As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I am wondering if the range nerf for shotties was just Shot Package removal, because otherwise Chaperone might be Craperone now.

Also, "unable to buy boons once a card has been started"

F U Bng y u do this

Jesus christ, they are really pulling all the stops for Trials to be awful this time.

Have to buy all boons at start and have to fight (potentially and likely) increasingly difficult enemies, where the 8-9 win is probably plagued with Lag Switchers.

Cant wait... (Does anyone even want to play Trials of Osiris anymore? Sounded like both Arteen and Booker might be out before Trials even begins again and I'm also having doubts :( )

I still want to try for at least one more lighthouse visit. Beyond that, no idea. I might be up for the occasional Trials but I don't think I have it in me to recollect all those weapons and armor, especially with all the aggravating changes.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh man I would love a thing to instantly fill out my equipped subclass on a new character

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I would easily drop 100+ marks on it

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Those were in the database when TTK first released

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Well, so far this is a bust.

- Started with five medallions from last time
    - Get kicked out of the first party I try to join. (I didn't even know they had a limit.)
    - queue solo, lose two matches so far

Lots of fun tonight.

Sorry about having to ask you to leave, Houn! (Though that was technically Billy who asked.)

But yeah, 8 people per party chat and I guess we already had a few folks queued up to rotate in who couldn't get into the chat.

It's all good, I ain't mad, just a disappointment on top of the pile, you know?

Anyway, ranting is the key. Won two now.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Shotgun-shield Titan is awesome, you guys. Combine with Invective for maximum lawls.

The number of people willing to charge into your bubble/shotgun combo is hilarious. You don't even have to be on a point.

I demand a video of you housing like 12 dudes in your bubble.

I dropped one on the bottom floor of (?)Exodus Blue, miles from any point, and wound up tripling down with my shotgun. It's bonkers.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    something about getting a quad kill on widow's court with a spike grenade screams disrespect.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to stick with my titan for this Iron Banner. Figure I'll grab the new weapons and emblems and hope the chest piece is a random drop. I was lucky and got the class item (as lame as it is) at rank 2 as a random drop.

I ended up getting all the weekly bounties done (rank 4 aside) and all the dailies, as well as making progress on my class Crucible quest. I've got lots of defender sticky grenades to throw tomorrow.

• Options
    I finished two weekly bounties (except the rank 4 thing), but I've only got 25 primary weapon kills.

What can I say, I love punching people too much.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I got a 310 The Stag from the Nightfall, @jefe414 takes the words out of my mouth and says "Well, at least its good for infusion!"

I didnt very much appreciate the "Barely regenerate shields" modifier on a nightfall with proximity mines (Taken black hole things) and the whole hallway of electricity thing, that was a low blow.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Well crap, so they did nerf the black spindle after all (and the BP). Dang thing was only good for golgoroth and bugger to get.

Great on war priest and sister too

Once you get Touch of Malice your as good as it gets for daughters and orix. Kinda prefer telesto (piles of orbs) or simulor (burst boss dps) for war priest fight myself.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Boolean Gemini, why did I ever doubt you?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    "How did we win that?!"

Observe:

https://youtu.be/EDY0RvOEPD8

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Guess I'm not playing tonight. This update is "preparing to download" and had been for fifteen minutes. I stupidly, once it was done, tried the pause and restart thing to fix my download speed.

Back to preparing again.

Fucking Hell, PSN.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh god O'malley.

Don't pronounce the accronyms.

Edit: Holy cow wrong thread.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, did we figure out if any of the other armor can drop?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Jeebus. I drop into clash for the 15 marks and, uh, apparently anybody with any skill or anything was over in IB.

Start the match with a fucking 15 kill streak, all up in that top hallway in Exodus. My Y1 Mida simply collected all the heads there could be. I ended up with a 6.75 K/D. I just walked away after that, not gonna do any better than that tonight.

Of course, everybody else on the rewards screen got something but me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I really like using ionic blink with stormtrance.

Makes a big difference in crucible with squeezing out a couple more kills. Also the dodging advantage it gives is massive. I got a kill against a hammerbro by blinking around him so he couldn't see me. I love how it takes like 3 seconds of sustained channeling to kill a hammer titan, but only one hammer to bring me down.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I really like using ionic blink with stormtrance.

Makes a big difference in crucible with squeezing out a couple more kills. Also the dodging advantage it gives is massive. I got a kill against a hammerbro by blinking around him so he couldn't see me. I love how it takes like 3 seconds of sustained channeling to kill a hammer titan, but only one hammer to bring me down.
    Shotgun Stormgrip Shotgun Melee HAMMERSPLOSION

Fucking ridiculous, those guys.

• Options
    I can't remember the forum handle of the guy who was asking, but I now know that the Defender crucible quest starts immediately after you finish the Titan Smash double kills portion of the Striker quest.

So just keep going, you'll get to it eventually.

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Well crap, so they did nerf the black spindle after all (and the BP). Dang thing was only good for golgoroth and bugger to get.

Great on war priest and sister too

Once you get Touch of Malice your as good as it gets for daughters and orix. Kinda prefer telesto (piles of orbs) or simulor (burst boss dps) for war priest fight myself.

Well yea but not everyone has one yet :p

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Queing for Matchmak-- ERROR IRON BANNER DETECTED.

ACTIVATING CODE IRON EL03L

SEARCHING FOR OPPONENTS...

MATCH FOUND.

ERROR! MATCH OPPONENT AVERAGE PING UNDER 500...

MATCH FOUND.

ERROR! MATCH NOT IN PROGRESS, SCORE TOO LOW OR REMAINING TIME GREATER THAN 1 MINUTE...

MATCH FOUND.

ERROR! OPPOSING FIRETEAM SIZE LESS THAN 6...

MATCH FOUND. ALL CRITERIA MET

Iron Banner... Control

Connection Failure: Bumblebear.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Mannnnn my Ps4 is just not downloading this patch. Stuck on a blank unmoving download bar. Help?

• Options
    Screen shows "preparing to download" in my downloads menu and I've deleted and restarted it a bunch.

:(

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Mannnnn my Ps4 is just not downloading this patch. Stuck on a blank unmoving download bar. Help?

how long has it been like that?

in my experience it can look like its doing nothing or hung up but then suddenly it will be like 80% complete

• Options

That happened for me, too. I shut down Destiny and went to sleep mode, then I turned it back on and the download started a couple minutes later.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Clan names I saw tonight:

Oh me so Gjhallerhornery
    HiggsmyBoson
    TyrannosaurusRecked

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

how long has it been like that?

in my experience it can look like its doing nothing or hung up but then suddenly it will be like 80% complete

About five minutes? Maybe ten?

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »

That happened for me, too. I shut down Destiny and went to sleep mode, then I turned it back on and the download started a couple minutes later.

Tried that. :/

ill try again

I just want iron banana shaders :(

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Fuck iron banner. I know people love the various nicknames, but it shall forever be known as Infuriating Bullshit.

Played 9 games. Consistently >1.0, several >2.0. Finished my 10 kill streak. Finished all the multikills.

Zero goddamn wins. These fucking scrubs, I could throw my controller through a wall right now.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I just realized that I'll actually have to try pretty hard to wrestle top spot from the all the sunbreakers and palpatine warlocks that I've been coming in third place against in IB today. :sad:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I'm surprised Iron Banner doesn't have new shaders considering it has new everything else.

• Options
  • Options
    deleted the over large patch and restarted the download and I'm back to square one

wheeere

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    If your ps4 destiny is on a blank bar go to notifications and look there

The ps4 will allocate resources for download for about 4x as long as the rest of the process takes, and it shows no progress at all on the on-screen bar. You have to look at the downloads section of notifications.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh hey rad my PS4 didn't start the download when I was at work despite being in rest mode cool cool

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I seriously don't understand how the lag switching issue hasn't been solved at this point. It's really simple.

If a player regularly goes over a certain ping during matches, with reasonable frequency, they get flagged. Get put in the "you either have a shitty connection or you're a fucking cheater" pool, and to get out they have to reasonably consistently maintain a ping under a certain amount for enough days/weeks to get out of the pool.

If you already just have a straight up shitty connection, you probably won't notice anyway because it'll just be par for course. If you're a shitbag cheating fuckface, good riddance. Play with your own kind and stop fucking the game up for everyone else.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Bungie.

Bros.

I want to throw money at you for emotes as much as the next guy, but seriously? An 18GB patch?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Bungie.

Bros.

I want to throw money at you for emotes as much as the next guy, but seriously? An 18GB patch?

it's not actually. It's like 500mb I think? It just says 18gb. If you're downloading an unusual amount, something is dorked up.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand