Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

145791097

Posts

  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Ah that's a good point. As a monk I basically just slapped an ox statue down and waited.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    One of the few achievements that was easier to do when it was current content

  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there's no requirement that you kill her, so you can just go until she enrages (she'll eventually kill you) and then start again.

    I just waited until she landed, then timed aoes for her big breath and I'd get a few dwarves each time. I think it took me two pulls to finish.

    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'm not sure the boss could have any chance of killing a decently geared Level 100, especially not a tank. Also no need to die, you can run off out of the room once she's landed to reset the encounter.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Did anyone mention they finally turned on the Pepe costumes today? Because they did and also added a Pepe plush to the store (likely why they waited).

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    One of the few achievements that was easier to do when it was current content

    Sadly I have most of them when it was current content except for that one

    Because I was running with a understanding group IE 4 guilds came together understanding they could do it
    But the I love the smell of Saronite in the morning really did cause one of them to kick people because they messed it up bad

    Opty wrote: »
    Did anyone mention they finally turned on the Pepe costumes today? Because they did and also added a Pepe plush to the store (likely why they waited).

    I would like the toy but since no one kills the outdoor bosses anymore I don't even bother tracking him down

  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It's always fun when you jump in on Wednesday evening, start sorting groups out, and then one of your tanks (who is a senior guild member) drops group, leaves TS, and gets booted from the guild. Fun times.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Did anyone mention they finally turned on the Pepe costumes today? Because they did and also added a Pepe plush to the store (likely why they waited).

    OH MY GOD.

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still the Hogger is beyond tempting for something so menacing and kawaii

  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've been trying to do the stupid Iron Dwarf Medium Rare achievement on my monk. The problem I have is even when they're breathed on and have the debuff my Keg Smash almost always crits and kills her so I don't get credit for them dieing. It's frustrating since it's the only achievement I need for that Meta. This even happens without a weapon equiped. Think I'd survive if I stripped off most of my gear and did it?

  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    When I did it (back in normal highmaul gear) as a DK, I took off all of my gear except for cloak, neck, and rings, and equipped my Shadow's Edge so that I did only about 2/3 of their HP in damage with a single blood boil or death coil. I collected them until she enraged at low HP, let her breathe on them to kill them, then jumped off the edge and repeat.

  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Looks like patch 6.2.3 will be a thing and it's bringing some pretty cool things with it. Grove Warden mount obtainable in-game, cool looking Infinite Dragonflight mount via Timewalking and the return of Valor upgrades. Good on Blizz for adding those things.

  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Wait what? WHAT?!

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Grove Warden is a limited-time reward from a questline related to defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde.

    :(

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Grove Warden is a limited-time reward from a questline related to defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde.

    :(

    Yeah. I figure I'll do what I did for the Garrosh mount since my guild has long since stopped raiding and just buy a run. If the mount quest item is indeed a 'one drop for each player' item, I can't imagine it'll be too pricey a run.

  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    On the bright side, upgrades are back so Archi will be a joke with the insane gear we'll be getting.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    They never seem to learn the ilvl lesson.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    On the bright side, upgrades are back so Archi will be a joke with the insane gear we'll be getting.

    Pretty much. The cynic in me says that player activity is at an all-time low so they're more or less offering what has been one of the most anticipated mounts in-game rather than in-store, at least to begin with. Makes sense to me at least.

  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Arthil wrote: »
    Grove Warden is a limited-time reward from a questline related to defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde.

    :(

    Wish I could actually get in on a good H Archimonde kill. Would be easier if my guild actually bothered to do it and get the AotC achievement.

    Edit: Also, they REALLY need to remove the world boss requirement from the Pepe achievement. Like, a while ago.

    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Thing is I'm already seeing people demanding you have 720+ Item Level to run Mythic Dungeons.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Thing is I'm already seeing people demanding you have 720+ Item Level to run Mythic Dungeons.

    -_- 700 ilvl is more than enough to make mythic dungeons a joke.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I've been trying to do the stupid Iron Dwarf Medium Rare achievement on my monk. The problem I have is even when they're breathed on and have the debuff my Keg Smash almost always crits and kills her so I don't get credit for them dieing. It's frustrating since it's the only achievement I need for that Meta. This even happens without a weapon equiped. Think I'd survive if I stripped off most of my gear and did it?

    have your statue tank her while you tank the dwarves.

  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'm just wondering how much a H-Archi run might be. Like... It cost me about 4.5k to get a Garrosh heirloom last expansion, came in at the tail end. But now? Man I think we'll be lucky if a guild doesn't charge 300k.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Damn this is going to be a great patch.

    Pit of Saron & Magisters Terrace Timewalking, awesome.
    Cata timewalking...eh, I have no nostalgia for those since I didn't play Cata. It's cool, I guess.

    Cross realm mythic will be cool. I could have come to help tank for @Lorahalo tonight!

  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how much a H-Archi run might be. Like... It cost me about 4.5k to get a Garrosh heirloom last expansion, came in at the tail end. But now? Man I think we'll be lucky if a guild doesn't charge 300k.

    It doesn't look like anyone is currently charging more than ~75k. However, that may depend on various factors (if you want gear, how hard it is to carry you, etc). Though the grove warden may make things pricier.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Zython Other sources say completely different. 125k for just Archimonde with personal loot, 200k for full 13/13 with personal loot, 450k for 13/13 with master loot.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    If that Grove Warden mount is the exact same one that ends up on the shop then that is stupid horseshit and there really isn't any valid argument that could defend it as anything but lazy and greedy.

    If it's different then hey, no problem.

  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    since I can't check sites at work:

    How exactly will valor upgrades work if there's no valor? or are they just bringing the whole system back?

  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Mmm. Standard power creep patch at this stage of the expansion. Upgrades again? Ho hum. I didn't really like those in Pandaria...

    There's some cool stuff in here though.

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mythic Dungeons can drop up to 725 item level stuff now, huh...? That's neat... but it's a chance on a warforged drop? A chance of a chance? It's also a gradient from 705 to 725. It's more of a chance of a chance of a chance...

    Well when it comes down to it I like encouraging 5 man play.

  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Damn this is going to be a great patch.

    Pit of Saron & Magisters Terrace Timewalking, awesome.
    Cata timewalking...eh, I have no nostalgia for those since I didn't play Cata. It's cool, I guess.

    Cross realm mythic will be cool. I could have come to help tank for Lorahalo tonight!

    It was pretty fun though. We didn't expect him to be amazing or anything cus he's actually a windwalker with heals offspec, but we had fun with healing him. Managed to get M Iskar down with a tank who'd never tanked anything except H Archi before!

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    @Zython Other sources say completely different. 125k for just Archimonde with personal loot, 200k for full 13/13 with personal loot, 450k for 13/13 with master loot.

    Well, I just looked it up on google, so I don't know.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Grove Warden is a limited-time reward from a questline related to defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde.

    :(

    What? What's the grove warden?

  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    since I can't check sites at work:

    How exactly will valor upgrades work if there's no valor? or are they just bringing the whole system back?

    Valor's coming back, from multiple sources. The quests for weekly bonus events, first random Raid Finder of the day, Mythic dungeons, first random heroic of the day. I think all of those give Valor, and they said Mythic dungeons should be the 'best' source.

  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    Grove Warden is a limited-time reward from a questline related to defeating Heroic or Mythic Archimonde.

    :(

    What? What's the grove warden?

    It's the moose mount.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    since I can't check sites at work:

    How exactly will valor upgrades work if there's no valor? or are they just bringing the whole system back?

    Valor's coming back, from multiple sources. The quests for weekly bonus events, first random Raid Finder of the day, Mythic dungeons, first random heroic of the day. I think all of those give Valor, and they said Mythic dungeons should be the 'best' source.

    Still a cap of 1000, with upgrades being 250 apiece, and items can be upgraded twice?

  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    lol at valor coming back.

    Seriously, Blizzard, just fucking nut up already and admit that almost everything you've done with gear and attaining it since Wrath has been a mistake.

    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    since I can't check sites at work:

    How exactly will valor upgrades work if there's no valor? or are they just bringing the whole system back?

    Valor's coming back, from multiple sources. The quests for weekly bonus events, first random Raid Finder of the day, Mythic dungeons, first random heroic of the day. I think all of those give Valor, and they said Mythic dungeons should be the 'best' source.

    Still a cap of 1000, with upgrades being 250 apiece, and items can be upgraded twice?

    2 levels up upgrade, yes. Don't think I saw a mention of cap or upgrade price.

  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    There's not going to be a Valor vendor itself, though. Which, I guess, is fair since there's a ton of ways to get gear at the moment. Leave it for specifically upgrading stuff.

    Something I wouldn't mind is if there was a heroic Timewalking option, with higher difficulty, but maybe guarantees everything that drops to be warforged.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Dear Jesus. If they backtrack any harder, we'll be in MoP.

  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.