As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2015

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    This being my first secret santa on here I am, perhaps, a little slow. But I have a parcel all wrapped up and ready to send off this weekend, unfortunately it does have to cross the Atlantic so it could still be a few weeks before it actually arrives.

Also the Royal Mail (so-called so that bad-mouthing their service counts as treason) have left me a note informing me that they are holding hostage a parcel 'too big for the letter box', which may or may not be a gift from Santa, I shall find out tomorrow morning with any luck.

Don't worry about being slow. Last year was my first year and I didn't get my gift off until the 2nd week of January. I think I might actually have been the last Santa to ship something. Everything still ended well though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    This being my first secret santa on here I am, perhaps, a little slow. But I have a parcel all wrapped up and ready to send off this weekend, unfortunately it does have to cross the Atlantic so it could still be a few weeks before it actually arrives.

Also the Royal Mail (so-called so that bad-mouthing their service counts as treason) have left me a note informing me that they are holding hostage a parcel 'too big for the letter box', which may or may not be a gift from Santa, I shall find out tomorrow morning with any luck.

Don't worry about being slow. Last year was my first year and I didn't get my gift off until the 2nd week of January. I think I might actually have been the last Santa to ship something. Everything still ended well though.

My first year I was pretty late too if I remember right.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Hmmm, my Santee seems to have received his gifts but hasn't posted anything yet ;-)

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Long ago in a State so backwards there are still segregated bathrooms in Wal-Mart.

I was wasting Super Mutants in the Commonwealth when I received an encoded message from someone outside of the Outer Rim. Hours of work finally gave me the following message. "For the Suicide Squadron..." and some coordinates to empty space. After flying for hours at lightspeed, I finally came to the location. Except there was a planet, or better put, the remains of Alderaan. Among it's pieces I found a research lab built by the Empire. Fitting that the Emperor sent me here. It was here the Empire sent their greatest weapon as a message that we wouldn't be scared of some farm boys in junkers thinking they could create chaos in our order. That they could beat the system and destroy our peace. And soon it became clear why I was here. In the hanger, I was greeted with a glorious sight of some of the Empire's finest and one captured StarViper.

xsx6wfnp9yjl.jpg

As I was checking out the ships, looking at the new paint, the engines, and what not, I suddenly became aware of a presence that few would ever wish to feel. His rebreathers gave away is identity long before the crewmen and workers stood at attention. "Do you find the ships to your liking, Commander Ghosts?" Darth Vader asked as he made his way towards me. "Yes sir. Quite a nice fleet you have."
    "You have." Vader corrected me. "Quite a nice fleet you have, Commander. Someone in the Empire wishes to see the Suicide Squadron grow into a real threat. And they left you this fleet. Any idea who?"

I scratched my head briefly before returning to attention. "No sir. The SS makes enemies, not too many friends. I can't tell you who would do this."
    "Either way, Commander. You have a new arsenal at your disposal. Use it to the greatest of your abilities. And Commander. I understand you have an pilot from the Academy. I believe you call him 'Nimbles'. I'd like full reports on him and his actions on the battlefield. I like to keep my eyes on our most elite pilots and he's making a name for himself."

With these new ships and a group of insane pilots behind me, I left the ruins of the former Rebel planet and returned to the Suicide Squadron's base in an unnamed astroid to built the greatest squadron the Empire has ever seen.

The Suicide Squadron. Flirt with Danger. Marry Death!

Not sure who seen these but that leaves pretty much the TIE Advance and the big ships left for me to get to complete the Imperial Ships. Now I have one Scum and One Rebel ship so I could be weak and start getting the rest of the ships, thus starting a Dark Path I was thinking I'd go down later. Thanks Secret Santa. My wallet was saved. Kinda.

idvslw9zynl0.jpg

My whole collection so far.

• Options
    That camera timestamp :P

Nice haul!
    We'll have to get the next season started soon after the holidays ;-)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Long ago in a State so backwards there are still segregated bathrooms in Wal-Mart.

I was wasting Super Mutants in the Commonwealth when I received an encoded message from someone outside of the Outer Rim. Hours of work finally gave me the following message. "For the Suicide Squadron..." and some coordinates to empty space. After flying for hours at lightspeed, I finally came to the location. Except there was a planet, or better put, the remains of Alderaan. Among it's pieces I found a research lab built by the Empire. Fitting that the Emperor sent me here. It was here the Empire sent their greatest weapon as a message that we wouldn't be scared of some farm boys in junkers thinking they could create chaos in our order. That they could beat the system and destroy our peace. And soon it became clear why I was here. In the hanger, I was greeted with a glorious sight of some of the Empire's finest and one captured StarViper.

xsx6wfnp9yjl.jpg

As I was checking out the ships, looking at the new paint, the engines, and what not, I suddenly became aware of a presence that few would ever wish to feel. His rebreathers gave away is identity long before the crewmen and workers stood at attention. "Do you find the ships to your liking, Commander Ghosts?" Darth Vader asked as he made his way towards me. "Yes sir. Quite a nice fleet you have."
    "You have." Vader corrected me. "Quite a nice fleet you have, Commander. Someone in the Empire wishes to see the Suicide Squadron grow into a real threat. And they left you this fleet. Any idea who?"

I scratched my head briefly before returning to attention. "No sir. The SS makes enemies, not too many friends. I can't tell you who would do this."
    "Either way, Commander. You have a new arsenal at your disposal. Use it to the greatest of your abilities. And Commander. I understand you have an pilot from the Academy. I believe you call him 'Nimbles'. I'd like full reports on him and his actions on the battlefield. I like to keep my eyes on our most elite pilots and he's making a name for himself."

With these new ships and a group of insane pilots behind me, I left the ruins of the former Rebel planet and returned to the Suicide Squadron's base in an unnamed astroid to built the greatest squadron the Empire has ever seen.

The Suicide Squadron. Flirt with Danger. Marry Death!

Not sure who seen these but that leaves pretty much the TIE Advance and the big ships left for me to get to complete the Imperial Ships. Now I have one Scum and One Rebel ship so I could be weak and start getting the rest of the ships, thus starting a Dark Path I was thinking I'd go down later. Thanks Secret Santa. My wallet was saved. Kinda.

idvslw9zynl0.jpg

My whole collection so far.

Hey all right! Those showed up really fast. Glad you like them! I had to throw in the star viper for those sweet sweet auto thrusters.

May the Force Be With you @Grunt's Ghosts!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The deed is done, the contract sealed.
    My gift is in the post and should be winging its way towards its destination over the next few weeks.

Sadly the parcel I had to collect was not from santa at all, crushing disappointment!

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I came home from Friday morning shopping, and what did I find, but a package outside my front door!
    hqa2wwfb39ay.jpg

And inside...
    n9aj59bmaagn.jpg
    (18 month old not included)

Thanks, @Bursar! I expect my daughters and I will get a lot of enjoyment out of it!

• Options
    So I might have to buy copies of my Santa's gifts for me. I like their taste in games and they are so cheap right now.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Rampage is so great.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I'm picking up Munchkin for my wife this Christmas. Are there any other games that are short and funny?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I have to admit .. when I read the message I wrestled with some inner turmoil of how to respond, and resigned myself to try it out but probably secretly regift it to my fiancé.

YSFRKgAl.jpg

But then I opened the package .. and ...

nW6xNJ9m.jpg

YAY SO MUCH BETTER!!!

EKdxcw9m.jpg

THANKS @ArcSyn !!!!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Yay! I couldn't resist trying to make you think it was X-wing. I wasn't sure if you'd seen the base box though and notice this wasn't that size.

I checked for CAH's black friday deal, but they literally weren't sending anything.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    I've been away on my holidays celebrating being old now. But having sent my friend to pay the ransom fees and collect the parcel...

Check these out! ( or squint really hard at the bare metal I've failed to properly photograph )

QEbAwrt.jpg

A lovely array of minis from the chaps at Darksword. From minions of the undead to a pirate cat, which my other half has claimed is now hers.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    @ArcSyn
    Sir, you have won this Christmas. Awesome joke. I shall steal that away for next year. :D
    ... Or maybe the G&T Secret Santa. TIME WILL TELL!

• Options
    ArcSyn
    Sir, you have won this Christmas. Awesome joke. I shall steal that away for next year. :D

It does require your santee to have a "Please don't send me X" rider in their signup message though.
    I don't know how many people put those in.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    The clue is: Holidays, unlimited.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    To be fair to Gizzy, she didn't make that request in her sign-up note. It was only a response to a string of X-wing and Armada gift get posts. So it was definitely meant in jest.
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I'm like the glaring exception to the cool people club - don't send me X-wing!

Just want to be sure no one thinks she was being rude and wouldn't appreciate a copy of Halo wrapped in bacon and an American flag.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    To be fair to Gizzy, she didn't make that request in her sign-up note. It was only a response to a string of X-wing and Armada gift get posts. So it was definitely meant in jest.

Just want to be sure no one thinks she was being rude and wouldn't appreciate a copy of Halo wrapped in bacon and an American flag.

Bacon Wrapped Boston Halo is a classic, doesn't everyone exchange it during the holiday season?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    see317 wrote: »
    ArcSyn

It does require your santee to have a "Please don't send me X" rider in their signup message though.
    I don't know how many people put those in.

Yeah, but I did. :D

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

Bacon Wrapped Boston Halo is a classic, doesn't everyone exchange it during the holiday season?

Last year I got 2 and had to re-gift one! It was a tragedy. Eagles cried.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »

Last year I got 2 and had to re-gift one! It was a tragedy. Eagles cried.

You monster.
    You should have flown two flags, put double the bacon on your bacon and used one of those copies of Halo as a coaster for your Coors light while playing the other. It's the 'Murican way!

• Options
    Giftget.gif

Wait the postman has already been, what was this knock at the door?! Oh snaaaaaap package! Grabbed Lego Wall-E to help me out.

Gu22vEQ.jpg

Peeled open the box and tore away at the ample packaging paper to reveal...

npoA7Ge.png

A BOX OF AWESOME!! Or more specifically the Malifaux starter set! I've been rabbiting on for ages about finding a skirmish game so I can't wait to get this on the table! @Denada it turns out is an excellent Santa, and don't be ridiculous about saying more this is ridiculously generous!

Also totally blaming you when I have no money because of buying a bunch more models. Thanks and happy Christmas dude!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Wall-E is so stoked.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wall-E is so stoked.

He should be, Malifaux is a rad game.

Maybe the best mechanical interpretation of setting and fluff I've ever experienced in a skirmish game.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Also totally blaming you when I have no money because of buying a bunch more models. Thanks and happy Christmas dude!

Yay! I hope it's fun! From the general chatter I've seen on these forums it seems like a pretty good game so, yeah. I'm glad that you and Wall-E are excited :)

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I am totally going to track down a lego Wall-E and use him in all my gift-receipt photos from now on.

• Options
    I'm regretting not making some of the packing paper unto a small cube and showing him putting it into his belly now.

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Tis the season for x-wing indeed. @Gizzy s generosity knows no bounds as a multitude of ships join my fledging fleets. I dug out my Camera Proper™ to take some nicer shots of the new additions to both sides of the conflict.

Rebel reinforcements!

Z9EdyIj.jpg
    GVRtfcs.jpg

and not to be outdone, an Imperial upgrade

9INdKzq.jpg

iJDeVSm.jpg

And there was no need whatsoever to apologise for Royal Mails shitty customs! It's just one of the many ways they squeeze the pounds out of us Brits. 8-)

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    A very belated

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

After a week of puzzling where this mysterious package came from, I have come to the conclusion that it was not sent by a Synth Infilitrator. But enough of about my paranoia, the pictures!

First thing I got was:

09aad293-4d90-4adc-a57b-6944ed212daf_zps9sqf5t3b.jpg

Sweet! Playing Codenames here on the forum was a pleasure and now I have a copy. Looking forwards to breaking this in with my friends.

Next up is:

CFSS20-2002_zpsr84chjnq.jpg

I've quite a lot of good things about Carcassonne, but not a single person I know actually owns this so it'll be fun to finally be able to try this one out for size.

And last and certainly not least is:

CFSS%20-%2003_zps9wa0e4hi.jpg

Now this game I've been staring lustfully for quite some time since I first heard about it. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to get this or Surburbia first as my first taste of this type of game but you've made my decision for me, Santa!

All in all, this is a genuine embarassment of riches you've showered on me, @crimsoncoyote ! These are all awesome games I can't wait to break in properly. I'm still a little speechless a week later when I look at these games. Thank you very much, @crimsoncoyote . You're an awesome Santa!

• Options
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Now this game I've been staring lustfully for quite some time since I first heard about it. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to get this or Surburbia first as my first taste of this type of game but you've made my decision for me, Santa!
    I literally spent a week going back and forth about this exact thing.

Glad you like them! Can't wait to hear how they turn out for you! :D

Happy Holidays @Kirindal

• Options
    edited December 2015
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So I got pretty excited earlier today, when I got this text from my wife:

rTT7zwrm.jpg

Well, thank you, babe. Just wait till I get home :winky:

(I assumed the extra 'u' was tossed in to express just how big we're talking, ladies)

Anyway - cut to a few hours later:
    XOHbB4Hm.jpg

Ah, it seems she was speaking literally. That is a big package, fully half the size of a Standard Reference Toddler!

Let's look inside, shall we?
    il9WsxFl.jpg?1

Aha! Elder Sign and Tsuro, two highly-acclaimed games, which have long been on my wishlist!
    I adore Tsuro's aesthetic, and I love that Elder Sign gives me the Arkham Horror experience in like, 1/8 the time.

Well played, Santa! You are pretty great!

... but that's a really big box for two relatively small games. What the hell, CoolStuffInc? Do you even environment?

Oh, wait, there's something else buried under all the packing snow ...
    BzDLEgj.jpg

I

What the

How did

For real?
    PURWFTB.jpg

So ... yeah. I am legitimately embarrassed by this bounty. Like, wow. I have been spoiled by CF Secret Santa over the last couple of years, but this over the top. Absolutely outrageous. I feel I have won some kind of Internet Lottery.

Seriously, I'm gobsmacked. I am a dude who never shuts up and I don't know what to say.

The thing is, there was no note or anything! So I do not even know to whom to direct my entirely inadequate but utterly heartfelt thanks.

Whoever you are: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Please make yourself known.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Can the US Dollar drop like a rock already so that I can go back to sending gift piles like that one? :P

The joy is strong around here. I am a fan. <3

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    J wrote: »
    I've been away on my holidays celebrating being old now. But having sent my friend to pay the ransom fees and collect the parcel...

Check these out! ( or squint really hard at the bare metal I've failed to properly photograph )

QEbAwrt.jpg

A lovely array of minis from the chaps at Darksword. From minions of the undead to a pirate cat, which my other half has claimed is now hers.

I hope you like them! Truth be told, at first my shopping cart was filled with all cat themed warriors. But then I realized if you were not a fan of that, it'd be the most expensive gag gift .. so I tried for a wide range of things. I wanted to also post pics of what they look like painted, b/c I think they're super neat:

Jen - Harvester of Souls
    sHe9Zjs.jpg

Spectre
    bAIYgB3.jpg

"Bean" the Cthulhu Cat
    1Iec54K.jpg

Ali Sparrow - Female Cat Pirate
    tbmAqi3.jpg

Male Assassin
    a4OsZgY.jpg

Male Dwarven Fighter with Weapon Assortment
    MCv6GSr.jpg

Male Knight with Weapon Assortment
    E3CoIe5.jpg

Snail Cartographer
    Udb159h.jpg

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So I got pretty excited earlier today, when I got this text from my wife:

rTT7zwrm.jpg

Well, thank you, babe. Just wait till I get home :winky:

(I assumed the extra 'u' was tossed in to express just how big we're talking, ladies)

Anyway - cut to a few hours later:
    XOHbB4Hm.jpg

Ah, it seems she was speaking literally. That is a big package, fully half the size of a Standard Reference Toddler!

Let's look inside, shall we?
    il9WsxFl.jpg?1

Aha! Elder Sign and Tsuro, two highly-acclaimed games, which have long been on my wishlist!
    I adore Tsuro's aesthetic, and I love that Elder Sign gives me the Arkham Horror experience in like, 1/8 the time.

Well played, Santa! You are pretty great!

... but that's a really big box for two relatively small games. What the hell, CoolStuffInc? Do you even environment?

Oh, wait, there's something else buried under all the packing snow ...
    BzDLEgj.jpg

I

What the

How did

For real?
    PURWFTB.jpg

So ... yeah. I am legitimately embarrassed by this bounty. Like, wow. I have been spoiled by CF Secret Santa over the last couple of years, but this over the top. Absolutely outrageous. I feel I have won some kind of Internet Lottery.

Seriously, I'm gobsmacked. I am a dude who never shuts up and I don't know what to say.

The thing is, there was no note or anything! So I do not even know to whom to direct my entirely inadequate but utterly heartfelt thanks.

Whoever you are: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Please make yourself known.

I gave you a huge package. :winky:

Yeah, Coolstuff doesn't do notes. Which sucked because I had this big plan thingy all planned out where you would pick your path and thus gift until you learned who I was but it didn't work out. But glad you liked it. Past year I got Love Letter from here and it's my favorite game I play (other than Cards Against Humanity that I got the year before) so I had to spread the love. Enjoy your games.And Happy Holidays.

• Options
    A single Awesome hardly seems adequate.

You are pretty rad, GG.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Snail Cartographer is Awesome!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    A little late but Stage One of my gift has been ordered.
    Its going through Wayland Games (free shipping) so it might be a while but will hopefully arrive before Christmas!

I'm leaving Japan for a week from tomorrow, so Stage Two will begin when I return

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    That feeling when a package you sent shows as delivered on the 2nd, but nothing has been said so far ...