As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Hmm, I seem to have received presents from an anonymous robot wearing a skin mask. I'll be posting up pictures here later just in case it's from one of you guys.

That sounds an awful lot like a Synth. Shoot it in the head! Shoot it in the head!

Now see here.
    No I am not Kirindal's Santa.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Hmm, I seem to have received presents from an anonymous robot wearing a skin mask. I'll be posting up pictures here later just in case it's from one of you guys.

That sounds an awful lot like a Synth. Shoot it in the head! Shoot it in the head!

Now see here.

Sure sounds like Synth talk to me...

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo The holiday avatar you made for me last year didn't make the jump to the new computer, so if you could resend that'd be great!

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Now see here.

Sure sounds like Synth talk to me...

Not all faceless abominations are robots. Some are just eldritch horrors.

What, are you saying we all look the same?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Gift get! Will post pictures when the kids go to bed. Just know that, as usual, @see317 is a gentleman and a scholar!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo Officer Farva would like to join in the Christmas cheer.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @maguano You are who you choose to be

QfueTY4.png
    Santa Claus...

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It's the season for @MNC Dover to wear his ugly Christmas sweaters

18exSQy.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Kids are in bed, pictures are resized, taffy has been eaten, and wooden boxes remain locked! I came home after a grueling day of staring at the clock at work to find a package sitting on my porch! The box and the "FROM" definitely pointed to my Secret Santa gift.

I thought to myself: "I should really wait until Christmas to..." and by the time I was done thinking about it I took a knife to the box and opened it up to reveal it's secrets! So... Picture time!!

The letter that was greeted me when I opened it:
    9b0ie15il3pg.jpg

Ohhh! Okay a couple of things: I don't own Triforce Heroes, I absolutely LOVE taffy, and I own the Cornetto Trilogy in multiple formats (and thanks for the compliment!). Your gift buying skills are on point, that's for sure.

The loot!
    jsu7ltudahag.jpg

TAFFY!!! (And holy hell is it good. I've had like 4 or 5 since I got home... I must savor it...)
    kwu7iautt7a0.jpg

The puzzle box! (That is still unopened at the time of this post... If I get it open I will post here...)
    gp2xsmhg89x3.jpg

Tri Force Heroes! I do not own it yet but I've been tempted (thanks to the Zelda thread). Thank you!!
    93fli5pautog.jpg

Cthulhu!! I can always use another desk buddy!
    wrj3f2iwx7ni.jpg

Slightly funny story: I was trying to get a picture of my daughter holding up the Cthulhu plush but I was too slow because she moved immediately to the Taffy and begged me to have a pieces. So I obliged!

I think she's a fan!
    vdhu3yssgg3s.jpg

Thank you so much for the gifts @see317! Every year I'm simply amazed at how wonderful everyone is. I hope you have a Merry Christmas sir!

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo I'd appreciate it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo I accept avatar offerings. Nice work on the previous ones!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Annnnnd... Opeeeen!

Yeah that was a really cool idea, thanks again @see317

• Options
    WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular

Everything together being inspected by my trusty Tachikoma.
    fmjfruglzful.jpg

Hi Wickedkarma, Consider this a secret santa appetizer.
    qb3gj812fwm0.jpg

A little something for artistic inspiration.
    AND Something long, hard (and yet soft?) depending on what you grab from - Santa
    77xn8q0lc6yd.jpg

Santa, thank you SOO MUCH!
    I have been really wanting to read that book!
    I also started taking an art class on the weekends so those art supplies are going to get put to some serious use!
    The Tachikoma patch is AMAAZIZINNGGG! <3
    Last but not least the lone wanderer is my first Funko pop so thanks for getting me started!

Thank you soo much for the amazing gifts!
    I have no idea who you are so please feel free to step up, so I can thank you proper!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @see317 is notorious for that taffy. I got some a couple years ago from him too. Good stuff!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    @Quical Just so much to do!

HrYKbNc.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    anoffday wrote: »
    see317 is notorious for that taffy. I got some a couple years ago from him too. Good stuff!

I don't know if I'd say "notorious". But it has become something of a tradition for me.
    urahonky wrote: »
    Annnnnd... Opeeeen!
    Yeah that was a really cool idea, thanks again @see317
    Yeah, it's not much of a puzzle, but I figured it would be kind of fun. Looks kind of cool too.
    I do wish it had actually been large enough for an un-altered gift card, but a little trimming and it fit just fine.

see317 on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    @Quical Just so much to do!

HrYKbNc.gif

Hahaha you went above and beyond here.
    I will put it up as soon as I can. Thank you!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    @TimFiji Santana Claus is comin' to town!
    GwYmYbL.png

@TheRoadVirus Not the first PAX Blizzard, to be sure.
    m4uH9ER.gif

@urahonky Happy Birthday!
    Z6IWoid.png

@belligerent Welcome to the Aperture Gifting Initiative
    K1QFWWo.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks! I will swap over once I get to an actual computer

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Update on the girlfriend and the baby: The milk has come! We went all day yesterday without supplementing, and the nurse was very pleased with the weight gain. So thanks for the calming words guys, that really helped at that time.

And as promised, some more hints for my Santa:
    My Instagram
    My Amazon wishlist Not totally up to date, but pretty close. And Amazon UK ships to Denmark, I use it all the time.
    My Steam Profile
    My board game collection

My shirt size: M, Baby size: 56 (Right now, he will not be able to fit that within a few weeks.)
    I own a good PC, Xbox One, 3DS, iPad, Android Phone.
    I work as an Industrial Designer, and spend way to much money on drawing-stuff like Copic Markers and bleedproof paper. I like to drink Scotch, especially smokey Islays, and my current favorite is Lagavulin 16.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Wow, what a day for gifts! Gift #2 arrived last week but given what it was I opted to wait for Gift #1 which arrived today. What a generous Santa I have

Knitted Yoshi investigates!
    47lXdWf.jpg

Lets dig a little closer...
    sKEGTfR.jpg

An e-reader?!?
    iLGBpJm.jpg

It's a Kindle, thats all kind of awesome!

Gift #2 which came last week was a Kindle case!

Sadly the case was for the wrong type of Kindle but here's what it looks like!
    RPK4Tm2.jpg
    fHTmMGA.jpg

Thanks Santa, I still don't know who you are and you've hinted that there's one more thing to come, what on earth could it be!

Edit: A few PMs later and it turns out that my Santa is none other than @Kendrik Thanks for being awesome!

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    I have Fallout 4 now, Santa. This will be my only personal purchase for the holidays.

I basically got it for free with a $50 Amazon card and $10 Visa card.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »

Wow, what a day for gifts! Gift #2 arrived last week but given what it was I opted to wait for Gift #1 which arrived today. What a generous Santa I have

Knitted Yoshi investigates!
    47lXdWf.jpg

Lets dig a little closer...
    sKEGTfR.jpg

An e-reader?!?
    iLGBpJm.jpg

It's a Kindle, thats all kind of awesome!

Gift #2 which came last week was a Kindle case!

Sadly the case was for the wrong type of Kindle but here's what it looks like!
    RPK4Tm2.jpg
    fHTmMGA.jpg

Thanks Santa, I still don't know who you are and you've hinted that there's one more thing to come, what on earth could it be!

Edit: A few PMs later and it turns out that my Santa is none other than @Kendrik Thanks for being awesome!

Sorry the e-book gifting didn't work out, but I hope everything else is enjoyed!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Santa! I got a PS4! I know my lack of Social Media is disturbing so there ya go!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    WillyDub wrote: »
    Santa! I got a PS4!

Gonna echo this. I felt the need to defile tombs and German U-boats hiding in jungles again (Also Bloodborne due to lots of "hey you need to play this" from others and because I like dying). Also, Santee - things seem to be coming together here fairly well! Prepare!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Santee!

The purchase has been made. I have gathered the first, third, fifth, seventh, and eleventh amazons to carry your bounty to you. I would hope that it'd be a bounty that you would like. They were off of your wish lists, though, so anything you don't like means you dun goofed. Hah.

Anyway it should be here Sunday!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Santee, I have hopefully bought you the first 'something'. Either that or I've submitted my card details via word document for the purposes of Credit Card fraud.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santee, it's finally the day after Thanksgiving! Do you know what that means?

Yes, I can finally buy some eggnog!

Oh yeah, and your gifting will soon commence!

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Oh is it the time where we all announce the imminent gifting to our Santees?

Well, what's up Santee!

it's  coming

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Initial purchase: confirmed.

The Giftening is upon us, my children.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's gauche to not get your Santee something physical they can touch, right?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

Are you coming on to your Santee?

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Monday is the when the giftening is commencing happening Santee. WHO WILL IT BE?!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular

I've been known to request digital gifts because my appartment is tiny, and shared with my Wife, dog, and two bunnies (also two home offices). So it all depends on your assigned target... er, santee's preference really.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If it's gauche to do so, it's probably equally gauche to complain about receivign a non physical gift.

I mean, maybe back when this Secret Santa started it could have been questionable because there was the possibility that the gift was pirated or copied or otherwise obtained in an unChristmasy way, but digital distribution has come a long way to being a legitimate gifting source.
    I mean, nobody would have wanted to receive a zipped file of games that were pulled off Limewire or whatever P2P things popular these days.
    But, I think that if you do go straight up steam of GOG for gifts I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. Consider that brick and mortar stores sell boxed steam codes.
    Personally, I don't see a difference between sending someone a box with a code and an email with a code except that one gets there in minutes and isn't likely to be lost by the mail. If it bothers you, maybe send a card with a nice personalized message.

Really, I think that most of us would be happy with anything, so long as it's not two gallons of bleach.

see317 on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Gifts ordered, yay!

Secret Santa with you guys is always great.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    If it's gauche to do so, it's probably equally gauche to complain about receivign a non physical gift.

I mean, maybe back when this Secret Santa started it could have been questionable because there was the possibility that the gift was pirated or copied or otherwise obtained in an unChristmasy way, but digital distribution has come a long way to being a legitimate gifting source.
    I mean, nobody would have wanted to receive a zipped file of games that were pulled off Limewire or whatever P2P things popular these days.
    But, I think that if you do go straight up steam of GOG for gifts I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. Consider that brick and mortar stores sell boxed steam codes.
    Personally, I don't see a difference between sending someone a box with a code and an email with a code except that one gets there in minutes and isn't likely to be lost by the mail. If it bothers you, maybe send a card with a nice personalized message.

Really, I think that most of us would be happy with anything, so long as it's not two gallons of bleach.

...but three gallons of bleach? Oh man, now we're in business!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I wouldn't have any problem with a digital only gift, it's primarily the thought that counts after all. Especially given Steam and everything. I'm planning to send my santee's stuff out first week of December, assuming they haven't bought anything by then but I do have some physical goodies planned.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    There were many gifts purchased...although my Santee seems to be like me...immune to the siren's call of the social media. Hope you like them Santee...however I like waiting till a we bit closer to the X-Mas'ing to send =)

steam_sig.png