As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Teamarino Victorarino!

Also, Touch of Malice is absurd.

Turns out
    5 ToM turns deathsingers into a two relic fight. Also you can stagger Oryx before he even gets his hands ready to clap.
    Lag though...lag is still the one true enemy.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Someone found a secret room in the raid.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    If there's other late nighters, I'm looking for some good times with either strikes or crucible if folks are interested. PS4

From an earlier post:
    Exotic Sword Quest - on dark boss with wardens, doing a void sword.
    Chaperone Quest - shield bros.
    Touch of Malice Quest - on Undying Mind strike with knight unique strike.
    Red Bull Quest - need 3 fireteam crucible wins

Kings Fall - I'd just like to check it out, never done it. Have a couple quests in there, I'd like to grab the calcified fragments within, and just do it for funsies.

Also I'd like to get in a PoE 35 if possible this week for an armor core so I can get the kellbreaker helmet for my hunter since that's the only peice of those sets I didn't manage to get pre-TTK. Also a chance from Skolas for Queenbreaker.

I'm generally on late, but i just hit 40. Like an hour ago. Feel free to add me though!

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Also, what's the best way to farm the mats for the legendary sword? I want it baaad

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I am a sad panda. I didn't realize infusing an exotic weapon cost an exotic shard and just did it for 4 ATK :(

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Apparently setting people on fire with my punch doesn't count toward sunstrike kills if the burn kills them afterward.

Lame.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Also, what's the best way to farm the mats for the legendary sword? I want it baaad

Be a Hunter

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ran out of time on Oryx yesterday (thought it was tomorrow and found out like an hour before raid start)

Apparently that 3 of coin I used actually did drop an exotic chestpiece engram somewhere, Warlocks first 310 armor piece, Alchemist Raiment with Arc Armor and 123 Int.

Finally I can pick something else than Samsara and the Druid vibes.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Zhalo Supercell! It's an elemental primary so I should probably spend some time getting it up, right?

Actually that's a point; as someone who doesn't have a year of experience with the game, do you guys know of any good sites that rate the exotics?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Zhalo Supercell! It's an elemental primary so I should probably spend some time getting it up, right?

Actually that's a point; as someone who doesn't have a year of experience with the game, do you guys know of any good sites that rate the exotics?

It's pretty good. Then you get the first couple of bubbles unlocked and it's awesome. The last bubble finally unlocks and you just destroy minions with a smile on your face.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone mind helping with 270 Fear's Embrace I have for a Quest?

I have a feeling I'm gonna want help.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Put up a Raid on the100 for Saturday (10/3) evening. I can go earlier or later from the posted time, just let me know.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Developers need to start hardcoding an auto-disconnect for people who teabag.

Also the last half a dozen matches of mayhem have just been chock full of nightstalker arrows through walls and randomly appearing where no one could possibly shoot. Getting on my fucking nerves.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I hate losing a close match because someone turned on their mega lag bullshit cheat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Touch of Malice get! :D

• Options
    edited October 2015
    When you teabag in Destiny you should get a big sparkling neon sign over your guardian, that reads "I'm 13 years old and also a complete tool, LOL"

Sirialis on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I use tea bagging like China uses nukes.

No first use.

That said, pubbies shouldn't start what they can't finish.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I've read a few reviews and watched a couple of videos lately and am interested in Destiny - mainly because the people who like it seem to love it. At the same time, I've tired relatively quickly of any and every MMO game and multiplayer shooter that I've played, added to which I've read comparisons with Borderlands, which I bounced off quite hard.

With The Fallen King out, can you guys make a recommendation whether it's worth checking out Destiny at this point for someone who hasn't yet fallen hard for online shootery? Also, is it the kind of game that I can easily play half an hour here, half an hour there, and I won't constantly be limited by not spending extended stretches on it? Finally, is it the kind of MP game where a headset is recommended for coop?

@Thirith
    I've never fallen for online shootery before and Destiny hooked me pretty completely. Its awesome. Borderlands is a comparison, sure, but the actual moment to moment feel of gameplay is leagues ahead in Destiny in my opinion.

You can definitely play a half hour here, a half hour there. You won't necessarily keep up with people playing constantly, but due to the way scaling works it won't reduce the amount of people you can play with.

And yes, a headset is preferable for the game. Theres plenty of content you don't really need it for, but the PA crew is awesome so why wouldn't you want to :P

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

Planet Destiny, my friend. Great site.

http://planetdestiny.com/

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Seems like Bungie redesigned the Warlock Intrinsic Bootylicious Helmet since they released the first picture, old one was a tad generic, new one is pretty badass, I prefer it over the Titan one.

taken-king-iron-banner-armor1.png

taken-kinh-iron-banner-armor.png

This new warlock IB bond called Wolfswood Bond seems nice too.

74589e6a2f8394ce5fcc8f7313ae91f8.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Anyone up for the Nightfall or the exotic sword Sunless Cell today?

• Options
    Anyone up for the Nightfall or the exotic sword Sunless Cell today?

I don't mind helping. Let me log on real quick.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    This secret raid room is pretty cool

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Seems like Bungie redesigned the Warlock Intrinsic Bootylicious Helmet since they released the first picture, old one was a tad generic, new one is pretty badass, I prefer it over the Titan one.

I am curious if that is an actual wolf pelt or is it some synthetic wolf thing for faux shamanism?
    Where are these space wolves?

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Phasen wrote: »

I am curious if that is an actual wolf pelt or is it some synthetic wolf thing for faux shamanism?

Actual wolf pelt. Raised just to be skinned for a competition in which Guardians kill each other for sport because near immortality is boring to train to fight their enemies.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Phasen wrote: »

Actual wolf pelt. Raised just to be skinned for a competition in which Guardians kill each other for sport because near immortality is boring to train to fight their enemies.

Did I miss this grimoire card? Also where is the best place to get the compiled story from the cards?

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Teamarino Victorarino!

Also, Touch of Malice is absurd.

Turns out
    5 ToM turns deathsingers into a two relic fight. Also you can stagger Oryx before he even gets his hands ready to clap.
    Lag though...lag is still the one true enemy.

Holy fuck that was the worst lag I've seen in Destiny yet. Must have cost us 45 minutes of wipes due to no platforms appearing, enemies being locked in time, etc. I blame the Vex. I did get TWO Titan marks out of it (304 and 305 armor). I know you can do it with armor but can you infuse class items with each other? Can I use the 304 titan one to infuse my hunter?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm not liking the current year 2 armor, so I'll probably play a bunch of Iron Banner to dress up my characters, even if I'm not a big fan of some of the IB gear either.

The titan and warlock helmets look silly, so I'll probably not bother with them, but the gloves and boots all look fine. I'm eying the titan chest the most though. It's basically an IB version of my absolute favorite chest piece from year 1 and it looks a bit nicer than the New Monarchy version of it.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I've read a few reviews and watched a couple of videos lately and am interested in Destiny - mainly because the people who like it seem to love it. At the same time, I've tired relatively quickly of any and every MMO game and multiplayer shooter that I've played, added to which I've read comparisons with Borderlands, which I bounced off quite hard.

With The Fallen King out, can you guys make a recommendation whether it's worth checking out Destiny at this point for someone who hasn't yet fallen hard for online shootery? Also, is it the kind of game that I can easily play half an hour here, half an hour there, and I won't constantly be limited by not spending extended stretches on it? Finally, is it the kind of MP game where a headset is recommended for coop?

@Thirith
    I've never fallen for online shootery before and Destiny hooked me pretty completely. Its awesome. Borderlands is a comparison, sure, but the actual moment to moment feel of gameplay is leagues ahead in Destiny in my opinion.

You can definitely play a half hour here, a half hour there. You won't necessarily keep up with people playing constantly, but due to the way scaling works it won't reduce the amount of people you can play with.

And yes, a headset is preferable for the game. Theres plenty of content you don't really need it for, but the PA crew is awesome so why wouldn't you want to :P

I didnt know Destiny was an MMO, making it my first. Destiny combines Borderlands looting and questing with Halo's sily smooth combat and intelligent enemies.

Now that I'm back in the states, I would love to do a Raid for the first time. I'm a 250 Light Sun Praiser with 10 Three of Coin that I dont know how to use. PSN LtPaperstacks if you're willing to help a noob.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    got a hereafter from an engram. not sure how I feel about this one but the perk is definitely a neat one.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Anyone PS4 side have a charged agonauch rune? I need that fragment.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Evangir wrote: »
    Is there anyone who might be interested in running the exotic sword strike this weekend? I need to do it for a Solar Sword, but I'm willing to try multiple at once or repeated attempts.

I need solar, I am in.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Ran the undying mind boss last night with a reset button warlock and a bladedancer. Now I know why so many people hate this strike. Generate some damned orbs pubbies!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Haven't caught up on the thread, but I saw there was a spot open in a 3pm EST PS4 raid today. Is that just Oryx, or a full run? I want to get an Oryx kill in, but I keep missing when a group forms and the checkpoint is burning a hole in my butt towel.

Plus I just need to do the Agonarch rune fight and I'll have 45 fragments. And I'm only 10 flakes away from 50.

And I have 20+ moldy socks so I want sweet, sweet Oryx loot.

Anyways, @vagrant_winds let me know what's up and I'll go from there. I wouldn't mind seeing my 307 Spindle in action against Golgobordello, so a full raid isn't a negative. Just curious.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Haven't caught up on the thread, but I saw there was a spot open in a 3pm EST PS4 raid today. Is that just Oryx, or a full run? I want to get an Oryx kill in, but I keep missing when a group forms and the checkpoint is burning a hole in my butt towel.

Plus I just need to do the Agonarch rune fight and I'll have 45 fragments. And I'm only 10 flakes away from 50.

Anyways, @vagrant_winds let me know what's up and I'll go from there. I wouldn't mind seeing my 307 Spindle in action against Golgobordello, so a full raid isn't a negative. Just curious.

We're doing Oryx. We're picking up from where we left off last night. You're actually in @Bubs spot right now.

I called time because it was about 6:30am here and I was so tired I was having trouble aiming and thinking.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Ran the undying mind boss last night with a reset button warlock and a bladedancer. Now I know why so many people hate this strike. Generate some damned orbs pubbies!

I was running strikes last night and actually got two rare good publics. That strike is great fun when everyone is coordinating supers on that staircase.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Think I can make some time on Tuesday for the raid, if anyone has any openings. I'll keep an eye out on the 100 as well.

I should also probably do the exotic sword quest huh? Do you lose your legendary sword if you do it? I don't really want to have to forgo any other exotic to use it.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

We're doing Oryx. We're picking up from where we left off last night. You're actually in @Bubs spot right now.

I called time because it was about 6:30am here and I was so tired I was having trouble aiming and thinking.

In Bubs spot as in "it should have been reserved for them"? I'll back out if that's the case.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Think I can make some time on Tuesday for the raid, if anyone has any openings. I'll keep an eye out on the 100 as well.

I should also probably do the exotic sword quest huh? Do you lose your legendary sword if you do it? I don't really want to have to forgo any other exotic to use it.

No you keep it

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

No you keep it

Scooorreeee

Guess who is going to farm sword kills in mayhem this week??????