As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[pbp] Kingdom Death - Death by Lantern Light

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    El Skid wrote: »
    Booo just regular damage :(

You jinxed it by invoking it. The Lady never comes when called.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Hang on, Koreg still has a move he might want to make.

Oh, I figured he would stay still in the grass, but I guess moving farther back in the grass so he's not in the charge path would actually be a good idea...

@Koreg do you want to move before this goes off?
    Hang on, Koreg still has a move he might want to make.

Oh, I figured he would stay still in the grass, but I guess moving farther back in the grass so he's not in the charge path would actually be a good idea...

@Koreg do you want to move before this goes off?

Nope I'm staying in the grass.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Beast's Heel
    You clip the tensed muscles of the heel.
    No reaction.

1 Wound left.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I will move to D11 and attack

Geth, Roll 2d10t5

2d10t5 1 [2d10t5=1, 7]

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I almost feel sorry for this lion.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Nah, we're a bunch of mad face-wasteland cannibals. There's no good guy here.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Level 2 lion crouches nearby smiling...paws forming a triangle. Yessss. Let them get overconfident...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Nah, we're a bunch of mad face-wasteland cannibals. There's no good guy here.

Speak for yourself- I'm totally the good guy here!

You are wearing the lions mates skin on your head.

Exactly. The Lion is the bad guy, as was the Lion's mate. I am the good guy.

It all works! QED

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Level 2 lion crouches nearby smiling...paws forming a triangle. Yessss. Let them get overconfident...

Screaming Antelope peers over the bushes. "HAY GUYZ WHATZ GOIN ON OVER HERE?!"

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    I will move to D11 and attack

Geth, Roll 2d10t5

Just need ZH to swing for damage and see if we kill this one already. Time to make Testicle Tea (TM)

Actually, it'd be a shame if we didn't at least try to pick some herbs before landing the death blow.... I'd forgotten about them :-/

What is damage, beating a 6?

Geth, Roll 1d10t6 for Running into a Clever Ploy

Running into a Clever Ploy:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=6]

Steam
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Actually, it'd be a shame if we didn't at least try to pick some herbs before landing the death blow.... I'd forgotten about them :-/

They're real good, too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I think you actually need an 8 to wound this lion. 6 was the first storys toughness.

Granted, you must be a little girly man not to critical it like everyone else in the thread *flexes*

a well, another failure. Making me 0/6 for getting axe experience points for the colony

Steam
    The toughness on this one is 8+, but it gets modified by the strength of your weapon (and your stats). So Bone axe is str 3, and ZH has a 1 strength, so technically he needed a 4 to wound, by my count.

edited November 2015
    a well, another failure. Making me 0/6 for getting axe experience points for the colony

You realize the axe adds 3 to your roll to wound, right? Total of +4 to the roll, allowing for your one extra. Unless you lost +str to damage rolls somehow a roll of 6 should do it.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Yeah, you easily wound on a roll of a 6. No point typing out the Hit location card as it's enough to kill out. Congrats all!

Alright, everyone gets +1 Hunt XP.

El Skid will receive his first Age event.

Zombie Hero gets his first point in Weapon Proficiency for his Axe.

We're going to draw 4 basic resources, and 4 White Lion Resources.

In addition to the White Fur acquired earlier we add:

2x White Fur
    1x Sinew
    1x Lion Claw
    2x Monster Hide
    1x Monster Bone
    1x ???

Don't you still get weapon xp as long as you attacked with it that shodown? or do you have to do damage?

If my recollection is correct its only after a successful wound with the chosen weapon type. So ZH snuck it in there at the last moment :)

• RendRend Registered User regular
    TheColonel wrote: »
    If my recollection is correct its only after a successful wound with the chosen weapon type. So ZH snuck it in there at the last moment :)

You do in fact need to wound with it

Alright, I'll try and get everything prepped and have the Settlement Phase ready to go this evening. Actually have to work at work (on a Friday wtf). I've updated the Resource List on the Settlement sheet. Go ahead and start thinking of how you want to spend those. You guys have 4 Endeavors to spend on possible new buildings, equipment, innovation, augeries etc.

I think we should have some extra resources- shimmering lion mane, lion Testes from our crits

I think we should have some extra resources- shimmering lion mane, lion Testes from our crits

I figured Koreg made off with the balls.

edited November 2015
    Production-wise, once we survive whatever the next turn in the road is for the Settlement phase, I want my dang bow. We can also probably make the majority of a White Lion set for someone out of that or finish a Rawhide one for the dagger guy, because there's some set synergy there.

We continue to be short science but can probably afford to innovate.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Woop! Nice to load up the thread to victory.

I also just finished my first real life game of KD:M! Four players came around so I ended up GMing things which was absolutely fine by me. It went amazingly and I believe we could be onto a winner here in trying to get follow up games to make this a campaign.

I was worried it was all going to go horribly wrong when they got mullered by the tutorial lion due to a chronic inability to hit it, and only one survivor made it through. Though they did make the killing blow with a thrown founding stone to the testicles which was very amusing.

Then they spent their one endeavour on making the bone smith and crafting some weapons. And promptly managed to get a hunt event that broke them all. It was going horribly against the level 1 lion with no weapons causing a chronic inability to wound, but then someone managed to pull a scrap sword from some terrain and it all swung madly back in the survivors favour and they chopped it down for only a single permanent injury in the end.

This game man! This game! So good.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    The Lion set of armor is really nice for anyone working with Daggers or Katars. I'm quite partial to them...

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I think we should start working on making those Lion Beast Katars and the Lion Coat & Gauntlets for a start.

I think we need whoever has the kings spear to have a Magic Helmet to go along with it.

Then you need to fight the level 3 rabbit wabbit.

Spear and magic helmet?

Regardless, I think we definitely need to innovate here. With our last one we'll get our choice of 4 things to innovate, which should help open up better stuff for the future.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Innovate first, see what we can pick up, and then make a decision about toys and whatnot?

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Sounds like a plan, but I think we could definitely use a Bow especially if we go White Lion hunting again.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Year three is a special year. We won't be hunting a Lion that's for sure. I'll leave it at that...

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Dun dun DUUUUUNNNNNNN

Yeah. By "science" I meant "organs," as we have only the one extra Sinew, iirc. that's gonna slow up Innovating and also the WL set, but we have a buttload of hides and should consider a Leather Works.

kshu0oba7xnr.png