Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They said you could see the demon hunter artifacts in the announcement art reel but I didn't see the warglaives of azzinoth I am pissed

I'm REALLY hoping they decide to let you transmog legendaries, since their argument against it this whole time was 'oh we don't want everyone running around in the same weapon which would happen since legendaries are so iconic and cool.' But the artifact system seems to want exactly that

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Looks like its officially Doomhammer for Enh, which makes one wonder if the big class revamps also mean 2hander enh, or if they'll get a second hammer somewhere.

We already know the answer to that, a spectral elemental copy of it will form in your off-hand.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If Legion comes out with the artifact visuals not working exactly like how bodyguards work in WoD, I'll eat my hat.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    They've already said if the weapon already existed in game it's not going to be an artifact, they want unattainable lore weapons and stuff created specifically to be artifacts instead.

• Options
    If Legion comes out with the artifact visuals not working exactly like how bodyguards work in WoD, I'll eat my hat.

Pretty sure it won't, so prepare to eat your hat. You got all this work to get skins for your artifact, and then it shows up as some generic sword or axe?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Arthil wrote: »

Pretty sure it won't, so prepare to eat your hat. You got all this work to get skins for your artifact, and then it shows up as some generic sword or axe?

I'm sure the 'everybody else' version will still look rad and take skins into account. But suggesting that a raid with 5 ret paladins is going to have 5 Ashbringer's is silly. They aren't going to allow that. And if they do that's really, really dumb.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Javen wrote: »
    They said you could see the demon hunter artifacts in the announcement art reel but I didn't see the warglaives of azzinoth I am pissed

I'm REALLY hoping they decide to let you transmog legendaries, since their argument against it this whole time was 'oh we don't want everyone running around in the same weapon which would happen since legendaries are so iconic and cool.' But the artifact system seems to want exactly that

I think "ideal" outcome here is that everyone of the same spec as you is going to display a generic version of whatever weapon type they have to your eyes.
    Looks like its officially Doomhammer for Enh, which makes one wonder if the big class revamps also mean 2hander enh, or if they'll get a second hammer somewhere.

We already know the answer to that, a spectral elemental copy of it will form in your off-hand.

That could be interesting.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i know. I know. I just miss the glory days I suppose.

Ishtaar
    riz
    Thomamelas
    Forar
    Wavechaser
    "Munkus Beaver"
    Rizzi
    Thomase1984
    shadowane
    Seg
    PierceNeck
    Nobody

That was mostly from memory, can't recall too many others offhand.

I ran into the recruiting game wall of frustration at the end of BC. Spending multiple hours a day to find candidates, then having the vet them. Mostly Shamans. There were a lot of green geared Shamans applying and expecting to go right to Sunwell. The attunement stuff going away was a big help. But I burned out hard on that.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I would really like to see them invest time in developing better recruiting tools and functionality; I guess maybe they're reluctant to do so because they can monetize transfers/faction changes/etc, but I have to think they'd make that up on the backend via retention if they just made it easier for people to find guilds.

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i know. I know. I just miss the glory days I suppose.

Ishtaar
    riz
    Thomamelas
    Forar
    Wavechaser
    "Munkus Beaver"
    Rizzi
    Thomase1984
    shadowane
    Seg
    PierceNeck
    Nobody

That was mostly from memory, can't recall too many others offhand.

I ran into the recruiting game wall of frustration at the end of BC. Spending multiple hours a day to find candidates, then having the vet them. Mostly Shamans. There were a lot of green geared Shamans applying and expecting to go right to Sunwell. The attunement stuff going away was a big help. But I burned out hard on that.

You honestly should give it another go now. The amount of changes made even since mid-wotlk when I last played...well, I'm currently running a one night raid guild and we are clearing everything.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    PMAvers wrote: »
    And then Survival hunters get a choice from every other class' leggo. Because everything is hunter loot.

They already said survival hunters get some spear.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    survival hunters becoming melee is honestly the most meta shit blizzard has ever done and it's hilarious

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also the dumbest. I can't think of a single guild with a current raid team that's going to allow one of their ranged to go melee.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah that's what I've been saying. When you have hunters, the most mobile ranged in the game, who is going to take one that wants to be melee? There's going to be melee overload at the start of this expac anyone when everyone decides they want to play demon hunter.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it depends on your comp and fight demands I guess; most of our dps swap specs from fight to fight anyway. If survival winds up being better at ST or cleave or whatever it's not that hard to imagine fights where people would swap to it

there aren't really that many encounters anymore that punish melee, as long as you have enough other ranged to do mechanics

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have been denied invites because I was melee
    I know they take a hit but still I know what I am doing and do listen

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Also the dumbest. I can't think of a single guild with a current raid team that's going to allow one of their ranged to go melee.

Everyone already wants to go melee with demon hunters anyway :)

I bet a lot of fights in Legion are going to be melee friendly.

• Options
    I bet they won't

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Single-Jump unfriendly.

• Options
    Yeah considering Death Knights and Monks haven't really tipped the melee/ranged preference scales much, I don't think Demon Hunters will have a wildly different impact

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I bet they won't

I'm fully expecting every fight, except 1-2, of every raid tier in Legion to fully fuck melee.

Also regarding ranged going melee: less than a month ago, we had a 12-person raid working on Heroic HFC (had a fair number of dropouts that night). We had 3 ranged.

• Options
    Yeah considering Death Knights and Monks haven't really tipped the melee/ranged preference scales much, I don't think Demon Hunters will have a wildly different impact

Maybe not now, but in Wrath DK's were everywhere and in MoP Monks were everywhere. Things only start to settle down an expansion after the class is introduced, because when they're current it's just swimming in them. Dungeons in Legion are going to be a special kind of hell considering DH's will start at 100 so they'll be clogging up the pipes and being dumbfucks just like DK's were.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Where is everyone getting their info about Demon hunters? I only know what I do from the legion preview

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Maybe not now, but in Wrath DK's were everywhere and in MoP Monks were everywhere. Things only start to settle down an expansion after the class is introduced, because when they're current it's just swimming in them. Dungeons in Legion are going to be a special kind of hell considering DH's will start at 100 so they'll be clogging up the pipes and being dumbfucks just like DK's were.

Well, maybe it'll also be like how DK's were and they'll be so broken when they come out of their scripted instance that a cat with downs could play them well.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Where is everyone getting their info about Demon hunters? I only know what I do from the legion preview

What is new info here for you? That DH are melee or that they will be as populous as DKs and Monks were at start of their respective expansions?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

No I'm saying that fights were just as unfriendly to melee in Wrath when DKs were new and in MoP when Monks were new. Demon Hunters won't change the way they design fights.

• Options

No I'm saying that fights were just as unfriendly to melee in Wrath when DKs were new and in MoP when Monks were new. Demon Hunters won't change the way they design fights.

Ah, okay now I get what you were saying. Yeah, still gonna be just as melee-unfriendly as ever in the fights. I'm probably going back to my mage, I'm busy bringing him to some community raid nights on Tu-Th to do Normal HFC now. Even got to bring him for a couple Heroic HFC fights when guild couldn't get the 5 healers for Mythic Council attempts.

Speaking of which, some of these Mythic compositions are just so stupid. It was bullshit in Blackrock with Blast Furnace too.

• Options
    Jumping in to WoD raiding on my "coming back to wow tour" and holy shit is LFR nerfed to the ground. You don't even need to have a reasonable understanding of fight mechanics and they're so much easier than 5 man heroics why even bother.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I stopped playing when my friends all quit and now I don't have the time anyway. I still read a lot of these threads for whatever reason though.

• Options
    Any advice for getting Iron Dwarf Medium Rare to work? Living isn't the problem, the breath kills don't seem to be counting though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Any advice for getting Iron Dwarf Medium Rare to work? Living isn't the problem, the breath kills don't seem to be counting though.

Iirc their hp has to be low enough for the breath to kill them which is ridiculously tricky at 100 without killing them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well I've tried just letting them eat breaths until they die and that didn't work, and I tried waiting until she enraged to one shot them and that didn't either.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    The biggest I advice I can give is to pace it out over multiple lockouts. If you try to get all 100 at once, you will quickly go insane. Maybe try unequipping weapons so you aren't accidentally killing them early?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah, I did it by going resto spec and unequipping stuff and punching each dwarf once. It was boring and tedious and buggy and not each one seemed to count properly. Just try to get some to count and then maybe reset or push on for the next week.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I had always heard that you need to let her enrage. You'll survive just fine, but it's the only way to get her to do enough damage.

Edit: I see you tried that. I've never had the patience for that achievement.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    None of these are useful pieces of advice. Lemme lay it down for you, the hard truth which is so shockingly simple you're gonna smack your forehead.

@Styrofoam Sammich Zoom in a bit, have a LOT of them gathered up. Get them right in front of the boss and wait for her to breath. The very second she does, the mobs will glow blue briefly. Kill them right then and there. Just blow them the fuck up. That is what makes the achievement actually count. Obviously you let her go back into the air and repeat.

• Options
    None of these are useful pieces of advice. Lemme lay it down for you, the hard truth which is so shockingly simple you're gonna smack your forehead.

@Styrofoam Sammich Zoom in a bit, have a LOT of them gathered up. Get them right in front of the boss and wait for her to breath. The very second she does, the mobs will glow blue briefly. Kill them right then and there. Just blow them the fuck up. That is what makes the achievement actually count. Obviously you let her go back into the air and repeat.

Can I build up a ton, ground her, then do that?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i did it as destruction warlock, unequipped my weapon and trained a mob of them quickly through a rain of fire cast. i recall having to do it multiple times, so i just ran out and reset her. i think it took about 45 mins, but it was the last achievement i needed and am incredibly stubborn

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options

Can I build up a ton, ground her, then do that?

No need to ground her, it works for the normal breath. People seem to still think you have to damage them before she breaths on them. That isn't the case. When I accidentally figured it out I laughed out my frustration for a solid minute before quickly finishing the achievement.

• Options
    The problem with doing it before grounding her is its hard for me to tank the adds without killing them so a lot of stuff winds up on the engineers.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.