As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Uncharted!] You used to Chloe on my cell phone

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Good lord, finally past the first one. And look, they have an "explorer" option! Looks like I'm going to be much less frustrated by the next two. I still have my achievements from my normal runs on my ps3, so I'm not really missing anything.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    p. happy with this thread title

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta starts this Friday, only for people that bought the Collection

No idea how they verify that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta starts this Friday, only for people that bought the Collection

Did the collection not come with a code? Thats usually how this stuff works

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Balefuego wrote: »

Did the collection not come with a code? Thats usually how this stuff works

I just grabbed the box and there's a slip in it

Telling you that you get the beta as like, free DLC for the Collection?

No code required

So I guess you could like, borrow a friend's copy if you don't have it

Redbox also has it

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I imagine it will probably require you to have the disc in to boot it up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ah, there is no disk for the Drake Collection. That little slip is your code to get what you need.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I finally bought this thing today

I had to choose between out and Just Cause 3

And then I realized, it had to be Uncharted

It has always been Uncharted

• Options
    The beta makes it seem like the grappling hook is the major new thing in this game

OKAY

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Uncharted Collection was half off today in Sonys Christmas sale, so I guess Christmas is me replaying all three Uncharted games.

Edit: I think the biggest compliment I can pay the Uncharted Collection is that Uncharted 1 looks just like I remember it, rather than how it actually looked.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Finally played some of the MP beta. It's some good stuff.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Finally played some of the MP beta. It's some good stuff.

What kind of insane monkey's paw sacrifice did Naughty Dog have to make to get a game that looks this good and runs this smoothly

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Holy shit

I've always liked Uncharted's MP

But 4 is crazy good!

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dialog trees, y'all

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I'm not playing Uncharted for the dialogue choices. I just hope it doesn't draw away from the cinematic feel of the story.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I just finished Drake's Fortune

You know what, that held up better than I expected! Maybe they just really overhauled it or something for the rerelease, but as long as you abuse the generosity running and gunning gives you with the shotguns, it's really good!

Stealth edit: the jet ski stuff was still No Good, unfortunately

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Still playing through the collection

Uncharted has always had pretty great villains, huh

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The MP beta has been really fun, though it took me a few minutes to get used to how smoothly everything runs.

The sniper helper is a cash cow.

• Options
    Finished 2, starting on 3

2 is still as good as you remember, with a final chapter that's as frustrating as you remember

I'm only a little bit into 3 but it's....really good? I mean, I was lukewarm on it when it came out, but so far I'm having a really good time with it.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I liked 3, it just wasn't as huge a leap as 2 was from 1

People also didn't like the feel of the shooting, but they supposedly fixed that with this re-release

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

People also didn't like the feel of the shooting, but they supposedly fixed that with this re-release

I know they actually patched in a "make this more like 2" option shortly after release

I wonder if that's just the default now

• Options
    Finished 2, starting on 3

2 is still as good as you remember, with a final chapter that's as frustrating as you remember

I'm only a little bit into 3 but it's....really good? I mean, I was lukewarm on it when it came out, but so far I'm having a really good time with it.

3 starts really strong and then sags in the middle before finishing strong

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I know they actually patched in a "make this more like 2" option shortly after release

I wonder if that's just the default now

According to Digital Foundry, they went beyond those patch changes and fixed it up even more

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-uncharted-3-drakes-deception-nathan-drake-collection-ps4-face-off

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Finished UC1 again.

I'd forgotten how much of a bad ass Sully was.
    Gets left behind on an island crawling with feral zombie monsters and paramilitary goons, shows up with a boat loaded with treasure.

Victor Goddamn Sullivan.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Yeah okay, I'm farther into 3, and it is noticeably better

That's great! I always thought 3 had the potential to be the best one

It definitely has some of my favorite set pieces, like the
    burning Chateau

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forgot how fucking annoying the end of the first game is.

• Options
    Finished 2, still one of the best games of the last console generation. Would have liked some checkpoints in the last bossfight, though.

Started 3 and man, did they work on the shooting. This feels so much better.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah okay, I'm farther into 3, and it is noticeably better

That's great! I always thought 3 had the potential to be the best one

It definitely has some of my favorite set pieces, like the
    burning Chateau

The final big area is one of the most spectacular looking ones in games

I can't wait to see what they've cooked up with 4's engine.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Is the Collection still half-off on PSN? I never played the first and it's been ages since I played 2.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Finishing Uncharted than going directly into the sequel us such a huge tonal shift in overall quality.

• Options
    Not only that, but where the characters are in 2 compared to where we leave them at the end of 1.

• Options
    I'm actually not sure I'll ever play 1 again

It's just...nothing I like about Uncharted is in there

Even the charaters are off, with the writing being not quite as good and some of the voice acting sounding surprisingly bad

I guess Uncharted 1 has Eddy Raja, that helps

• Options
    Uncharted 1 was fun to play through again... Except for those fucking jet skis!

Fuck you jet skis!

Why are there explosive barrels in the fucking water anyway?

• Options
    Drake and Sully are definitely a lot skeevier in the first game than in any other

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Drake and Sully are definitely a lot skeevier in the first game than in any other

And it's weird

(spoilers for Uncharted 1)
    About halfway through Drake's all "Hey we should leave and just forget this" and Elena is the one who goes "But what about the treasure???"

And then you get to 2 and she has COMPLETELY reversed her thoughts on treasure hunting

• Options
    There's a Behind The Scenes thing on Uncharted 2 that wasn't included with the Collection or, bizarrely, the original game. It it on YouTube, though, and it's split up in, I think, eleven parts. The best bits are the round table interviews with the actors, but everything is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p58o6RJ88

This is episode one and I think there's a playlist on YouTube that just runs through the lot.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

And it's weird

(spoilers for Uncharted 1)
    About halfway through Drake's all "Hey we should leave and just forget this" and Elena is the one who goes "But what about the treasure???"

And then you get to 2 and she has COMPLETELY reversed her thoughts on treasure hunting
    I would totally do the same after the shit that happens in Uncharted 1.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Finally loaded the Collection back up since the beta's over

One thing I was thinking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeUYzDgs498

I think the Uncharted theme is one of the only recognizable orchestral themes in video games, currently

And that's for a good reason, cause it's real good

6F32U1X.png