As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Holy shit that last thread went fast.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Titan is great for Iron Banner. Both subclasses work well in control.

It's definitely the weakest class for Trials though. It's workable (I've made it to the Lighthouse on a triple titan team), but other classes have a better bag of tricks.

Can you go into more detail please? I sucked in Trials as a titan, and I'm sure part of it was my insistence on not following the Thorn/sniper meta, plus my general aggro style. But I'm curious to see what you think are the specifics of the titan kit that make them weaker in trials.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I am interested to see how hunters and titans fare in trials with their new supers.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I think Bungie will probably notice something is up when Trials of Osiris starts.

Team Full Sunbreaker Titans going up against Team Full Sunbreaker Titans.

Dont get me wrong, I'm taking my fucking Titan too!

How long did it take them though to address Thorn/Benevolence/Spear/Final Round? Almost the entirety of year 1?

Thorn was only an issue from about halfway through because originally it was horrible. The final round thing though....yeah.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

It's definitely the weakest class for Trials though. It's workable (I've made it to the Lighthouse on a triple titan team), but other classes have a better bag of tricks.

Can you go into more detail please? I sucked in Trials as a titan, and I'm sure part of it was my insistence on not following the Thorn/sniper meta, plus my general aggro style. But I'm curious to see what you think are the specifics of the titan kit that make them weaker in trials.

Honestly, year 1 was so bullshit from blink shotguns and invincible Ramlocks its hard to say what would be relevant now. We are in untested waters.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Which is why it will be so exciting to try (fail) to go to the Lighthouse again!

At least the meta will be wacky and my non-Hung Jury scout rifle will do great work (up until I am FireThor'ed/Palpatine'ed/Legolas'ed).

I think it'll actually be a refreshing change of pace from Y1 Trials that leaves me with some slight optimism at least about getting a full armor set.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I don't doubt that a good Titan could do amazing things with skating, lightning grenades and fist of havoc but in Y1 titans had a statistically significant decrease in KDR compared to the other classes.

I think that Hammer of Sol is the best current PVP super.

I have my doubts though as to whether titans are getting significantly more kills than storm callers in your average crucible match.

Hammer of Sol may be better, but storm callers weaknesses don't really come into play in your average crucible map.

I think hammer of sol should have no damage resistance however.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Also from Reddit. Queue or face the /pointing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Y9W3_emd4

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    ToO will be teams of three Sunbreakers or three Nightstalkers to counter said Sunbreakers. Calling it now.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    ToO will be teams of three Sunbreakers or three Nightstalkers to counter said Sunbreakers. Calling it now.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I don't doubt that a good Titan could do amazing things with skating, lightning grenades and fist of havoc but in Y1 titans had a statistically significant decrease in KDR compared to the other classes.

I think that Hammer of Sol is the best current PVP super.

I have my doubts though as to whether titans are getting significantly more kills than storm callers in your average crucible match.

Hammer of Sol may be better, but storm callers weaknesses don't really come into play in your average crucible map.

I think hammer of sol should have no damage resistance however.

I fear that even if you take away DR from HoS then the complaints will turn to Cauterize instead.

FWIW I would be okay with losing the DR, but keeping Cauterize for a closer analog to Hungering Blade.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wait is that some weird thing where people are rping or something. I've never weighted in line for Rahool to screw me over...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Crayon wrote: »

Why not just take a Defender titan with armamamamamamentariums and suppression grenades?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait is that some weird thing where people are rping or something. I've never weighted in line for Rahool to screw me over...

I've seen lines before but lol if you think I'm gonna wait in line to use a vendor.

What an asinine thing to self-add to the game.

The video was funny though because the pointing actually got him to stand in line!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

Relevant.

28mivpi.png

But yeah, that was definitely our hardest run ever (partially due to the amount of asshole lagswitchers too)

One thing I just cant stand on my Titan which gets me killed - Melee range, why do you suck so much ass?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    SPECULATION: Also I think we'll find that Trials will highlight the weaknesses of hammers more than the strengths. It will still be a very powerful super, however if you hear the thunk and scramble in a variety of directions it's going to be harder to get kills with than golden gun.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Devouring maw looks so good. So glad to get rid of that weird winged head exotic.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    SPECULATION: Also I think we'll find that Trials will highlight the weaknesses of hammers more than the strengths. It will still be a very powerful super, however if you hear the thunk and scramble in a variety of directions it's going to be harder to get kills with than golden gun.

Hammer seems like the perfect FFA super and good but not godly in organized play.

• Options

Hammer seems like the perfect FFA super and good but not godly in organized play.

As I said earlier, I die a lot in super, usually when two or more on the enemy team realize I'm on fire and flank or burst me down. If folks run to me one by one yeah I'll mop the floor with them, but HoS has a slow normal RoF and you can only throw hammers so fast while dodging/running and accounting for obstacles and hammer travel time. All it takes is for me not to be looking the right way for too long.

• Options
    Phasen wrote: »
    Devouring maw looks so good. So glad to get rid of that weird winged head exotic.

You'all be tripping. Then again as a Hunter I have 3 bad ass helmets as an exotic.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    People have complained about every single Super forever.

The thing I can't stand is when someone says "This is OP, full stop. No discussion. It is. I say so, it is."

It's happening in this thread and it's ridiculous. Even as a throwaway line in a post, it just sounds super shitty and makes you seem like a complete goose.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    I don't even know if Vagabond even likes sniper rifles, but he did NOT half-ass when he did my homework for me. =D

Recapping some of the knowledge from last thread (credit to Vagabond and dinoarus ):
    Eirene can NOT roll Surplus. (BOO!)
    The Hakke sniper that you can buy via work-order CAN roll Surplus. (YAY!)

I personally bought one of each on all three of my characters.

I do like Snipers! Not very good with them in the Crucible, but one hardly leaves my loadout in PvE. Prior to the Shotgun buff, LDR/Efrideet's *never* left my Special.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    All three new supers are much better than the previous six.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Croaker wrote: »
    People have complained about every single Super forever.

The thing I can't stand is when someone says "This is OP, full stop. No discussion. It is. I say so, it is."

It's happening in this thread and it's ridiculous. Even as a throwaway line in a post, it just sounds super shitty and makes you seem like a complete goose.

Yeah. Anyone who does that seems like a goose. Full stop.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    So my Titan sure looks funny.

92il0Xv.jpg

When you only find blues and no purples to upgrade them with. Ha.

• Options
    I do have to say

It's so nice

to have a good Titan super that is isn't "give your friends more sniper rifle damage!"

OP or not, its nice to sit at the adult table for dinner.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I do have to say

It's so nice

to have a good Titan super that is isn't "give your friends more sniper rifle damage!"

While simultaneously kicking all the adults back to the kids table.

:wink:

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I do have to say

It's so nice

Dunno, we are all pretty drunk on new supers ATM.

• Options
    I do have to say

It's so nice

So what you are saying is that no one is at the table because we are all drunk from pre-dinner drinks and are fighting on the front lawn?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I'm not really seeing how it is "goosey" to say that sunbros are OP.

• Options
    I do have to say

It's so nice

So what you are saying is that no one is at the table because we are all drunk from pre-dinner drinks and are fighting on the front lawn?

Finally a PvP mode where Titans are unquestionably OP - drunk fistfights

• Options
    Well as a hunter I do find shadowshot in pvp is a little underwhelming compared to palpatine or super mario titan.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well as a hunter I do find shadowshot in pvp is a little underwhelming compared to palpatine or super mario titan.

Its a really really good support super.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I'm not really seeing how it is "goosey" to say that sunbros are OP.

Pretty sure he was only referring to a "I'M RIGHT AND YOU ARE ALL WRONG" mentality that takes noone else's information into account, instead of discussing it, like proper individuals.

I havent really seen that in this thread though?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I've seen way more Stormcallers get 3+ kill streaks with their Supers than Sunbreakers.

Very anecdotal of course, but.

• Options
    Shadowstep is also pretty strong, helps to compensate for a so so super.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Seeing someone refer to Nova Bomb as OP was a good laugh thanks thread

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I was disappointed by Shadowstep, but I'm not MLGPRO level hard-core PvP guy.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options

Its a really really good support super.

Its great for PVE and raids definitely, but in PVP compared to the blade dancer style annihilation supers the new classes get, the hunter super doesn't have the same wipe out ability. I mean to kill an enemy with shadowshot you have to hit them dead on and to get multi kills you have to actually spec to fire more than once.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Based on watching a couple TripleWreck streams (i.e. "no real evidence"), the current PvP MLGPRO meta seems to be Ionic Blink Stormcallers and Graviton Nightstalkers, with Nightstalkers being wayyyyyyy better.

Some of these streamers can shadestep out of the way of Arcbolt Grenades and other nonsense. It's pretty dumb.