As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Far Cry Primal

1235»

• Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    there is a criminal lack of big games set during pre-history and am very happy indeed to see far cry doing one.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Far Cry 2 was great, fuck the haters

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Its interesting people are upset about no dinosaurs

There definitely haven't been a bunch of dinosaur games lately but if anything this is MORE unique

You guys dont wanna hunt weird giant mammals?

I am not a huge far cry guy but the setting has me interested for sure

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    On a basic level I'm upset when anything doesn't have dinosaurs

It's just most things don't look like they could possibly have dinosaurs, so this time it's extra sad

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    If this is going to be in North America, there won't be any Neanderthals or Heidelbergensis

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I don't want to hunt mammoths, I didn't want to kill the elephants in the last game either.

I'm not really a fan of killing non-predators in games to be honest, it's unpleasant attacking something that's minding its own business, and too many games are asking you to do it now.

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

There definitely haven't been a bunch of dinosaur games lately but if anything this is MORE unique

I didn't spend my childhood smashing giant sloth toys together while going "boosh, kpoo, kerchief"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't want to kill mammoths either, @hermano

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    After 4 we better get Mammoth riding!

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    the dude who voiced Adam Jensen in DX:HR is also voicing the player character in this

so of course this game comes out on the same day as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The more I think about this, the more excited I am.

Gonna use giant sloths to clear out enemy camps. Tactical caveman action.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    There is a horrible conservative journalist over here (Australia) called Andrew Bolt. He recently got successfully sued for being a racist fuck by writing about how certain people were too white to call themselves Aboriginal.

Yeah the Far Cry person is fictional and can't sue you but saying he's too white seems a little problematic to me.

broken image link
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm super interested in paleo stuff
    But I'm iffy on this game
    Show me the enemies

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    If this game lets me ride a mammoth and have a sabre tooth buddy a la the shangri la tiger then I'm sold

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Have they released video of megafauna other than saber sabertooth and mammoths? I'm guessing they went with that so they could reuse models from the last and release it faster.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I would play the shit out of Bronze Age Assassin's Creed.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular

I mean dinosaurs are amazing and all, but the giant mammals and birds that followed them are fantastic

Like how about Brontornis, the 9 foot tall predatory bird with a beak that could probably cut small animals in half?
    brontornis-size.jpg

Or Andrewsarchus, a massive horrifying predator, whose closest living relatives are sheep?
    tumblr_m6s1lf7hTu1qh5n9ko1_500.jpg

Or Giganthopithacus, The 3 meter tall apes?
    2000px-Gigantopithecus_v_human_v1.svg.png

I know all of these were long extinct by the time humans appeared, but its a videogame, pleeeeeaassssseee put some of these in ubisoft.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Yeah, Ubisoft isn't giving us that. It's going be be all of the animals from 4 sized up and reskinned.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Yeah, Ubisoft isn't giving us that. It's going be be all of the animals from 4 sized up and reskinned.

I'm not even sure they're going to be sized up. The sabertooth in the trailer is regular tiger size.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I mean I'm interested, absolutely

But I would be more interested if there were dinosaurs which people have been clamoring for since FC3

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »

given that it's a Far Cry game, I'd bet that the vast majority of the combat in the game is against other humans anyways