As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE [WRESTLING] GAME

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

So that should be cool. I hope they go with Ranallo and Barnett as they do a good job on the AXS show.

New Japan wanted and got their commentators for it

Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    also I marked the fuck out for asuka's flying armbar
    the fastest way to my wrestleheart is to do sick submission holds fluidly

i legitimately said 'holy FUCK' out loud when this happened

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I await the day that someone angers Joe. One of the best things they did with Joe in TNA was make Joe a monster when he is angry. One of my favorite Joe gifs (can't find at the moment) is when a cheating Heel beat down Joe and started celebrating. And right over their shoulder as they celebrate is Joe rising behind them and just stomping forward to put them into a rear naked choke until security pries their corpse out of his hands. Joe is good. But he is best when he is basically the wrestling equivalent of a Warhammer 40K Angry Marine.

Joe smash puny human!

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    That was a good special.

Ironman match amazeballs.

Tag Team tournament result was a little, well, kinda bad. Like, it's okay for Joe/Finn to win but goddamn Jordan and Gable should have beaten Rhyno and Corbin so at least ONE actual tag team was in the finals.

And lastly, Dana was ON POINT tonight and actually put on a real solid match, but...

But it's terrifying how much better Kana is at wrestling.

Also "You fucked up" best moment of night.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    We lost power last night in the middle of Takeover, so I just finished up. I'm bummed Gable and Jordan didn't make the finals and that I had to watch Corbin wrestle twice. Actually that's not fair of me, he looked really good against Gable and Jordan. Asuka is incredible and I can't wait for her feud with Emma. Breeze/Crews was fantastic but I think Breeze should have won. It's hard to get too mad though because Crews is so good. Finn still looks cool as hell in that leather jacket (though when he turns around and opens it to show off the belt he looked a little bit like a flasher).

Bayley and the Boss were absolutely amazing. Lots of great moments in that match. Pretty cool Takeover (even if it was a little predictable).

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    We lost power last night in the middle of Takeover, so I just finished up. I'm bummed Gable and Jordan didn't make the finals and that I had to watch Corbin wrestle twice. Actually that's not fair of me, he looked really good against Gable and Jordan. Asuka is incredible and I can't wait for her feud with Emma. Breeze/Crews was fantastic but I think Breeze should have won. It's hard to get too mad though because Crews is so good. Finn still looks cool as hell in that leather jacket (though when he turns around and opens it to show off the belt he looked a little bit like a flasher).

Bayley and the Boss were absolutely amazing. Lots of great moments in that match. Pretty cool Takeover (even if it was a little predictable).

If you can't try new gimmicks in NXT, where can you try them?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Random Note: Finn's "Normal" Demon leadup music is hype as shit. But honestly....he needs an Edge coat, or full tights with that jacket, it just looks kinda weird, which dosen't sync up with a great entrance.

So I'm putting some real thought into the womens division for NXT now, because I'm not quite sure where they go from here.

You got:

The Champ: Iron Bailey

Front Runners:

Eva Marie(Fresh off hurting someone, also, UGH)

Emma(Being fed to Asuka).

Dana Brooke(Already devoured by Asuka)

Alexa Bliss(Maybe?)

??? Tier

Asuka(Brock Lesnar)

Nia Jax(Instant title push/or Fed to Asuka 50/50)

Jobbers

The Jobbers(One currently hurt)

Blue Pants tier

Blue Pants

I would think Bailey would have a nice Cena champ victory lap feud with someone who's not a threat for the title after every single fued she's had has been BLOOD FEUDS, and Alexa kinda fits that perfectly. Although I fear a Bailey to Belly to Alexa would throw her into the sun.

Asuka after killing poor Emma(There is no other result) is already too big of a fish, but you could pretty easily use her gimmick to have her feud with anyone. Problem is, after Emma is dead and gone from this world and maybe Alexa(Who I would think would be the person you feed to Bailey first), who could realistically feud with Asuka other than Bailey(In which we would get Heel Asuka Vs. Bailey and it would be too beautiful for this world).

As far as Bailey goes. Easy quick fued with Alexa maybe? But after that, I mean, you could do Eva Marie, which would get more heat then a million suns, but I don't think Eva is up for that kind of match and feud, and Bailey, as solid as she is, probably couldn't carry her but who knows.

And then there is Blue Pants, who after Bailey and Sasha(and now Asuka probably) is the most over Full Sail wrestler. But she's too perfect as a jobber, and already has an Alexa feud like, built in.

Honestly, Asuka kind of fucks up the womens division in NXT, because the list of women she could wrestle and not like, completly disrespect her by putting her in the ring with them is.

Leva Bates(Should be paired to face Alexa at some point in the immediate future)
    Bailey(Unknown but possibly Eva Marie which would be the worst)
    Emma(Will be killed)
    Dana Brooke(Barely, also dead).

And that's about it. Bates jobs and also that would be a strange...possibly amazing fued who knows but she needs to feud with Alexa first, Bailey Vs. Heel Asuka is Takover quality, Emma is gonna die, and Brook is dead.

Meanwhile on Raw you could safely put her with against the entire roster there.

I need to think about this more....

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Breeze should steal one of the WWE's midcard belts and bring it to NXT. It's like he's become the gatekeeper of the fed. You have to beat him before you're able to break through to the NXT main event tier.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Breeze should steal one of the WWE's midcard belts and bring it to NXT. It's like he's become the gatekeeper of the fed. You have to beat him before you're able to break through to the NXT main event tier.

Dig the European Title out of mothballs. Say he found it at one of his seasonal residences.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I'd say there's a good chance Bayley's next feud is with the debuting Nia Jax, who she will lose the title to and depart for Raw almost immediately afterwards. Then you build Asuka to face the monstrous Jax and that gets you through a few months.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I think you give Bayley a feud where she can have a good defense. Maybe against Alexa? Give her some time with the belt, make whoever she goes up against look better and then maybe pull the trigger on Nia Jax destroying Bayley to lead to an Asuka feud.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I had a thought.
    What if when Asuka debuts on WWE....
    They just pretty much do the Brock Lesnar returns storyline again.
    And I'm talking "My client ASUKA" Paul Heyman, deadly submissions choking people out, run roughshod, kayfabe injure people and get suspended out of the title etcet.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Paul Heyman with Asuka would be fantastic.

But honestly, after last night?

I don't think she needs it.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

Dig the European Title out of mothballs. Say he found it at one of his seasonal residences.

What if

You make Tyler Breeze the NXT Japan Champion

oooooooooooh

• Options

She's really got a lot of non-verbal charisma in the ring.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

What if

oooooooooooh

Great idea! We were just looking for someone for Asuka to feud with!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

What if

oooooooooooh

Only if Hunter can get New Japan to come in.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »

What if

oooooooooooh

Great idea! We were just looking for someone for Asuka to feud with!

I was seriously about to post if you made Tyler Breeze NXT Japan Champion he would instantly be on Asuka's death list.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Asuka vs Sasha should main event a major PPV next year

Xehalus on
  • Options
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

She's really got a lot of non-verbal charisma in the ring.

All she has to do is stare at you intensely and with a slight smile and a tilted head. At that point any Woman or Diva being stared at knows they have 7 days to live and learn to love the taste of boot leather.

• Options
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    asuka's smile is the most terrifying thing in NXT right now

it's the best

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Good womens title match, but Bayley belongs in developmental at the moment and not on the main roster, she's botched plenty in her last two matches.

Meanwhile Sasha drawing young girl tears. The ultimate female heel. She did some of the best heel work I've ever seen in there. Now we need her and KO to team up.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    she can't team with owens because she belongs in the new day

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    My only issue with the event is it seemed more like typical WWE PPV filler than a normal Takeover. The matches were good, often great, but the outcomes were all obvious.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    My only issue with the event is it seemed more like typical WWE PPV filler than a normal Takeover. The matches were good, often great, but the outcomes were all obvious.

Nah, there is one big difference.

Things ended and progressed, and in some cases, set up new things!

The Dusty Rhodes tournament ended, and set up Joe/Finn.

Kana murdered someone on live television and set up Kana/Emma

Tyler had a great match with Apollo to re-legitimize him.

And Bailey/Sasha ended their feud in nearly most appropriate way possible(They should have went to OT).

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    yeah if that was a proper WWE ppv we'd have had at least 2 non-finishes that just hold over the storyline for another PPV or 3

asuka vs dana brooke would have ended in a double countout or with emma interfering, so they could wait until takeover london to blow it off

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Yeah, even if there was some finishes I didn't like they were all completely clean which is a stark contrast from a show like SummerSlam

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I don't really think Sasha fits that well with New Day.

New Day are a group of guys that are bitter and egotistical, but try to hide that behind a wall of fake and obnoxious positivity. They get defensive and whiny sometimes and act like they aren't heels.

Sasha is a lady that is vain and nasty openly, and revels in it, and doesn't pretend to be some smiling nice girl. She knows she's the heel and loves it.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh right, can't watch Takeover live. Much more important thing on.

is it baseball

because it should be baseball

it was baseball : (

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

So that should be cool. I hope they go with Ranallo and Barnett as they do a good job on the AXS show.

New Japan wanted and got their commentators for it

Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker

Guess I'll just watch it with Japanese commentary then.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The Japanese commentators are so good they could be speaking Simlish and it would still work.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I don't really think Sasha fits that well with New Day.

New Day are a group of guys that are bitter and egotistical, but try to hide that behind a wall of fake and obnoxious positivity. They get defensive and whiny sometimes and act like they aren't heels.

Sasha is a lady that is vain and nasty openly, and revels in it, and doesn't pretend to be some smiling nice girl. She knows she's the heel and loves it.

but she has great chemistry with big e

and i want new day to hold all the titles especially the divas title

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    For some reason the network won't let me go full screen.

It like.. does, but the actual video is still the same size as non-fullscreen at the top left of the screen.

Oh, I have this problem sometimes, but not always? It's weird. And incredibly annoying.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Good womens title match, but Bayley belongs in developmental at the moment and not on the main roster, she's botched plenty in her last two matches.

Meanwhile Sasha drawing young girl tears. The ultimate female heel. She did some of the best heel work I've ever seen in there. Now we need her and KO to team up.

When she got in Izzy's face, I kind of laughed a little bit like, "Oh, wow. She's really taking this to the next level."

Then she threw Bailey into the LED board, walked back to the ring and stole that bow off of Izzy's head, which basically made her burst into tears. Then my mouth dropped open and said "Holy SHIT" out loud.

I felt bad for Izzy, but I loved the heel work. My wife really didn't.

It was kind of terrible, but I'm sure she was ok by the end. Especially since I'm sure they took Izzy backstage afterwards, gave her a bunch of merch and let her meet all of the NXT people that she wanted to. They've basically worked her into a minor role in the feud at this point. They're probably giving her some kind of compensation for having a grown woman scream in her face and steal things from her.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Sasha gave Izzy her flowers after the match

And I would be pretty surprised if they didn't run it by Izzy's parents before deciding that Sasha would do that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sasha gave Izzy her flowers after the match

And I would be pretty surprised if they didn't run it by Izzy's parents before deciding that Sasha would do that
    CQz7a9_UAAAGW2W.jpg

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    that's a good wrestling fan

probably the best

This discussion has been closed.