As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    amicabilis wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    @DodgeBlan @amicabilis @Evil Monkey @GnomeTank @Jean Claude Van Calm

Assuming I haven't already missed Taken 2: Oryx Dies At The End, I won't be around this weekend due to canuck turkey appreciation day. I'll be attempting to find a group tonight (and Monday night if necessary or requested).

If there was a sequel I missed it too, I'm totally ready to raid toniiiiighta

Try to bang it out quickly at 7 pm PST?

I'm your huckleberry. I'll make sure I'm around at 1850-ish.

Sounds good to me, I'm in.

I can't tonight :( My flight simulator group does our weekly flight Friday's at 7 PST. So unless we start later, I won't make it tonight.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So me and @Iron Weasel did a bit of Court last night. Didn't want to stay too long because there were only 4 Guardians there including us, and I'm openly doubtful about our ability to 4-man a T3 Rune. Shouldn't have worried. Raze-Lighter put down Kagoor in maybe three swings. I actually felt bad once the servile Ogre went down and Kagoor was at our mercy.

Sword. It's gonna fuck you up.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Heroic SABER needs to die by my hand. Tonight.

I'll the100 it

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the swords are brutal. I mean most boss characters have an aoe melee hit, but if you block it/dodge it. You can get some r trigger swings in and annihilate them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I still find it hilarious and sad that the most sought-after item from the raid is the ghost from the first damn chest.

I know from experience it can drop from the second chest as well. Its not just the first one can drop it. But yeah I was happy as hell when I got a 308 ghost.

The first chest can drop Ghost Shells? As in the one directly inside the Portal and not the one directly before Warpriest?

If so, I have never seen a Ghost Shell drop there, ever.

I have gotten 3 Ghost Shells, 302, 302 and 303 from the one before Warpriest.

Sirialis on
    People said that first chest can drop ghosts, but I and a couple others in my raid got it from the one before war priest. Maybe I misheard.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I still find it hilarious and sad that the most sought-after item from the raid is the ghost from the first damn chest.

I know from experience it can drop from the second chest as well. Its not just the first one can drop it. But yeah I was happy as hell when I got a 308 ghost.

I think rndmhero meant the second chest, as most folks don't register that you get a chest after Double-Dunk in the Court of Oryx.

I've never seen anything but Moldy Shards drop from that first chest.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So I was doing Gatelord and chill with Sleeper Simulant and I two-shot it because the second shot bounced off the portal and respeared

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So has everyone gone through the red bull quest? I stopped at the SABER sniper timed run part. Pretty soon its going to be my only content left. It seems like it gets difficult near the end.

steam_sig.png
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    still need people for a Raid 10am GMT, Sunday, I have 4 people, need 2 more. Xbone.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Question: My sleeper stimulant requires Helium filaments to upgrade. I've burned through the 300+ I had left from Y1 (somehow), so I went to Archer's Line to do some farming. The coils on the ground and the chests in the area all give me no filaments? The chests give me glimmer, but I did a full circuit twice and ended up with zero helium. What do? Anyone have any ideas?

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    Question: My sleeper stimulant requires Helium filaments to upgrade. I've burned through the 300+ I had left from Y1 (somehow), so I went to Archer's Line to do some farming. The coils on the ground and the chests in the area all give me no filaments? The chests give me glimmer, but I did a full circuit twice and ended up with zero helium. What do? Anyone have any ideas?

sounds like a glitch. head to orbit and try again? may need to exit the game fully and log back in.

edited October 2015
    metaghost wrote: »

I think rndmhero meant the second chest, as most folks don't register that you get a chest after Double-Dunk in the Court of Oryx.

WHAT?!?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

WHAT?!?

Right after you go through the portal, yeah. I've also only ever seen a Moldy Shard in there.

3clipse wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

WHAT?!?

Right after you go through the portal, yeah. I've also only ever seen a Moldy Shard in there.

Oh wait, I thought it was before the portal but after the dunking. Thanks.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Heroic SABER needs to die by my hand. Tonight.

I'll the100 it

I'm in!

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    This warsats thing is the first Destiny quest that's made me genuinely pissed off. Sword quest I grumbled at, other grindy stuff, whatever, but this?

I'm running around Mars, not playing the game, waiting for events to spawn. And they're never the event I need, so I have to just keep running around, not actually playing the game.

This is stupid. This is game design from 15 years ago. How did this get past testing and get approved to go into the game? You can't even make the argument that it's something you just "need to work for," because it's just sitting around and hoping the thing you need is what spawns.

What the fuck, Bungie? Why does one of your quests literally require me to waste my fucking time?

Different strokes. I once spent 2 hours derping around Ember Caves on Venus, just... Killing things. I know it was at least 2 hours, because I killed that many walkers as they spawned for events. Was great. Didn't consider it more or less a waste of time than anything else I could do in a game about shooting things until their loot falls out. I hear "must get 3 warsats" and I seriously thought "NBD, the strikes will be the annoying part."

I'm about 48 public events from filling the grimoire entry (complete 250), lol.
    Yo, I've spent 108 hours in Patrol. Partly because I'm not particularly social, and partly because I just love the feel of this game, especially when you're way above the level of the enemies.

... According to the app, I have participated in 260 public events in that time. I'd venture to say that 250 is a pretty crazy goal.

• Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    @DodgeBlan @amicabilis @Evil Monkey @GnomeTank @Jean Claude Van Calm

Assuming I haven't already missed Taken 2: Oryx Dies At The End, I won't be around this weekend due to canuck turkey appreciation day. I'll be attempting to find a group tonight (and Monday night if necessary or requested).

If there was a sequel I missed it too, I'm totally ready to raid toniiiiighta

Try to bang it out quickly at 7 pm PST?

I can do tonight

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    People said that first chest can drop ghosts, but I and a couple others in my raid got it from the one before war priest. Maybe I misheard.

Yeah I've gotten 2 of my three there. The third was from Oryx due to the 20 moldering shards bonus roll.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »

@JustTee Beat ya a dollar you're inventory is full. You don't get any prompt you just don't get the elements you're supposed to.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sleeper Simulant get! Had to 2 man the Warsat which was a little iffy, but the power of the bubble bro saw us through.

edited October 2015
    It was sure a joy to see my 20 Moldering Shards disappear last time we killed Oryx and I got --- Drum Roll --- NOTHING.

Please remove "Nothing" from possible Moldering Shard rolls Bungie, this shit shouldnt even need to be spelled out.

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »
    It was sure a joy to see my 20 Moldering Shards disappear last time we killed Oryx and I got --- Drum Roll --- NOTHING.

Please remove "Nothing" from possible Moldering Shard rolls Bungie, this shit shouldnt even need to be spelled out.

So the Oryx drop literally gave you nothing? Nothing waiting at the post master, not a single item?

I've gotten only the drop from Moldering shards once but that did give me one item.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    detail I just noticed in the FWC handcannon. When you shoot, the little liquid gauge in the back fizzes up a little. This fucking game.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited October 2015

So the Oryx drop literally gave you nothing? Nothing waiting at the post master, not a single item?

I've gotten only the drop from Moldering shards once but that did give me one item.

Nah, killing Oryx gave me a single pair of gloves (4th Handcannon reload ones) which were sent to the postmaster, I even got some identical ones from Golgoroth on the same trip.

The Moldering Shards gives an additional loot roll beyond those gloves, my problem is that this loot roll can end up being literally "Nothing", still takes your 20 Moldering Shards for zero reward, which I'd call bad design.

Sirialis on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    On Motorboat Kitten's raid last night, I was able to field-test my brand new Sleeper Simulant and Touch of Malice (SS for the first 3 bosses, ToM for the Big Guy.) So much fun using the Spartan Laser... just Zap! *giggle* Zap! *giggle* Zap! *giggle*

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Nah, killing Oryx gave me a single pair of gloves (4th Handcannon reload ones) which were sent to the postmaster, I even got some identical ones from Golgoroth on the same trip.

The Moldering Shards gives an additional loot roll beyond those gloves, my problem is that this loot roll can end up being literally "Nothing", still takes your 20 Moldering Shards for zero reward, which I'd call bad design.

Could be the other way around. The shards gave you the gloves and Oryx gave you nothing. Same shitty result but thats the way I'm told that it works. The example I have heard is when you get 2 shards from Oryx, which is the loot he dropped you, and the 20 you spend give you an actual item. It appears to alot of people like he is trading your 20 for 2.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    edited October 2015

Oryx doesn't drop gloves without shards. Your shards got you the gloves, Oryx just didn't give you shit.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    This warsats thing is the first Destiny quest that's made me genuinely pissed off. Sword quest I grumbled at, other grindy stuff, whatever, but this?

I'm running around Mars, not playing the game, waiting for events to spawn. And they're never the event I need, so I have to just keep running around, not actually playing the game.

This is stupid. This is game design from 15 years ago. How did this get past testing and get approved to go into the game? You can't even make the argument that it's something you just "need to work for," because it's just sitting around and hoping the thing you need is what spawns.

What the fuck, Bungie? Why does one of your quests literally require me to waste my fucking time?

Different strokes. I once spent 2 hours derping around Ember Caves on Venus, just... Killing things. I know it was at least 2 hours, because I killed that many walkers as they spawned for events. Was great. Didn't consider it more or less a waste of time than anything else I could do in a game about shooting things until their loot falls out. I hear "must get 3 warsats" and I seriously thought "NBD, the strikes will be the annoying part."

I'm about 48 public events from filling the grimoire entry (complete 250), lol.
    Yo, I've spent 108 hours in Patrol. Partly because I'm not particularly social, and partly because I just love the feel of this game, especially when you're way above the level of the enemies.

... According to the app, I have participated in 260 public events in that time. I'd venture to say that 250 is a pretty crazy goal.

We're Vanguard Nomad brothers! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited October 2015

Oryx doesn't drop gloves without shards. Your shards got you the gloves, Oryx just didn't give you shit.

That the current biggest endgame boss in the game wouldnt drop a single item when defeated is even worse.

I remember 3 times in a row where Crota gave me 2-3 shards for beating him, yeah thanks for that great reward.

Should be a guaranteed single drop from Oryx, 1 possible drop from Moldering Shards, fine it can be "Nothing" as a possible outcome, just dont use the shards then.

Sirialis on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Black Spindle stuffs

Cozmo just commented on a reminder about the Black Spindle nerf. ALL Black Spindles in vaults and inventories are being set to 290 (even if its a printed one that you have infused back up on your own) and the blueprint version will be the standard 280. I hope people infused into 1k Yard Stares and such and not new printed Spindles :?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    detail I just noticed in the FWC handcannon. When you shoot, the little liquid gauge in the back fizzes up a little. This fucking game.

This is an Omolon thing. Those circles are a fluid ammo gauge; the more you shoot, the less liquid in the bubble, until you reload. And yeah, it's a cool detail.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

This is an Omolon thing. Those circles are a fluid ammo gauge; the more you shoot, the less liquid in the bubble, until you reload. And yeah, it's a cool detail.

I prefer to think that the fluid is the ammo.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited October 2015
    squall99x wrote: »
    Black Spindle stuffs

Cozmo just commented on a reminder about the Black Spindle nerf. ALL Black Spindles in vaults and inventories are being set to 290 (even if its a printed one that you have infused back up on your own) and the blueprint version will be the standard 280. I hope people infused into 1k Yard Stares and such and not new printed Spindles :?

While I appreciate Bungie telling us in advance, I really think they are making a mistake here, getting a Black Spindle is not easy for most people, they should just let it stay as a 310 - Also for all future dropped Black Spindles.

... I have 3 x 310 Black Spindles, guess I'll have to find something to do with them before they get nerfed, thanks for letting your mistake be my problem Bungie.

Sirialis on
    Black Spindle stuffs

While I appreciate Bungie telling us in advance, I really think they are making a mistake here, getting a Black Spindle is not easy for most people, they should just let it stay as a 310 - Also for all future dropped Black Spindles.

Sorta agree with ya, though the Ipad version shouldn't come out at 300. That's...really not what those were for.

• weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    Black Spindle stuffs

This seems incredibly antagonistic on Bungie's part. If they want to change the drop and kiosk versions fine. But to nuke all Black Spindles regardless of how they were infused is punishing the user-base for Bungie's mistake.

XBL: The SquidProQuo
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    weddellkw wrote: »
    Black Spindle stuffs

This seems incredibly antagonistic on Bungie's part. If they want to change the drop and kiosk versions fine. But to nuke all Black Spindles regardless of how they were infused is punishing the user-base for Bungie's mistake.

listen, players should really have to earn their 310 exotics the way god intended: from random engram drops

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    Anyone up for helping me get my Epic void sword sometime in the next few hours?

TitusPullo13 on PS4

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Oh apparently if you're down to 1 rocket, if you switch to the sleeper you'll have full ammo for it.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    It's also ridiculous that it's going to let people effectively infuse weapons up who have one in advance and punish later adopters. The worst of all worlds.

Like I get that the schematic shouldn't be 300, but there is no reason the drop version shouldn't be 310 that quest aint easy.

pleasepaypreacher.net