As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phantom Pain

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    i am at 99% trying to 100% this game, and i am beyond frustrated with 3 objectives and 1 S rank.
    1: The extreme Quiet introduction level, i dont know if my game is bugged or what but I cannot get that last objective for non firearms. I have tried a tank, granades, bombardments, and the shock hand, and none of those register that objective. but I can not seem to get the air drop option to work on her. I have waited and poped up at 10 meters and less, she still jumps away even if it hits her and takes zero damage.

2: The Quiet Exit extract all the tanks, i have gone full stealth gear camo, and the tanks spot me, the hell? Then there is the part where Quiet has to take no damage, its beyond frustrating as ever time she always gets just a little bit wounded for me.

The S rank is the extreme code talker, i can get A, i can drive the tank through the woods to the house, but every time i always run out of time or something and wind up with an A, or i rush and get spotted in the house. That ones on me.

So close, yet so far, i need a break. if anyone has any solutions i would love to hear them
    1. The official strategy guide recommends planting sleep gas mines at one or two of her sniping spots and trying to herd her to them. Does she still do the 'bathing in water' thing to recover at low health thing on the extreme version of the level? If so, I believe running in and punching her will count.

2. Trying to do this stealthily doesn't work - The only real effective tactic is to learn the order the vehicles appear and rush to extract each one - They're initially focused on Quiet, which give you a few seconds leeway. Doing this as quickly as possible is also the best way to avoid Quiet taking damage. I've heard that if you trigger the mission on foot, calling for a different buddy just beforehand will mean they appear after the mission starts, removing Quiet from the Battlefield - Don't know how reliable that info is, though.

3. I can't do this either. The strategy guide recommends taking out 3 of the 4 skulls, so the last one will take up a position to the north when you have Code Talker, leaving you a clear path going back the way you came in.

re #1: I already tried the mines, it KOed that person but it didnt work on the objective. Im pretty sure its bugged at least for me. As for 2 and 3, I have tried so hard to do these and I just give up.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Barcardi wrote: »
    i am at 99% trying to 100% this game, and i am beyond frustrated with 3 objectives and 1 S rank.
    1: The extreme Quiet introduction level, i dont know if my game is bugged or what but I cannot get that last objective for non firearms. I have tried a tank, granades, bombardments, and the shock hand, and none of those register that objective. but I can not seem to get the air drop option to work on her. I have waited and poped up at 10 meters and less, she still jumps away even if it hits her and takes zero damage.

2: The Quiet Exit extract all the tanks, i have gone full stealth gear camo, and the tanks spot me, the hell? Then there is the part where Quiet has to take no damage, its beyond frustrating as ever time she always gets just a little bit wounded for me.

The S rank is the extreme code talker, i can get A, i can drive the tank through the woods to the house, but every time i always run out of time or something and wind up with an A, or i rush and get spotted in the house. That ones on me.

So close, yet so far, i need a break. if anyone has any solutions i would love to hear them
    1. stealth camo cqc
    2. wear the skull suit that gives you rock, the key here is survival rather than stealth. smoke bombardments + heat goggles help though.
    2b. preventing quiet from being damaged just means you need to be on your shit with taking out everyone. use everything available to you, bombardments and the max-level rocket launcher w/ lock on help a lot.
    3. rushing is actually the easiest way to s-rank any mission. it's okay to get spotted if you can get in and out quick. remember to skip cutscenes.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Yeah #1 straight up does not work for me. Last night I tried the sleep mine route and another try with just cqc, got an S rank in both attempts but it didn't trigger the objective getting checked off.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    the running bionic punch counts as a non-weapon attack, though the hitbox of a crouching target is small enough that you have to time it carefully. sleep grenades count as non-weapon attacks, but only if the grenade itself doesn't physically hit the target; you're fine if they're in the gas radius as long as the grenade didn't bounce off of or into them.

• Options
    Yeah tried that too.

Tonight i managed to get everything done except this bugged mission 40 objective and the impossible A Quiet Exit objective.

For 40 without firearms I have tried:
    Sleep and stun grenades
    Stun arm
    Punching and kicking
    Tank
    A different tank
    Air drops (no longer works, waiting till it was 10 feet above he head and open, still didnt hit her, she jumps at 5-7 feet)
    Sleep Mines and more sleep mines

I gonna try to do a sleep mine set in a different place for a few more tries, but this is some fresh bullshit at this point

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I did it 100% with CQC, so that should work.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    You aren't bumping into her at any point are you? Cos that counts.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Hmm. Try using rain to hold her in place when air dropping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrInAccq0sM

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    She can't dodge while firing. Pop your head out just before it hits then duck back.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS WAS POSSIBLE (side op 113)

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options

Hmm. Try using rain to hold her in place when air dropping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrInAccq0sM

This worked, it worked! Thank you so much! I now have 100%

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    . . . There better be some fucked up DLC coming out tomorrow.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    . . . There better be some fucked up DLC coming out tomorrow.

Why, what's tomorrow?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, played a quick match, I'm not sure it is for me. For one, I would have to relearn the controls (I've been playing with a controller, which just doesn't have the mouse precision), and getting stomped by D-Walkers over and over again is not great either

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I found it surprisingly easy to switch from controller to kbam

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    If anyone wants people to play MGO with, hit me up on Steam.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I will play MGO with people

For a while, at least

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Getting killed by Seahlanthrwhatever a lot.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    sahel anthropus

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Seaweed Antler Octopus

• Options
    Sail Antlerpuss

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sweet Ass Robotus

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hermitage Bandersnatch

Oh shit we're not doing Cumberbatch riffs

• Options
    Oh, okay, yeah. I'll stick with you, MGO. I'll stick with you
    agz4NGR.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Make a beeline to the anti air missile vehicle and unload on it, that thing chews it up like crazy

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

Make a beeline to the anti air missile vehicle and unload on it, that thing chews it up like crazy

Is that in mission 31?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Is that in mission 31?

Yeah, and I'll try that thanks.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh my god I might actually finish that mission.

• Options
    Yesterday when I was playing mgo I kept running into the same few people over and over again and thought it was sad that there were only a few dozen players in the entire game. Then I got booted off the server and read the articles saying it had been brought down like 5 hours earlier. Now everyone is spamming the voice emotes and I want the two dozen people back.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
  • Options
    So now MGO is officially released on PC

I think I'll play it a bit

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying it. Doing ok, haven't had to switch from controller.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I think I'm on board with MGO. It's pretty much just a standard shooter infused with the usual Metal Gear attention to detail of things.

Stuff like 3v1ing a group that know I'm there by angling my shield correctly, headshot one guy, dive into cover when the shield folds under the fire and then shoot another coming up on me. It just flows super good and makes you feel cool no matter what you're doing.

• Options
    Yeah, I gotta say with like 3-4 more maps I could see mgo having been a real thing. I really don't trust it to stick around though, not unless people are paying a lot more in microtransactions than I would expect. I really can't fathom why you can't delete your first character though, or at least unlock a 4th slot.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    MGO was a lot of fun on ps4 for like a week with folks, but yeah the fall off was quick. The super drawn out progression with way stronger things gated near the end of was the biggest thing that killed it for me. Made it feel like I should be gaming the system rather than having fun

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I loved the gunplay and movement and everything, but it was way too slow to level up and unlock things

• Options
    I feel like playing this with other people actually communicating would be ideal

But while everyone's mic is open and on all the time, everyone playing on PC just sucks

And I don't mean at the game, really

I mean they, personally, suck

I wish you could form a party that stuck together, too

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Okay

Taking down four people in thirty seconds who are rushing your position using a semi-auto sniper rifle and good use of your echo-locating grenades is awesome and everything about this game I love

I have rarely felt so badass in a multiplayer game

Scout is my favorite class, for sure!

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm probably not gonna get around to beating this til like

summer

but i'm still Strongly eyeing this

http://www.psu.com/News/29039/Metal-Gear-Solid-5-bionic-arm-gets-North-American-release

uc3ufTB.png