Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    They're kinda like stances

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I was like, "Why the hell am I being tagged in a WoW thread?". But now it makes sense.

I quit playing when my friends did. I could never quite click with another group and ran out of things to do solo. Also I was bad.

That was pretty much it, except I was the one to step away first. I still feel like it was "my fault" a lot of them quit, even though it wasn't.

Running a heroic (I guess it's mythic now) guild was brutal: my entire day was consumed with recruiting, interviewing, maintaining the guild bank, scheduling, strategizing, quashing random complaints, researching every class/spec, datamining world of logs to figure out issues.... All while working 50 hours a week. I had some help, but not enough, and ended up burning out and needing to step away for a while. The heartbreaking part was that the guild imploded within about a month after I left because nobody really stepped up and took the reins on what needed to be handled, so the rest of the people I really liked ended up either quitting or faction/server transferring.

There's still a handful of my friends playing now, but they're on both factions and across many servers, so there's no way to really get the band back together for a reunion tour. (At least we can still D3 together. :))

I tried playing casualoly in MoP, but it felt more like I was logging on to do chores (World of Dailycraft) rather than having fun, and trying to cap on two classes was a hassle, so that only lasted a couple months. Monks were really fun, lack of new dungeons sucked, hated Scenarios because I felt like a douche if I did them as a healer, challenge dungeons were neat, pokemon was great as someone that collects things.

I still MMO a lot, but now I play something whose design encourages what I enjoy. (Altoholic)

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeah, the snowball effect of one person quitting causing others to stop playing is real, but you've got to take care of yourself. I don't think anyone in my guild begrudged the guys who left due to burnout over the last two months, and when one of the guys who regularly led our raids was done, that was pretty much it for us this expansion.

I'm still looking forward to resubscribing next weekend for the Halloween stuff. Maybe I'll even try to join a PUG raid to get in my Archimonde kill. I'd kind of like to have that feat of strength achievement/Garrison monument.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Brainleech wrote: »
    I was checking If you could give heirlooms to a Panda at level 1 and then goofing off and thought you really don't get that style of weapon ever do you?
    You can give them heirlooms if you want to do a doubleagent level

You can mail the heirlooms but you don't get to a mailbox until level 10 or so. I guess you could spend a bunch of time running ahead and sneaking part mobs but that kind of defeats the point.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    You don't need to mail heirlooms anymore...
    Does the tab stay locked or something?

• Options

Oh true, i forgot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Mythic Tyrant is an asshole. Mostly we need our tanks to stop moving around so fucking much, because it's destroying our melee. They can't keep moving as much as they are, it's just stripping off all their shields and the Edict is shredding them. P2 is basically the definition of healer stress because OH FUCK EVERYONE IS AT 20% WHAT DO I DO. Still haven't hit P3, but it doesn't look too hard so long as everyone gets in the corner properly and we blow all our healing CDs. Mostly the transitions between phases is hard, especially that last Edict in P2.

We'll get there. We were way more melee heavy than we wanted to be, which didn't help.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Swapping. They change your Holy Word ability based on what Chakra you're in (AoE circle, single target big heal or weird offensive disorient thing). The AoE one also does some stuff with Circle of Healing (I think?) while the single target heal one makes your heals refresh Renew on every cast.

If memory serves, every cast of Prayer while in blue stance reduces the CD of Circle of Healing.

Holy is... in a weird spot right now. They've got a big bag of tricks for basically all occasions, but not really anything they feel like they excel at.

I so can't wait for the Priest rework.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    So is there any word on why you can queue for Call to Arms (random heroic), and spend 15 minutes waiting in queue?
    It seems odd for there to be that long of a queue for roles that are in such dire need that they're bribing people to play them.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Mythic Tyrant is an asshole. Mostly we need our tanks to stop moving around so fucking much, because it's destroying our melee. They can't keep moving as much as they are, it's just stripping off all their shields and the Edict is shredding them. P2 is basically the definition of healer stress because OH FUCK EVERYONE IS AT 20% WHAT DO I DO. Still haven't hit P3, but it doesn't look too hard so long as everyone gets in the corner properly and we blow all our healing CDs. Mostly the transitions between phases is hard, especially that last Edict in P2.

We'll get there. We were way more melee heavy than we wanted to be, which didn't help.

Your tanks are probably just as frustrated with the movement problems as you are. Tyrant is an absolute bitch to position correctly, she has a TINY hitbox and the slightest movement will have her sprinting through you to smack you from behind. And you can't just stand still, because then you'll get nailed with inferno circles. It's a problem on heroic and normal too.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tyrant also has added fun in the form of Annihilating Strike if someone in the ranged group behind the melee group decides not to move.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Hooray, I finished off my music rolls today, one less weekly thing to have to do now. My bucket list is getting pretty empty at this point, all that's really left is farming lunkers and farming the drake mounts for the emerald drake

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Madican wrote: »
    Tyrant also has added fun in the form of Annihilating Strike if someone in the ranged group behind the melee group decides not to move.

It's the melees responsibility to move in that case, not the ranged.

You don't have someone with it move and start swinging that arrow around. That will cause problems and end up hitting people who already tried move out of it and got it moved to them.

One thing you can do is have a tank taunt her and force her to change direction at the last second and move the strike to the back or sides of the room where no one is.

The person with strike in ranged doesn't move. People move out of the line before it goes off.

Viskod on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    We always do it where the person who has it clicks a warlock gate and gets out of the raid, because it's their responsibility to not nuke everyone, ranged or not. If the gate cooldown is still going then they can hoof it to the designated spots. Most are good about it, but every now and then one will delay and then melee moves so they don't get blasted, then the ranged person moves at the last second and yup swings it right onto the melee. Because with that P1 aura it's better for one person to move than the entire melee group to start taking damage from the movement.

Madican on
  • Options
    That is really unnecessary and over complicated.

It creates more movement than the alternative when getting back into position from the gate.

It's better practice to just have everyone aware of the arrow and take two steps left or right.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Overall you get more damage from having the raid move, but the individual damage on each person is insignificant and easily covered by steady raid healing.

When you have just the targeted person move, they have to move a lot, and they also are going too take damage from the strike. On heroic and mythic the aura does not fuck around, and you're much better off having 7-8 people drop to 70% hp than having one person drop to 30% right before the big flame strike.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Hooray, I finished off my music rolls today, one less weekly thing to have to do now. My bucket list is getting pretty empty at this point, all that's really left is farming lunkers and farming the drake mounts for the emerald drake

I know I have a large list of things I want to do in wow but some of them require the help of other people and well I don't trust them getting certain mounts and pets
    THe music one I hate because it's random more of a HA HA jokes you on come back next week and try again

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Oh true, i forgot.

It's this sword
    WoWScrnShot_101115_231850_zpsvrx4renq.jpg

And I find it interesting that I can use the horde banners but not the alliance ones even though I have not picked a side
    WoWScrnShot_101115_080450_zpsga9evlxo.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_101115_080448_zpsdxmsrwol.jpg

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Overall you get more damage from having the raid move, but the individual damage on each person is insignificant and easily covered by steady raid healing.

When you have just the targeted person move, they have to move a lot, and they also are going too take damage from the strike. On heroic and mythic the aura does not fuck around, and you're much better off having 7-8 people drop to 70% hp than having one person drop to 30% right before the big flame strike.

No they don't have to move a lot. They take the warlock portal, get hit, then get back into position. Meanwhile, asking the entire raid to move is losing DPS for just about every ranged except hunters and makes melee have to reposition on a tiny hit box. It is far better for one person to take a bit of damage, because they should be using a personal cooldown when getting back into position, than damage the entire raid and screw up the DPS. This fight is on farm on Heroic, it's not a big deal.

• Options
    You are just wrong on this.

It's also not "the entire raid" because you should all be spread out.

The strike potentially hits like 3 people in my mythic group at most. So one person takes the hit and just steps out of the circle and two people side step.

The dps loss is next to nothing.

Granted, I don't know how many warlocks you have but the idea of trying to position everyone near a gate, then trying to run to that gate and then make it all the way back to where you were puts unnecessary strain on your healers to single out one person and keep them up, and makes said dps lose a lot more damage because they are moving considerably more than they need to,

Not to mention if the same person gets strike twice in a row or before their gate debuff is gone it doesn't work and the whole raid has to be ready to react differently quickly.

It's just not an efficient strategy comparatively.

• Options
    avoiding the strike is literally a matter of sidestepping about 5-10 yds, which is less than a GCD. And like @Viskod said, you should be spread out anyway, so you only have 2-3 people having to move for each strike, or even less.

• Options
    From your description it kinda sounds like you might be having your raid stack up in phase 1, which is just...what?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it seems like a dramatic overcomplication, especially for a farm fight

3-4 people getting hit with strike won't wipe you; OTOH stacking in phase 1 introduces the possibility of a strike hitting the whole ranged clump

the loss of DPS is minimal either way; it's basically just another chance for an attention fail to wipe you

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Thrall is an Elemental (Resto?) Shaman. Give Ele's or Resto's his Doomhammer so I can have my Akama axes (I'm not going to stop bitching about this because it's a wasted opportunity).

Got my Pally alt to 57 thanks in large part to some wise XP farming via LFD queues. I should be able to get him to 60 tonight so I can use the insta-90 and have another alt to mess with (and start the long transmog grind).

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i know. I know. I just miss the glory days I suppose.

*snip*

That was mostly from memory, can't recall too many others offhand.

O.O

... hey guys.

'Sup?

Every so often I ponder paying for a month and an upgrade to see new content and mess around on my legion of alts, or find myself nostalgic for olllllldschool Alterac Valley and weekend Karazhan alt runs, or giving T6 geared DPS a run for their money in T4 gear (I know, I know, ladies the line starts to the right, no shoving please).

And I miss these threads. Though upon catching up on the last few pages, I am so out of date with info I think I'd actually just faceroll my keyboard in my first instance to see how badly it went (can only go up from here!).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Thrall is an Elemental (Resto?) Shaman. Give Ele's or Resto's his Doomhammer so I can have my Akama axes (I'm not going to stop bitching about this because it's a wasted opportunity).

Got my Pally alt to 57 thanks in large part to some wise XP farming via LFD queues. I should be able to get him to 60 tonight so I can use the insta-90 and have another alt to mess with (and start the long transmog grind).

I'm pretty sure Thrall's always been Enhance, mainly because he was a Warrior before he started learning anything about being a Shaman so he still got to hit things with his hammer but now was able to summon sweet ghost wolves.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Then why is he throwing around lightning and earth gripping shit during cutscenes? Goddamnit Metzen......

• Options
    Then why is he throwing around lightning and earth gripping shit during cutscenes? Goddamnit Metzen......

That's 20 years later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

That's 20 years later.

Basically ele shaman are shaman who are too old for enh

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ah yes, the geezer spec.

Get off my lawn crits you for 60k dmg. You are hobbled for 6sec.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Thrall's an everything Shaman just like Khadgar is an everything Mage.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    thrall has never really healed things, at least that I can recall (maybe he has)

hasn't doomhammer been announced as the enhance weapon anyway? Thought I remembered that

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's why Mugsley was saying he wanted Akama's axes instead. Nobundo's weapon(s) would be a good fit for shaman as I don't remember Akama being much of a shaman in WoW but he was in War3. Nobundo was the broken that taught shamanism to the Draenei I thought.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Artifacts are gonna be cool, but like 90% of them will be stuff they just came up with entirely on the spot. Its like Ashbringer, Atiesh, Doomhammer and uuuuuuuuhhhhhh

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Death Knights really should have gotten a reforged Frostmourne. Or updated Shadowmourne. And I don't mean the "forged from the shards of Frostmourne" nonsense but the actual sword.

• Options
    "Forged from the shards" works for Frost DK, since you need two of them. But trying to cleanse frostmourne of its more regrettable effects on the user would have been interesting.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Bring back all the old weapon legendaries. Hunters get Thoridal, Mages get Tarecgosa (Atiesh looks boring), Death Knights get Shadowmourne, Warriors get Thunderfury, Paladins get Ashbringer, Druids get Fandral's Flamescythe (not a legendary but wanted enough), Shamans get Doombringer, Rogues get Fangs of the Father, Priests get Anathema/Benedict, Warlocks get...uh...well I'm stumped for them. Monks haven't been around long enough to know what their legendary could be (Val'anyr?)

Madican on
  • Options
    Looks like its officially Doomhammer for Enh, which makes one wonder if the big class revamps also mean 2hander enh, or if they'll get a second hammer somewhere.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    And then Survival hunters get a choice from every other class' leggo. Because everything is hunter loot.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I personally kinda hope they mine the game's own history for iconic weapons; not that you can't take stuff from other properties too, but it'd be fun for cool weapons of yesteryear to make a comeback

This discussion has been closed.