Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Just played a round of Supply and Demand that ended with us racing to the wagon with the last grain bag, ogre-rat hot on our tail. He had previously downed 2 of us, but I led him a merry chase through the stalls while the 4th revived. The other three jump into the wagon. Someone closes the door on me. They open it again right as I'm pulverized by the ogre-rat. Downed. I lay at the base of the wagon and watch as the mission refuses to end, apparently thinking they might save me. I die. It still doesn't end. At this point someone inside the wagon thinks that doing a quick open/close on the door will unglitch it. They open it.

The ogre-rat jumps in the wagon.

Defeat.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I've had that where somebody closed it before I was in. Bugged out and couldn't complete it at all no matter what we tried. I ended up just quiting. Sucked too it was a fun run

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Someone convince me to buy this game.

Worst case scenario: I end up playing with randos all the time. Is that still any fun?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The only thing that makes missions unfun, is freshly new minted players, choosing Hard, and expecting everyone else to carry them.

I've been the one carried a couple of times when grouped with PA folk, where I just wasnt experienced enough, and it wasn't as much fun.

On the other hand, it is nice facing a challenge.
    Which is why I sort of recommend running easy until you have a character or two outfitted in greens. Not because you need the greens for the missions, but its a good measurement for how much of the game you have faced and become proficient at. (Run Normal until you are outfitted with blues, Hard until you have orange). You can always bump up a difficulty when running with friends, or you feel that the challenge just isn't there. You can also pick up Grimoires on your runs to increase both difficulty and loot.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    mellestadmellestad Registered User regular
    The best runs are the hard ones where everyone hits the carriage with bleeding health and a full inventory of books. Delicious.

• Options
    Oh, has anyone else had trouble with the Steam achievements? I cant seem to get the ones for the various heroes to work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I'm wondering why I would ever pick the 2 handed sword over the rapier for the witch hunter. On paper the sword looks better; twice the damage at 2/3rds the speed, but all common enemies take two hits from each to kill so the rapier is way better. The sword hits more targets? Nah, I don't notice any difference between the two regular attacks. The only difference is that the rapier charge attack is good against one target while the sword's charge attack...sucks. Never use it.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Captain K wrote: »

Worst case scenario: I end up playing with randos all the time. Is that still any fun?

No game has evoked the feeling of Left 4 Dead in the same way as Vermintide for my regular group. Buy it.

I enjoy pug runs too. They're different but often surprisingly smooth.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The "you revive 40% faster" trinket is so amazing.

It saved the Nightmare Sewers run I just had when we had 2 downed at the second event right next to each other, and I could revive both of them in less than a second each.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hah. People had been talking about doing Smugglers Run on nightmare to farm for loot, so I thought I'd give it a go. First time I ended up getting simultaneously attacked by a Rat Ogre, Globadier, Gutter Runner and a minor horde of rats.

Okay game, I can take a hint.

Vic on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Waterfront is pretty great for chain running on hard and hoping you get a decent loot roll. Wheat and Chaff can go fuck itself with the endless horde and spawning stormvermin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    At first I thought I'd be terrified of Ratling Gunners, but it turns out they're essentially Headshot Practice Rat with how absolutely little they move around (which is great if you have even a starting White Crossbow due to Head Shot as a property). Stormvermin are a close second in that their head movements are predictable.

Gas Vermin and Packmasters can fuck off, though, since I don't think I've managed to hit their head once and are thus completely terrifying.

Characters
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

Ventrilo still exists. We still exist K. In your heart.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Some of these levels are pretty tough. There is a side mission that is basically just a big village and you have to move sacks of grain to the wagon. The catch is the enemies never stop spawning and there is always at least 2 Stormvermin on the map at a time.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD PUBS you're supposed to avoid stormvermin patrols!!!!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Some of these levels are pretty tough. There is a side mission that is basically just a big village and you have to move sacks of grain to the wagon. The catch is the enemies never stop spawning and there is always at least 2 Stormvermin on the map at a time.
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Waterfront is pretty great for chain running on hard and hoping you get a decent loot roll. Wheat and Chaff can go fuck itself with the endless horde and spawning stormvermin.
    Apparently there is a way to game the system, by stacking all the bags outside the cart, then putting them all inside at the same time. That way all the ogres / stormvermin that spawn don't have a chance before you are riding off into the sunset.

Speaking of trinkets, I just received one that is a 20% damage reduction against ratling gunners.... gee, thanks.
    EDIT: Ugh, and now another trinket with a 20% damage reduction against packmaster attacks.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Apparently there is a way to game the system, by stacking all the bags outside the cart, then putting them all inside at the same time. That way all the ogres / stormvermin that spawn don't have a chance before you are riding off into the sunset.

Speaking of trinkets, I just received one that is a 20% damage reduction against ratling gunners.... gee, thanks.
    EDIT: Ugh, and now another trinket with a 20% damage reduction against packmaster attacks.

We had an ogre spawn before we touched any sacks. The stormvermin that came after ended up killing 2 people, and by the time we got everyone respawned, we were in a losing situation where there was always someone down or dead. We managed to get 2 sacks into the cart and move 2 more close, but the damage was done far before we got to a sack.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Bug Alert:
    If you are in a game menu when a loading screen starts, the game will forget to unload the mouse cursor.
    If you have a single screen, this is a nuisance.
    If like me, you have a 2 screen setup, it is unplayable as soon as the mouse cursor gets to the second screen.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Bug Alert:
    If you are in a game menu when a loading screen starts, the game will forget to unload the mouse cursor.
    If like me, you have a 2 screen setup, it is unplayable as soon as the mouse cursor gets to the second screen.

Ahhh they still haven't fixed that? Got hit with it once earlier in beta. It was hilarious (and bad). 'Oh no! Someone to the right of me is in trouble! I'll just stand completely still!' Then you'd just have to spin around to the left a lot.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh man what a defeat... Hoard comes and splits us all up, then 3 of us are downed by a single Assassin that just pounces our split up party one at a time while the rest are just trying to fight off the hoard. Last guy manages to kill the Assassin and as he is on his way to revive us an Ogre Rat drops between him and us. So he's dancing around avoiding the Ogre and what's left of the hoard when a couple of Stormvermin show up for the party. Then a Ratling up on a ledge, and a Globadier. The game literally threw every single kind of special infected unique rat at one poor guy trying to revive us. Suffice to say he died gloriously and our defeat was utter.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I did Wheat and Chaff just now, on normal. The first Rat Ogre spawned before we were at the first sack of grain, and in total we killed 2 rat ogres and 19 armored rats. If our soldier wasn't extremely on point with headshots it would've been a massacre.

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    Bug Alert:

Ahhh they still haven't fixed that? Got hit with it once earlier in beta. It was hilarious (and bad). 'Oh no! Someone to the right of me is in trouble! I'll just stand completely still!' Then you'd just have to spin around to the left a lot.

I hope that when they fix it, the patch notes refer to it as the "anti-zoolander bug".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular

As someone else has said, it's the closest I've gotten to L4D in a while. Plus loot!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Omg i want to playyyyy.

I'll be home and online in like four hours, i think.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, I did Wheat and Chaff just now, on normal. The first Rat Ogre spawned before we were at the first sack of grain, and in total we killed 2 rat ogres and 19 armored rats. If our soldier wasn't extremely on point with headshots it would've been a massacre.
    Wheat and Chaff was the most nightmarish levl of them all imo. We've only played through the campaign on normal but goddamn there is a minimum of 15+ stormies and at least 1 ogre on that fucking map. No other map came even close to kicking our asses as that one did.

Last map:
    It was a little anticlimactic that you never actually got to fight the grey seer. We were still in full combat control mode, fighting off storms and specials all over the place, and it just cuts out to a cinematic. Oh well, it was a fun challenging map at least.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    This game's color scheme is so grimdark I keep trying to kill the elf because of her coat :(

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    This game's color scheme is so grimdark I keep trying to kill the elf because of her coat :(

Turn "Outlines" to "Always On" in the general options menu.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Apparently in the options menu there's an option to highlight your teammates at all times so you don't mistake them for rats

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I'll be on in about an hour or so if someone doesn't mind playing with a lowly level..3? Yeah I think 3.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Rius wrote: »
    Omg i want to playyyyy.

I'll be home and online in like four hours, i think.

Lemme know when you're back and we shall rat slay.

Edit:
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Wheat and Chaff was the most nightmarish levl of them all imo. We've only played through the campaign on normal but goddamn there is a minimum of 15+ stormies and at least 1 ogre on that fucking map. No other map came even close to kicking our asses as that one did.

Last map:
    It was a little anticlimactic that you never actually got to fight the grey seer. We were still in full combat control mode, fighting off storms and specials all over the place, and it just cuts out to a cinematic. Oh well, it was a fun challenging map at least.

Yeah spawning is something wonky on that map. Took several tries and each time it was just absurd spawns. Second time on that map the ogre spawned while the intro camera zoom was going on. Took control just as a pair of fists slammed into me.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular

If there's anything Dwarf Fortress taught me, it's that "Kill the elf" is always the right option.

• Options
    VaeVae Registered User regular
    Looking to fire this up in half an hour or so. Hopefully I can slay rates with you fine gents. My Steam ID is on the previous page, welcome invites!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I need more people for vermintiding, Aumni and I need two

• Options
    I'm in. Lemme get logged on

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I'll be down for this this week, name's Corpekata on Steam. Not looking for the most hardcore group in the world, just people that stick together and do things like let the guy with the shield wade in to the crowd first.

• Options
    Rhan9 wrote: »

If there's anything Dwarf Fortress taught me, it's that "Kill the elf" is always the right option.

The reaction of every other party member to the elf is the best.

At one point in a game yesterday, our elf got grabbed by a packmaster and all I could hear was one of the other characters yell "Finally! A use for the elf."

Characters
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I like how the dwarf constantly asks the elf to be let in on his kill count game and the elf keeps telling him he has no idea what he is talking about.
    Shameless LotR reference.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    There's dialogue for just about every situation - there's even dialogue for whiffing a grenade.

Towards the end of a Horn of Magnus run, we were loading up onto the elevator and as it's going down I toss one up into the doorway, which doesn't really kill anything since there was nothing left. The Witch Hunter comments something along the lines of "Not that accurate with real weapons, are you Witch?"

• Options
    There is also bunny hopping dialogue. Jump around too much and they'll let you know :D

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Donnicton wrote: »
    There's dialogue for just about every situation - there's even dialogue for whiffing a grenade.

Towards the end of a Horn of Magnus run, we were loading up onto the elevator and as it's going down I toss one up into the doorway, which doesn't really kill anything since there was nothing left. The Witch Hunter comments something along the lines of "Not that accurate with real weapons, are you Witch?"

Same thing happened when a dwarf wiffed a grenade, and the elf said "it takes special talent to not hit a single rat with one of those"

should we get one of the PA Vent admins to setup a separate channel for Vermintide in the Game Specific lobbies section so its easier to find groups?

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png