing axes about willy nilly during downtime to accelerate your ult timer at any point in the game.

3DS Friend Code:
          • Options
            redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular
            I just started playing this, is there a good place to look for groups with voice?

• Options
            Maybe Discord?

I dunno. This game is awful to people behind the level curve. Every public group auto kicks you and even friend groups avoid you because you're a liability at higher difficulties and lower difficulties are a waste of their time for loot grinding.

I think I just prefer the original with minor loot differences and no levels. I wish they had the talent tree, but just gave you full points to play with from the start. It's too much of a soul crushing grind (that nobody wants to team with you for) before you get enough talent points to experiment meaningfully with.

• Options
            edited June 2019
            HOST!!!

The trick for lowbies or when leveling alts is to HOST. Silly geese can't kick you when you're the host, and the bots are honestly more adept than the average random that I get on my teams. They just cannot fight chaos spawns.

General_Armchair on
            3DS Friend Code:
          • Options
            Anyone got the rumored level 6 skill trees to peruse?

• Options
            They were mostly the same stuff across everyone. IIRC it was something like :
            *straight hero power increase
            *treat the first hit against enemies as if the enemy was staggered
            *bonus damage against staggered enemies.

3DS Friend Code:
          • Options
            TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
            edited August 2019
            I think Winds of Magic has a release date of August 13th! $20 price tag and a 37gig update on the game.

Looking forward to some new ratBeastmen killing

*Edit, logged in after update, and it appears to be live now!

TetraRay on
            Steam ID: TetraRay
          • Options
            ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
            the balance patch is live

I am...not happy about the Waystalker changes

• Options
            FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
            Shorty wrote: »
            the balance patch is live

I am...not happy about the Waystalker changes

Anything in particular?

• Options
            edited August 2019
            yeah

so, taking away her infinite ammo was a good idea, imo; frankly they should have done it a year ago

however, they also took away the thp on skill talent, and didn't really give her anything in return

you can use her skill a lot now but the thing about it is that it's always been one of the weakest--it's only good against specials and bosses, it doesn't do anything against hordes or more than one elite, and before, that was alright because it could at least keep you alive

I haven't gotten to level 35 with her yet and I'm intrigued by some of the talent choices there but I don't expect that it will make her not feel like she's been nerfed into the dirt

which is weird, because Waystalker was already Kerillian's weakest career before the patch

Shorty on
          • Options
            Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
            Base game is 75% off right now on Steam.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
            XBL: InvaderJims
            Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
          • Options
            Bought the DLC.
            Loaded up game.
            Surprised it looked active.
            Got on with my regulars and ran The Meteor Mission on Legend.
            Succeeded but it was ridiculous. Our Dwarf revived people 11 times.

Alot of fun but I haven't quite figured out how to handle the charging guys. If I notice them I can sidestep but often they spawn in a horde and get lost and my first notice of them is being smacked.

Also I did 12000 damage as Kreuber. I average 6-7k so it was a long mission made longer by us looking for tomes. We found 1 and no grimms but the DLC has made me itch to play again so well worth the 20 bucks.

• Options
            RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
            The OP was updated to include the expansion.

oHw5R0V.jpg
          • Options
            my only criticism of the beastmen is that they're all too dark and have the same general outline so it's really difficult to tell the specials from the standard mooks

• Options
            Anyone else had issue with standard bearers spawning behind walls where you can't get them but their hordes coming endlessly? We've had to retreat a good ways a couple time to force the SB to move out his hidey hole.

• Options
            BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
            Haven't done any weaves yet, but I just finished the new level. What an amazing bunch of set pieces. Focused and beautiful.

The beastmen are fun enemies, too. They do a lot of things to really spice things up. I haven't had banners spawn in an impossible location yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I am having a really hard time keeping up any useful level of temp health, but it's also been a while since I played the game, so that could have something to do with it.

• Options
            they put out a hotfix uh...yesterday, I think, that made tph on cleave usable again, but it's still nowhere near as strong as it was (which is fine, it was dumb before)

with most weapons you're better off using tph on kill, if you have access to it, with tph on crit/headshot being the next most desirable

the same hotfix also adjusted stagger multipliers for each difficulty so Legend is actually fine now, though the terror events are all bonks hard (which is probably for the best)