Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    There was a big sale on Steam where this was on for around $8 so there are a lot of new players online

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    3x XP event for the next 10 days :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    Chaos Wastes April 20th. Going to be free DLC but the are releasing paid weapons and cosmetics at the same time.
    I still play some so I'm a little excited, looks like a map series where you vote on which way to go so multiple paths?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/552500/discussions/0/3174449951083020279/

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Is the game finally good? My group wanted to get back in with the Winds of Winter but it seemed like everyone I asked mentioned it was unbalanced and buggy.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Though the conditions of the pilgrimage mean the Ubersreik Five must venture north with little more than makeshift weapons and their own innate skills, they will not want for weapons. The landscape is dotted with altars, in which can be found mighty armaments and powerful boons employed by those who have trod the paths before.

Such gifts are not free for the taking, however. To take up the arms of their predecessors, the Ubersreik Five must offer Pilgrim’s Coins to receive the altar’s bounty. The more coins the altar demands, the more powerful the gift to be found within …

Oh, cool, another game mode where you can't take any of the gear you grinded for in the main game and are expected to grind a full set of gear all over again. How exciting.

I guess I can't really complain since it's free, but what's so horrible about just making more story missions?

• Options
    Ok, Played one full set of maps on the Chaos Wastes with my regular crew and it was alot of fun.
    The biggest downside was that it took a long time, around 90-100min but it was our first time and we were nook and crannying.

So you get a map with multiple paths and you vote on the next place to go. each place has plusses and minus's and a reward for completing that map. So one map may be +elites,-monstes,+hordes with +60%
    block angle and another may be no elites,+monsters,plus hordes with a 10% crit reward. Your rewards carry over to each map of the run.

You start out with 400str weapons and there are shrines that let you increase power or swap it for a random more powerful weapon. This takes coins you find along the way and the coins promote nook and cranny disease. I ended up with a red staff and less powerful melee.

There are tons of ways to spend coins, random boons which are awesome and last the run, certain places allow you to buy party buffs. I bought elites have a chance of dropping items and evidently the chance is 100% because potions and bombs were dropping everywhere. Not sure what the cap on the number of boons were but I had a ton. Also many new potions I have no idea what they do but the potion of infinite bombs is self explanatory.

Eventually we got to an ending where we had to kill creatures in a circle to power a ritual which I am sure is not evil at all. ton of fun, played and succeeded on Champion, not sure we would have made it on Legend.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Played the new mode last night with a couple of friends. You can get some pretty op builds sometimes. I forget everything he had, but near the end of one run a friend had a boon that made grenades both fire and explosive and another boon that increased potion duration by 50%. With the infinite grenade potion he was throwing out super grenades for about 2 minutes a time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Chaos Wastes kind of feels like it should just be the whole game? Like it dispenses with the dumb grindy/crafty stuff that has always been the game's weak point and just lets you get swole and upgrade your stuff in a mini adventure that has a defined endpoint. I like it a lot.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    spear and shield kruber is so legit

having a lot of fun in the new mode

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Chaos Wastes kind of feels like it should just be the whole game? Like it dispenses with the dumb grindy/crafty stuff that has always been the game's weak point and just lets you get swole and upgrade your stuff in a mini adventure that has a defined endpoint. I like it a lot.

Whoah. That sounds really cool. I'll just go over and reinstall so....NINETY GIGABYTES wtfffff???????

• Options
    Yeah it's rull big. In fairness it only takes up... well... eighty gig when it's done installing. The patch that introduced this new game mode was something like 50 gig by itself.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The new mode is great but OH MY GOD it is disgustingly apparent that a disgustingly large percentage of the playerbase hasn't the single slightest clue how to deal with beastmen. Too many have been just avoiding WoM or disabling the DLC to avoid them outright.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I fired up Chaos Wastes solo so I could look around and not have to slow anyone down or deal with any randos. I don't know man, I breezed through every level, doing every challenge I found, without a single issue only to get completely swamped in the last one. A big part of it was the random weapon shrines, which means you might have a build specifically for one type of weapon and you may never get it over the course of a game. I guess you could just hold out for upgrade shrines though, but I only saw a couple of those. I went in with foot knight Kruber with a sword and shield (I like faster weapons, charging, and smacking rats around with shield bashes) and ended up getting nothing but slow weapons like two handed swords and hammers over and over again.

I got the message during the first bonus area saying that "the coins you pick up are your own", are pilgrim coins not given to everyone when one person picks them up in multiplayer? It seems like playing with randos would be pretty miserable since I would guess people would be running ahead doing mad dashes for any coin boxes that showed up.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I was really enjoying this game at first. But the more I’ve played it the more I kind of started just getting frustrated at the relentless grinding aspects. Also I really want a really good single player focused first person melee game where I can kick people again.

In a fun aside, I played an entire game not realising it’s always on MP wise. Didn’t even know he wasn’t a bot until the very end of the game.

I wonder if he thought I was a bot!?!?

Edit: To make my AI bot friends effective, do I need to play and level up each one independently?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I got the message during the first bonus area saying that "the coins you pick up are your own", are pilgrim coins not given to everyone when one person picks them up in multiplayer? It seems like playing with randos would be pretty miserable since I would guess people would be running ahead doing mad dashes for any coin boxes that showed up.

Every coin pickup gives everyone on the team an equal amount of coins. That tooltip must have just been an awkward way of wording the idea that you can feel free to spend all the coins you have without worrying about other people needing them.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Edit: To make my AI bot friends effective, do I need to play and level up each one independently?

Yeah each bot uses whatever class you used on them last, with your gear, etc. so if you want to keep playing solo, eventually you'll want to switch characters to level up the bots.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    In a vacuum, there is no reason to fret about picking up the coins. The whole party benefits. There is one aspect that I'm not fully certain about though. Within an expedition, there is a new +pilgrims coins weapon trait that your weapons can get. I'm uncertain precisely how it works. I think that there are 4 possible choices.

1: When anyone picks up coins, the amount that you receive increases.
    2: When anyone picks up coins, the amount that you receive increases if you have that weapon equipped.
    3: When you pick up coins, the amount that you receive increases.
    4: When you pick up coins, the amount that you receive increases if you have that weapon equipped.

Actually, now that I type it out, I suppose that I didn't even consider if such a weapon trait might influence the amount of coins that your teammates receive. If my friends would get one we could investigate a bit, but I'm not worrying about it too much in pugs.

Right now I pretty much have the following opinions about coin management.
    • I dislike the random weapon replacement stations and prefer the weapon upgrade stations. IMO a white weapon that you're competent with is better than a red weapon that you are bad with.
    • I think that it's better to save coins by postponing weapon upgrades until at least orange quality weapons are available.
    • I dislike visiting the shrines on the planning map since IMO I get more value out of playing a map. There are decent odds of a monster chest being in a map, and I feel like the average monster chest has about the same quality of goodies as a shrine. Combined with extra coin income and the guaranteed boon for map completion, I just feel like on average playing a map is more valuable than visiting a shrine.
    • When I know that I'm visiting a shrine, try to save 500+ coins for the visit
    • Try to maintain 320+ coins during the final few zones to be able to afford a weapon upgrade station.

There are some considerations that I haven't fully analyzed yet. Notably the first is the chance to get a +coins trait on a weapon. Is it worth grabbing an early weapon upgrade to gamble on getting that trait to multiply coin gains? Also, are any careers capable of crossing any notable breakpoints based upon the raw weapon power upgrade alone from one or two green or blue upgrades? Some characters can probably freely gamble their secondary weapon. All of the elf's choice's are decent for example IMO, although at present I'd rather stick with the kinda busted moonbow.

I also feel like many of the miracles from the shrines are kind of garbage and not worth buying in general? With exceptions being if it's prior to the finale or if you have boons to multiply it.

Shrine of Strife
    • Miracle of Grimnir (kill a super-monster to get a 20% HP gain): I don't feel like the reward is sufficient enough, and the super-monster is a bit of a wipe hazard if it attacks you at an inopportune spot. A lot of the expedition maps contain a lot of bottomless cliffs that make monsters hazardous. I have lost multiple expeditions at the finale because someone who wasn't paying attention bought this right before the big crazy arena fight.
    • Miracle of Morgrim: A big super bomb with a huge 5 second delay. I kind of question the value of it, but I recently read that it has zero friendly fire so that may make it far more useful than I originally expected it to be. Maybe be particularly nice if someone gets the item dupe boon.
    • Miracle of Ulric: Permanently increases your weapon power by 50. Notably the bonus is lost if you upgrade your weapons. Might be of some use if you have nothing better to spend coins on at the late game, but is IMO worthless near the start

Shrine of Harmony
    • Miracle of Shallya: Temp HP is converted to true HP for the next level. This miracle is extremely powerful, but IMO a waste since it only lasts for one level. IMO it's a slam dunk auto-purchase if the next level is the finale, but otherwise a skip.
    • Miracle of Isha: when last party member is downed, they get restored to full HP and nearby enemies are knocked back. Useful safety net since it lasts forever, however it's a waste if the teammate doesn't capitalize on the knockback. I've seen it wasted a lot where the last player will get a moment's reprieve, fail to capitalize on it, and then get downed again moments later.
    • Miracle of Rhya: Healing item that deploys an AOE healing aura for 2 minutes. It's a very strong item for the finale, but it kind of wastes your healing item slot until then. Might be of some more value if your career is REALLY good at self healing for the interim, if the next map is the finale, or if you luck into the item dupe boon

Shrine of fortune
    • Miracle of Smednir: Gain extra coins on the next level, but everyone takes extra damage. IMO very useful early on, of less use near the end of the campaign. I've seen many people buy this before the finale and I wanted to strangle them.
    • Miracle of ranald: Elites and specials have a chance to drop potions and bombs upon death. IMO generally a waste since players normally kit themselves up with gear over the course of a run, and only consume the potions/bombs in emergencies. Could be useful in the finale. Could also be useful if you are trying to stack the deck to find a good potion to synergize with the "shalya's brew" boon that gives you free potion activations upon skill usage.

So it's basically just Smednir, Isha, and Maybe Rhya that I'd consider buying if the map immediately after the shrine isn't the finale.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So it sounds like Chaos wastes is pretty fun. I'm trying to remember, but did they fix the beastmen? Seems like they had hitbox issues or something? Also if I remember, they messed up blocking? Did that get resolved?

• Options
    Maybe? I know that I quit shortly after WoM because they messed with the combat system a lot. After a few months they dialed the changes down a bit and did some polishing, and I found the system more palatable again.

Beastmen still give a lot of parties a lot of trouble. I think it's because they're hardier enemies that don't crumple to button mashing as easily as the other factions. You need to be a bit more attentive with your dodging and pushing against them. Also a lot of them have longer ranged jab attacks with their spears that throws people off. The archers are a bit annoying too. Banner spam also seems to mess a lot of people up. Especially if nobody on the team has a skill that lets them safely disable the banner.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I finished a Citadel run as the Pyromancer on champion. It was a very ridiculous finale where we dropped a relic to protect us from poison and fought in a bubble. I think we had 2 monsters and more specials then we could count. I'm really enjoying the wastes it makes it feel fresh again and should last me until October when Back4Blood comes out. ;-)

Becoming a living God with all the boons makes the ridiculousness at the end fun.

• Options
    I've been running legend expeditions to try to farm some emperor's vaults. I've been having the most luck with coghammer/Masterwork pistol ranger veteran with the ranger's parting gift talent at 30 (which lets my skill provide free bomb usages).

A lot of my pug teams, oh so very many of my pug teams, struggle VERY hard when it comes to dealing with monsters and patrols. I've lost count of the number of people who don't take any action to avoid an approaching patrol during a horde or in some locations while during a monster fight. Having a free firebomb on hand, and potentially two in succession, goes a long way towards cleaning up elite swarms when teammates kick the hornet's nest. The MWP plus the smoke bomb are also very potent against monsters, especially when combined with a strength boosting potion. If a teammate walks in front of you, when you're DPSing the monster, then just shoot through them even if it kills them. RV spamming the MWP during monster fights is neither new nor novel. You're trying to stay close to the monster in the first place so that you can't miss, so if they walk in front of you then they're just the sort of person who needs to get burnt by the stove to learn that it's hot. Let them learn that lesson.

But the real power comes from three boons that can provide SIGNIFICANT power spikes to RV.

The first is technically two boons, but they do the same thing. There are two double projectile boons. One with 100% uptime and one with limited uptime after using an item. Both let bardin easily solo bosses within a single magazine of the MWP if he drinks a strength boosting potion first.

The slightly more reliable power spike comes from Morgrim's bomb that can be picked up at any shrine of strife. Since ranger's parting gift gives RV free bomb usages, then he can repeatedly re-use the big bomb. That bomb will singlehandedly delete entire patrols and rip a good 30-40% out of a legend monster's HP bar. It also has no friendly fire damage, which is nice.

RV also synergizes pretty well with some of the general survivability boons like the heal upon ammo pickup boon or the heal on damage over time boon (with fire bombs prior to getting morgrim's bomb).

You just need to watch out when it comes to getting a few boons.
    *Sigmar's twin comet that lets you throw double bombs will negate ranger's parting gift for some reason, so your gimmick to repeatedly re-use the same bomb gets brought to a halt.
    *Gork and Mork's wild ride is terrible on RV just like it is terrible on everyone
    *Natural bond is still pretty bad, but hopefully not catastrophically so
    *Khaine's fury can be pretty awkward, but RV with coghammer can generate a lot of temp HP once you get some of the other +healing boons, so that equates to a lot of extra damage if you can also spec into some extra healing.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I usually play with a set group but I played with some randoms and this Engineer was totally slaughtering monsters, like sometimes I didn't even damage them before they were dead, he was using the cog pistol.

I got an amusing boon that duplicated an item I was carrying when I used my special. It had a cooldown but it wasn't that long. I only picked up a healing potion and was dropping them everywhere. It was a healing potion bonanza.

Normally I get a potion of endless bombs and sit on it until a monster pops out or some nice person as you mentioned above triggers the patrol.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I'd wager that the OE was probably using his chaingun. It does pretty respectable boss damage, especially if you're playing on champion. The MWP does decent boss damage on its own, but what makes it so good for killing bosses for RV is stacking +damage effects like RV's smoke bomb to push the damage over the top.

I very much dislike the potion of endless bombs. It does have a lot of fire power, but while active it degrades your movement speed and you can't put the bombs down to block anything. The potion has gotten me killed enough times that I just ignore them now. I went through quite the panic attack the other day when playing as slayer, had the boon which gave me a chance at free potion activations upon using my skill, and a player gave me the potion before picking up a different one. It was a very hectic map and there wasn't room at all to safely use the potion. I was stuck without my career skill until I could find a different potion to replace it with.

If you get that item dupe boon again on a career with a relatively fast cooldown, try to duplicate the Jade Censure healing item from the shrine of harmony. It's a very potent item. Having just one for the big finale is pretty potent at holding out against the swarms. Having 2-3 for the team to cycle through is even better.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So far my overall strategy for managing coins is the following:
    • Ignore random weapon exchanges
    • Ignore blue and green weapon upgrade stations
    • budget ~500+ coins when our next stop is a shrine
    • in the second half of the map, budget for an orange weapon upgrade and a red weapon upgrade
    • with the above budgeting concerns in mind, spend on random boons whenever my budget allows.

On the topic of blue and green weapon upgrades, I believe it may be possible for some characters to have notable breakpoints that can be reliably achieved with the weapon power from some combination of blue or green upgrades, and if that's the case then I think such upgrades may be viable. I simply haven't encountered such a breakpoint yet. Also, there is the topic of gambling to try to get a +coins property on your weapon early in the run. I think that the odds of that gambit paying off are pretty poor, but you can always yolo it I guess. They're not that expensive I suppose.

Also, if possible I try to progress through a route that will have a shrine immediately prior to the finale. Namely shrine of harmony or shrine of fortune. The healing miracles from the shrine of harmony are all good to have going into the finale, and the shrine of fortune's "elites can drop potions and bombs" miracle is also useful.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm starting to get fed up with handmaidens spoiling my chaos wastes runs. I'm tired of all of the friendly fire inflicted by that the overtuned moonfire bow. People originally thought that fatshark was just ignorant of the lore and didn't know that the moonfire bow is used against the forces of order and the starfire bow against the forces of chaos, but now I think that they know quite well who the elf usually shoots. I'm tired of HMs just bailing on the team. Especially in that "Anor Londo" map right before the citadel finale. We'll get some big mixed horde coming at us, the team as a whole gets ready to repulse it, and the then handmaiden is all "teeheehee, sucks to be you all. STAR AND SHADOW. HELP ME MAYFLIES!!" as she dashes herself off a damn cliff. Then I start seeing cascading failure as the rest of my pug overextends trying to save her worthless behind instead of letting the deadweight take a dirt nap and spend a minute contemplating her mistakes.

I see them running around with their twin swords killing harmless chaff and then just running away whenever any elite shows up. I know that the career is potent if you understand the fundamentals with all of the the stamina regen, dodge, and attack speed boosts that it gets, but 99% only ever just run away. I'm just gonna start refusing to host if an HM tries to join. Bots are dumb but they understand the buddy system, which is more than I can say about 99% of HMs.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Hah, I used to be scared of the Bounty Hunter criting me with his crossbow or getting in front his special but the other day I was at about 80% health and a Gutter Runner Jumped on me. The Elf immediately "SAVED" me with the Moonfire Bow and knocked me down to about 10% health,

I get more annoyed with the people, usually a Handmaiden running off by themselves because they figure they can ghost back to us if they get into trouble. I have not had alot of luck with randoms creating a well coordinating team.

Partly because nobody uses voice chat. I use it but I feel awkward because most of the time its just me using it. However, you can coordinate waaaaay better with voice. Though I love it when I say, "I'm checking this dead end for coins" and when I'm done the rest of the group is 1/2 way across the map.

I do enjoy Chaos Wastes though, I've been playing a bunch more.

Hopefully Darktide won't be terrible but I can't imagine me playing a bunch of both so it may kill Vermintide playing when it comes out.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    The elf got her new career today, and it's completely busted. It's a "support" career with an moderate sized healthbar, ridiculous temp HP regeneration, and damage output that's off the charts.

One of her passives lets her have two casts of her skill ready at once. With a level 30 skill, the underwhelming shrubbery wall becomes a very potent nuke with damage over time effect. Then get a load of this talent synergy:
    • A level 20 talent "vastly increases her combat potency fir 15 seconds" whenever she uses her passive "free ult." It's a terrible tooltip, but it seems to boost all of her stats by some unknown but high value.
    • Whenever she lands a critical hit against a target, it applies a fairly potent and stackable bleed thanks to a level 10 talent
    • Whenever anyone uses a career skill, she gains three guaranteed critical strikes thanks to a level 25 talent. This number stacks until consumed.
    • Her new staff attacks by throwing a four shot burst of thorns. Each attack consumes one of her free crits. Each individual thorn applies the stackable bleed.

So if you're keeping count, when a monster shows up she can nuke it with two career skill activations for decent damage and bleed. That puts her into a super-Saiyan state where her everything is boosted for 15 seconds and gives her six guranteed crits. Those guranteed crits apply 24 instances of the bleed when you spam her staff against the boss monster. If any of your teammates use their skills, then you get an extra 3 crits and 12 instances of the bleed if you keep spamming. The monster just melts.

Oh and her skill? It's only on a 40 second cooldown. Feel free to toss it out into a dense horde of mobs. You have the free passive use as backup if you end up desperately needing it later. If you burn the free passive too? Well that passive extra activation only has a 60 second cooldown. Assuming that you didn't spam them back to back, your normal skill-meter activation should be off cooldown in a few sconds anyway.

Oh, and it's great against patrols too less because of the stacking dots and more because of the AOE nukes/bleed and the super-saiyan mode.

Then when it comes to special sniping, that staff's thorns aren't quite the most spectular at quickly sniping a target. But the alternative fire mode will instantaneously lift the target into the air and keep them incapacitated for several seconds. So breakpoints be damned. The special is out of action until it can be dealt with.

Finally, on the survivability point, she has 125 health baseline and passively gives the entire team +25% healing, which as we all know boosts temp HP regeneration. However an additional passive baked into her kit makes allied temp HP be shunted to her in the event that the ally is already at full HP. So you potentially have the temp HP income of the entire team flowing into you. It's just kinda crazy.

Oh yeah, she also got a throwing spear that seems to be a better throwing axe. That's kinda overshadowed by the staff on Sister of the Thorn. It looks like it's good on other careers, but it's competing against the Moonbow so I'm not sure which is most busted.

EDIT:
    holy crap, after playing alongside some Thorns that opted to keep the regular wall instead of grabbing the amazing damage nuke option, I have to solidly say that I'm confident that sticking with the wall is always the wrong choice. It was constantly getting in the team's way, only ever actually slowed the enemy down if a narrow hallway was present to chokepoint the enemies, said successful slowdown only clumped the enemies up into a hazardous hyper stacks. It's like everything bad about having a troll Mei from Overwatch on your team. Just don't take the thorn wall ever. That damage nuke option is S+ tier.

edit2:
    I hopped into the modded realm and did some testing of the damaging version of the thorn ult. I suppose I had a skaven/armor charm equipped, but it instantly killed legend stormvermin/shield vermin with the initial damage component of the skill. Plague monks and marauders would die moments after the bleed ticks began. Big chunks would be ripped out of Chaos Warriors. The freebie activation from the passive, which triggers super saiyan mode, boosts the damage of the skill and causes the bleed to hurt the CWs. It takes a few moments but the super saiyan boosted bleed will finish off the chaos warrior. I'm definitely standing by my earlier opinion that you'd need to be stupid to pass up this quick AOE nuke that can quickly delete threats in favor of taking the wall of shrubbery which might be able to delay those threats for a few seconds if you are fortunate enough to have a narrow chokepoint to pair alongside the shrubbery.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    .....that all sounds.....fair.......
    They really love the Elf at Fatshark don't they.

• Options
    She's pretty crazy. Although the queues are a bit of a mess right now. You have to wait forever for players to join if you decide to host a game as the elf (you will NOT join an existing game as an elf). If you don't play as elf, a lot of them are oddly fond of the wall. I've seen them split the party with that stupid shrub and block of teammates' avenue of escape so many times.

Also, I've seen some claims that bleed stacks cap out at 5. That might be true, but the monsters still melt if you just stack up crits and go to town with the staff. It's not quite enough to 100-0 them in one rotation, but they'll be really close to dead by the end.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Well since we're getting a Warhammer steam sale. What DLC's should I look at to get back into this? Sounds like the elf one is good.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Back to ubersreik has the best maps. As for the rest of the DLC, IMO just grab the ones that have the careers and/or weapons that you want to play with. The Winds of Magic DLC's namesake game mode was a 100% flop, and the one new map that it added isn't anything special. Bogenhafen has two maps, one that I like and one with an annoying extra long dark torch segment. But IMO both maps are just really long.

The new elf career is REALLY strong, but expect long queue times if you try to play as the elf for the next few weeks. In fact, expect to host 100% of the time if you want to play as the elf, and even then you'll be waiting a bit for other players to join.

Grail Knight is strong, but requires some care since he can't shoot specials. The bret longsword is good but you need to know the attack patterns to get maximum value out of it. It's not a bash-m1 style weapon. Bret Sword and Board is my favorite shield weapon, but it's locked to GK.

Outcast engineer needs several buffs. He's arguably the weakest career in the game by a respectable margin. However the weapons from the DLC are very good. The coghammer is arguably the best all around 2 handed weapon for bardin, and the masterwork pistol handily catapults Ranger Veteran into one of the top tier careers due to the raw numbers that it pumps out when fanning the hammer.

I suppose WoM added a new difficulty that you can access if legend is too easy for you (identical rewards to legend, so it's a pure difficulty spike for difficulty's sake)

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    WoM would be a NO from me. I never play Cata except the few times I wantd to see how hard it was and I hated the Weaves.

I love the Grail Knight but I main Kruber, Grail Knight or Mercenary are my favorite. I usually run Executioner Sword and Bret Sword and Shield. Exe for 90% of problems and Sword/Sheild when I am getting overrun.

• Options
    What's the cosmetic upgrade? The Sister of the Thorn has the base for $4 but the base and cosmetic for $10. Is one the unit + abilities and the other just skins?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Essentially. They made the choice to give people access to the new content for cheap, then charge extra for the bells and whistles. Though if I recall you do not automatically get the cosmetics and need to unlock them.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    lol so you pay for them but have to unlock them still. That's a bold move.

• Options
    I think you had to unlock them on GK and Engineer but people complained and you just get them on the ELF.

• Options
    Riboflavin wrote: »
    I think you had to unlock them on GK and Engineer but people complained and you just get them on the ELF.

This is correct. I think that there might be a portrait frame that is unlocked if you complete the challenges.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I played some of the Halloween event last night.
    Righteous Stand Legend-Disrupt the ritual and carry the skull.

Oh boy, I don't know what knob they cranked up but we had 3 party wipes and never finished the skull thing. I look forward to my vengeance tonight. I could play on recruit or something but that seems too much like cheating.

Also in the Wastes we had one of the new special monsters spawn. He had like spears in his back. It took only slightly longer than normal to kill with the Troll Torpedo, The New Elf and a Bounty Hunter. I assume some of them will be tougher but I barely had time to shout "Thats a modified monster!" before he was dead.

All in all a pretty fun time.

• Options
    The new monsters are great. There are several different effects that the grudge marked monsters can have, and IIRC they can have up to 3 effects active at once. One of them makes them immune to ranged damage. I saw one chaos spawn that could teleport and create illusory copies of himself. GK charged up to hit him with his blessed sword skill, and it basically did the dragon ball *vweeeoohh* teleport behind your trick and suddenly he was getting pounded on by what looked like several chaos spawns.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I heard rumours that they are adding Saltzpyres new career of Warrior Priest next!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    They added Warrior Priest last night but its kinda hard to find on Steam, at least it was for me. I haven't had a chance to play(curse you responsibilities!) but my son said it was a melee only class and the most fun weapon was Hammer and Tome which had some interesting heavy attacks when the tome was "charged". His special evidently is a timed invulnerability with an explosion at the end.

Riboflavin on