As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2015 [MLB] Offseason is Off and Poppin'

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    That's not what the cooler's Twitter feed says...

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Houston Astros
    SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Bats and Donaldson are both back tomorrow.

I'm not worried about it. Everything the Rangers do well the Jays do better.

And Pete Rose can suck the shit out of a corpse's asshole.

Toronto Blue Jays
    That's hardly the way for a Toronto sports fan to act. You should be frothing at the mouth in panic and calling for the heads of John Gibbons and AA because we lost one game of a five-game series that it didn't seem like we were even going to be in three months ago.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Texas Rangers
    Angry wrote: »
    I'm not worried about it. Everything the Rangers do well the Jays do better.

Based on the final two months of the season, it's only very slightly better though.

(I poke but admittedly I consider this the best series going due to how even the teams are based on the final months of the season.)

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Texas Rangers
    Well this is kind of fun.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Toronto Blue Jays
    ph blake wrote: »
    Well this is kind of stressful.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I'm just following along on my phone, but it seems like Stroman has stepped up here in the middle of this game. Is that what I'm seeing, or is it more the defence bailing him out?

Texas Rangers
    411Randle wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    Well this is kind of stressful.

I'm a lot more relaxed for this game after the Rangers won game one; still want a win but I'll definitely take the split on the road. Wish Prince would do something at the plate though.

Also fuck you to whomever decided to put this game on the MLB network.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2015
    DJ Eebs on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    New York Mets
    Oh well. Nice try Cubs, but it's over.

You're not winning anything ever again.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    no no

Baseball is McNabb's sport. Overtime doesn't end until points are scored.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Stroman deff stepped up, this game is so intense though. Top of the 11th currently, still anyones game

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Thumb_341B35864.JPG

Texas Rangers
    C'mon Rangers, Mark Lowe and 11th inning...fate demands a HR...

Pins!
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Maximum wrote: »
    Oh well. Nice try Cubs, but it's over.

You're not winning anything ever again.

No no no, they'll keep getting to the NLCS but then never make the World Series except once where they will lose.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I'm glad I got home in time to watch the end of this.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Houston Astros
    These games are going to kill me

Toronto Blue Jays
    "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you."

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Of course we get the benches cleared after Donaldson starts saying "Fuck you" to the pitcher after a foul ball.

He's literally the only reason I can't unconditionally like the Jays. He's such a piece of shit.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Ben Revere and his megawatt smile and endless positivity makes up for the curmudgeonly Donaldson.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    That's what happened? lol

The Live play-by-play bit at MLB.com just called it "On-field Delay".

Toronto Blue Jays
    Damn! I thought E5 had that!

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    St. Louis Cardinals

Edit:
    Previously:
    3 games went to 14th
    3 games went to 15th
    1 game to 16th
    1 game to 18th

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Toronto Blue Jays
    I still can't believe Latroy Hawkins is still in the league.

Toronto Blue Jays
    I think his foot came off the bag.

Texas Rangers
    I think his foot came off the bag.

I don't think they had enough to overturn it; couldn't even see daylight between his cleats and the bag.

Also using replay to see if sometimes foot bounces off the bag for a microsecond is stupid and I hope it gets changed in the off-season.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Latroy.png

Toronto Blue Jays
    Tulo just got rung up on a SHIT third strike call.

Texas Rangers
    But oh god has this strike zone been, um, something.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Texas Rangers
    Woo!

(Really hope this isn't a repeat of 2010's ALDS against the Rays. I don't want to go back up to Canada to take it.)

Pins!
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Bluejays are like a combined 15 feet from this not being a particularly close 2-0 lead.

And that might have been the worst strike zone in the history of baseball.

Jesus Christ this mobile site sucks.

Angry on
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Nirya wrote: »
    Of course we get the benches cleared after Donaldson starts saying "Fuck you" to the pitcher after a foul ball.

He's literally the only reason I can't unconditionally like the Jays. He's such a piece of shit.

It was either a foul ball or a home run. The pitcher shit his diaper because what exactly?

Toronto Blue Jays
    Brett Cecil done for the playoffs. Great.

We're going to get a Texas cards final because there is no God.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Angry wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

It was either a foul ball or a home run. The pitcher shit his diaper because what exactly?

Donaldson was the one who provoked it. Apparently he was upset because he thought he was quick-pitched to which is perfectly legal and probably a good strategy. But then again:

Donaldson really shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this stuff because he's a humongous baby.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Well this game is starting off shitty

Chicago Cubs
    Molina looks like he really really really doesn't want to be in the batter's box

Chicago Cubs
    matt holliday took his helmet off and his head is terrifying

Toronto Blue Jays
    Fuck the Cardinals.

This discussion has been closed.