Oh, hey, Writer's Block compatriots, companions, colleagues and cohorts--
In the interest of camaraderie and seasonally-appropriate cheer, let's do this!
SIGN UP as follows:
In your PM you need to include:
- Your real name and address
at which you receive box-type mail. If you will be away on holiday during any of the weeks between Christmas and New Year's, include that as well if you know what days you won't be home so your Clandestine Claus doesn't go nuts refreshing the thread eagerly awaiting your post.
- whether you are willing / able to ship international
gifts! We will do what we can to make it work. Don't let being an international deter you from signing up... We will find a way!
- I can't imagine why anyone in this particular subforum would send an NSFW gift, but if you're opening your stuff at work or with your family or whatever, it's worth mentioning so your Clandestine Claus doesn't buy you a copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover or whatever.
- Kringle forbid, should something terrible happen and a TWBer goes ungifted, would you be on the Reserve List to save the day?
Post to the thread
so others know you're in, and include a short stuff you like/stuff you don't type list. Include steam, amazon, gog, etc wishlists if needed (helpful for international in the event your Clandestine Claus wants to bypass horrible shipping fees). Maybe mention books you're interested in, stuff you might want to research, topics unrelated to writing that you like. The origin point of our friendships in twb is storytelling, but beyond that, there's a lot to explore!
Every Writer's Block comrade who has been a member of the PA Forums since December 2014
is eligible to play, provided you have a posting history in TWB or the Well. You don't have to have a huge posting history in twb; the time limit just applies to your overall forum membership.
Exceptions may be made at my discretion, or by ElJeffe and the rest of the PA mod squad. There are a few people who are regulars in #thewritersblock IRC chat, for example, and for this case that's good enough for me, provided their PA profile meets the December 2014 cutoff. If you are newer to the PA forums than that, you'll need someone to vouch for you who has been here for that time.
Sign-ups run through November 20th
; I will get your Claus to you on November 23rd at the latest, so you can utilize Cyber Mega Shop Holiday sales as needed to kick off your gifting. This gives you over a month to get your shit together in terms of budget and timing for signing up, AND over a month to make, or order, and ship your thing.
Your gift is expected to arrive by Christmas unless disaster strikes. In the event disaster strikes, your odds of not getting kneecapped considerably improve if you communicate with me!
If you haven't taken care of your Clandestine Claus by the 15th of January, though (guys don't make me finish this sentence.)
Should a problem with your Claus assignment arise, notify me as quickly as you possibly can, via forum PM so I have some follow-through type thing.
If you're new to PA Secret Someone type projects, here's a very brief primer:
* post a short thing about you, stuff you like and dislike, and whatever else might be useful to your new Clandestine Claus.
* buy (or make!!) rad gift for the person on your list that they. And ship it to them so it arrives by Christmas.
* receive rad gift from someone else. Post photos if you can. Appreciate how cool it is that we live in the future where we have friends all over the map!
These are pretty much the steps to follow. PM me if you need to know more or if you are ready to sign up!