As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Democratic Presidential Debate - Jim Webb Officially Shutting Up

1444546474850»

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    *sigh* The prevailing theory at my office apparently is that the only reason Biden isn't going to run, is because Hillary bribed him not to.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm very quickly remembering why Spool stays out of these. Continue with previous programming.

Ahh yes the glorious "echo chamber" of reality. I'm glad you posted here to feel superior to all of us though.

Was really surprised at the Biden hate, Sorta forget how fast the intensity level can rise.

Its not hate? Its just simply saying I wouldn't want him as a democratic presidential candidate, nor do I want him directing strategy. See what you're doing is this annoying thing "moderates" do where they claim disliking a politician is some intense hate and I don't think anyone said anything about Hating biden, or then hating his recent policy ideas. But no democrat actively "hates" biden.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Biden's views on the drug war and crime in general are atrocious, that's enough for me to dislike him completely.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    I just wish Uncle Joe could have made his announcement from the podium CNN brought to the first debate "just in case".

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'm very quickly remembering why Spool stays out of these. Continue with previous programming.

Ahh yes the glorious "echo chamber" of reality. I'm glad you posted here to feel superior to all of us though.

Was really surprised at the Biden hate, Sorta forget how fast the intensity level can rise.

Biden has been a really charming VP who's done great stuff with his position. And while I and many posters here appreciate that it doesn't change that if he ran for president it would have a selfish decision that would have hurt the party for a position we likely wouldn't get.

But he didn't so no biggie.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Wow, didn't take much for people to turn on Biden.

People were lying to themselves about Biden. He was entertaining as VP, but he had zero support in 08. Once he approached relevancy people noped out

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I was mostly just annoyed that he dragged it out for so long. Like, I get his family had to collectively get over the grieving process and that can take some time, but the whole "I'll be making an announcement in 48 hours" thing just encourages all of the worst habits of the DC/Beltway press pool.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

What hatred? I'm mostly just seeing disagreement. And some hyperbole.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Elderly senators are a class of politicians unto themselves, basically, which is probably where these comments are coming from. For better and for worse they represent a dying breed who treated politics more like a sport and less like a bloodless war; who had friends and personal connections of all stripes across the hill.

It seems weird, to us, growing up in the age of polarization, even though this polarization has been accelerating since the Gingrich wave made Washington a dirty word in GOP circles (and building up before that as well), but a guy like Biden who's been in Washington for over 40 years just doesn't understand the current climate, as to others of his age group. Occasionally the dinosaurs get killed off before they retire for their lack of understanding (a la Dick Lugar).

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

This is a pointless and unhelpful comment.

All the WHADAYA MEAN, PUBS ARE EVIL AND TERRIBLE bullshit is also pointless and unhelpful.

Basically, y'all failed at good conversation, so everybody go sit in the corner and be ashamed, and also the discussion of the actual debate seems to be done, so locksies. Go pay in one of the other 39 election threads.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.