As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    When we were progressing on it, the only change we made to the vision group was if a different healer got the debuff. Much simpler to slot a single healer in and out than twist around which dps goes in. Otherwise we'd just BoP the bleed or ignore it.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    This is the new draw distance from Alpha demonstrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zf95j7sqBk

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    sending people into the vision will also wipe it off, although with the gear people have now I can't imagine healing up the bleed is really a big issue

also, a good trick is to send a hero/lust caster into every vision group; they can pop it when their group hits 18-19 stacks without giving the debuff to the rest of the raid. This way you can give lust to every vision group, and then pop it at 30% or so for the raid (though again, with the gear people have now you might be better served to just hit it on the pull and only get 1-2 visions.)

If people can wipe the dot off reliably, then you can go into the fight with significantly fewer healers than normal. Makes for a much more reliable kill because more dps means the adds are dead faster and that's where all the danger in the fight is.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Ok we killed Kilrog. One of the attempts I was #1 dmg on the oozes and grunts. So I did my part.

• Options
    Now you're up to the dickhead. He's a lot easier after the nerf and with how absurd burst dps is these days, but he's still a pain in the ass because people just can't grasp the concept that they can't cleave.

• Options
    Whoo, killed Mythic Mannoroth. On to the big man!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i hear mannoroth is tougher overall

• Options
    That's what I've heard too. We only had a handful of attempts on him, trying to do the 1 Doomfire strat. We were 1-2% off getting it each time, with our best DPS missing. Still gotta sort out p3, but the first 2 we'll get pretty quick.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i hear mannoroth is tougher overall

I can speak from experience and say that yes, Mythic Mannoroth is by far the hardest encounter in the instance. Archimonde is much easier to handle. There are Weak Auras out that totally disarm all of his mechanics and make them very manageable.

The only things you need for an easy Archimonde kill are for the people that are handling soaking the Doomfire to be able to do that without fail, and for one person in your raid group to have up pictures of all of the Seething Corruption patterns in the last phase and call out the safe places to stand for the raid.

There are Weak Auras that show you the directions for everyone's Wrought Chaos so you know if you need to move and how, who has Chains and how large their AoE radius is going to be when they break them so you know if you're going to be hit, and one for Mark in the final phase that lets you know if you're Marked or not and if you are which group you need to stand with.

Outside of that its just a matter of killing the big adds.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    That's what I've heard too. We only had a handful of attempts on him, trying to do the 1 Doomfire strat. We were 1-2% off getting it each time, with our best DPS missing. Still gotta sort out p3, but the first 2 we'll get pretty quick.

Our entire group is pretty much BiS and 2/2 upgraded and we don't bother trying to push 1 Doomfire. We push him to the next phase right after the second Doomfire and save Bloodlust for the last phase.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I just started this up again, began leveling my little worgen druid. I like the heirloom changes, that was pretty neat to see that I don't have to hunt them down anymore and figure out which character has what.

Level 93 so far, just been playing very casually for now. I played horde side up to 100 last time back when Warlords released, doing alliance side now. I liked Shadowmoon Valley's story way better than the horde starting area.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    wok, back to back to back heirloom ring shipyard quests done. Unique-equipped though. May try to find some Saturday to get the fishing tournament ring. Do people still do that?

• Options
    They do. STV is also a cross-realm zone, so there's people from every server under the fucking sun doing the tournament at the same time. Thankfully you only need to win the count on your server, but you still have to deal with everyone's personal gank squads who just kill you because you're stealing their pools.

I hate the tournament.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The fishing tournament is less of a pain on a non-PVP server, thankfully. I won the tournament 3 times in 4-5 weeks to get all the fishing gear. Isn't the fishing tournament on Sundays, though?

• Options
    I just started this up again, began leveling my little worgen druid. I like the heirloom changes, that was pretty neat to see that I don't have to hunt them down anymore and figure out which character has what.

Level 93 so far, just been playing very casually for now. I played horde side up to 100 last time back when Warlords released, doing alliance side now. I liked Shadowmoon Valley's story way better than the horde starting area.

Shadowmoon Valley is really good. I felt really awful for Nerzhul and the position he was put in. It was really sad, and also highlights the awful shit that Grommash did, and ultimately just got a total pass on at the end of the expansions story. Which was bullshit.

As soon as Archimonde died, Yrel should have been "Yeah, your turn now." and just killed Grommash.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Shadowmoon Valley is really good. I felt really awful for Nerzhul and the position he was put in. It was really sad, and also highlights the awful shit that Grommash did, and ultimately just got a total pass on at the end of the expansions story. Which was bullshit.

As soon as Archimonde died, Yrel should have been "Yeah, your turn now." and just killed Grommash.

This expansion never should have happened because when Thrall/Varian/Taran Zhu were angsting over what to do with Garrosh the player party should have just been like lolnowhackwhackwhack "Oops, yeah, pretty sure he's dead now boss". I mean there's no way I'd let something corrupted by the heart of an old god stick around to 'stand trial' or some other bullshit.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    WoD just feels like bad fan-fiction no matter how you try to slice it.

Can't have anything happen to Metzen's favorite characters and all that which is why the whole Grom thing was swept under the rug with "I'm a good guy now lol guys."

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey, if you want some bad fan-fic... check out this thread I made over on MMO-C.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

Can't have anything happen to Metzen's favorite characters and all that which is why the whole Grom thing was swept under the rug with "I'm a good guy now lol guys."

The rewriting of history in WC1 with the movie bothers me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Considering they already retconned WC3 (mainly in the books) and I'm pretty sure they're eyeing ways to retcon WC2

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    The fishing tournament is less of a pain on a non-PVP server, thankfully. I won the tournament 3 times in 4-5 weeks to get all the fishing gear. Isn't the fishing tournament on Sundays, though?

Historically, Superbowl Sunday has been pretty good for lower numbers of people doing the fishing tournament. So this is the weekend to do it, imo

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

Considering they already retconned WC3 (mainly in the books) and I'm pretty sure they're eyeing ways to retcon WC2

The books don't phase me a whole lot, it's basically glorified fan fiction in my eyes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I am perfectly okay with them retconning what they retconned in Warcraft 1.

Orc/Human Garona for LIFE.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Did Garona's mom/dad arrive on Azeroth some 20-30 years before the Dark Portal opened? If she's a full grown adult by the time the Dark Portal opens? What's up with that?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    wowhead's new dressing room thing is actually pretty robust (wish it had their DB's color matching tool included though)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Did Garona's mom/dad arrive on Azeroth some 20-30 years before the Dark Portal opened? If she's a full grown adult by the time the Dark Portal opens? What's up with that?

If I remember right, she was forcibly aged via magic. Same as Maim and Rend Blackhand.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

The books don't phase me a whole lot, it's basically glorified fan fiction in my eyes.

Eh, they've dipped into the book well a few times for ideas. See also: the other Dragon Aspects, Rhonin.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

If I remember right, she was forcibly aged via magic. Same as Maim and Rend Blackhand.

So in the movie trailer, that one guy is basically flirting with an incarcerated newlyborn?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Garona was originally orc-human and then was retconned to be orc-draenei. Does the movie use the orc-human version of her?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the novels have always weirded me out

I guess they're probably not that expensive to produce but who's buying them? yeesh

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Garona was originally orc-human and then was retconned to be orc-draenei. Does the movie use the orc-human version of her?

Yeah, movie Garona is Orc/Human.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I think Warcrimes may have been the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The entire book had me rolling my eyes so hard i actually suffered strain.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Eh, something something, "we've spent decades testing dimensional magic and have snatched people from Azeroth before with spells and small raids, now we're finally ready for the big portal".

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    VirtualVoltVirtualVolt Registered User regular
    okay so I'm just now getting into WoW for the first time, and I'm wondering how long I should expect before I hit level cap, and if it's too late to get into the game seriously. basically how much "catch-up" do I have to play until I'm on par with all you WoW pros?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    You should have at least two character boosts, one that will jump you to Panda content, and the other to Warlords. If you pre-order LEGION you get another.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    That said, if you don't use the boosts, leveling to max level does actually take that long really. So you can be doing max level content before too long. Doing end-game content requires a bit more work to get up to however.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, if it's their first time through might as well hold off on the boosts. Lots of content they've never seen they'd be skipping and it doesn't take THAT long.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Honestly there if so much content that if you've never seen it and aren't in a particular rush to hop into a raid just take your time and enjoy it. For any leveling range you have multiple zones to choose from too (especially in vanilla) so you can pick what you like on any given character.

Keep in mind that once you do have a max level character you can buy heirlooms for you alts which is great that automatically increases in power based on level of character wearing it, and most of it has +xp modifiers too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    okay so I'm just now getting into WoW for the first time, and I'm wondering how long I should expect before I hit level cap, and if it's too late to get into the game seriously. basically how much "catch-up" do I have to play until I'm on par with all you WoW pros?

Depends on how much you have to play really. A week? A few weeks? It's not that long.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Once you hit L100, IMO it takes about a month of playing 1-3 hours per day to get to the point where Looking For Raid and Baleful gear offer no further significant upgrades. At that point, only normal/heroic/mythic Hellfire Citadel offer you notable upgrades. After that, you either need a lot of patience with the raid finder or the help of a guild to support you to go further.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
This discussion has been closed.