As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Donger support sounds like it'd be better than it is in practice. If you max turrets, you shove lane for free and get ganked. If you max the other skills, you can just get outplayed. He still gets shit on when all inned by tankier supports, even worse than APs like Zyra.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2016
    That is exactly the point.

He has a good kit to be support, it just isn't tuned for it currently.

e:
    Also I agree on blind pick, at least let me lock in my role choice. I hate going in, calling support, making sure no one else tries to call it, locking in, then having someone else lock in another support. I can't go mid as thresh people. -_-

Morkath on
  • Options
    AD Thresh is fun and hilarious, if you get stuck doing it, embrace it.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I went Duskblade Thresh in an ARAM.

We lost but at least the ship sank in style.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    How do you build for AD thresh? Beeline for Dreadnoughts?
    e:
    Dead Man's plate, I need to stop calling it by the ability.

Morkath on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Dead Man's doesn't have any AD on it.

butts
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Whooo whee!

Dangers of walking away after selecting your champ. I was first or second pick and grab Leona then walk away to do some things.

Get into bot lane

What the. Why is there a Viktor ADC?

Wait a second. . .Teemo is our jungler!?

and this was ranked. it went about as well as you would expect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nope, but the crushing blow passive, synergizes with the flay passive.

• Options
    If you're going to play AD Thresh, you want to go full man mode and build tons of AD so that you maximize the damage of his flay passive.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Nope, but the crushing blow passive, synergizes with the flay passive.
    Crushing Blow is ranged only. You build (and lose) momentum but you don't gain the slow or bonus damage from movement. AD Thresh is exactly that - stack AD on Thresh.

butts
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    We were talking about trundle support and it me wonder if maokai would be any good in support these days. He just got the duration on his saplings buffed, so he has long range explody wards that slow, a very hard, if short ranged, engage, very good peel and a defensive ult, and sustain that synergizes well with a relic and is likely to be up because you're in a 4 person lane with everyone throwing spells.

• Options
    If you could get enough gold Mao support would be legit. I still think it makes more sense to run him top lane because he's a fairly safe laner and can TP to fights. There are better picks for supports that fit his archetype.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    We were talking about trundle support and it me wonder if maokai would be any good in support these days. He just got the duration on his saplings buffed, so he has long range explody wards that slow, a very hard, if short ranged, engage, very good peel and a defensive ult, and sustain that synergizes well with a relic and is likely to be up because you're in a 4 person lane with everyone throwing spells.

Short answer is kind of; play Alistar instead. His problem is that he needs too much mana and is too dependent on using his skills on the wave in order to keep his passive up. He can all-in you super hard, but that is it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I would probably also consider using TA to prevent the enemy from disengaging, rather than engaging.

How many saplings can Mao have out at once, out of curiosity?

• Options
    An inverse question.

Is there any way to build Leona as not support?

I started the game something like 3/0 because my team was. . .suspect

and it seems like at that point I probably shouldn't have gone the regular support path.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Her scaling seems kind of bad, go for onhit effects?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Sunfire? Fro fist? Deadman?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I did get a sunfire. Ice punchies might have been a good way to go.

idk it was pretty much a lost game but if I was ever going to try to build leona to deal damage that was the time to do it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I did get a sunfire. Ice punchies might have been a good way to go.

idk it was pretty much a lost game but if I was ever going to try to build leona to deal damage that was the time to do it.

Triforce is fun. Unclear if useful. Certainly you do proc sheen.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Don't poke at minions. It can throw your ADC off. Plus that means you'll be pushing your lane when it may be ideal to freeze etc.

I haaaate when my supports poke at minions.

It throws off my planning for which minions to hit.

Also I wish that I could ban devourer from bronze junglers.

9 times out of 10 it's pushing 30 minutes and they only have like ten stacks, but they haven't sold it to take warrior instead.

Jungler plz.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I can't find it in my match history but I had a game where Leona went "ADC." I know she had Triforce and IE, not sure what else. I remember looking at damage charts and it was nothing amazing, but she had a great score (like 7/2/15) and was a real pain for the enemies.

@credeiki Well my first game trying Sivir was another survival horror matchup, so great for comparison! I was pleased with the laning, up 20-30 cs at ten minutes and bullying Tristana, only 1 death where I trusted my team and joined in when I should have left them to die. But enemy Rengar had killed top mid mid mid top in that time. Mid game was a nightmare as he could just Rengar you at any time - I was trying to play as safe as I could but it was never safe enough, and at 19 minutes I was 0/5. But our Graves was not going to let us surrender, saying "Everyone buy Zhonyas or GA."
    Luckily the enemies didn't know what to do with a lead (split push with Rengar) and went aram-mid mode, and with Annie stuns and Sivir's bonkers AoE damage those were fights we could win. We held out, clawed our way back, and they surrendered when we aced them in another teamfight at dragon (which they'd killed, but they engaged us afterward instead of leaving). Very satisfying to end with a positive KDA after all those instagibs from satan cat.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I can't find it in my match history but I had a game where Leona went "ADC." I know she had Triforce and IE, not sure what else. I remember looking at damage charts and it was nothing amazing, but she had a great score (like 7/2/15) and was a real pain for the enemies.

@credeiki Well my first game trying Sivir was another survival horror matchup, so great for comparison! I was pleased with the laning, up 20-30 cs at ten minutes and bullying Tristana, only 1 death where I trusted my team and joined in when I should have left them to die. But enemy Rengar had killed top mid mid mid top in that time. Mid game was a nightmare as he could just Rengar you at any time - I was trying to play as safe as I could but it was never safe enough, and at 19 minutes I was 0/5. But our Graves was not going to let us surrender, saying "Everyone buy Zhonyas or GA."
    Luckily the enemies didn't know what to do with a lead (split push with Rengar) and went aram-mid mode, and with Annie stuns and Sivir's bonkers AoE damage those were fights we could win. We held out, clawed our way back, and they surrendered when we aced them in another teamfight at dragon (which they'd killed, but they engaged us afterward instead of leaving). Very satisfying to end with a positive KDA after all those instagibs from satan cat.

Nice! And look at that cs--isn't it so fun to cs with Sivir?

--wrt build, I've been buying ER and IE before an attack speed item. Not really sure about it, but I tentatively like it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Red Raevyn wrote: »

Nice! And look at that cs--isn't it so fun to cs with Sivir?

--wrt build, I've been buying ER and IE before an attack speed item. Not really sure about it, but I tentatively like it.

I think Essence Reaver -> Shiv is the way to go, pretty sure it works out to be more dps due to the multiplicative nature of auto scaling and you also clear waves instantly (you know, even more instantly than Sivir normally does).

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    oops double post

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    new champion seems to be pretty OP.

just played him on twisted treeline and the result was. . .not good for the enemy team.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    An inverse question.

and it seems like at that point I probably shouldn't have gone the regular support path.

Well...You've got lots of abilities and an Auto Reset. Her AP ratio's aren't bad but not that great without her ult. 1.1 without, 1.9 with. Not all that much different than Mummy Really. So one option is Tanky AP. Zhonya's, Abyssal and then well, tank/CDR

The other option is AD because you've got a gap close, stun and auto reset. Hyrda/Titanic Hydra/Triforce/Frozen Fist/Maw/Steraks are all good options.

AD is probably best but i am not sure an ideal order.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    An inverse question.

Well...You've got lots of abilities and an Auto Reset. Her AP ratio's aren't bad but not that great without her ult. 1.1 without, 1.9 with. Not all that much different than Mummy Really. So one option is Tanky AP. Zhonya's, Abyssal and then well, tank/CDR

The other option is AD because you've got a gap close, stun and auto reset. Hyrda/Titanic Hydra/Triforce/Frozen Fist/Maw/Steraks are all good options.

AD is probably best but i am not sure an ideal order.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Bear! Crocodile! Fox! Little girl! Anime grammaton cleric! When our powers combine, we are YOU FF AT 20!

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Heart! No wait, Double post!

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I've played AP and bruiser Leona on and off since her release and the AD build is definitely superior. She can stick to someone for days and keep smacking them. While her AP ratios aren't super-bad, something about how her kit works always makes it feel lackluster.

Used to build TF-Bork on her, but with the new options I think things like Steraks, the Hydras and DMP are fun choices after Triforce.

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular

just played him on twisted treeline and the result was. . .not good for the enemy team.

Aurelion is a new release champion from Riot. After his initial sales target has been reached they'll patch and take about 100 base damage off his stupid orbiting star thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

Aurelion is a new release champion from Riot. After his initial sales target has been reached they'll patch and take about 100 base damage off his stupid orbiting star thing.

When his eventual balancing occurs I imagine we will never see him again. Unless he makes an amazing ap jungler.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Another tough early/mid game (/mute all) into comeback on Sivir got me my third key fragment and I unlocked Fnatic Karthus. I don't own him; wouldn't it be awesome if this hextech stuff was tradeable? I could get some champions, and some fan could get a nice legacy skin.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    When his eventual balancing occurs I imagine we will never see him again. Unless he makes an amazing ap jungler.

I kind of suspect he won't be great in lane because of matchup problems (assassins are bad for him). His kit isn't awful for a jungler, though.

Source: biased jungle main who actually thinks Bard has a jungler's kit

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So far I've only gotten champions I own from the hextech stuff. It's like a nice big kick in the dick that I have to work for.

May as well put a "convert to IP" button in there so I can properly ignore it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »

I kind of suspect he won't be great in lane because of matchup problems (assassins are bad for him). His kit isn't awful for a jungler, though.

Source: biased jungle main who actually thinks Bard has a jungler's kit

I'm probably more of a support main now a days but I agree with your assessment concerning the Sol man. The gank paths with his E and nurtured Q alone are great. And he could even come from behind and force a tower dive for the other team.

But I don't know how effective he will be. Might grab but will probably wait for his free week to see.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Huh. first game of the day within the first 5 minutes my ADC calls me garbage for not protecting him from nami bubbles and I go full on tiltarino.

guess that's all the league for the day. still won the game but nope . avi that put me in an awful mood.

edit: i guess i should be happy that i was his support and not someone that would have raged back and forth with him. i just ignored him and did my job so that's kind of like two wins?!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sol's pretty mobile but his ganks seem fairly easy to walk away from if you're actually paying attention.

I don't think he's going to have much staying power in terms of popularity. A lot of his power's lumped into his passive, which (without having actually played him) sounds dull as hell.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I want my volibear rework

He should get a rage bar for attacking things and then when it maxes out his abilities become enhanced spending rage.

Normal Q: run to target to flip
    Ragemode Q: Leap forward and flip target backwards

etc,etc

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I want my volibear rework

I hope they don't touch a hair on that bear

unless...

unless it is to give him more jokes

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius