As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] HEAD TO THE LZ FOR EXTRACTION TO NEW THREAD!

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Enough extra structure to survive 1 extra ER Medium is really a game changer /s

It seems like they aren't putting any effort into quirks. Why would you give an IS Medium the same quirks as a Clan Light like the Arctic Cheetah. Sure, IS gets an extra 5% (7.5 vs 2.5) on one weapon for a total 15% extra performance to energy weapons that are 15% to 40% less effective across the board in range and damage, but that hardly makes up for the Clan XL we're missing.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I'm not at all miffed about the crab's quirks. I already knew after seeing its height that it wouldn't be the medium thunderbolt everyone was hoping for. The fact that we got even one variant with generic heat reduction, 7.5% though it may be, is a surprise to me. That one will end up being the one people pilot after eliting the rest, not unlike most other chassis. It still looks like it's going to be very playable just by virtue of being tiny, and if the hitboxes are even halfway decent it should roll damage very well.

Y'all need to chill.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    It seems to me that PGI thinks that it overreacted with some of the initial quirk rollouts, and they've become gunshy over new chassis quirks without seeing volumes of live-server performance data.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Except the Arctic Cheetah apparently. A light with ECM, Jump Jets and enough hardpoints to give the Firestarter a run for its money... Eh... lets give it the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    basically give the clans everything, and give IS nothing.

its not like IS players give them money, or anything. IS players are just worthless gong farmers, here to scoop the shit of our betters.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Ok I caved and bought a KGC-000.

Can I get a full dakka build recommended?

Not too bothered if there's no missiles or lasers. Though Streak SRMS might be fun and help with them pesky lights.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Tayrun wrote: »
    Ok I caved and bought a KGC-000.

Can I get a full dakka build recommended?

Not too bothered if there's no missiles or lasers. Though Streak SRMS might be fun and help with them pesky lights.

You can do the 4 U/AC5s with 2 Mediums on it, or 6 AC2's for the lawls. The Dakka Gods will be pleased! 2 AC20's/2 LL/Std 340 is a decent pub build and gets full quirkage, but pretty limited by range. I like the Dual Gauss with 2 ER Large Lasers and a Std 320. Its boring, but it works.

I strip a lot of leg and arm armor off since you get quirks for them, and the arms are too low to take a ton of fire.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    @Tayrun

std 300, remove ferro, add endo, 4xUAC5, all the ammo you can cram.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

@Tayrun

Here is a build Buttcleft posted for me the other day.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    But but but the AC20s are so big and I want them ...

• Options
    But but but the AC20s are so big and I want them ...

You can keep them if you want. I run mine with 2 AC20s, ERPPC and 360XL.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I wouldn't use a 300 engine if you can help it. At least a Std 320 is a good start.

KGC-000: Std 320, Endo, DHS, 2 Medium Lasers, 4 UAC5s w/ 10 tons ammo

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    I wouldn't use a 300 engine if you can help it. At least a Std 320 is a good start.

KGC-000: Std 320, Endo, DHS, 2 Medium Lasers, 4 UAC5s w/ 10 tons ammo

eh, I wouldn't invest in a new engine for the crab unless you are going to buy a 360xl

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I suppose the ERLL is one of the few weapons where the clans have less of an extreme advantage over the IS (and we tend to have an range advantage because they opt for large pulses 90% of the time).

Perhaps the crab may have some niche use as an ERLL half-stalker in community warfare?

I am fed up with how timid they are to quirk the IS mechs. The deck is stacked so heavily against the IS from the start that there is little chance that they could outperform the timber wolf or storm crow if they deliberately tried to overpower the IS mech.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Engines are pretty important and the 320 fits well in a lot of assaults. The XL360 is a good engine to have in your inventory too, but costs about 3x as much. If I was gonna do an XL/AC20 build...

KGC-000: XL360, Endo, DHS, 2 Large Pulse, 2 AC20s w/ 7 tons ammo

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    Engines are pretty important and the 320 fits well in a lot of assaults. The XL360 is a good engine to have in your inventory too, but costs about 3x as much. If I was gonna do an XL/AC20 build...

KGC-000: XL360, Endo, DHS, 2 Large Pulse, 2 AC20s w/ 7 tons ammo

Theres only two engines that should go in a king crab.

300std, cause it comes with it, if you are scared of side torso loss.

and 360XL, because the massive speed increase massively offsets the XL disability, plus its all ct anyway and the extra speed from the 360XL lets you avoid more damage and be more survivable than a std.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The kgc isn't all CT. You can rip it's sides off from most angles. The kgc is one of the few mechs that has good arguments for and against equipping IS XL engines, but don't create the illusion that it is all CT because it isn't. Equipping the XL engine will have an acute effect on the kgc's ability to absorb damage.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You're not the boss of me. I will buy a Std 335 just because and put it in there on Tuesday while I print out my 55 million Cbills and rub them all over myself.

Man, that Warhammer pack is singing a whale of a mating song :( I think the BW addon is almost worth it for the XL 280 alone.

(I wish there was an IS mech for CBills that I wanted to buy... Someone quick talk me out of the Quickdraw... )

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    The kgc isn't all CT. You can rip it's sides off from most angles. The kgc is one of the few mechs that has good arguments for and against equipping IS XL engines, but don't create the illusion that it is all CT because it isn't. Equipping the XL engine will have an acute effect on the kgc's ability to absorb damage.

The King Crab is all CT.

Losing a ST is a one in a hundred fluke.

and I'd rather have a faster, more survivable mech those other 99 times.

• Options
    That's false. It is common for STD engine crabs to lose a ST and keep on trucking for a few more minutes. You're probably face tanking too much if they're only ever hitting your CT.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I wish mom and dad would stop arguing and agree so I know which engine to buy...

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
  • Options
    I wish mom and dad would stop arguing and agree so I know which engine to buy...

Save up and get the XL360 cause its fun to go fast. You'll get a lot of use out of it in the long run. Its the max engine on the Shadowhawk, Wolverine, Griffin, Dragon, Quickdraw, Centurion D, Black Knight, Marauder, Orion, King Crab and Atlas.

Its not always the best choice, but its always a fun choice.

• Options

They have their pros and cons. Your firepower shouldn't be compromised either way.

The standard engine will let you be more durable (and of course is cheaper).

The XL engine will make you more fragile, but it will also help you keep up with your team if they decide to Nascar. With pugs there is a real risk that they may abandon you to the wolves, and then no amount of armor will save you. It is also really expensive.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hmm...decision time:

With the 2mil cbill injection tomorrow, I'll be able to pick up an Ebon Jaguar. But the Shadow Cat opens up for bills tomorrow, too. Anybody have any suggestions? My ultimate goal is to have a cat-themed drop deck (that I'll likely never use).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

Oh yeah. The patch notes reminded me that we're about to have the shadowcat and Arctic cheater available for cbills. What we've been seeing is just a prelude. ArmaGECM is about to begin in earnest.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You know what I love about this conversation?

@Buttcleft and @General_Armchair literally have this same argument, tit for tat, every time it comes up. This is at least the third time I think I recall you guys basically disagreeing point-for-point on the KGC vs. engine type.

Never change, guys. Never change. :D

[Edit]

OH EFF YES NEW CAUSTIC VALLEY WOOP WOOP!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Nips wrote: »
    You know what I love about this conversation?

@Buttcleft and @General_Armchair literally have this same argument, tit for tat, every time it comes up. This is at least the third time I think I recall you guys basically disagreeing point-for-point on the KGC vs. engine type.

Never change, guys. Never change. :D

[Edit]

lw3whu6w1bjp.jpg

This is the sixth time we've had this dispute, and we've become exceedingly efficient at it.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

300STD that it comes with until you can afford a 360XL.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    [Edit]

Yes but for some reason I was hoping that it got bigger like the previous two. So more NASCAR but with not so many popping over the caldera matches.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    The most overlooked quirk on the Crab is that +20% torso twist. It's is going to roll DoT lasers like a champ (as long as the hitboxes cooperate) I think it will be an upscaled Raven and not a down scaled Stalker.

The re-quirkening will change everything anyways.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Edit]

Yes but for some reason I was hoping that it got bigger like the previous two. So more NASCAR but with not so many popping over the caldera matches.

They said at the beginning Caustic Valley was going to be more a cosmetic overhall than a complete revamp ala Forest Colony

• Options
    GrainGrain Registered User regular
    Hey guys, Just got into this. Gotta admit that the Battletech KS is what did it. I used to play the tabletop version a bunch and absolutely loved the MechWarrior series. Do y'all have an outfit and how can I get in?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

White: 1721-3651-2720
  • Options
    [Edit]

They said at the beginning Caustic Valley was going to be more a cosmetic overhall than a complete revamp ala Forest Colony

Which is mostly fine by me. I'd like a total revamp, but they're putting that energy into New Alpine. Shinier Caustic is fine, the old version looks like mudbutts.

• Options
    Grain wrote: »
    Hey guys, Just got into this. Gotta admit that the Battletech KS is what did it. I used to play the tabletop version a bunch and absolutely loved the MechWarrior series. Do y'all have an outfit and how can I get in?

Welcome aboard the whale-ship of fools! Just drop your in-game handle here somewhere, and someone will send you a Unit invite.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular

Thing the first: you've done pretty much what you need to get in, so, congrats. Read the first few posts on page one to learn a bunch, including how to play with us.

Thing the second: it is difficult to send you any sort of invitation when you don't tell us your in-game name. :P

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Congratulations! You are now officially a member of the Oosik Irregulars, unless you'd like to be an Iron Oosik dirty clansman, which is cool, too.

What's your in-game name?

As for starting tips, do the tutorial and practice the 'mech race one until you get a gold star for maximum rewards.

Over your first couple dozen matches you'll get a huge bonus payout called your "Cadet Bonus."

Don't spend it yet - hold on to it and try out the trial mechs until you figure out what you like to pilot, and we'll help point you at the best way to get that done.

• Options
    If you like pain, suffering, and the developers lashing you to a table, holding your eyes open with metal clips and shitting directly onto your eyeball..Then play IS mechs.

If you want to kill stuff and pretend to be a living god in a online game, play Clan mechs.

• Options
    [Edit]

Which is mostly fine by me. I'd like a total revamp, but they're putting that energy into New Alpine. Shinier Caustic is fine, the old version looks like mudbutts.

Guess there's nothing to see here then. Move along. Move along.

Since I'm not one of the cool Crab cakes kids, this weekend will have me running around in my new shiney Wolverine and Nova.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni is too good for us lowly peasants and our crabs.