As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're just talking about Podcasts!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Who's this kid on last week's Sawbones
    Cause she's pretty sharp

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I had to stop playing sentris because I would spend all my time making my beats sound good instead of solving the levels

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I had to stop playing sentris because I would spend all my time making my beats sound good instead of solving the levels

Yeah the game part of it kind of lost me because in the process of solving the puzzle I would make the loop sound worse. So now I think I just want to mess around with Sentris as a neat music creation thing

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Cause she's pretty sharp

Rileigh, Sydnee's sister

she's incredible

edit: also the best justin mcelroy impression in the business

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Cause she's pretty sharp

Oh man if you haven't listened to the other rileigh episode you need to because it is awesome

She's almost a better justin than justin

• Options
    Who is the guy on the adventure zone this week, I haven't heard him on the flophouse before. He's super great

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I should write a email into match 3

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Can someone link me the stream where that happens

I watched the Video Dudes Are Gone Stream, but skipped over a chunk of the set up, and it wasn't on it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Who is the guy on the adventure zone this week, I haven't heard him on the flophouse before. He's super great

Zhubin is another Daily Show dude

He hasn't been around in a while, but I know he was on the Atlas Shrugged episode

• Options
    You can tell that Justin has been super formative in rileigh's life, because even on this episode when she isn't trying to be like Justin she is so much like Justin. And I mean they would have been married when she was like, six or seven.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

He hasn't been around in a while, but I know he was on the Atlas Shrugged episode

He is super fast, man, like almost as fast as Elliott

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he's really good

I'd been hoping for a Hallie fourth chair, obviously

But I am not angry about the Zhubin one, not at all

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

He's also on Trespass which is one of the best episodes ever

Also he is actually the head writer now!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I would pick up Flop House again just to drop it again.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I might have to send in corrections to the Beastcast, they kind of mangled the explanation of FOBs in Metal Gear this week.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    an hour and forty minutes into this adventure time and we're doing the first and probably only fight

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    an hour and forty minutes into this adventure time and we're doing the first and probably only fight

As it should be. Roleplaying plays way better for radio than combat does. Although I did enjoy the fight scene.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I wish the people I knew that wanted to play D&D would just want to play like Adventure Zone does

I am all about the narrative type stuff and could not care less about the combat

the last time I made a D&D character, it was modeled after Larry David

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm totally down to do some light role playing stuff during dnd games but I want nothing more than to roll dice and punch things for big numbers

The Betgirl on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

I wish the people I knew that wanted to play D&D would just want to play like Adventure Zone does

I am all about the narrative type stuff and could not care less about the combat

the last time I made a D&D character, it was modeled after Larry David

You'd be a perfect fit for my group. 12 sessions in and we've had maybe three battles and the closest thing to a map we've had for any of them was a quick sketch on a piece of notepaper.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm totally down to do some light role playing stuff during dnd games but I want nothing more than to roll dice and punch things for big numbers

so shocked by this, sweetie

just

absolutely floored

• Options
    i don't mind narrative stuff as long as there is agency for the characters beyond just finding different ways to talk to people. I want to be overcoming something other than social interaction. Like, puzzles or you know, sneaking around, etc.

i mean i think this episode was fantastic, I just thought it was funny.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm only 1/3 of the way through Patrick's second attempt at Giant Bomb Level 2, but it was super disappointing when he hit all the hidden blocks except the one with the boos.

• Options
    Personally I enjoy both types of DnD and my ideal game would blend the dungeon-crawley/battle-mappy gameplay with deep story and compellingly roleplayed characters. But I'll take either style on its own, if done well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Oh my god. Can the Flop House gang just... run an adventure on the Adventure Zone's off-weeks? That was amazing.

Also totally happy with the majority of the session being roleplay instead of number crunching. My tabletop group plays Fate/Fate Core games because numbers are awful and pretending to be someone else is the fun part, so I'm cool with the majority of the show not involving fights.

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Oh my god. Can the Flop House gang just... run an adventure on the Adventure Zone's off-weeks? That was amazing.

I know Griffin wants to do something with their characters--I'm hoping for a crossover someday.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    every time I tried to do any kind of real narrative work most of my players just wanted to dick around and make shitty jokes

so I stopped putting in the effort

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Dm/player mesh is tough and can ruin games and hurt feelings

You gotta roll with each other, its a compromise

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    yeah once I stopped caring about my grand narrative and just gave them thin justifications for punching shit it got a lot better

I'm still kind of bummed because there were a couple of players who were engaged with what I was trying to do but thems the breaks

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Weekly reminder that Friends at the Table is great. I love Austin's different voices for the NPCs (especially anytime he is a robot, he does good robot).

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    And if you can find a balance between GM and players, it gets easier over time because you adapt to each others' playstyles. I've noticed every time someone else from my group GMs that they take a lot of cues from the guy who usually does it, but always with their own individual flairs. It's a shame no one else in the group has the follow-through to actually run a campaign, because I'd really like to see what they could bring to the table (also I'd really like to play a character alongside our usual GM).

I get it!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    And if you can find a balance between GM and players, it gets easier over time because you adapt to each others' playstyles. I've noticed every time someone else from my group GMs that they take a lot of cues from the guy who usually does it, but always with their own individual flairs. It's a shame no one else in the group has the follow-through to actually run a campaign, because I'd really like to see what they could bring to the table (also I'd really like to play a character alongside our usual GM).

I get it!

I hate you joel

• Options

so shocked by this, sweetie

just

absolutely floored

look, look. i like to blow stuff up.

• Options

I get it!

I hate you joel

Clearly your subconscious loves me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    seasleepy wrote: »
    Weekly reminder that Friends at the Table is great. I love Austin's different voices for the NPCs (especially anytime he is a robot, he does good robot).

i would like a bribe

• Options
    why does griping about how frustrating it can be to run a tabletop game make me want to run another tabletop game

who did this to you, self? Who made you this way?

• Options
    I absolutely want to run a game but I cannot for the life of me get any worldbuilding together for one

• Options
    I absolutely want to run a game but I cannot for the life of me get any worldbuilding together for one

I have the opposite problem. Tons of worldbuilding and large-scale story beats, no idea what to do for the day-to-day gameplay.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I have no time to run a game but love to do worldbuilding

is it finally time for us to form the unstoppable tag team that we were always destined to be?

This discussion has been closed.