As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A minimal [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    swords are often pretty gorgeous
    Elldren wrote: »
    yo 21st

VULCAN Heavy Industries
    FUTURA Ballistics Management

and this image which I stumbled upon in some folder somewhere. SVAROG Corporation ideas.

kKEp5Bt.jpg

what is with the multiple gas ports on that bottom one?

me coming up with as many ideas as I can before rejected harebrained or ugly ones

if I was gonna use what I'm gonna call the three lined look I'd retool the bottom thing to be something. Rail supporting the handguard or something.

cleaning rod is the classic

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    why kill spiders, though

isn't that basically just giving mosquitos a free pass

I have several arachnid roommates for this reason

Biological warfare motherfuckers

my family's apartment in Brisbane has these big palm-sized moths

we used to have mosquitos in the drains

the moths moved in

no more mosquitos

circle of life

I am all about the circle of life, especially when it involves the destruction of my arch nemesis, the mosquitos

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Surely it's ok to buy expensive boots for my costume if I'll use them later >.>

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I have to say I would much rather deal with mosquito's than fleas

Between fleas and I there can be no peace. Carthage must be destroyed.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Alazull wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    My favorite WWII story is still that dude who ripped a mounted machine gun off of whatever it was fixed to and carried it into the fight.

He didn't know it, but he pretty much invented the first person shooter genre.

I think you're talking about Audie Murphy. He ordered his men to retreat back into a woods and fought a delaying action, engaging with his carbine and calling for artillery. Then he mounted a burning tank destroyer and used it's machine gun to engage the Germans. He got shot, kept killing Germans. Ran out of ammo and retreated back to the woods. Where he rallied his unit and launched a counter-attack. He got the Medal of Honor and for it. He was the most decorated solider in US history.

He's also kind of a big deal because he had PTSD. And him speaking out was influential for making the DoD recognize it because he was one of the few people the Army couldn't call him a coward.

Didn't he also join like waaaaay under-aged as well?

And starred in a bunch of movies about WWII?

I don't think he was underaged, just tiny as fuck.

He did star in a movie about himself, which they toned down, because they felt the reality would seem too ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

Yeah, several sources are backing that up. Including that if he was born in 1925 he would have been 16.

Three years later he is a Medal of Honor recipient.

Also as for his acting career...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001559/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It helps when you're a Medal of Honor recipient before you're 21.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    culture, discworld

hmm

also the expanse series is pretty good soft sci fi and a bit detective noir kind of thing

discworld is great if you like that sort of Douglas Adams cheeky satire vibe, which I do

I haven't read culture

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh shit, it's suddenly become saturday morning

I have a birthday to go to. I guess "card for cheap bottle of wine" is today's art assignment, then

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I can hear the surface of my palm being torn away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBIT_SSzmI

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    oh shit, it's suddenly become saturday morning

I have a birthday to go to. I guess "card for cheap bottle of wine" is today's art assignment, then

sometimes it's suddenly Saturday morning

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    So my buddy is a climber who makes a living doing repairs, cleaning, maintenance and painting at extreme heights

As we speak he is painting the fucking CN Tower in Toronto

He will be home at 7 am

What kind of life

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    So my buddy is a climber who makes a living doing repairs, cleaning, maintenance and painting at extreme heights

He will be home at 7 am

What kind of life

Ahahahahahah

no thank you

• Options

He will be home at 7 am

What kind of life

I hate heights

And kind of want his job

• Options
    Mostly to get over hating heights, though

Confront all the fears

seek perfection

• Options
    swords are often pretty gorgeous
    yo 21st

VULCAN Heavy Industries
    FUTURA Ballistics Management

and this image which I stumbled upon in some folder somewhere. SVAROG Corporation ideas.

kKEp5Bt.jpg

what is with the multiple gas ports on that bottom one?

me coming up with as many ideas as I can before rejected harebrained or ugly ones

if I was gonna use what I'm gonna call the three lined look I'd retool the bottom thing to be something. Rail supporting the handguard or something.

cleaning rod is the classic

ah, yeah, of course. I didn't like the three nearly equal pipes look anyway. I liked the general look of three things, because svarog is the most mechanical metal looking of them all. Off-shoot of vulcan, which has plain no nonsense designs, but without plastic furniture and more just metal junk. I think the example we talked about was G3 variants, where Vulcan would make it look like this

tumblr_mu5l7g4Klk1s57vgxo6_1280.jpg
    (which is pretty much how the non-LMG looking vulcan gun looks)

and Svarog would make it look like this
    hk_g3.jpg

but of course exagerrated

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    @Chanus I however raise you David Bowie.

This is one of those few songs that'll come on classic radio that its just turn it up and everyone shut your mouths I need to hear this.

https://youtu.be/N4d7Wp9kKjA

• Options

He will be home at 7 am

What kind of life

painting houses definitely conquered my fear of heights

watching roofers lay down shingle still amazes me though

those guys just give no fucks about a 30° grade forty feet off the ground

• Options
    Speaking of the circle of life, just read this
    And look--a thousand blossoms with the day woke
    And a thousand scatter'd into clay:
    And this first summer month that brings the rose
    Shall take Jamshyd and Kaikobad away

(man I wish this had footnotes)

• Options
    He and his wife are two of my closest friends

He fears nothing in life, not at all, except oblivion and the loss of his loved ones, which, i mean

• Options
    Alazull wrote: »
    @Chanus I however raise you David Bowie.

This is one of those few songs that'll come on classic radio that its just turn it up and everyone shut your mouths I need to hear this.

https://youtu.be/N4d7Wp9kKjA

definitely underrated

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The idea of the pretentious Japanese guns having module names that assemble into haiku is so good.

If this was my game and the guns weren't already made of three modules I would consider retooling the game to make it happen.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So this is absurdly addictive

http://hex.frvr.com/

• Options

He fears nothing in life, not at all, except oblivion and the loss of his loved ones, which, i mean

I feel like I fear death much less when I'm happy, which is horrendously counterintuitive

• Options
    I wish I could make adult money painting houses and building decks and fences

that was the most rewarding work ive ever done by far

I can still drive around town and point to something and say hey I built that

just $8.00/hr doesn't pay the bills now that I like things like hot water in the winter and disposable income

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I feel like I fear death much less when I'm happy, which is horrendously counterintuitive

"Might as well go out in a good mood -- STORM THE BATTLEMENTS."

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh also the books don't have to be sci-fi/fantasy. i only read hyperion because donk jizzed over it

things i like: awesome, brutal fights. uh, cool surprising strategies. titties. smart writing even if not especially dense or challenging. or none of this.

i guess most of the stuff i read tends to be sci-fi/fantasy/spy stuff. hmm. alternative history is p cool, it often has the above in spades.

• Options
    Meanwhile she and I had a conversation about structural social determinism and whether life has any inherent value

At one point I said her stance's logical conclusion was that she was morally beholden to kill all human beings, possibly all conscious beings

These Toronto people

I also went to a punk metal coffee shop with a spare modern stone stair instead of benches and black steel strips instead of a counter

The customer in front of me had a shaved head, towered above even me (I'm 6'2") and wore a black leather bomber atop painted on black jeans and black leather dress shoes

I did not take any cream or sugar

• Options
    desc wrote: »

"Might as well go out in a good mood -- STORM THE BATTLEMENTS."

Once more into the breach!

We happy few, on this day, St. Shivahn day!

• Options
    oh also the books don't have to be sci-fi/fantasy. i only read hyperion because donk jizzed over it

things i like: awesome, brutal fights. uh, cool surprising strategies. titties. smart writing even if not especially dense or challenging. or none of this.

i guess most of the stuff i read tends to be sci-fi/fantasy/spy stuff. hmm. alternative history is p cool, it often has the above in spades.

the temeraire series hits a lot of those points but is not necessarily exciting all the time

but is a good read

basically napoleonic wars historical fiction where there are dragons

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I suggest the biography Tokyo Vice.
    Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan is a 2009 memoir by Jake Adelstein of his years living in Tokyo as the first non-Japanese reporter working for one of Japan's largest newspapers, Yomiuri Shinbun.

Its real fucking good

• Options

You might like the First Law trilogy then

Brutal and darkly funny fantasy

Basically "if these fantasy tropes acted like real people how would that world look" kind of people

Barbarian heroes with dissociative trauma, coldly manipulative immortals, brutal fights full of errors and bad luck and chaos

• Options
    gah, my calligraphy is not on point

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    The idea of the pretentious Japanese guns having module names that assemble into haiku is so good.

If this was my game and the guns weren't already made of three modules I would consider retooling the game to make it happen.

the guns are only made of three modules because that was what fit - stock, receiver... area, barrel for vulcan

stock, barrel and lower bit, and upper nonsense, for futura

how many parts would be needed to make haikus

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    they don't have to be good haikus

in fact having them be bad haikus would totally fit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Confront all the fears

seek perfection

Kind of hard to be perfect when you're falling 300 feet to your doom.

• Options

Can all of them end with, "It's snowing on Mt. Fuji."?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

One thousand rounds rain,
    From a drone high in the sky,
    They are all perfect.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

You should try HEAVY OBJECT

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

One thousand rounds rain,
    From a drone high in the sky,
    They are all perfect.
    It's snowing on Mt. Fuji

Seriously Danny Sexbang has a point here.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Confront all the fears

seek perfection

Kind of hard to be perfect when you're falling 300 feet to your doom.

That is the ideal time for perfection

You are a pure symbol of the rapidity with which we are brought to oblivion

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So this is absurdly addictive

http://hex.frvr.com/

Ugh it's not that addictive.

... *clicks play again*

This discussion has been closed.