Options

7 dead in a community college shooting in Oregon

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Okay I guess those are pictures dating back to november second, calais is fine

Phew

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    hardliners and extremists are going to feed off each other like crazy. I've met french taking xenophobic to the next level

Jars on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i'm seeing conflicting information on this one, at least some of the images getting tossed around are from earlier this month

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I feel likr the more specialized he fiel
    One of calais' biggest refugee camps has been set on fire

Where are you getting this from

Is there a fire at the refugee camp? You earlier called on people in this thread not to speculate

Speculating doesnt really entail randomly declaring things on fire

I think his implication is quite clearly that someone deliberately set a fire

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Okay I guess those are pictures dating back to november second, calais is fine

Phew

Insofar as Calais can be fine

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    hardliners and extremists are going to feed off each other like crazy. and I've met french taking xenophobic to the next level

There is a large extreme-right contingent in France.

Like, nazis-in-all-but-name, and they get enough votes each election to be considered a legitimate party.

This is oil on a fire in one of the more flammable countries out there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Fires: False, happened earlier this month.

Bodycount: unproven and unconfirmed for now.

• Options
    I'm not speculating motive, which is what people are going to want to do in moments like these

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    BBC: "it does appear these were old pictures from some time ago, I did warn these picture were to be taken with up-most care... we will set that to one side".

• Options
    Really feel like throwing up now. The air has become stale and my flesh has become leaden.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    When I went to Paris this past summer I was a little shocked to see soldiers in full fatigues with assault rifles patrolling the grounds of the Louvre. I certainly have a better understanding of why that is...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    hardliners and extremists are going to feed off each other like crazy. and I've met french taking xenophobic to the next level

Like, nazis-in-all-but-name, and they get enough votes each election to be considered a legitimate party.

I met someone on steam who straight up said that the migrants should all be deported because they are intellectually inferior and immoral, and destroying white culture which is the last bastion of civilization

yeah. disturbing.

• Options
    I'm not speculating motive, which is what people are going to want to do in moments like these

Spreading false rumours also doesn't help

• Options
    Poland just had a far right demonstration of 25k to 50K yesterday, burning the EU flag and claiming Poland for Poland.

However many have died tonight, shit is going to hit the fan.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Fuck.

Just... fuck.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

I met someone on steam who straight up said that the migrants should all be deported because they are intellectually inferior and immoral, and destroying white culture which is the last bastion of civilization

yeah. disturbing.

We're talking about France, not America.

Sorry, trying to find any levity I can in this disaster.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Everywhere across Europe there are groups with extreme views on migrants.

I'm not sure its good to talk about that right now though or say one place is worst than others.

• Options
    well, it's going to be very relevant very soon as this will empower them(and in turn empower groups like ISIS)

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I raised a glass in salute to France earlier.

My thoughts are with the the people of Paris.

My hope is that someday we will never have to face a tragedy like this again as a species.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Hey...love and care for the whole lot of you folks. <3

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    News is now reporting that the Bataclan concert hall was apparently known as a possible target for attacks and some month ago some suspects claimed to be planning an attack on it because the owners are jewish.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Can Geth maybe be dissabled for this thread?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    People keep saying that geth should have a list of key words that make him ignore a post

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Spreading false rumours also doesn't help

I made a mistake, is there anything else you'd like to hear

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    the right-wing punditsphere being particularly vile right now certainly isn't helping things.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i choose to believe the right-wing punditsphere exists only as a fictional bad guy entity from a video game, like the evil faction in Pokemon.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Edit: Removed, what I posted was denied by French Justice Ministry.

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Im holding off believing anything being reported right now. Doesn't quite jive that the president would visit the scene, make a statement and not include a reference to officers killed.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    nope, nevermind

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    It would be cool if we didn't post stuff like that

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Sorry Whippy, I'll take it down

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I only just found out about this due to being away from news till just now.

There are no words.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm using this thread as a bullshit filter. I thank everyone for the self correction I witnessed after the fact.

• Options
    edited November 2015

French sites are not reporting on this and it is not part of the official speech which was released

Maybe he actually did say this but it would be a really dumb choice of words for historical reasons

Platy on
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular

French sites are not reporting on this and it is not part of the official speech which was released

Maybe he actually did say this but it would be a really dumb choice of words for historical reasons

He said that when he visited the Bataclan. On his defense, "impitoyable" is much less harsh than "pitiless".

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Been real busy all day, just processing this now.

This is so, so sad.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    That's more like "relentless", yeah

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    That's more like "relentless", yeah

Yeah, that's a good "tone equivalent" word, I guess

This discussion has been closed.